Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fair play to Derby fans 12:14 - Nov 25 with 3774 viewsloftboy

One of the clubs debtors is the St Johns Ambulance, they are owed about 8K, one of the Derby fans set up a just giving page and within hours that raised enough to cover the debt plus a few grand on top.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Fair play to Derby fans on 12:54 - Nov 25 with 3540 viewslightwaterhoop

Hope Wayne Rooney chipped in.
Fair play to Derby fans on 13:07 - Nov 25 with 3476 viewscolinallcars

It's a shame the sins of the owners are visited on the fans, to misquote the bible.
Derby are making a fair old effort to make good the points deduction. I hope for their fans' sake they make it.
Fair play to Derby fans on 13:24 - Nov 25 with 3415 viewsTGRRRSSS

Brilliant from their fans, hope some of their players do something.

UNlikely though...
Fair play to Derby fans on 14:12 - Nov 25 with 3248 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fair play to Derby fans on 13:07 - Nov 25 by colinallcars

It's a shame the sins of the owners are visited on the fans, to misquote the bible.
Derby are making a fair old effort to make good the points deduction. I hope for their fans' sake they make it.

This 100 x
Fair play to Derby fans on 16:01 - Nov 25 with 3070 viewsNW5Hoop

Fair play to Derby fans on 12:54 - Nov 25 by lightwaterhoop

No lover of Rooney, but pretty sure he was quietly paying staff wages earlier this autumn, so I don't think he's the villain of the piece.
Fair play to Derby fans on 17:12 - Nov 26 with 2666 viewsTGRRRSSS

Fair play to him if soo, assume this is probably more "normal" staff on modest wages who really need it.

I guess it would be as I doubt he could fund the players squad and their salaries...

Fair play to Derby fans on 17:16 - Nov 26 with 2662 viewsbosh67

Fair play to Derby fans on 12:54 - Nov 25 by lightwaterhoop

As I understand it Rooney has chipped in all over the place. He deserves a huge amount of credit for not abandoning ship there. I just hope their continued miracle escape gets back on track after we have been and beaten them and that we don't do what we usually do. But to be fair to Rooney and the fans they have dug in and they are going to possibly be the most dangerous opponents we have faced this season, because they are playing without any fear at all now and they are, despite where they are, one of the current form teams.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fair play to Derby fans on 17:32 - Nov 26 with 2609 viewsMick_S

Fair play to Derby fans on 17:16 - Nov 26 by bosh67

As I understand it Rooney has chipped in all over the place. He deserves a huge amount of credit for not abandoning ship there. I just hope their continued miracle escape gets back on track after we have been and beaten them and that we don't do what we usually do. But to be fair to Rooney and the fans they have dug in and they are going to possibly be the most dangerous opponents we have faced this season, because they are playing without any fear at all now and they are, despite where they are, one of the current form teams.

Yeah, it’s a really interesting fixture for us, bosh. If we can get a win there, I’d say it’s really on. No big deal if we don’t, but they are really fighting; fair play to them.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Fair play to Derby fans on 19:00 - Nov 26 with 2495 viewsterryb

Fair play to Derby fans on 17:16 - Nov 26 by bosh67

I have never been a fan of Wayne Rooney, but he has risen considerably in my estimation.

Not only has he stayed with them last summer & following the administration, he has shown that he has coaching/managerial ability.

The staff & current playing squad have been a credit to themslves after Morris dropped tham all in the mire.

Monday will be a very difficult game.
Fair play to Derby fans on 19:10 - Nov 26 with 2473 viewskensalriser

Lost the same number of games as we have but only won four times. That's really looking like a draw.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fair play to Derby fans on 20:00 - Nov 26 with 2399 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Fair play to Derby fans on 19:00 - Nov 26 by terryb

I have never been a fan of Wayne Rooney, but he has risen considerably in my estimation.

Not only has he stayed with them last summer & following the administration, he has shown that he has coaching/managerial ability.

The staff & current playing squad have been a credit to themslves after Morris dropped tham all in the mire.

Monday will be a very difficult game.

