Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter Bleksley 22:11 - Nov 25 with 12728 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fan shaming

[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 22:15]
Peter Bleksley on 22:21 - Nov 25 with 6171 viewspaulhoop2

Who ???

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Peter Bleksley on 22:35 - Nov 25 with 6098 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Peter Bleksley on 22:21 - Nov 25 by paulhoop2

Who ???

Ex undercover copper and reality TV C lister
Peter Bleksley on 22:39 - Nov 25 with 6050 viewsstevec

I thought this was going to be about incompetent policing of fans at LR.
Peter Bleksley on 23:04 - Nov 25 with 5963 viewscolinallcars

He sounds a bit like that great master of the English language, Danny Dyer.

I'll tell my ST holding friends who live in Chelmsford, Nuneaton, Camberley and Guildford that they should be ashamed at not getting to every midweek game.
Peter Bleksley on 23:05 - Nov 25 with 5961 viewsstowmarketrange

They’ll all be full come the business end of the season.
Peter Bleksley on 05:11 - Nov 26 with 5745 viewsnix

He's that 'tell it like it is', 'shoot from the hip' bloke that moaned about everything and hankered after the good old days when he went on the podcast, isn't he?

I'd discount pretty much everything he says.

We had an amazing turnout the previous Friday for Luton, even though it was on Sky. We're not Man U but I think the fans have been brilliant this season overall, turning out in big numbers for away games, not getting on the team's back when we're losing, and some excellent singing at times that I think really pulled the team through sometimes. Only having lost one game at home and coming back from losing positions several times tells its own story.

He can bog off.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 7:51]
Peter Bleksley on 07:33 - Nov 26 with 5597 viewsShadow

There's a reason why I've had him blocked on Twitter for a while.

A self indulged wally.
Peter Bleksley on 07:46 - Nov 26 with 5565 viewstraininvain

His lack of self awareness is the real embarrassment. Maybe people can’t afford to go due to the impact of Covid, Christmas coming up etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Peter Bleksley on 07:51 - Nov 26 with 5555 viewsRs_Holy

Peter Bleksley on 05:11 - Nov 26 by nix

He's that 'tell it like it is', 'shoot from the hip' bloke that moaned about everything and hankered after the good old days when he went on the podcast, isn't he?

I'd discount pretty much everything he says.

We had an amazing turnout the previous Friday for Luton, even though it was on Sky. We're not Man U but I think the fans have been brilliant this season overall, turning out in big numbers for away games, not getting on the team's back when we're losing, and some excellent singing at times that I think really pulled the team through sometimes. Only having lost one game at home and coming back from losing positions several times tells its own story.

He can bog off.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 7:51]

totally agree Nix! I thought he was alright on the Podcast and liked his honesty but he didn't seem to rate Warburton back then and I can see how he puts peoples noses out of joint.
As far as the attendance goes when you've got 2 games in close succession a lot of people will not be able to justify going to to both, so they will pick and choose the most attractive fixture. QPR v Luton was always going to win over Huddersfield.
Peter Bleksley on 07:57 - Nov 26 with 5530 viewsnix

Peter Bleksley on 07:51 - Nov 26 by Rs_Holy

totally agree Nix! I thought he was alright on the Podcast and liked his honesty but he didn't seem to rate Warburton back then and I can see how he puts peoples noses out of joint.
As far as the attendance goes when you've got 2 games in close succession a lot of people will not be able to justify going to to both, so they will pick and choose the most attractive fixture. QPR v Luton was always going to win over Huddersfield.

He really got on my nerves Rs Holy, as you might have noticed! I'm not a big fan of the controversialists, reminds me of Richard Littlejohn or Rod Liddle. However, horses for courses, I try and see we need a range of views to keep it interesting!

I couldn't go cos I was away, my son couldn't go because he was unwell, my husband couldn't go because he doesn't finish work in time to get there. We're all season ticket holders in SAR, sometimes things just get in the way, and that's just one family.

And as you say, people can't necessarily afford to go to all the games.
Peter Bleksley on 09:12 - Nov 26 with 5323 viewsParkRoyalR

If anyone here sits nearby perhaps they could have a quiet word about attention seeking and promoting himself at the expense of other fans.

Maybe in the vein of Alan McDonalds post-match interview after NI drawing with England to get to the World Cup, so he gets the message - STFU!
Peter Bleksley on 09:32 - Nov 26 with 5245 viewsBklynRanger

Sounds like he brings his own auto-cue to matches.

Can't fault that kind of commitment - those things are pretty cumbersome and must be a faff to set up.
Peter Bleksley on 09:48 - Nov 26 with 5183 viewsJames_Paddocks

Good to see he's been suitably rinsed in the comments.

Seeing as he's such a mega fan, I wonder if we'll see him at Derby and Sheff Utd?
Peter Bleksley on 09:53 - Nov 26 with 5142 viewsPhildo

its been a thing for years that midweek attendances are lower as a lot of the fanbase have moved out as the area has become more expensive, work is harder to juggle and sky moving the games makes it hard to plan ahead with any certainty
Peter Bleksley (n/t) on 09:59 - Nov 26 with 5110 viewsjoe90

[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 10:55]
Peter Bleksley on 09:59 - Nov 26 with 5106 viewsShadow

Peter Bleksley on 09:48 - Nov 26 by James_Paddocks

Good to see he's been suitably rinsed in the comments.

