Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview 14:42 - Nov 18 with 3762 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56286
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 16:17 - Nov 18 with 3525 viewsdaveB

Superb

insert round of applause image
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 16:23 - Nov 18 with 3505 viewsKonk

We’ll said, Clive.

SKY couldn’t give a toss about match-going football fans.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 16:31 - Nov 18 with 3481 viewscolinallcars

Spot on re bloody Sky.
It seems the only way we are going to get our Saturday afternoons back is for the team to be struggling near the bottom of the league. Even then they'll still take the matches against the likes of Fulham.
I hope Newcastle get relegated as they will be featured comprehensively.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 18:19]
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 16:37 - Nov 18 with 3467 viewsNorthernr

This is the thing, I don't want us not to feature. I just want them to think a little bit. QPR being on 12 times before Christmas, Blackpool once, that's obviously not fair. The Blackpool/Preston, Cardiff/Boro thing - obviously stupid, don't do that. Bournemouth away to Derby 12 noon Sunday, away to Boro 12.30 Saturday - obviously not right, don't do that. The Sheff Wed debacle this week.

Just be a bit less cnty about it.
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 16:57 - Nov 18 with 3411 viewsAntti_Heinola

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 16:37 - Nov 18 by Northernr

This is the thing, I don't want us not to feature. I just want them to think a little bit. QPR being on 12 times before Christmas, Blackpool once, that's obviously not fair. The Blackpool/Preston, Cardiff/Boro thing - obviously stupid, don't do that. Bournemouth away to Derby 12 noon Sunday, away to Boro 12.30 Saturday - obviously not right, don't do that. The Sheff Wed debacle this week.

Just be a bit less cnty about it.

should be fairly straight forward to insert minimum and maximum numbers of games over a season for every team? So every team must have minimum 5 games on Sky, no team has more than... 12? 15? across a season.

Bare bones.

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 17:04 - Nov 18 with 3389 viewsNorthernr

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 16:57 - Nov 18 by Antti_Heinola

should be fairly straight forward to insert minimum and maximum numbers of games over a season for every team? So every team must have minimum 5 games on Sky, no team has more than... 12? 15? across a season.

Well you would think so yes. But apparently not.

Mostly it's just bloody obvious isn't it? It is obviously unfair that QPR and West Brom have 12 games on each in the first 24 rounds, and then three quarters of the league don't have that between them. You've got teams that have been on a dozen times, and teams that have been on once.

Bournemouth away to Boro lunchtime kick off - obviously bloody not, pick another one, try again.
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 17:37 - Nov 18 with 3302 viewsextratimeR

Great piece Clive, really needed to be said, its so bloody frustrating watching the Championship Clubs fawning over their annual Sky handout.

Surely someone with a pair could sit the Clubs down and come up with a Live Coverage Strategy?

Th current Premiership Format is not going to exist much longer, and sooner rather than later, the usual suspects will re-invent their new "its not really a European Super League Product" and will once again "break away" but this time do it properly, having learnt from their mistakes.

The Championship Clubs need to think long and hard about re-structuring and horrible as it sounds it might involve a new Competition formed by clubs from remains of the Premiership and The Championship, I also cannot see this happening if SKY are involved.

The future could be a new league with a new Media Sponsor, AMAZON? or a total newcomer.

As Clive says in his excellent piece, the current mess cannot go on much longer, as hard up fans may begin to "pick and choose" their matches next season .

I just wonder how much longer our amazing away support can continue, when faced with impossible options for trains, cost and dates.

Thanks Clive
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 17:55 - Nov 18 with 3254 viewsdenhamhoop2

Think this might be my favourite ever preview. Fairly certain when the BSB deals started with the Football League there was a clause stating each team had to be shown a minimum amount of times that has obviously been allowed to disappear down the years.
Am truly flabbergasted that Luton and Blackpool have featured so few times this season as Sky love a Cinderella Rags to Riches story and with what both sets of fans have been through surely both teams qualify on this score.
Sadly the only way to change this scenario is for people to give up their subscription to Sky and yes Clive I fully understand the impact it would have on club finances but to be honest it's not like the extra money is doing anything else but improving the lives of footballers and agents. Football really does need a reset in this country and to be honest most other sports have gone down the same path. Greed is Good but only if you have Gordon Gecko's conscience and mindset that has to change or else the sport in this country will eat itself
Login to get fewer ads

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 17:56 - Nov 18 with 3251 viewsNorthernr

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 17:55 - Nov 18 by denhamhoop2

Think this might be my favourite ever preview. Fairly certain when the BSB deals started with the Football League there was a clause stating each team had to be shown a minimum amount of times that has obviously been allowed to disappear down the years.
Am truly flabbergasted that Luton and Blackpool have featured so few times this season as Sky love a Cinderella Rags to Riches story and with what both sets of fans have been through surely both teams qualify on this score.
Sadly the only way to change this scenario is for people to give up their subscription to Sky and yes Clive I fully understand the impact it would have on club finances but to be honest it's not like the extra money is doing anything else but improving the lives of footballers and agents. Football really does need a reset in this country and to be honest most other sports have gone down the same path. Greed is Good but only if you have Gordon Gecko's conscience and mindset that has to change or else the sport in this country will eat itself

If it's not going to reset during the pandemic, it's never going to reset. Lee Hoos said the same in our interview with him last month. He said it was a huge wasted opp.
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 18:17 - Nov 18 with 3192 viewsdaveB

There is absolutely nothing stopping the EFL and the Premier League from insisting that all tv picks are done when the fixtures come out in June for the first half of the season and pick the second half of the season by the end of November
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 18:41 - Nov 18 with 3123 viewspaulhoop2

Once again Clive brilliant article .

