Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread 10:13 - Nov 29 with 35264 viewsnix

Having inadvertently trodden on Connell's toes by starting the Huddersfield thread while he was on a glorious one match winning run - apologies- I'm hoping to double my similar record, with a victory tonight.

May have a bit of a cup final vibe for them after more financial revelations, the Wembley gig which obviously still rankles, and their recent record with a draw against Fulham and beating Bournemouth, so it could be a tough match tonight.

Doubt it'll be high scoring: they're one of the lowest scoring (16) and lowest conceding (18) teams in the league.

0-1 the Rs with Dykes scoring off the bench.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 10:56 - Nov 29 with 7270 viewsMyke

Think our nippy offensive players will be too much for their 'experienced' (ancient) defenders - 2-0, Chair n Willock
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 11:01 - Nov 29 with 7236 viewsBoston

1 - 1

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 11:15 - Nov 29 with 7197 viewsRs_Holy

1-1
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 11:18 - Nov 29 with 7189 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Hmmm they are bottom what could possibly go wrong.

They'll probably screw us over but I'm going 3-1 Rangers.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 11:21 - Nov 29 with 7172 viewsconnell10

I forgive you , lol....2-1 Rangers hopefully.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 11:24 - Nov 29 with 7157 viewsHarbour

Think it will be a draw an unexpected 0-0 ending our goal a game run hope i am wrong and we stuff em 3-0
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 11:36 - Nov 29 with 7131 viewsLythamR

many things are in our favour, including the results going our way at the weekend

most of us know that strong portents of good fortune often mean the opposite where QPR are concerned

and yet this is a strange season I fancy a 2-2 draw which would be a decent result for us whilst keeping us grounded
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 12:19 - Nov 29 with 7002 viewsheadhoops

1-1 you just know either Ravel Morrison or Colin Kazeem couldnt hit a barn door Richards will score their one for the season.

Play a quicker pass in behind game and would fancy us against their aging centre halves.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 12:24 - Nov 29 with 6991 viewsTonto

what the great Bill Parcells would describe as a "trap game". Everyone expects you to win, but we all know games aren't that easy. if you think it will be easy, you end up losing. Parcells used to hang giant mouse traps all around the training facility of whichever team he was coaching at the time as a reminder through the week (OK the NFL don't do midweek games but the point is well made).

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 12:27 - Nov 29 with 6971 viewsMick_S

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 12:24 - Nov 29 by Tonto

what the great Bill Parcells would describe as a "trap game". Everyone expects you to win, but we all know games aren't that easy. if you think it will be easy, you end up losing. Parcells used to hang giant mouse traps all around the training facility of whichever team he was coaching at the time as a reminder through the week (OK the NFL don't do midweek games but the point is well made).

No way will this be easy. If we turn up and start with pace I think we can win this. 1-2 with Chair first scorer.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 12:29 - Nov 29 with 6963 viewskensalriser

Recent results notwithstanding, Derby would only be 19th without the points deductions. I do fancy a win here, but then we so often fail when there's a chance to make real progress. And Peterborough.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 12:43 - Nov 29 with 6903 viewsRs_Holy

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 12:29 - Nov 29 by kensalriser

Recent results notwithstanding, Derby would only be 19th without the points deductions. I do fancy a win here, but then we so often fail when there's a chance to make real progress. And Peterborough.

trouble is there last 2 results have been very good... they will fancy it this evening
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 13:01 - Nov 29 with 6830 viewsDavieQPR

10 of their 19 matches this season have ended as draws, so they seem to play safety first. Just hope Dykes or Gray is back to run at their 39 yr old Centre back.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 13:56]
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 13:40 - Nov 29 with 6692 viewsdmm

I've been thinking 1-1 for days and then let my heart rule my head and went 2-1 to us. Sorry.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 13:49 - Nov 29 with 6640 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 13:40 - Nov 29 by dmm

I've been thinking 1-1 for days and then let my heart rule my head and went 2-1 to us. Sorry.

I’ve done similar. Draw seems a likely outcome but I’ve gone for 1-0 to us.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 13:50 - Nov 29 with 6640 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Derby enjoy a draw and have a good home record. Going for our goal scoring record to finally end with a 0-0 which is probably a decent result all things considered.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 13:52 - Nov 29 with 6629 viewsDWQPR

Just been reading one of their message boards, one poster described as far more direct and physical than the likes of Bournemouth and Fulham and being a top six side with a bottom six style of play. Well I hope that for this particular poster we produce another Huddersfield style of performance with the end product this time. If we can get the early goal then I can see a three or four goal win. Their determination to fight against all odds can only take them so far and also bare in mind with January just around the corner a few of the players agents may just be having that word in their ears about not getting injured ahead of any move away from this particular disaster zone.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 13:52 - Nov 29 with 6629 viewsqueensparker

Any chance it might be called off? Bet it’s still brutally cold up there
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 13:56 - Nov 29 with 6594 viewscolinallcars

Here's to the team
Here's to the dream

2-0 to the Hoops
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 13:56 - Nov 29 with 6592 viewsPinnerPaul

Can't get away from Clive's prediction I'm afraid and obviously hope I'm wrong but 1-0 Derby for me.

Won't see/hear/get many updates as I'm (freezing) on the line of an U23s game tonight!

Hoping the result at FT - ours, not the U23s! - will warm me up!
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 14:16 - Nov 29 with 6520 viewsBklynRanger

I think 0-0. Decent away point with a good dollop of frustration over a chance or two wasted.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 14:21 - Nov 29 with 6502 viewsRs_Holy

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 13:52 - Nov 29 by queensparker

Any chance it might be called off? Bet it’s still brutally cold up there

No chance... unless the Beeb have got the weather forecast totally wrong.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 14:47 - Nov 29 with 6390 viewsBoston

There was a time when an away fixture at Derby, from the start of October until the end of the season anyway, was played on a surface more suitable to pig farming than football.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 14:51 - Nov 29 with 6368 viewsPinnerPaul

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 14:47 - Nov 29 by Boston

There was a time when an away fixture at Derby, from the start of October until the end of the season anyway, was played on a surface more suitable to pig farming than football.

Those were the days!

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 15:37 - Nov 29 with 6232 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A draw would do nicely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024