Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Currie — Patreon 08:51 - Nov 10 with 4341 viewsNorthernr

Latest Patreon interview is out guys. Thanks to much to Mel/Norfolt for setting this one up for us.

Listen here for a couple of quid...

https://www.patreon.com/LoftForWords

or read it for free here...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56227
Tony Currie — Patreon on 10:40 - Nov 10 with 3766 viewspaulhoop2

As always Clive well done . For those to young to remember the 70s it’s great to read about it now with a true legend . Any idea as to who else you will be interviewing ? ( I know we ask you every time but they are all so good ! )

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Tony Currie — Patreon on 10:43 - Nov 10 with 3756 viewsNorthernr

Tony Currie — Patreon on 10:40 - Nov 10 by paulhoop2

As always Clive well done . For those to young to remember the 70s it’s great to read about it now with a true legend . Any idea as to who else you will be interviewing ? ( I know we ask you every time but they are all so good ! )

Well we've got Ruben this afternoon for the first time, but I'm doing that with the QPR Podcast guys.

Patreon, not sure yet, will make sure there's another before Christmas because the subscriptions have been an absolute life saver and I'm genuinely so grateful.

Would like to get Simon Stainrod if I can, he's on Twitter so I'll plug away at that one next maybe.
Tony Currie — Patreon on 10:59 - Nov 10 with 3719 viewsdaveB

Tony Currie — Patreon on 10:43 - Nov 10 by Northernr

Well we've got Ruben this afternoon for the first time, but I'm doing that with the QPR Podcast guys.

Patreon, not sure yet, will make sure there's another before Christmas because the subscriptions have been an absolute life saver and I'm genuinely so grateful.

Would like to get Simon Stainrod if I can, he's on Twitter so I'll plug away at that one next maybe.

would love to hear from Danny Maddix, he was brilliant and played across a few different eras
Tony Currie — Patreon on 11:01 - Nov 10 with 3714 viewsJamesB1979

Have you tried to get an interview with Adel? Be interesting to hear him not just on his playing days but he also has had some influence over Chair and Willock.
Tony Currie — Patreon on 11:03 - Nov 10 with 3705 viewsnadera78

Tony Currie — Patreon on 10:59 - Nov 10 by daveB

would love to hear from Danny Maddix, he was brilliant and played across a few different eras

Maddix would be great
Tony Currie — Patreon on 11:55 - Nov 10 with 3624 viewsRs_Holy

Stainrod would be great!
Tony Currie — Patreon on 12:00 - Nov 10 with 3617 viewsPhildo

Enjoyed that- the bloke was my idol as a kid. He is quite self deprecating as well but the bloke was an absolutely super footballer
Tony Currie — Patreon on 13:17 - Nov 10 with 3457 viewshantssi

Tony Currie — Patreon on 12:00 - Nov 10 by Phildo

Enjoyed that- the bloke was my idol as a kid. He is quite self deprecating as well but the bloke was an absolutely super footballer

He was but his bloody nephew (?) Darren was a right royal pain in the ass who ALWAYS scored against us especially when he was playing for Ipswich 😡
Login to get fewer ads

Tony Currie — Patreon on 13:37 - Nov 10 with 3411 viewslightwaterhoop

I always thought Tony got wrongly labelled as a maverick, to me he was a creative and hard working midfield player, i think as daft as it sounds his long hair counted against him a bit.Loved him at Rangers.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 13:39]
Tony Currie — Patreon on 15:07 - Nov 10 with 3299 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I remember the day we signed him.

As per, I was dispatched to get the morning paper and as I left the newsagent, I turned to the back page - as you do - and BOOM! I went back in and read a few more back pages and read the one I’d bought a couple of times more on the way home.

Couldn’t believe it.

My mum was part worried, part annoyed that a five minute trip had taken considerably longer than usual. I just held the back page up at her. Even she knew the immensity of the words she was reading.

