Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not good 21:45 - Oct 29 with 4783 viewsthompsonridd

Need to hold onto these games
Not good on 22:04 - Oct 29 with 3859 viewsRs_Holy

We were unlucky this evening... No stupid mistakes or errors of judgement this time.
Not good on 22:11 - Oct 29 with 3801 viewsLazyFan

As I said before soft underbelly. Too many times we are "unlucky".

Uncle was the best player and Moses was decent at LB as well. But Ball should have been on instead of Amos.

zzzzzzzzzz

Not good on 22:27 - Oct 29 with 3670 viewsBklynRanger

I think we need to give them a bit of a break on this one.

Two early subs against a team that's had a couple of extra days rest didn't help at all.

Some of the players were clearly exhausted.

You could see how much it hurt afterwards.
Not good on 22:27 - Oct 29 with 3670 viewsRs_Holy

Not good on 22:11 - Oct 29 by LazyFan

As I said before soft underbelly. Too many times we are "unlucky".

Uncle was the best player and Moses was decent at LB as well. But Ball should have been on instead of Amos.

Too many times we have been poor and made errors at the end of games… this evening we were very unlucky with that deflection… can’t point the finger at any of the players imho
Not good on 22:33 - Oct 29 with 3607 viewsmcqpr10

Fatigue and injuries killed us. Played ok. So close to 3 points but 3/4 players were hobbling around the last ten mins. Boys put in a shift. Another tough one to take.
Not good on 22:36 - Oct 29 with 3553 viewsLanhoop

Yeah they were out on their feet, Albert and Dykes in particular. I think switching to 4 at the back was what cost us at the end tho'.
Not good on 22:39 - Oct 29 with 3519 viewsMick_S

Far better tonight. How many of those midfield battles, bobbly balls etc did we win tonight? Not bad at all.

That was a decent match; we were far better than we have been just lately and responded tremendously after Tuesday. Just gutted to concede when we did.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Not good on 22:39 - Oct 29 with 3510 viewsMalintabuk

We do seem to not having the rub of the green
On Tuesday we would most likely have won that game with the late goal and it was chalked off wrongly. We then had a mare with the pens but we have to remember players are humans and the chances are the ruled out goal affected them
Then tonight 2 major injuries in the first 30 mins that severely hampered us and how we would later manage the game
Then the sickner of basically an OG in the 91st minute to really rob us of the win.
So think to still be in the 6 after a pretty horrendous month is quite encouraging, and I do believe that the rub of the green will one day go our way
Login to get fewer ads

Not good on 22:41 - Oct 29 with 3471 viewsPaddyhoops

Another day we win , another day charlie gets his "Goal"
Another day Peterborough's last minute winner gets shot wide! Just not our week!!
Our day will come!
Crowd were superb tonight..again.
Not good on 22:43 - Oct 29 with 3441 viewsgazza1

You need a bit of luck sometimes and it deserted us in the time added on......looking forward to Cardiff, play like we did tonight and we should collect 3 points.
Not good on 22:44 - Oct 29 with 3442 viewsqueensparker

Can’t be too gutted about that one. We were unlucky. Atmosphere at the end was pretty positive and happy to clap them off. Forest were better than I expected.

Thought Dozzell had his best game for us, was impressed with him tonight, got stuck in and battled which he hasn’t done for us before. Dykes is getting better all the time. Their number 20 was a proper threat but Dickie did well against him second half and also set up most of our attacks. Albert had another good game. Chair and Willock look knackered and in need of a rest which is understandable.
Not good on 22:49 - Oct 29 with 3381 viewsbillericaydicky

Not good on 22:04 - Oct 29 by Rs_Holy

We were unlucky this evening... No stupid mistakes or errors of judgement this time.

Unlucky with the deflection, but I disagree about the stupid mistake comment, as Dieng was far too casual and should’ve cleared the ball, and that lead to their corners and the goal. Gutted.
Not good on 22:53 - Oct 29 with 3315 viewsPaddyhoops

Not good on 22:39 - Oct 29 by Mick_S

Far better tonight. How many of those midfield battles, bobbly balls etc did we win tonight? Not bad at all.

That was a decent match; we were far better than we have been just lately and responded tremendously after Tuesday. Just gutted to concede when we did.