My way of stopping it would be to get bbc1 or itv to have a few live picks for the EFL have a few matches spread over Thursday - Sunday make sure it’s local games throughout the efl .

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 20:29 - Nov 18 with 2857 viewsstevec

Let’s not forget, Sky came along like a fairy godmother, granted the clubs huge amounts of money the like of which they’d never seen… and the clubs in the EFL promptly pissed every last penny of it, and some, on the players and nothing else.

Look around our stadium, it’s the same place as I sat in 35 years ago, minus the cosy bar we used to have for SAR season ticket holders.

And you wonder why Sky treat EFL clubs like a bunch of inbreds.
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 22:31 - Nov 18 with 2622 viewsderbyhoop

If anybody thinks Sky give a toss about fans who actually go to games, they've drunk far too many Peronis

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 23:53 - Nov 18 with 2526 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Magnificent writing as usual but even more powerful if that is possible.
This is on the back of your incredible description of the Blackpool adventure which was really enjoyable btw.
Living in America the Saturday morning 9 am game (3pm London time) has been an enjoyable staple for me since forever and enjoying breakfast, Match Thread or some dodgy website bootleg version pure joy
Now with this new Sky deal I never see any games or get to enjoy Brian typing away and the howls of joy or anguish from the posters according to how we are playing .
Its a small inconvenience of course compared to the fans who pay their hard earned money down following QPR around the Country.
If anybody is bored check out the new TV deal between NBC in America and the Pl the only word i can use is Fcuk me what a windfall
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 08:48 - Nov 19 with 2262 viewsswitchingcode

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 17:37 - Nov 18 by extratimeR

Great piece Clive, really needed to be said, its so bloody frustrating watching the Championship Clubs fawning over their annual Sky handout.

Surely someone with a pair could sit the Clubs down and come up with a Live Coverage Strategy?

Th current Premiership Format is not going to exist much longer, and sooner rather than later, the usual suspects will re-invent their new "its not really a European Super League Product" and will once again "break away" but this time do it properly, having learnt from their mistakes.

The Championship Clubs need to think long and hard about re-structuring and horrible as it sounds it might involve a new Competition formed by clubs from remains of the Premiership and The Championship, I also cannot see this happening if SKY are involved.

The future could be a new league with a new Media Sponsor, AMAZON? or a total newcomer.

As Clive says in his excellent piece, the current mess cannot go on much longer, as hard up fans may begin to "pick and choose" their matches next season .

I just wonder how much longer our amazing away support can continue, when faced with impossible options for trains, cost and dates.

Thanks Clive

Agree excellent piece by Clive but if you get to the “promised land “your away support will be restricted to 3000 max.
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 09:12 - Nov 19 with 2222 viewsgazza1

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 08:48 - Nov 19 by switchingcode

Agree excellent piece by Clive but if you get to the “promised land “your away support will be restricted to 3000 max.

I think the introduction of Sky was fantastic.....very important for the future of our game n the UK and probably why the Premiership is the top league in the world.

Top sides are going to get more TV time but it needs to be equalled out a lot better than it is and changing KO dates & times can be a proper pain.
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 09:23 - Nov 19 with 2203 viewsTheChef

The other issue is that we are conveniently close to Sky HQ in Isleworth, so travel costs etc. are much less for them.

It's bad enough being flavour of the month/season but then in typical QPR fashion Sky seem happy to slag us off and big up our opponents every time.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 10:38 - Nov 19 with 2084 viewscolinallcars

I was going to write an ironic letter to Sky complaining that my favourite brand, QPR, are not being shown often enough. Trouble is, as Clive once said, irony doesn't come across well in print.
They'd have probably said, “ 'ere 'e's right y'know, we should show QPR more often.”
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:36 - Nov 19 with 1872 viewshoopdog

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 13:38 - Nov 19 with 1866 viewshoopdog

You have to wonder who owns QPR ! Or come that the EFL Certainly not the fans
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 14:10 - Nov 19 with 1796 viewsShotKneesHoop

I hope the crowd tonight follow the Palace Ultras, who hate Sky with a passion, and sing to the tune of "Blue Moon":-

"Sky Sport, we phoooohoking hate Sky Sport."
"We phoooohoking hate Sky Sport."
"We phoooohoking hate Sky Sport."

And that they sing it every time that play is near the Sky sound boom and also during the interviews on the field afterwards

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 14:58 - Nov 19 with 1697 viewsSnipper

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 09:12 - Nov 19 by gazza1

I think the introduction of Sky was fantastic.....very important for the future of our game n the UK and probably why the Premiership is the top league in the world.

Top sides are going to get more TV time but it needs to be equalled out a lot better than it is and changing KO dates & times can be a proper pain.

Was you a pantomime villain in a previous life?

You’re a WUM of the highest order.
The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 15:53 - Nov 19 with 1628 viewsTheChef

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 09:12 - Nov 19 by gazza1

Hi Rupert!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The EFL needs a television deal, but not like this — Preview on 16:08 - Nov 19 with 1596 viewscolinallcars

My wife thinks I'm making a fuss about nothing with comments like “ what difference does it make what time the game's on “ I think I'll introduce her to gazza.
I went into the pub lunchtime and the barman said “ bitter? “
“ well, wouldn't you be “ I said.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024