Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wallace 08:20 - Nov 30 with 3752 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warbs says that it's "hopefully" only a tightening of the hamstring.

Let's hope so, he's added so much since he returned.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wallace on 08:58 - Nov 30 with 3598 viewsbosh67

After a really tough start trying to get up to speed with the pace of the division he now makes it look so easy and his calmness settles the defence. His pace for a 34 year old is ridiculous. I can't think of a faster player at that kind of age.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wallace on 09:02 - Nov 30 with 3576 viewsfrancisbowles

Hope it's not too serious but Moses was efficient when he came on last night.
Wallace on 09:32 - Nov 30 with 3444 viewsOakR

Wallace on 09:02 - Nov 30 by francisbowles

Hope it's not too serious but Moses was efficient when he came on last night.

I thought Moses did well when he came on, but we are very different when Wallace is on.

Wallace goes much higher up the pitch, links really well with Chair and Willock, lovely one-twos then cross straight in etc. Some of that is just as he is left-footed, but he has a real understanding with Willock and Chair also and we work that overload as such a lot when he plays.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Wallace on 10:17 - Nov 30 with 3294 viewsRBlock

Always impressed with how Wallace can initially look out of position, but always gets back to make the challenge/block. That timing and reading of the game is quality at this level.
Wallace on 10:34 - Nov 30 with 3210 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wallace on 10:17 - Nov 30 by RBlock

Always impressed with how Wallace can initially look out of position, but always gets back to make the challenge/block. That timing and reading of the game is quality at this level.

I agree and it is amazing how he in the right position going forward as well. You can see what Warbs saw in him. Also, he is a leader and is always very vocal.
Wallace on 10:35 - Nov 30 with 3206 viewstoboboly

Wallace on 10:17 - Nov 30 by RBlock

I presume we have a one year extension ready to go?

What a difference from those first two seasons.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Wallace on 10:42 - Nov 30 with 3166 viewsMyke

Yes Brian, it's a worry as it's no coincidence our 'blip' coincided with his absence. I was concerned about him playing so much football straight after coming back, given his age and (recent) injury history. Stoke is probably a game we could manage without him, as long as he is not out long term.
In McCallum's case, has he gone back to his parent club or are we responsible for his rehab?
Wallace on 10:47 - Nov 30 with 3143 viewsLazyFan

Wallace on 10:35 - Nov 30 by toboboly

I presume we have a one year extension ready to go?

What a difference from those first two seasons.

I would be surprised if we resign him.
He's great when fit, the problem is he's not fit enough and misses way too many games.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Wallace on 10:55 - Nov 30 with 3110 viewsMaggsinho

Wallace on 10:42 - Nov 30 by Myke

Yes Brian, it's a worry as it's no coincidence our 'blip' coincided with his absence. I was concerned about him playing so much football straight after coming back, given his age and (recent) injury history. Stoke is probably a game we could manage without him, as long as he is not out long term.
In McCallum's case, has he gone back to his parent club or are we responsible for his rehab?

I think I read we were keeping him with us for his rehab.
Wallace on 11:04 - Nov 30 with 3048 viewsLongsufferingR

Wallace on 10:55 - Nov 30 by Maggsinho

I think I read we were keeping him with us for his rehab.

....but he said no, no, no
Wallace on 12:28 - Nov 30 with 2864 viewskensalriser

McCallum was in SAR along with his crutches at the Luton game, so I presume he’s still with us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wallace on 12:34 - Nov 30 with 2813 viewsqprd

odubajo makes me nervous.. he has a herky jerky, frenetic style about him and it always seems like hes a moment from losing the ball... i thought the same was the case ystd, though tbf, he is a right footed right back playing as a left back

i know this is harsh b/c we are absolutely flying but warburton needs to rly be careful about this

wallace played 90 mins in his first match... adomah is 34 and is playing 90 mins, running up and down the flanks... these guys need breaks... im happy to continue starting them every match, but we need to be giving them rests, or subbing them off where possible... id rather lose a few minutes of them playing here and there rather than lose them for a big chunk of time due to injury
Wallace on 12:40 - Nov 30 with 2795 viewsParkRoyalR

Wallace on 12:34 - Nov 30 by qprd

odubajo makes me nervous.. he has a herky jerky, frenetic style about him and it always seems like hes a moment from losing the ball... i thought the same was the case ystd, though tbf, he is a right footed right back playing as a left back

i know this is harsh b/c we are absolutely flying but warburton needs to rly be careful about this

wallace played 90 mins in his first match... adomah is 34 and is playing 90 mins, running up and down the flanks... these guys need breaks... im happy to continue starting them every match, but we need to be giving them rests, or subbing them off where possible... id rather lose a few minutes of them playing here and there rather than lose them for a big chunk of time due to injury

Odubajo was, I thought, excellent last night and really gave the team impetus.