Breakfast was irretrievably ruined but didn’t matter, I was having a Currie instead!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tony Currie — Patreon on 15:17 - Nov 10 with 3278 viewsNorthantsHoop

Super player, remember his goal against Fulham in 1979 a real net buster and a joy to watch at 15 just turning 16 years old in the loft.
Tony Currie — Patreon on 16:51 - Nov 10 with 3181 viewsPinnerPaul

Lovely interview
Tony Currie — Patreon on 22:35 - Nov 10 with 2895 viewsStainrod

Great interview thanks, wonderful to hear one of my childhood heroes. Clearly had/ has great affection for the club. Think he does himself down when he says he was not at his best at QPR. I know the last injury-plagued season he was a shadow of his former self but until then I thought he was magnificent - was too young to see Gerry Francis in his pomp so can't really speak pre about 1980, but for me TC was the best midfielder the club has had since then. He always looked quite nonchalant on the pitch, but it was clear he really cared deeply about the clubs his played for and his performances.
Tony Currie — Patreon on 09:28 - Nov 11 with 2707 viewsQPROslo

Great interview with a fantastic player thanks.
Tony Currie — Patreon on 14:28 - Nov 11 with 2526 viewsA40Bosh

Thanks Clive a great listen from a player my dad always name checks when he is telling me (yet again) that he could remember the name of every player in the early 70s and how the current team can't hold a candle.....

The best bit was when he was feeling he had to apologise for causing both Spurs goals in the cup final - he sounded mortified when fessing up that the ball had deflected off of him and took it away from Peter Hucker as well as giving away the penalty in the other game

Sounds like a Christmas present of TC's book could be winging its way to the old man then

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Tony Currie — Patreon on 14:30 - Nov 11 with 2523 viewsNorthernr

Some clarification on the book signing. Because of the Sky moves TC will be down signing his book now on December 18, Swansea H.
Stoke H will be Don Masson.
Tony Currie — Patreon on 17:37 - Nov 11 with 2373 viewstoboboly

If you were able to get them Darren Peacock, Adam Bolder (squeaky voice), Paul Parker, Marc Nygaard, Akos, Damien Delaney, Lee Camp would all be good ones I reckon.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tony Currie — Patreon on 17:40 - Nov 11 with 2376 viewsNorthernr

Tony Currie — Patreon on 17:37 - Nov 11 by toboboly

If you were able to get them Darren Peacock, Adam Bolder (squeaky voice), Paul Parker, Marc Nygaard, Akos, Damien Delaney, Lee Camp would all be good ones I reckon.

I have tried for Campy through his dad, hasn't been keen so far.
Tony Currie — Patreon on 17:56 - Nov 11 with 2344 viewstoboboly

Tony Currie — Patreon on 17:40 - Nov 11 by Northernr

I have tried for Campy through his dad, hasn't been keen so far.

Fair enough, not for everyone I suppose.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tony Currie — Patreon on 18:04 - Nov 11 with 2338 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Thank you for that. What a great read. All that and he wore his cup final track suit top, as well, bless him.
Tony Currie — Patreon on 18:20 - Nov 11 with 2320 viewsthemodfather

an honest account from TC especially over the cup final, not fully fit but we held out in the first game and the replay was all ours bar the trophy! bloody ref, i still see the linesman flagging for a penalty to us and ref ignored him.
for me Stainrod would be great, skillful, always in the rucks and started a riot up norf, oldhan v owls??
Tony Currie — Patreon on 09:19 - Nov 12 with 2057 viewsTheChef

Tony Currie — Patreon on 17:56 - Nov 11 by toboboly

Fair enough, not for everyone I suppose.

Wasn't there allegedly some scandal around why he left the club? Might be why he's not keen.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tony Currie — Patreon on 11:59 - Nov 12 with 1980 viewsterryb

Tony Currie — Patreon on 09:19 - Nov 12 by TheChef

Wasn't there allegedly some scandal around why he left the club? Might be why he's not keen.

The deflected goal in the first game definitely isn't the fault of TC.

Hoddle only had pocession of the ball because by good friend Clive White blatantly obstructed Gary Waddock! It was the only way that Hoddle would break free of the shackles that Gary had on him.
Tony Currie — Patreon on 00:29 - Nov 13 with 1664 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Tony Currie — Patreon on 11:55 - Nov 10 by Rs_Holy

Stainrod would be great!

I remember finding a copy of Match or Shoot magazine somewhere outside a shop (no money to actually buy one ) then opening it and finding a full page color picture of Simon Stainrod .It was magnificent with our hoops looking perfect and I kept that magazine until it fell apart.
Incredible player for us and Currie loved playing with him.
Pity about the injuries to TC and bigger pity the ref did not do his job, or QPR did not close down Roberts before that hopeless tackle .
Is he healthy now Clive or crippled ,hopefully the advances in medicine have taken care of his knees .
Great interview btw congrats
Tony Currie — Patreon on 18:29 - Nov 13 with 1413 viewsGloryHunter

That was great, thanks Clive.

Some footballers don't seem too bothered about their past careers, but Tony Currie seems to have an encyclopedic memory of every game he played in, every player on the pitch, where they all are now etc etc. Very impressive interviewee!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024