Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendrie 11:13 - Nov 30 with 6118 viewsfournil

Living in the North I have to get the majority of my Rangers fix via SKY. Got to say, Lee Hendrie is sooooo much better as a co-commentator than Goodman or Hinchcliffe or whoever else they regularly get in. Thought he called it really well last night and didn't find myself looking for something to throw at the telly in response to yet another ill informed comment or blatant anti-QPR tosh.
Hendrie on 11:20 - Nov 30 with 4832 viewsTheChef

Paddy Kenny disagrees.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hendrie on 11:22 - Nov 30 with 4818 viewsTheChef

Did Hendrie also say apparently Willock needs to add more to his game??

Hendrie on 11:24 - Nov 30 with 4805 viewsMrSheen

My son found the Sky B team on an ESPN feed to the US. Don Goodman, harping on about how lucky we were that Austin wan't given offside on the "controversial" first goal, even though he admitted that "technically" he wasn't, how neither Dickie, Dunne, nor Chair was fouled "enough" to be given a penalty, and how Derby were finishing strongly enough to get the win their "courage" deserved. I always liked him as a player, but he's deluded.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 11:25]
Hendrie on 11:26 - Nov 30 with 4795 viewsfournil

Hendrie on 11:20 - Nov 30 by TheChef

Paddy Kenny disagrees.

Ha! Admittedly he does have that monotonous Brummie tone - would still rather that than bloody Hinchcliffe.
Hendrie on 11:27 - Nov 30 with 4777 viewsTheChef

Hendrie on 11:26 - Nov 30 by fournil

Ha! Admittedly he does have that monotonous Brummie tone - would still rather that than bloody Hinchcliffe.

I don't know why they need co-commentators anyway. Back in the day, Moore, Motson etc. all managed fine commentating by themselves.

Jobs for the boys.

Hendrie on 11:29 - Nov 30 with 4758 viewsfournil

Hendrie on 11:24 - Nov 30 by MrSheen

My son found the Sky B team on an ESPN feed to the US. Don Goodman, harping on about how lucky we were that Austin wan't given offside on the "controversial" first goal, even though he admitted that "technically" he wasn't, how neither Dickie, Dunne, nor Chair was fouled "enough" to be given a penalty, and how Derby were finishing strongly enough to get the win their "courage" deserved. I always liked him as a player, but he's deluded.

Unbelievable - the TV would have been in serious danger if they had stuck Goodman on - what a load of b*llcks
Hendrie on 11:32 - Nov 30 with 4726 viewsnix

Has Goodman got any reason to dislike QPR? I know Hinchcliffe hates us because of stick our fans gave him as a player.

Anyway, I buy the London/Sints audio and synch it to the Sky pictures. It means you're about a minute behind the play in real time but as long as you turn off the alerts it works well and saves my TV from missiles being thrown at it. Also means I at least have the audio for away games that aren't televised.
Hendrie on 11:34 - Nov 30 with 4693 viewsbollockchops

with Hesgoal there was no commentary just the noise of the crowd, which lets you make your own mind up with whats going on on the field instead of having it made for you !

You could always turn the sound down and turn your music up
Login to get fewer ads

Hendrie on 11:43 - Nov 30 with 4612 viewsDaBurgh

Hendrie on 11:20 - Nov 30 by TheChef

Paddy Kenny disagrees.

Don't do Twitter, only see the snippets that appear here. The string of rolling laughter icons after Paddy's tweet is the equivalent of someone laughing at their own joke, as the tumbleweed rolls through the room. Has it become that the social media set need to be prompted by icons before responding correctly?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 11:45]
Hendrie on 11:53 - Nov 30 with 4527 viewsCiderwithRsie

I always liked him in Roseanne.
Hendrie on 12:10 - Nov 30 with 4418 viewsTheChef

Hendrie on 11:34 - Nov 30 by bollockchops

with Hesgoal there was no commentary just the noise of the crowd, which lets you make your own mind up with whats going on on the field instead of having it made for you !

You could always turn the sound down and turn your music up

Sounds like bliss!

Not heard of Hesgoal, is it free?

Hendrie on 12:49 - Nov 30 with 4212 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hendrie on 12:10 - Nov 30 by TheChef

Sounds like bliss!

