Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTM 09:09 - Nov 25 with 5037 viewsBklynRanger

3 or 4 contenders but I'd give it to Stef for last night - the passing seemed back and he showed more energy than of late (Hunter, you will have a view mate I'm sure!).

4 or 5 really good balls forward, closing down the keeper in the latter stages, giving good advice to Dozzell about when to go for it - good all round game. Really hope that injury isn't much - his body language seemed ok I thought as he was going off. Very encouraging for him to be coming back into form now.

Jimmy D would be another for me - won everything and very composed - amazing how quickly he's made that position his own.
MOTM on 10:08 - Nov 25 with 4064 viewsMaggsinho

Definitely Stef last night, thought he was back to his best of last season, especially his passing.

I liked this stat:

MOTM on 10:20 - Nov 25 with 4028 viewsDWQPR

Some of the football last night was a real pleasure to watch and the combinations between Wallace, Chair and Willock were unstoppable at times. No coincidence that we look better with Wallace back and he really does bring a different dimension when we are attacking and very unlucky not to get on the scoresheet a couple of times. Dozzell is starting to make that central midfield role his own, always looking for a pass and never hides and it really is great to know that we have four very good players in Johansen, Dozzell, Field and Amos to rotate those positions to keep each other fresher and to maintain the quality. And cannot forget Dom Ball either who isn't that shabby.

Dunne is becoming a bit of a monster in the central three with Dickie and Barbet providing the more culture and that's not saying that Dunne isn't poor on the ball. I really like this team, sure they are going to make you pull your hair out at times but as a team going forward they are as good as anyone else in this division and certainly a fair few in the PL from what I've seen this season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

MOTM on 10:33 - Nov 25 with 3984 viewsHunterhoop

Definitely his best game for a long time, but I’d have gone with Dunne or Wallace. Outstanding games. Clean sheet. Won everything in the air and mopped up well. Wallace brings so much more balance and organisation. Been back 2 games and we’ve kept two clean sheets! Barbet is also in great form.

Johansen had an excellent second half (he seems to improve in second halves, btw, presumably as players tire and space opens up). But in the first half, I thought Dozzell was the one running the show.

It’s also worth pointing out that Huddersfield matched our shape of 3421 to my eye, with only 2 central midfielders, one of whole was a youth teamer, with their best midfielder is out injured. So we weren’t outnumbered 2 to 3, as usual, and they lacked experience.

As I said from the outset, when up against a 3 man midfield, when we go with 2 in the middle and one is Johansen I don’t think we always have the legs to stop them carving through us and running at the back 3. We’re also more exposed to the counter. That doesn’t mean drop Johansen; we could change our shape accordingly. Now we have Field and Amos back, on top of Johansen, Dozzell, and Ball we have lots of options.

But all in all, very encouraging Johansen had his best game in months, probably this season. And it’s no surprise we played well as a result. On the ball he’s class still.
MOTM on 10:35 - Nov 25 with 3970 viewsPhilmyRs

Agree with all this. I think Steff is a big player for us and tbh while I felt criticism of him was justified earlier in the season (which was basically a consequence of having little to no preseason) in recent weeks I’ve seen a bit more energy and as we all know, class is permanent so unless injured, he’d always be in my side.

Dunne impressed too, he’s no slouch even though he looks like he should be, kept up well when some tried to outpace him. Thought Wallace was worth a mention as well as a couple of decent tackles and just coming back from injury which isn’t easy.

In that system, Austin does worry me though.
MOTM on 11:05 - Nov 25 with 3898 viewsParkRoyalR

MOTM on 10:35 - Nov 25 by PhilmyRs

Agree with all this. I think Steff is a big player for us and tbh while I felt criticism of him was justified earlier in the season (which was basically a consequence of having little to no preseason) in recent weeks I’ve seen a bit more energy and as we all know, class is permanent so unless injured, he’d always be in my side.

Dunne impressed too, he’s no slouch even though he looks like he should be, kept up well when some tried to outpace him. Thought Wallace was worth a mention as well as a couple of decent tackles and just coming back from injury which isn’t easy.

In that system, Austin does worry me though.

