Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. 22:23 - Nov 21 with 11354 viewsqpr_1968

on the luton fellow friday night.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 22:29 - Nov 21 with 8502 viewscolinallcars

Dear Jesus.
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 22:34 - Nov 21 with 8454 viewsRangersw12

http://news.met.police.uk/news/arrest-made-following-qpr-football-match-assault-

Doubt he will be charged with attempted murder tbh. The Luton fella was there for the row
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 22:34]
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 22:36 - Nov 21 with 8420 viewsSydneyRs

Attempted murder is a bit much, but what the hell motivates these idiots to get involved in this stuff?
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 22:39 - Nov 21 with 8350 viewsstevec

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 22:36 - Nov 21 by SydneyRs

Attempted murder is a bit much, but what the hell motivates these idiots to get involved in this stuff?

Cocaine?
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 22:57 - Nov 21 with 8239 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 22:34 - Nov 21 by Rangersw12

http://news.met.police.uk/news/arrest-made-following-qpr-football-match-assault-

Doubt he will be charged with attempted murder tbh. The Luton fella was there for the row
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 22:34]

Does this really need another thread and are we still suggesting it matters if he was up for a row or not?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 23:02]
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 23:09 - Nov 21 with 8142 viewsRangersw12

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 22:57 - Nov 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Does this really need another thread and are we still suggesting it matters if he was up for a row or not?

I didnt start the thread!

Yeah I think it does matter as context is everything

Lives ruined because of something stupid
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 23:33 - Nov 21 with 8013 viewsBoston

Does if he was the perp, yer 'onour.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 23:40]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 07:35 - Nov 22 with 7541 viewsBruno4England

A new thread? Probably not but admin will merge if they think it's excessive.

However, context is everything. Not for the legal situation but for fans of both clubs attending this fixture in the future. It's niave to think that what happened on Friday night will not have a reaction from Luton fans either at Kenilworth Road in March or any subsequent match. If he was just an ordinary fan then the hatred will be ridiculous and few will be guaranteed not to be attacked when attending future fixtures because it won't end there on either side.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 7:36]
Login to get fewer ads

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 08:21 - Nov 22 with 7364 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Don't know any of the details so can't really comment except to say that it's a sad day for Rangers with most likely more sad days to come.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 08:39 - Nov 22 with 7263 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I hadn't realised you were the new site owner Baz?
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 09:01 - Nov 22 with 7164 viewsJuzzie

If the guy was up for it, it does matter. If he just went to watch a game, and like 99% of people that’s all, he wouldn’t be in intensive care.
If he went looking for trouble then you have to deal with the consequences if you find it. Cause and effect. That doesn’t excuse the behaviour of the guy who did it either, he’s just as bad.

If he pulls through and makes a full recovery i hope he has an epiphany and stops this stupid behaviour. Even better, encourages others to do the same.

Sadly, i feel this will actually just fuel repercussions. They could even come down on Wednesday night.

Being a Friday night I came very close to taking my 7 year old. So glad i didn’t go in the end and just watched it with a neighbour. I am very aware of the history between the two clubs especially as I was at a few if those Luton away games in the 80’s (prior to the away ban).
Been to a few more recent games between the two clubs and there’s never been any trouble that i was aware of so just felt it had ebbed away.

Why should i now have to avoid such games with my son because of utter scum, on all sides, who behave like cnts.
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 09:26 - Nov 22 with 7003 viewsBruno4England

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 09:01 - Nov 22 by Juzzie

If the guy was up for it, it does matter. If he just went to watch a game, and like 99% of people that’s all, he wouldn’t be in intensive care.
If he went looking for trouble then you have to deal with the consequences if you find it. Cause and effect. That doesn’t excuse the behaviour of the guy who did it either, he’s just as bad.

If he pulls through and makes a full recovery i hope he has an epiphany and stops this stupid behaviour. Even better, encourages others to do the same.

Sadly, i feel this will actually just fuel repercussions. They could even come down on Wednesday night.

Being a Friday night I came very close to taking my 7 year old. So glad i didn’t go in the end and just watched it with a neighbour. I am very aware of the history between the two clubs especially as I was at a few if those Luton away games in the 80’s (prior to the away ban).
Been to a few more recent games between the two clubs and there’s never been any trouble that i was aware of so just felt it had ebbed away.

