Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wasn't it about this time last year.... 13:40 - Nov 30 with 6149 viewsTheChef

that we were on a bad run and some people were calling for Warburton to go?

Amazing what a difference twelve months make.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 13:47 - Nov 30 with 3167 viewsdaveB

yeah we had a terrible run, won 4of the first 20 odd games, couldn't score goals, couldn't keep a clean sheet it looked horrific. I still think our game with Luton being called off for Covid saved Warburton. It meant he had 2 weeks between games and could get injured players back and signed Austin and we haven't looked back since
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 13:53 - Nov 30 with 3128 viewsMaggsinho

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 13:47 - Nov 30 by daveB

yeah we had a terrible run, won 4of the first 20 odd games, couldn't score goals, couldn't keep a clean sheet it looked horrific. I still think our game with Luton being called off for Covid saved Warburton. It meant he had 2 weeks between games and could get injured players back and signed Austin and we haven't looked back since

I think the draw at Norwich was the point things turned - could easily have been a win if BOS had scored and we seemed to grow from there.
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:10 - Nov 30 with 3054 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Happy Nearly Fcked It Day!
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:12 - Nov 30 with 3044 viewsbosh67

All managers and teams go through bad spells. Pleased the owners rode it and stuck by him and the back room. We needed to bolster the experience in the squad and that worked out very well and continues to do so.

We are very lucky to have Warburton, Eustace etc.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:19 - Nov 30 with 2999 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yep.

I was one of those who felt it might be time for a change. I regret that now. In my case I think it was mid-December that I began to feel that.

The change to a back three, the time on the training pitch and then the loan signings produced an incredible turnaround. Fair play to all concerned.

Couldn't be happier for them all, as management and players all come across so sound and so ethical.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:22 - Nov 30 with 2978 viewsMatch82

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:12 - Nov 30 by bosh67

All managers and teams go through bad spells. Pleased the owners rode it and stuck by him and the back room. We needed to bolster the experience in the squad and that worked out very well and continues to do so.

Wasn't just the fans to be fair. I remember TV coverage making a big deal about cutting to Les talking to Hoos and saying they could be discussing whether to stick or twist.

He was right on the edge and the turnaround since then has been nothing short of miraculous. Credit to everyone, including the board for having the confidence to stick when I think the majority of fans would have pulled the plug. And Warburton/the team themselves of course
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:23 - Nov 30 with 2969 viewsJuzzie

Basically, don't listen to the twitterati who quite frankly don't know fk all, but think they do.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 14:24]
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:28 - Nov 30 with 2918 viewsozranger

Have I missed it here, but..

This was Warb's 50th win with us according to the Beeb.

Congrats and may another 50 come along (well, a little faster)
Login to get fewer ads

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:35 - Nov 30 with 2890 viewsessextaxiboy

I found that thread a few weeks ago , some very eminent posters telling him it was time to go..
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:46 - Nov 30 with 2845 viewsstowmarketrange

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:19 - Nov 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Yep.

I was one of those who felt it might be time for a change. I regret that now. In my case I think it was mid-December that I began to feel that.

The change to a back three, the time on the training pitch and then the loan signings produced an incredible turnaround. Fair play to all concerned.

Couldn't be happier for them all, as management and players all come across so sound and so ethical.

Me too Brian.It looked like we were only heading one way,but I’m happy to admit my mistake in thinking it might’ve been time for a change.
The loan signings helped to turn things around,and I doubt there is a team that’s picked up as many points as we have in this calendar year.And there is still a month to go.
Long may he reign over us.
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:49 - Nov 30 with 2818 viewscolinallcars

Yeah but can we find three teams worse than us and stay up ?
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:49 - Nov 30 with 2815 viewsted_hendrix

I wanted him gone back then.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:53 - Nov 30 with 2795 viewsTheChef

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:22 - Nov 30 by Match82

Wasn't just the fans to be fair. I remember TV coverage making a big deal about cutting to Les talking to Hoos and saying they could be discussing whether to stick or twist.