Is hair island still pulling the strings there? God I hope we wipe that grin off his face on Monday!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Fair play to Derby fans on 20:07 - Nov 26 with 2366 viewsthemodfather

it should never come down to any manager to pay bills or debts for thier club, then again Olly had to do it as club bank cards were denied, i think en roite to grimsby away years back.also fans shouldn't have to clear debts either. i feel sure all derby board room staff got their money all right!
as for rooney, even if he cured cancer, won a peace prize and saved humanity, i would still dislike him.
Fair play to Derby fans on 20:35 - Nov 26 with 2311 viewslightwaterhoop

Fair play to Derby fans on 16:01 - Nov 25 by NW5Hoop

No lover of Rooney, but pretty sure he was quietly paying staff wages earlier this autumn, so I don't think he's the villain of the piece.

I was'nt digging out Wayne Rooney i was just making a bit of a clumsy comparison between the wealth of the average football fan and top players.Derby fans have all my sympathy they came so close to the premier league losing two play off finals and two semi finals and i agree with other posters that Rooney has done a great job with a lot of integrity.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 20:39]
Fair play to Derby fans on 20:52 - Nov 26 with 2276 viewsgolborne

4th best defence in the league I believe and I probably could only name Curtis Davis.
I actually never, and still don’t get the Rooney hatred. Acted like a tosser to his wife, but footballing wise he only ever got on with it on the pitch, no diving, no aggression towards refs etc which is saying something given he played most of his football at Man U, who have it in their dna. On the pitch I always saw him as the model pro. And off the pitch, bar family misdemeanours, he’s always been gentle in interviews with absolutely no billy big bollocks attitude, even when he looked like the best player in the country.
Fair play to Derby fans on 21:28 - Nov 26 with 2235 viewsMalintabuk

Totally agree with the majority here a 21 point deduction and they could conceivably get out of it
QPR must be one of the success stories this season, but what the players and management have done their is not short of miraculous
I'm starting to hope they do get away with this and certainly starting to respect Rooney as a manager ..... Good luck to them in December but for the rest of the month I want them to fail miserably
Fair play to Derby fans on 12:21 - Nov 27 with 1912 viewsfrancisbowles

Fair play to Derby fans on 20:52 - Nov 26 by golborne

4th best defence in the league I believe and I probably could only name Curtis Davis.
I actually never, and still don’t get the Rooney hatred. Acted like a tosser to his wife, but footballing wise he only ever got on with it on the pitch, no diving, no aggression towards refs etc which is saying something given he played most of his football at Man U, who have it in their dna. On the pitch I always saw him as the model pro. And off the pitch, bar family misdemeanours, he’s always been gentle in interviews with absolutely no billy big bollocks attitude, even when he looked like the best player in the country.

Some good points but 'no aggression towards refs' is stretching it a bit.

He was constantly in refs ears trying to run the game for them.
Fair play to Derby fans on 14:00 - Nov 27 with 1792 viewsSuperhoop83

No issues with Rooney, but the bile directed his way is due to the fawning media. Same with Frank Lampard who, despite playing for that club, was a superb footballer.

Amazingly, as I've never cared for them, I kind of hope they do survive for the sake of their fans. However, Monday is a different story.

Suffering since 1978.

Fair play to Derby fans on 16:26 - Nov 27 with 1664 viewsMrSheen

Fair play to Derby fans on 20:52 - Nov 26 by golborne

Jagielka there too?

+1 on the Rooney comments, while there are always partisans (and advertisers/agents) talking up players like Rooney and Lampard up, there are more on the other side happy to pin the blame on them for things they haven’t done - denying the nation the World Cup, destroying the mythical ethos of the game, Civil War in Sudan etc. In the middle is someone who plays loads of games, scores lots of goals, wins more often than he loses, doesn’t conspicuously cheat, sulk or complain. I was pleased to see him enjoying himself in America, in a team that weren’t particularly good or expected to achieve, where he was not well known outside of the ground. Great video of him chasing back in the last minute as last man at a corner where the goalkeeper has joined the attack, tackling the break away on the halfway line, then whacking in a cross for the equaliser. Bonus points for stumbling off a plane wrecked, getting arrested going the wrong way through a security gate and replying to the arresting officer in “broken English”. Old skool footballer!
Fair play to Derby fans on 20:18 - Nov 27 with 1465 viewsderbyhoop

They have made a surprisingly good fist of this season ,considering they have had 21 points deducted. Without those, they would be 19th.
They've only conceded 18 league goals and, in Davies and Jagielka, they must have one of the oldest defences in the country.
However, they've only scored 16.

I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but they are giving it a go.
Monday will be tough and I could easily see us losing 1-0

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024