Seeing as he's such a mega fan, I wonder if we'll see him at Derby and Sheff Utd?

I think he gores to almost every match but that probably shows that he hasn't developed any other interests in life other than QPR.
Peter Bleksley on 10:01 - Nov 26 with 5104 viewsIrish_Hoop

Peter Bleksley on 23:04 - Nov 25 by colinallcars

He sounds a bit like that great master of the English language, Danny Dyer.

I'll tell my ST holding friends who live in Chelmsford, Nuneaton, Camberley and Guildford that they should be ashamed at not getting to every midweek game.

Don't forget the small band of overseas season ticket holders who also "embarrassed" ourselves this week.
Peter Bleksley on 10:25 - Nov 26 with 5002 viewsAntti_Heinola

Awful on the pod, and the only embarrassing thing here is his commentary.

I'd like to see bigger crowds too, but it doesn't embarrass me - people have lots of reasons to not be able to attend. It feels like every game we play these days is an evening match at LR, and veen I'm a bit fed up with it and I love floodlit games and I adore this team.

Bare bones.

Peter Bleksley on 10:40 - Nov 26 with 4950 viewsRs_Holy

Peter Bleksley on 10:25 - Nov 26 by Antti_Heinola

Awful on the pod, and the only embarrassing thing here is his commentary.

I'd like to see bigger crowds too, but it doesn't embarrass me - people have lots of reasons to not be able to attend. It feels like every game we play these days is an evening match at LR, and veen I'm a bit fed up with it and I love floodlit games and I adore this team.

yep... got tickets for the Swansea match quite simply because its a Saturday 3 o'clock game
Peter Bleksley on 10:41 - Nov 26 with 4948 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pretty sure I saw him grassing someone up for standing at Hull too by the way.
Peter Bleksley on 10:41 - Nov 26 with 4945 viewsdaveB

I don't think what he's done here is particularly fair although I was quite surprised by just how many empty seats we had, expect it in lower loft due to kids not coming but SA Road was like a cup game.

He's wrong to call people out but some of the abuse he's got on twitter over it is equally ridiculous. Being called a nonce by one bloke and weird pictures of him being made up in photoshop. No need really
Peter Bleksley on 10:51 - Nov 26 with 4902 viewstoboboly

Peter Bleksley on 10:41 - Nov 26 by daveB

I don't think what he's done here is particularly fair although I was quite surprised by just how many empty seats we had, expect it in lower loft due to kids not coming but SA Road was like a cup game.

He's wrong to call people out but some of the abuse he's got on twitter over it is equally ridiculous. Being called a nonce by one bloke and weird pictures of him being made up in photoshop. No need really

Presumably that is Bazza, he seems to be a little eccentric.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Peter Bleksley on 11:09 - Nov 26 with 4806 viewsslmrstid

This is similar to the sort of dick swinging posturing that gets seen on Facebook on groups like "Football Away Days" where people put up pictures of away fans at grounds and they attract comments like "s**t support" and the like.

In this climate, with the cost and time commitments involved, anyone going to football matches deserves credit. Never like seeing the "I'm a better fan than you" type stuff, which this effectively is.
Peter Bleksley on 11:34 - Nov 26 with 4737 viewsNW5Hoop

"I'm embarrassed" is a peculiar way to phrase it. But I was watching on TV (got Covid) and I was really surprised how many empty seats there were. As Clive regularly points out: attractive team playing good football and winning games, but still the crowds aren't coming …
Peter Bleksley on 11:43 - Nov 26 with 4502 viewsNorthernr

Peter Bleksley on 11:34 - Nov 26 by NW5Hoop

"I'm embarrassed" is a peculiar way to phrase it. But I was watching on TV (got Covid) and I was really surprised how many empty seats there were. As Clive regularly points out: attractive team playing good football and winning games, but still the crowds aren't coming …

Well they are I guess - certainly the away support has been incredible this year and the crowds were bigger than I expected for the Fridays against Forest and Luton.

That sort of game against a team from a long way away that's not going to bring many, midweek, cold, coming up on Christmas etc have always had a low crowd but I was a bit surprised how empty, and quiet, it was the other night though given how well the team played and how high it is in the league. Felt a bit sorry for the team playing like that in a morgue-like atmosphere in the first half.

Our fixtures are a joke at the moment though which won't help. I remember when I lived out of town and had a different job what a nightmare midweekers were. You've got to be careful when you start using words like embarrassing and calling fans out. I'm sure lots of QPR fans would love to be coming to more games at the moment, if only any of them were left on a Saturday for them to do so.

My niggle with this comes when there's a big game with limited tickets and suddenly everybody demands one and those who have been going to every game and have the loyalty points get barbs about "same old faces" - but then I would say that wouldn't I?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024