Spot on about those midfield battles Mick. We usually came out on top and that bodes well for Cardiff next week.
Not good on 23:18 - Oct 29 with 3139 viewsAntti_Heinola

Can’t agree with soft underbelly nonsense. Thought we played with real courage tonight, recovered from two early injuries, dug in, showed quality, worked incredibly hard, Dykes a warrior on one leg for the last 15 at least. And all Forest had was shots from distance. Without the injury dykes would’ve tied it up at 2-0 from Stef’s through ball, and then wicked luck with the equaliser. Take it on the chin, take the positives and move on.
Dozell and odebajo had their best games for us, Albert excellent.

Bare bones.

Not good on 23:29 - Oct 29 with 3087 viewsnix

Johansen looked rejuvenated too after the goal. He threaded some lovely passes through in the second half and looked like he was enjoying playing further forward with Amos and Dozzell taking the deeper defensive mid role.

Uncs was excellent but tired a bit, understandably, towards the end. Absolutely stonking stats for him: SEVEN tackles won, two interceptions, one clearance, 13 out of 17 ground duels won, 2 out of 3 aerial duels won, 4 out of 5 successful dribbles, 2 key passes, 1 big chance created, an assist, and 2 blocked shots of his own.

Dickie did a couple of excellent tackles and looked more his usual self. Seny v unlucky with the deflection for the goal, otherwise a couple of nice saves.

Dykes got through a massive workload and unlucky not to score a couple more.

Chair and Willock looked weary. Real shame to lose McCallum and Jodi so early on. It definitely made a big difference in the closing minutes when we couldn't bring on any fresh legs.

But overall we looked better than against Peterborough and some signs that we could be coming out of a mini slump.

Fingers crossed for Dykes, McCallum and De Wijs. Hope their injuries not bad. At least they get a nice long break now before Blackpool.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 23:34]
Not good on 23:34 - Oct 29 with 3049 viewsEastR

Not good on 22:41 - Oct 29 by Paddyhoops

Another day we win , another day charlie gets his "Goal"
Another day Peterborough's last minute winner gets shot wide! Just not our week!!
Our day will come!
Crowd were superb tonight..again.

Agree with all that

I thought we played well tonight against a team that weren't too bad and played positivity for a result from the off

We'll get the run of the ball on another day

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Not good on 23:48 - Oct 29 with 2964 viewstoboboly

Not good on 22:27 - Oct 29 by BklynRanger

I think we need to give them a bit of a break on this one.

Two early subs against a team that's had a couple of extra days rest didn't help at all.

Some of the players were clearly exhausted.

You could see how much it hurt afterwards.

This. They had 6 days, we had 2, we then had to burn 2 subs early and it looked like a few others were done by 80 mins. Amos should be stronger for the cross and in an ideal world we dont go backs to the wall quite so early, but it wasnt ideal and we put up a fcuking strong fight.

They can hold their heads up tonight and i am with them.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Not good on 00:52 - Oct 30 with 2801 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Not good on 22:04 - Oct 29 by Rs_Holy

I think that's a bit generous. QPR were poor in the first half and, if I'm honest, Forest should have been awarded 1 penalty.

QPR improved in the second half. They could and should have put the game to bed prior to conceding.

In a nutshell, the better team in each half lost that half. Whilst conceding late was sickening, overall a draw was probably a fair result.
Not good on 00:56 - Oct 30 with 2782 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Not good on 23:48 - Oct 29 by toboboly

This. They had 6 days, we had 2, we then had to burn 2 subs early and it looked like a few others were done by 80 mins. Amos should be stronger for the cross and in an ideal world we dont go backs to the wall quite so early, but it wasnt ideal and we put up a fcuking strong fight.

They can hold their heads up tonight and i am with them.

That's a fair point and probably why QPR needed the second goal. Colback said in his post-match interview that Forest were aware that QPR played on Tuesday and they expected us to tire in the latter stages.
Not good on 00:59 - Oct 30 with 2775 viewsMrSheen

Not good on 22:44 - Oct 29 by queensparker

Can’t be too gutted about that one. We were unlucky. Atmosphere at the end was pretty positive and happy to clap them off. Forest were better than I expected.

Thought Dozzell had his best game for us, was impressed with him tonight, got stuck in and battled which he hasn’t done for us before. Dykes is getting better all the time. Their number 20 was a proper threat but Dickie did well against him second half and also set up most of our attacks. Albert had another good game. Chair and Willock look knackered and in need of a rest which is understandable.