Wallace, I thought, struggled on what seemed like a bigger pitch which does'nt suit his game as gave him too much space to cover and never looked like getting outside his man or getting a cross-in.

Odubajo's running kept Derby on the back foot as his pace really closed down that side of the pitch defensively and felt that was a fortunate change that forced Warburton's hand at a key moment in the game.
Wallace on 13:15 - Nov 30 with 2705 viewsterryb

Wallace on 12:40 - Nov 30 by ParkRoyalR

Odubajo was, I thought, excellent last night and really gave the team impetus.

Wallace, I thought, struggled on what seemed like a bigger pitch which does'nt suit his game as gave him too much space to cover and never looked like getting outside his man or getting a cross-in.

Odubajo's running kept Derby on the back foot as his pace really closed down that side of the pitch defensively and felt that was a fortunate change that forced Warburton's hand at a key moment in the game.

I also thought that Odubajo was better than Wallace last night & let's not forget how good he was at Cardiff playing left back.

I'm a lot more worried about him if he is playing on the right!
Wallace on 20:44 - Nov 30 with 2284 viewsLazyFan

Wallace on 13:15 - Nov 30 by terryb

I also thought that Odubajo was better than Wallace last night & let's not forget how good he was at Cardiff playing left back.

I agree. I think Wallace was tired and this explains the injury.

Odubajo played better for me on the day and also seems better at LB. I also agree that strangely on the right he seems somewhat reckless sometimes and can get himself into trouble.

There is a "character" about him, which I am not sure is good for his or the teams game. If he can control that temper, focus back on his game and not get drawn in, then he plays awesomely well.

I worry that's a big IF for Moses though :

zzzzzzzzzz

Wallace on 21:03 - Nov 30 with 2202 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Wallace on 21:17 - Nov 30 with 2124 viewsgolborne

I think Wallace would have been taken off once they went with the pacey winger down that side. If it’s tightness only, he should be fine by Sunday
Wallace on 21:19 - Nov 30 with 2110 viewsCiderwithRsie

It's a funny thing how team sports works.

Odubajo has a terrible run at RWB and has to be dropped. Uncle Albert steps into the breach, has his best run in the side. Odubajo gets back in the side as reserve LWB and suddenly looks decent.
Wallace on 11:05 - Dec 2 with 1652 viewsfrancisbowles

It's strange. He's right footed but keeps cutting in when playing rb and getting into trouble. Seems to do that far less when playing lb.
Wallace on 12:39 - Dec 2 with 1415 viewsdmm

Wallace on 11:05 - Dec 2 by francisbowles

It's strange. He's right footed but keeps cutting in when playing rb and getting into trouble. Seems to do that far less when playing lb.

Yep, I've noticed that too. I much prefer him on the left as he seems more disciplined there. I'm sure we've had another RB who was also better on the left. Who was that?
Wallace on 13:32 - Dec 2 with 1319 viewsTheChef

Wallace on 12:39 - Dec 2 by dmm

Yep, I've noticed that too. I much prefer him on the left as he seems more disciplined there. I'm sure we've had another RB who was also better on the left. Who was that?

Wasn't that Perch?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wallace on 13:38 - Dec 2 with 1291 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Thought Adomah was looking shattered by about 65-70 mins on Monday then won the ball to start the move for our winner, he really does give his all. Teams do seem to attack more down his wing now Wallace is back - expecting to see Moses at LWB on Sunday and make sure Wallace is available for the post Christmas run in.
Wallace on 14:44 - Dec 2 with 1187 viewsdmm

Wallace on 13:32 - Dec 2 by TheChef

Wasn't that Perch?

Yes, that's him. Looked like a different player at LB. Quite weird really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024