MOTM

1) SJ - absolutely superb, from sublime pass for Chair open goal to crunching tackles

2) Dunne - much needed mobile physical presence, wins wrestle first and then the ball

3) Willock - match winning assist, back to best in recent games after recent bereavement

4) The team - all did their jobs, great to see such team spirit and goodwill towards Amos

5) Austin - a real worry, lack of mobility allows teams to walk through our 1st line of defence, lack of fitness obvious as could barely muster a trot after the hour, his superb movement in the box will always see him make space for 1 or 2 goal scoring chances per
game but his lack of sharpness means he's now snatching his shots as with two very good chances last night, Dykes return is crucial to how we play as would be recalling Bonne as his No 2 (not 3 or 4) to get behind and stretch teams late in the game.
MOTM on 11:09 - Nov 25 with 3880 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Steff followed by Dunne for me. With a whole host of players just behind notably Barbet, Seny and Wallace. Not to mention Chair, Willock, Dozzel and Dickie (who was almost playing two positions most of the match). Then there’s Amos the match winner!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

MOTM on 11:15 - Nov 25 with 3845 viewsParkRoyalR

MOTM on 11:09 - Nov 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

Steff followed by Dunne for me. With a whole host of players just behind notably Barbet, Seny and Wallace. Not to mention Chair, Willock, Dozzel and Dickie (who was almost playing two positions most of the match). Then there’s Amos the match winner!

Surely Albert makes your 11!
MOTM on 11:22 - Nov 25 with 3820 viewsLongsufferingR

MOTM on 10:20 - Nov 25 by DWQPR

Some of the football last night was a real pleasure to watch and the combinations between Wallace, Chair and Willock were unstoppable at times. No coincidence that we look better with Wallace back and he really does bring a different dimension when we are attacking and very unlucky not to get on the scoresheet a couple of times. Dozzell is starting to make that central midfield role his own, always looking for a pass and never hides and it really is great to know that we have four very good players in Johansen, Dozzell, Field and Amos to rotate those positions to keep each other fresher and to maintain the quality. And cannot forget Dom Ball either who isn't that shabby.

Dunne is becoming a bit of a monster in the central three with Dickie and Barbet providing the more culture and that's not saying that Dunne isn't poor on the ball. I really like this team, sure they are going to make you pull your hair out at times but as a team going forward they are as good as anyone else in this division and certainly a fair few in the PL from what I've seen this season.

Yes indeed. You would never know that Wallace had been out for so long. Two wins and two clean sheets since his return, and anybody who wants to buy Chair would be well advised to offer for him and Wallace as a package.

Or just to fk off and let them stay here!
Login to get fewer ads

MOTM on 11:28 - Nov 25 with 3801 viewsdmm

I'd give MotM to Johansen, and I absolutely love that pinpoint outside of the foot crossfield pass. Almost Taraabt like.

Johansen's influence on the team is always important, even when he's not playing well. Watch him closely and you'll see him directing play like an orchestral conductor.
MOTM on 11:30 - Nov 25 with 3788 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chair & Willock, jointly, for me. They have an uncanny understanding together and keep teams honest at the back. IMO Chair covers more ground on the pitch than any other player, both teams included, and has deceptive pace. He battles everything and never lets his lack of inches deter him in aerial battles. It was a real team effort last night and any consequences from individual errors were cancelled out by the coverage from team mates. It was one of the best all round, 90 minute, performances last night.
We are also only 18 points from safety now, and it's not even December.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 13:10]

The grass is always greener.

MOTM on 11:31 - Nov 25 with 3782 viewsBklynRanger

MOTM on 10:08 - Nov 25 by Maggsinho

Definitely Stef last night, thought he was back to his best of last season, especially his passing.

I liked this stat:

That graphic and the stat are a bit of a melon twister for me Maggs to be honest - looks like 3 corners, a ball out to Albert (I think) - surprised they're including those. Hasn't he done that sort of thing in a load of matches across his career?

Same for that short dink to whomever further back (One of Dickie's efforts maybe?)

The through ball on the edge is an obvious and deserved one.
MOTM on 12:42 - Nov 25 with 3644 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

MOTM on 11:15 - Nov 25 by ParkRoyalR

Surely Albert makes your 11!