Really impressed with Dozell tonight. Composed on the ball, and prepared to break up their possession with a foul as soon as we lost possession rather than let them break like every other team this season, it seems.

Hurts not to win from that position, but what an improvement from Saturday. Hard grind after all the recent games and the early substitutions. I feared the worst when Moses came on, but after letting them in on his side in the first minute after he came on, he was pretty solid.

Distinctly apprehensive start in the stands, roused by an excellent effort on the pitch. We’ve been used to them chasing the game rather than clinging on, but a good night’s entertainment.
Not good on 01:15 - Oct 30 with 2736 viewsVancouverHoop

Not good on 22:33 - Oct 29 by mcqpr10

Fatigue and injuries killed us. Played ok. So close to 3 points but 3/4 players were hobbling around the last ten mins. Boys put in a shift. Another tough one to take.

Quite. We have a small squad, and a number of them have chronic injury histories. That's the way it's going to be. That's how come they're here. The club accepts that, and we must too. It may be the only way we can maintain a competitive edge in this division. Constant juggling from sick room, to fitness, to fully productive is likely be the pattern for the rest of the year. We lost two players relatively early in the match tonight. Amos effectively missed a whole season. Field is due back soon after a long injury time-out, Thomas too. Who knows when/if Wallace will return. Now MacCallum and De Wijs are gone. It's how our club is currently built, we'd better wish them luck, but there are going to be more days like this.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 1:16]
Not good on 06:43 - Oct 30 with 2560 viewspaulparker

You can make all the excuses about this team but the fact remains we keep conceding last minute goals , Bristol city , Peterborough, West Brom off the top of my head and that’s just this season it seems to have been a theme the last 2 years
We have probably the biggest bruises as centre backs in the league but concede far to many goals

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Not good on 08:42 - Oct 30 with 2363 viewsStreathamRanger

Pleased to see the majority seem to be keeping a level head and not criticising the team too much. Gutted we couldn't see it out for the win but a draw probably a fair result. Forest look a decent team and should finish top half so a draw not a terrible result especially after a difficult week. I quite liked the look of the 4-2-3-1 shape we seemed to take up towards the end. Injuries could force Warbs to give this another try in one of our next games. Dozzell was excellent last night. Showed why we signed him and definitely one with a bright future ahead.

Only negative for me was the pair of moaning Pillock's sitting behind me in V block. Good lord, these two could moan. They almost seemed to be willing Forest to score just so they could be proved right. I asked the poor souls around them if they always moaned like that and they said this was them on a good day. Shame really as they were fantastic seats right on half way but I won't be sitting there again.
Not good on 08:59 - Oct 30 with 2294 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Definitely agree that we gave it everything and that the likes of Dozzell and Odubajo had their best games for us. Went too deep at the end and paid the price but it's still an unfortunate deflection. And ultimately, I think a draw was a fair result - Forest were a lot better than I was expecting and Brennan Johnson looks a real player, even if he never shut up moaning.

Plus, being positive, our fixtures till the end of the year are decent; the caveat being this is the Championship and anyone can beat anyone. If we can go on a run and be in the play-off running come January, then make a couple of decent signings, then who knows.

Still think we need more pace - Johnson had it last night and it means you can transition so quickly, which is something we desperately need. That said, the wing backs were great last night - sad that McCallum went off but Albert was MOTM again.
Not good on 10:44 - Oct 30 with 2125 viewsMrSheen

Not good on 08:59 - Oct 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

Definitely agree that we gave it everything and that the likes of Dozzell and Odubajo had their best games for us. Went too deep at the end and paid the price but it's still an unfortunate deflection. And ultimately, I think a draw was a fair result - Forest were a lot better than I was expecting and Brennan Johnson looks a real player, even if he never shut up moaning.

Plus, being positive, our fixtures till the end of the year are decent; the caveat being this is the Championship and anyone can beat anyone. If we can go on a run and be in the play-off running come January, then make a couple of decent signings, then who knows.

Still think we need more pace - Johnson had it last night and it means you can transition so quickly, which is something we desperately need. That said, the wing backs were great last night - sad that McCallum went off but Albert was MOTM again.

Johnson played like the young Michael Owen, but without the lethal finishing, fortunately.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024