He was right on the edge and the turnaround since then has been nothing short of miraculous. Credit to everyone, including the board for having the confidence to stick when I think the majority of fans would have pulled the plug. And Warburton/the team themselves of course

Yeah that was right after the 2-0 home defeat to Swansea, they showed Hoos and Ferdinand fiddling with their phones (making the wild assumption they were texting SACK THE MANAGER NOW).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 15:10 - Nov 30 with 2745 viewsjohnhoop

Yep, hindsight's a wonderful thing.
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 15:18 - Nov 30 with 2711 viewscolinallcars

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 15:10 - Nov 30 by johnhoop

Yep, hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Yup. So are maps. Let's face it we'd be lost without 'em.
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 15:26 - Nov 30 with 2687 viewsBostonR

I was getting close to wanting him gone, but I recall Clive reminding us all that changing the manager is not the answer. Glad MW recovered and this team looks really solid.
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 15:34 - Nov 30 with 2646 viewsMyke

Yep.

Me also Brian. I would consider myself fairly balanced and moderate in my views (old age is great for some stuff) but I could see no other outcome . We were in freefall , couldn't buy a win or even a goal and in real danger of going down. I remember approaching the Wycombe game with something like dread and thinking that couldn't be right from either a sporting or enjoyment perspective.
I don't accept it was a mistake, because I believe it was the inevitable call at the time. Hindsight as they say is 20-20. Delighted he stayed of course, now, but at the time... sitting on his freezer box ...
I think he has improved as well as the team. Far more flexible and pragmatic. We still occasionally see the old 'if Plan A fails, do Plan A better' stubbornness, but not nearly as much as this time last year
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 16:20 - Nov 30 with 2537 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I wonder if it was the termination fee or faith in his abilities that persuaded them to hang on to him.
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 16:20 - Nov 30 with 2538 viewsWestonsuperR

I’d estimate nearly half the fanbase were, I always felt we needed to ‘stick’ and give MW time, there is so much in giving a Manager time to build and we are beginning to reap the rewards.
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 16:21 - Nov 30 with 2537 viewsSuperhoop83

Yep.

Same here.

The performance at Huddersfield was so bad I turned off the stream at half time and took the dog for a walk. I was actually happy when I got home to find that we only lost 2-0!

The turn around since then has been extraordinary and Warburton deserves huge credit. He is a good coach but also has an eye for getting in the "right sort" and the current squad is a joy to behold.

You R'sss!!!!!

Suffering since 1978.

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 16:32 - Nov 30 with 2492 viewsJuzzie

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 16:20 - Nov 30 by WestonsuperR

I’d estimate nearly half the fanbase were, I always felt we needed to ‘stick’ and give MW time, there is so much in giving a Manager time to build and we are beginning to reap the rewards.

Football Manager's get no time whatsoever. Ferguson was just a game or so away from the boot (I think it was an FA Cup draw at Oldham that saved his bacon as they went on to win it for the first time in yonks which then set them up for dominating the next twenty years) yet players can fkin' dick arse around all they like without consequence.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 16:34]
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 16:37 - Nov 30 with 2457 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 16:32 - Nov 30 by Juzzie

Football Manager's get no time whatsoever. Ferguson was just a game or so away from the boot (I think it was an FA Cup draw at Oldham that saved his bacon as they went on to win it for the first time in yonks which then set them up for dominating the next twenty years) yet players can fkin' dick arse around all they like without consequence.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 16:34]

I remember that situation and it was an FA Cup game but I seemed to recall it was Forest?
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 16:41 - Nov 30 with 2449 viewsJuzzie

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 16:37 - Nov 30 by CroydonCaptJack

I remember that situation and it was an FA Cup game but I seemed to recall it was Forest?

Yeah, actually I think it was. They played Oldham in the semi which was a 3-3 thriller that went to a reply. It was definitely the much earlier rounds that he was under pressure from,
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 16:41 - Nov 30 with 2448 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Receipts are here, as the kids say. I was certainly wavering.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/266526/page:1
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 17:04 - Nov 30 with 2372 viewsnix

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 16:41 - Nov 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Receipts are here, as the kids say. I was certainly wavering.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/266526/page:1

You were one of the few dissenters Bazz. I think iI'd stopped reading the forum for a while as I didn't post at all on that thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024