Why should i now have to avoid such games with my son because of utter scum, on all sides, who behave like cnts.

'Been to a few more recent games between the two clubs and there’s never been any trouble that i was aware of so just felt it had ebbed away.'

There was huge trouble on the Green in 2019.

I think that's the catch 22 problem. If the press report these things - such as 2019 - does it promote trouble and lead to more people participating or does it do the normal fans a disservice by keeping them in the dark?

I've seen a few people question the way the club also promotes the club in general and the match on Friday. Do the club create issues by promoting football as a fun filled family day out which leaves a lot of people oblivious to the realities of attending football which is it still has a dark side and should they be posting 'cute' /amusing/irrelevant tweets in the build up to a fixture against Luton? For one of the most intense and long standing rivalries in English football is is absurd and worrying that so many fans - on both sides - seemed oblivious to what can, does and will happen at this fixture.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 9:26]
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 09:36 - Nov 22 with 6893 viewsMaggsinho

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 09:26 - Nov 22 by Bruno4England

'Been to a few more recent games between the two clubs and there’s never been any trouble that i was aware of so just felt it had ebbed away.'

There was huge trouble on the Green in 2019.

I think that's the catch 22 problem. If the press report these things - such as 2019 - does it promote trouble and lead to more people participating or does it do the normal fans a disservice by keeping them in the dark?

I've seen a few people question the way the club also promotes the club in general and the match on Friday. Do the club create issues by promoting football as a fun filled family day out which leaves a lot of people oblivious to the realities of attending football which is it still has a dark side and should they be posting 'cute' /amusing/irrelevant tweets in the build up to a fixture against Luton? For one of the most intense and long standing rivalries in English football is is absurd and worrying that so many fans - on both sides - seemed oblivious to what can, does and will happen at this fixture.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 9:26]

Of course they should be promoting football as a fun, family day out.

What do you want; "Come down the Rangers, it'll be pwoper nawty tonight'?
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 09:47 - Nov 22 with 6820 viewsBruno4England

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 09:36 - Nov 22 by Maggsinho

Of course they should be promoting football as a fun, family day out.

What do you want; "Come down the Rangers, it'll be pwoper nawty tonight'?

That's not what I'm saying at all to be fair.

However, surely there must be a balance between promoting attending QPR matches as something akin to going to see Disney on ice and informing those who may be unaware of the reality of attending any match?
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 16:28 - Nov 22 with 5871 viewsPlanetHonneywood

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 09:47 - Nov 22 by Bruno4England

That's not what I'm saying at all to be fair.

However, surely there must be a balance between promoting attending QPR matches as something akin to going to see Disney on ice and informing those who may be unaware of the reality of attending any match?

Of all the suggestions that I have heard on LFW....

Just what Rangers need, to be exposed to legal liability for matters that are ostensibly, out of their control.

There comes a time when you have to accept that people need to exercise their own common sense for what is foreseeable, as you have to acknowledge that there are inherent risks with everything: just ask the poor people in Wisconsin attending a bloody Christmas parade.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 16:33 - Nov 22 with 5830 viewssupahoopsa

What is clear to me is that there needs to be some form of amnesty, all the old baggage from games and incidents from the past put behind us ALL and to start again with a clean sheet.

How can it EVER be acceptable that you go to a football match and suffer from violence?

Watching games at HQ should be enjoyable, but watching the behaviour of fans, often men in their 40's and 50's screaming at the opposition fans, offering them out for a fight - it's just embarrassing and needs to stop

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 16:37 - Nov 22 with 5795 viewsBruno4England

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 16:28 - Nov 22 by PlanetHonneywood

Of all the suggestions that I have heard on LFW....

Just what Rangers need, to be exposed to legal liability for matters that are ostensibly, out of their control.

There comes a time when you have to accept that people need to exercise their own common sense for what is foreseeable, as you have to acknowledge that there are inherent risks with everything: just ask the poor people in Wisconsin attending a bloody Christmas parade.

