Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De Wijs out until New Year... 19:45 - Nov 26 with 3408 viewsMyke

...According to WLS. We really need to look at reinforcements in the window. We are one more injury or a suspension away from a defensive crisis.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 19:48 - Nov 26 with 2501 viewsaston_hoop

Thats a blow, suppose Kakay and maybe Ball are going to have to fill in at some point. I saw Joe Gubbins is off to play a month in the National League at Aldershot, not sure if he is close to being ready yet but good luck to him there

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

De Wijs out until New Year... on 19:50 - Nov 26 with 2490 viewsNorthernr

Remember how much budget was committed in the summer though. “Crisis” or no crisis, the money probably isn’t there.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 19:52 - Nov 26 with 2483 viewsdaveB

Got Kakay who can play centre half or Ball or Field. Could go to a back 4 as well.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 20:04 - Nov 26 with 2421 viewsterryb

De Wijs out until New Year... on 19:52 - Nov 26 by daveB

Got Kakay who can play centre half or Ball or Field. Could go to a back 4 as well.

I don't think a back four is an option as we don't have the full backs to play in one.

It would be like Harold starting the season with a back three, signing players for that system & then abandoning it after two games!
De Wijs out until New Year... on 20:10 - Nov 26 with 2408 viewsQPRSteve

There was a piece bt WLS recently where they quoted Warbs as saying the club may look to bring in reinforcements in January if possible.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 20:16 - Nov 26 with 2389 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Is Kakay off to the Afcon in the new year too? I guess Wallace could cover at the back too and move Willock to wing-back again. We have a few options, none ideal but options.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

De Wijs out until New Year... on 20:23 - Nov 26 with 2366 viewsMyke

De Wijs out until New Year... on 19:50 - Nov 26 by Northernr

Remember how much budget was committed in the summer though. “Crisis” or no crisis, the money probably isn’t there.

It would have to be loan deals, or recalling Masterson perhaps?
De Wijs out until New Year... on 20:44 - Nov 26 with 2305 viewsstevec

Getting short on numbers but Dunne’s the man now.
Login to get fewer ads

De Wijs out until New Year... on 20:57 - Nov 26 with 2262 viewsgolborne

Did he fall off the bench the other night?
I don’t think I saw him warm up once in either match

Four is not an option as proved disastrously at Fulham and Blackpool.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 21:16 - Nov 26 with 2197 viewsDWQPR

Only five weeks to the new year so not too much of an issue.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

De Wijs out until New Year... on 21:25 - Nov 26 with 2172 viewsToast_R

He gets injured a lot eh?
Mirror opposite of Barbs
De Wijs out until New Year... on 21:35 - Nov 26 with 2151 viewsdmm

Masterson's loan at Cambridge finishes on 3rd January.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 21:39 - Nov 26 with 2142 viewssilky

Should be back up to Dunne IMO now.

Injured a lot of the time which is unreliable and unsettling to the defence which has been solid of late.

Shame really as on his day is an excellent centre half.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

De Wijs out until New Year... on 22:04 - Nov 26 with 2077 viewsToast_R

Pulled a Joel Lynch move...
De Wijs out until New Year... on 22:52 - Nov 26 with 1993 viewsdaveB

De Wijs out until New Year... on 20:04 - Nov 26 by terryb

I don't think a back four is an option as we don't have the full backs to play in one.

It would be like Harold starting the season with a back three, signing players for that system & then abandoning it after two games!

it's not an ideal option but could be done with Kakay and either Barbet or Wallace as left back. As others have said Masterson could come back if needed as well. If we make any moves in January personally think it will be a right wing back rather than a center half
De Wijs out until New Year... on 00:42 - Nov 27 with 1850 viewsHunterhoop

De Wijs out until New Year... on 20:57 - Nov 26 by golborne

Did he fall off the bench the other night?
I don’t think I saw him warm up once in either match

Four is not an option as proved disastrously at Fulham and Blackpool.

We didn’t play a 4 in either of those games. Fulham we had Dickie, De Wijs and Barbet with Odubajo and McCallum on the flanks. Dunne came on for the latter and Barbet went wing back. Dickie, Dunne, Barbet player against Blackpool.

4 is an option. We played it second half against Barnsley, I believe. Only time this season, I think.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 01:29 - Nov 27 with 1805 viewsBrianMcCarthy

De Wijs is injured?

Somewhere, someone, is listening to the twin sounds of Simmo opening a can and Simmo opening a can of whoop-ass.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

De Wijs out until New Year... on 02:40 - Nov 27 with 1751 viewsEmpireStateRanger

It seems that Masterson hasn’t done enough to be the CB Warbs and staff thought he’d become. A shame. This would be the perfect spot for him to step up.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 02:46 - Nov 27 with 1745 viewspaulhoop2

Probably why we are linked with Soutter of Hearts ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

De Wijs out until New Year... on 08:29 - Nov 27 with 1546 viewsBurtonni

Think Dom Ball needs to look towards becoming a centre back. Got the pace, physique and nastiness to become a good one IMHO.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 08:44 - Nov 27 with 1521 viewsbosh67

Good to know the Matthew Rose lounge will be fully staffed until then at least. We do have Ball, Field, Gubbins and get Masterson back if needed. All good.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

De Wijs out until New Year... on 09:38 - Nov 27 with 1443 viewsBrianMcCarthy

De Wijs out until New Year... on 08:29 - Nov 27 by Burtonni

Think Dom Ball needs to look towards becoming a centre back. Got the pace, physique and nastiness to become a good one IMHO.

Agreed, though I sometimes worry about his impulsiveness when tackling.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

De Wijs out until New Year... on 09:39 - Nov 27 with 1439 viewsMyke

De Wijs out until New Year... on 08:44 - Nov 27 by bosh67

Good to know the Matthew Rose lounge will be fully staffed until then at least. We do have Ball, Field, Gubbins and get Masterson back if needed. All good.

Gubbins has just gone out on loan for a month
De Wijs out until New Year... on 10:11 - Nov 27 with 1373 viewsgazza1

If we do sign a CB then he needs to be as good as the 4 we already have, no point in signing 'up & coming' players......we have cover, of sorts, at CB, just like we have all over the park. Well done to the Management for getting that squad together.

As for new signing in January......tough call indeed. Personally I would like another 'flair' midfielder in order that Chair/Willock can be rested or whatever. I, also, believe that we are short/limited forward wise.

In saying that I am sure MW has already made his mind up, whatever that is, and I trust him 100% on those decisions.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 10:26 - Nov 27 with 1321 viewsQPROslo

We need to bring in another qualified CB asap in January or before if there is someone good enough as cover out of contract. Masterson could be recalled. But I don't see Kakay, Ball, Field, Wallace or Dozzell being good enough to play there regularly, though Dozzell could perhaps be schooled into a good play-maker CB. Warburton has said we will be looking at where we need to strengthen January, so presumably we have some room in the Budget to bring in a back-up CB if Masterson isn't seen as good enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024