Not heard of Hesgoal, is it free?

Yup!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hendrie on 12:55 - Nov 30 with 4162 viewsWestonsuperR

I’ve been really impressed with the commentary Hendrie provides, I’ve noticed fans from many clubs claiming he is biased against their team but for me he does stay impartial, certainly very complementary about us last night.
Hendrie on 12:56 - Nov 30 with 4150 viewsBrianMcCarthy

God, he's dull....

Imagine him doing the Bobby Zamorra goal:

"And dere 'ee izzzzzzz.

Zamorra.

'Ee's knocked idddddddd in.

Loiiiiiiike.

It's a goal, dat is"

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hendrie on 14:29 - Nov 30 with 3887 viewsextratimeR

Goodman hates QPR.

Never says anything positive about us.
Hendrie on 14:32 - Nov 30 with 3862 viewstoboboly

Hendrie was better than I expected and most of the other knobbers that do co-commentary.

How Clinton Morrison is flavour of the month currently I have no idea, makes a puddle look intelligent.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Hendrie on 15:01 - Nov 30 with 3771 viewsBoston

Hendrie on 14:29 - Nov 30 by extratimeR

Goodman hates QPR.

Never says anything positive about us.

So he’s not a good man then?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 15:02]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hendrie on 15:07 - Nov 30 with 3742 viewsQPR_Hibs

Hendrie on 14:32 - Nov 30 by toboboly

Hendrie was better than I expected and most of the other knobbers that do co-commentary.

How Clinton Morrison is flavour of the month currently I have no idea, makes a puddle look intelligent.

A couple of years ago Clinton Morisson was the pundit on a Radio 5 Live game that was 0-0 at half time and was he asked something like "Which team will be the happier going into the break?"
Can't remember the actual teams playing but his response was "Oh Aston Villa for certain, they'll definitely be the happier. And so will Everton."

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Hendrie on 15:10 - Nov 30 with 3709 viewsBoston

Hendrie on 15:07 - Nov 30 by QPR_Hibs

A couple of years ago Clinton Morisson was the pundit on a Radio 5 Live game that was 0-0 at half time and was he asked something like "Which team will be the happier going into the break?"
Can't remember the actual teams playing but his response was "Oh Aston Villa for certain, they'll definitely be the happier. And so will Everton."

So it was the Birmingham v Liverpool game?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hendrie on 15:11 - Nov 30 with 3701 viewsQPR_Hibs

Hendrie on 15:10 - Nov 30 by Boston

So it was the Birmingham v Liverpool game?

Probably.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Hendrie on 15:36 - Nov 30 with 3621 viewskensalriser

There are two teams out there, I think. And for this game to change, someone's going to have to score a goal. It'll take that to win it. Otherwise it'll end in stalemate.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hendrie on 15:56 - Nov 30 with 3556 viewsMick_S

I think he may be ( sky tv ) Sue Smith’s brother. Doppelgänger innit?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hendrie on 21:09 - Nov 30 with 3203 viewsmcqpr10

Don't mind him. Has a bit of personality although sometimes think he doesn't do enough research on championship players. Can't stand hinchcliffe and goodman.
Liam rosenior who is Rooney's assistant at derby was the most impressive pundit sky had. Well researched and forward thinking. Not surprised he got a job coaching.
Hendrie on 21:37 - Nov 30 with 3128 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hendrie on 21:09 - Nov 30 by mcqpr10

Don't mind him. Has a bit of personality although sometimes think he doesn't do enough research on championship players. Can't stand hinchcliffe and goodman.
Liam rosenior who is Rooney's assistant at derby was the most impressive pundit sky had. Well researched and forward thinking. Not surprised he got a job coaching.

I only heard Rosenior Jnr. a couple of times but I found him interesting. And a nit lively.

As you say, a coach in waiting.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hendrie on 02:32 - Dec 1 with 2884 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Yes I think we got the same coverage in Australia through Bein Spoirts and the commentator wanted Derby to win. He was cleared biased against QPR trying to say our first goal was offside (when it wasn't) and numerous fouls weren't enough of a foul to give a penalty.
It was poetic justice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024