I agree that people should deploy some common sense but something went very wrong on Friday and so many people being completely unaware of the reality of a QPR vs Luton match is, for me, a concern.

As I said, not asking the club to put people off but I believe that they need to consider what role they played in that.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 16:39]
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 16:43 - Nov 22 with 5736 viewsAntti_Heinola

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 16:37 - Nov 22 by Bruno4England

I agree that people should deploy some common sense but something went very wrong on Friday and so many people being completely unaware of the reality of a QPR vs Luton match is, for me, a concern.

As I said, not asking the club to put people off but I believe that they need to consider what role they played in that.

You keep saying this, but I've been going to QPR-Luton for years and while there's no love lost between the fans, I've never known anything like this. We've barely played them for over a decade.

Bare bones.

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 17:11 - Nov 22 with 5615 viewshantssi

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 16:37 - Nov 22 by Bruno4England

What exactly is the role the club supposed to have played in all this?
They cannot be held responsible for nutters who should know better fighting away from the ground.
Where to you draw the line, SBG, White City Station, outside of the borough?
I believe the clubs responsibility starts and finishes at the ground.
They can’t possibly state don’t come as there MAY be trouble somewhere outside the ground but we can’t tell you where!
I got in a scrap in the late ‘70’s at Hanger Lane Station with some Arsenal fans, is that the clubs fault?
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 17:24 - Nov 22 with 5507 viewsBruno4England

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 16:43 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

You keep saying this, but I've been going to QPR-Luton for years and while there's no love lost between the fans, I've never known anything like this. We've barely played them for over a decade.

We played them in 2019 and it kicked off all day including a large scale incident on the green.

There has also been trouble when we haven't been playing each other and QPR went to Hayes vs Luton to attack them.

How often we have played them is irrelevant.
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 17:26 - Nov 22 with 5494 viewsluton

The 26 year old has now been charged and the Luton fan remains in a life-threatening condition in hospital.
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 17:26 - Nov 22 with 5486 viewskingsburyR

Never been in a seconds worth of trouble at LR generally because I don't go looking for it.

Most times Luton or Cardiff or Swansea or Millwall or whoever fancies it comes to LR there is some sort of trouble. Most of it minor but I can recall Cardiff a few years back running amok on South Africa Road, Millwall turning up like a small army and Swansea having a go at the Springbok.

All in front of me while I walk to or from the car.

However, who thought bringing Luton down on a Friday night was going to be anything but trouble!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 17:29 - Nov 22 with 5454 viewsMick_S

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 17:11 - Nov 22 by hantssi

They cannot be held responsible for nutters who should know better fighting away from the ground.
They can’t possibly state don’t come as there MAY be trouble somewhere outside the ground but we can’t tell you where!
I got in a scrap in the late ‘70’s at Hanger Lane Station with some Arsenal fans, is that the clubs fault?

hantssi - many of us, certainly the police who inform the club, know when trouble is expected. It’s the usual lot. Of course, the club cannot legislate for a ‘surprise’ turn out.

Top tier, cordoned off. No bottom tier to the away support. Of course I get that if we only allow the restricted allocation, that some will travel anyway and that can be a major problem. I believe that the club need to be seen to be doing the right thing. I’ve mentioned elsewhere that I don’t bother with the aggy games anymore. Might be me, but it’s just not why I go to football and I can’t be doing it anymore.

Not an easy one for the club - I get that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 17:33 - Nov 22 with 5422 viewsBruno4England

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 17:11 - Nov 22 by hantssi

I agree that their responsibility falls within a clearly defined location but, to me at least, the amount of people who have come out and said taht they didn't realise that there was such hatred between the 2 and that they wouldn't have come if they did is worrying.

I don't know what the club should or could do to increase knowledge but am convinced that should investigate what they could do.
26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 17:56 - Nov 22 with 5292 viewsSheffieldHoop

26 yo man arrested for attempted murder. on 17:26 - Nov 22 by luton

The 26 year old has now been charged and the Luton fan remains in a life-threatening condition in hospital.

Charged - But not with attempted murder
Think this one will surprise a few people
Terrible what's happened
But, none of us really know the details, so probably best to wait for news

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024