MOTM on 12:56 - Nov 25 with 3564 viewsNorthernr

Stef for me, much more like it, but there were four or five candidates. Played really well, we're so good to watch when we're like that. Shame the crowd was so lifeless for so much of it really.
MOTM on 13:12 - Nov 25 with 3519 viewsAntti_Heinola

MOTM on 10:33 - Nov 25 by Hunterhoop

Definitely his best game for a long time, but I’d have gone with Dunne or Wallace. Outstanding games. Clean sheet. Won everything in the air and mopped up well. Wallace brings so much more balance and organisation. Been back 2 games and we’ve kept two clean sheets! Barbet is also in great form.

Johansen had an excellent second half (he seems to improve in second halves, btw, presumably as players tire and space opens up). But in the first half, I thought Dozzell was the one running the show.

It’s also worth pointing out that Huddersfield matched our shape of 3421 to my eye, with only 2 central midfielders, one of whole was a youth teamer, with their best midfielder is out injured. So we weren’t outnumbered 2 to 3, as usual, and they lacked experience.

As I said from the outset, when up against a 3 man midfield, when we go with 2 in the middle and one is Johansen I don’t think we always have the legs to stop them carving through us and running at the back 3. We’re also more exposed to the counter. That doesn’t mean drop Johansen; we could change our shape accordingly. Now we have Field and Amos back, on top of Johansen, Dozzell, and Ball we have lots of options.

But all in all, very encouraging Johansen had his best game in months, probably this season. And it’s no surprise we played well as a result. On the ball he’s class still.

I thought he was great first half - i reckon there were minimum half a dozen incredible passes that almost no one in this leagiue would spot, let alone attempt, let alone nail. The bets I've seen him play this season for sure.

I have it on good authority he pinned your critcism of him earlie rthis week to the dressoing room wall, so we also owe you a bit of thanks here Hunter ;)

Bare bones.

MOTM on 13:24 - Nov 25 with 3470 viewsT_Block

I thought they were all very good.That was some performance for whole ninety + minutes.
MOTM on 13:25 - Nov 25 with 3464 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

MOTM on 12:56 - Nov 25 by Northernr

Stef for me, much more like it, but there were four or five candidates. Played really well, we're so good to watch when we're like that. Shame the crowd was so lifeless for so much of it really.

Yeh it was a funny atmosphere first half, everybody very subdued. Who knows why! Much better second half though I thought. Not raucous by a long stretch. Joyful!

MOTM on 13:37 - Nov 25 with 3405 viewsbosh67

There is definitely a Jedi and Padawan thing going on between Johansen and Dozzell. It's amazing to see how rapidly Dozzell is developing when he plays alongside Johansen.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

MOTM on 14:02 - Nov 25 with 3302 viewsHunterhoop

MOTM on 13:12 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

I thought he was great first half - i reckon there were minimum half a dozen incredible passes that almost no one in this leagiue would spot, let alone attempt, let alone nail. The bets I've seen him play this season for sure.

I have it on good authority he pinned your critcism of him earlie rthis week to the dressoing room wall, so we also owe you a bit of thanks here Hunter ;)

Haha. I doubt he cares tuppence what I think; not should he. But it was hardly criticism. He’s not as young as he once was. Fulham let him go because they thought his legs were gone. It’s 12 months since then (almost). It’s to be expected that he’ll become slower and able to cover less ground. The point I was raising was about how you fit him in with the system we play against 3 man midfields. You can change shape, and having that plan B isn’t a bad thing. Or job partner him with someone who is very positionally aware and responsible. The only play that fits that bill IMO is Field. Ball covers lots of ground but does get beaten and finds himself the wrong side of their midfield a lot.

Good problems to have though. Midfield looks a lot stronger with Amos and Field back in the mix.

On a separate note, the more I think about it, the more impressed I am with Wallace and Adomah as wing backs. Both are a huge improvement on Odubajo. And whilst McCullum has potential, Wallace looks a cut above at both ends of the pitch in these last two games.
MOTM on 14:12 - Nov 25 with 3266 viewsdanehoop

I think Albert has really started to grow into the wingback role that has been asked of him. Took a little while to adapt, but really adds better balance and threat, doesn't duck challenges either, which must confess I was concerned might be the case when he first was asked to play the role.

Its a nice balanced side overall, probably still that little bit too open and we ride our luck a little more than we should, but I guess when you have the confidence to know that most of your players can (and probably will) score at some point, it works.

Never knowingly understood

MOTM on 14:13 - Nov 25 with 3265 viewsAntti_Heinola

MOTM on 14:02 - Nov 25 by Hunterhoop

Haha. I doubt he cares tuppence what I think; not should he. But it was hardly criticism. He’s not as young as he once was. Fulham let him go because they thought his legs were gone. It’s 12 months since then (almost). It’s to be expected that he’ll become slower and able to cover less ground. The point I was raising was about how you fit him in with the system we play against 3 man midfields. You can change shape, and having that plan B isn’t a bad thing. Or job partner him with someone who is very positionally aware and responsible. The only play that fits that bill IMO is Field. Ball covers lots of ground but does get beaten and finds himself the wrong side of their midfield a lot.

Good problems to have though. Midfield looks a lot stronger with Amos and Field back in the mix.

On a separate note, the more I think about it, the more impressed I am with Wallace and Adomah as wing backs. Both are a huge improvement on Odubajo. And whilst McCullum has potential, Wallace looks a cut above at both ends of the pitch in these last two games.

Oh he cares mate.
He was seething.

but seriously (not that the above isn't serious. He wants to see you by the bike sheds after school), I understood your point. Agreed to a degree. Totally agree it's lovely having Field and Amos back!

Bare bones.

MOTM on 16:30 - Nov 25 with 3114 viewsPinnerPaul

MOTM on 11:05 - Nov 25 by ParkRoyalR

MOTM

1) SJ - absolutely superb, from sublime pass for Chair open goal to crunching tackles

2) Dunne - much needed mobile physical presence, wins wrestle first and then the ball

3) Willock - match winning assist, back to best in recent games after recent bereavement

4) The team - all did their jobs, great to see such team spirit and goodwill towards Amos

5) Austin - a real worry, lack of mobility allows teams to walk through our 1st line of defence, lack of fitness obvious as could barely muster a trot after the hour, his superb movement in the box will always see him make space for 1 or 2 goal scoring chances per
game but his lack of sharpness means he's now snatching his shots as with two very good chances last night, Dykes return is crucial to how we play as would be recalling Bonne as his No 2 (not 3 or 4) to get behind and stretch teams late in the game.

Thought Charlie's 2nd half chance was a superb save by the keeper tbf.

Chair had an easier chance that he didn't even get on target.
MOTM on 16:57 - Nov 25 with 3050 viewsParkRoyalR

MOTM on 16:30 - Nov 25 by PinnerPaul

Thought Charlie's 2nd half chance was a superb save by the keeper tbf.

Chair had an easier chance that he didn't even get on target.

Thought it was very Connor like, straight at the keeper at a nice height,

On watching highlights think our best chance was Charlie's in the 1st Half,

12 yards out, almost 2/3rds of the goal to aim at and he mis-kicks and misses the target,

If that was Dykes or Bonne, they'd be getting some grief.
MOTM on 17:02 - Nov 25 with 3020 viewsPinnerPaul

MOTM on 16:57 - Nov 25 by ParkRoyalR

Thought it was very Connor like, straight at the keeper at a nice height,

On watching highlights think our best chance was Charlie's in the 1st Half,

12 yards out, almost 2/3rds of the goal to aim at and he mis-kicks and misses the target,

If that was Dykes or Bonne, they'd be getting some grief.

Fair points, but your last sentence applies to Chair's chance surely?
MOTM on 17:29 - Nov 25 with 2938 viewskensalriser

Chair had two chances you'd normally back him to bury. It happens.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

MOTM on 17:33 - Nov 25 with 2924 viewsPinnerPaul

MOTM on 17:29 - Nov 25 by kensalriser

Chair had two chances you'd normally back him to bury. It happens.

Totally agree, but we don't get so many post criticising when it does!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024