Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience 11:30 - Dec 8 with 16648 viewsMrSheen

How were they checked (if at all) and how time consuming was the process?
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 11:37 - Dec 8 with 6160 viewsNorthernr

A separate check point ahead of the turnstiles. Checked on your phone by stewards. No queue, but then only 700 travelling fans.

My problem was when I got to the gate the number of people in the area meant I had a crap signal, and the app wouldn't load my details, just got the spinning wheel. Steward told me if I couldn't get it to stop spinning I couldn't come in, having travelled from London to Cardiff on a Wednesday night for the game.

Another in our group had screenshotted his own, so he whatsapped it to me from inside, I showed his, and they let me in. Which is a farce, obviously.

My advice - have a screenshot, don't rely on the app working. Apparently you can also add it to your wallet if you have an Apple phone.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 11:45 - Dec 8 with 6121 viewsMrSheen

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 11:37 - Dec 8 by Northernr

A separate check point ahead of the turnstiles. Checked on your phone by stewards. No queue, but then only 700 travelling fans.

My problem was when I got to the gate the number of people in the area meant I had a crap signal, and the app wouldn't load my details, just got the spinning wheel. Steward told me if I couldn't get it to stop spinning I couldn't come in, having travelled from London to Cardiff on a Wednesday night for the game.

Another in our group had screenshotted his own, so he whatsapped it to me from inside, I showed his, and they let me in. Which is a farce, obviously.

My advice - have a screenshot, don't rely on the app working. Apparently you can also add it to your wallet if you have an Apple phone.

Thanks Clive, I saved mine to Notes as well as Apple Wallet for recent family trips, we shared them around the whole group so we could function if down to only one working phone.
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 12:04 - Dec 8 with 6075 viewskensalriser

I’d have a paper copy too, relying on a phone is asking for trouble.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 12:16 - Dec 8 with 6036 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 12:04 - Dec 8 by kensalriser

I’d have a paper copy too, relying on a phone is asking for trouble.

Good call.

A few of us were in France in September and one of the lads' phones died. As if by magic he produced a paper copy and Lo! The Locals were mightily impressed!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 12:33 - Dec 8 with 5987 viewsaston_hoop

Not sure how its working for you there but in Barcelona, we have it in bars and restaurants now and they just scan the QR code from the certificate on your phone. It got me wondering if I could just print mine off but then cut the QR code out and just carry that in my wallet to save space, in case of phone issues.

Also, if you haven't bothered accessing your pass then do it ASAP. When we had the measures announced, there was a huge rush to access it which crashed our health service app and caused delays.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 12:34 - Dec 8 with 5982 viewslondonscottish

Good tip.

I just had a look at mine to see if I could add it to Google Pay - and the answer is "yes".

There's another option in the app to add your pass to your homescreen. So I did that too.

Thanks

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 12:47 - Dec 8 with 5936 viewsessextaxiboy

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 12:16 - Dec 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Good call.

A few of us were in France in September and one of the lads' phones died. As if by magic he produced a paper copy and Lo! The Locals were mightily impressed!

We drove to Zurich last month , stayed over in Nancy on the way , Vac passport system in the restaurants worked well.
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 12:47 - Dec 8 with 5934 viewsMyke

Or just do like and unvaccinated 22 year woman in my wife's office and use her mother's. Because the whole point is obviously gaining access to where you want to go.
Login to get fewer ads

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 12:57 - Dec 8 with 5900 viewsTheChef

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 13:12 - Dec 8 with 5867 viewsozranger

Actually to say they were checked by the stewards is a pushing it a bit. I just waved my phone which had my QR code showing and was sent through. There was no scanning of the codes or anything resembling that. Like Clive, it could have been the QR code for my QPR season ticket such was the checking done. Mind you, I had also printed out the code as well and carried that in my back pocket as a just in case.

Also, remember that these only last for a month and need to be renewed. Having been punctured this past Monday for the booster (and did the flu jab at the same time), I wonder if that alters it as well and perhaps if one does get the booster then they would need to update their code by logging in again so that if it is scanned it would show that you have also had the booster administered.
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 13:17 - Dec 8 with 5852 viewsNorthernr

Got to feel a bit for Hoos today. Already struggling to steward games, now given 10 days notice to bring this in for the Swansea match, and then find enough temporary staff to do it for an evening match on December 27.

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 14:01 - Dec 8 with 5725 viewsTacticalR

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 13:12 - Dec 8 by ozranger

Actually to say they were checked by the stewards is a pushing it a bit. I just waved my phone which had my QR code showing and was sent through. There was no scanning of the codes or anything resembling that. Like Clive, it could have been the QR code for my QPR season ticket such was the checking done. Mind you, I had also printed out the code as well and carried that in my back pocket as a just in case.

Also, remember that these only last for a month and need to be renewed. Having been punctured this past Monday for the booster (and did the flu jab at the same time), I wonder if that alters it as well and perhaps if one does get the booster then they would need to update their code by logging in again so that if it is scanned it would show that you have also had the booster administered.

If there are no devices to actually check the QR codes it does make you wonder what the purpose is. Is it purely ritualistic? Without wanting to reignite the great covid debate, this reminds me of an article that appeared in the summer:

Hygiene theatre: how excessive cleaning gives us a false sense of security
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jul/12/hygiene-theatre-how-excessive-cl

Air hostess clique

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 14:29 - Dec 8 with 5677 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm asssuming as there is a 'non digital' form of entry, there will be the option to flash your vaccine cards, for the old non digital types like myself!
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 14:35 - Dec 8 with 5660 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 14:29 - Dec 8 by PinnerPaul

I'm asssuming as there is a 'non digital' form of entry, there will be the option to flash your vaccine cards, for the old non digital types like myself!

Oh, you'd just love to go to a match and flash your cards around, wouldn't you!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 14:39 - Dec 8 with 5636 viewsPinnerPaul

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 14:35 - Dec 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Oh, you'd just love to go to a match and flash your cards around, wouldn't you!!

On a more serious note, me, Mrs Pinner and her sister all received texts today reminding us to have our booster jabs - we all had them months ago - I think the cards are more reliable tbh and of course I DO love flashing a card!
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 15:08 - Dec 8 with 5568 viewsswisscottage

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 13:17 - Dec 8 by Northernr

Got to feel a bit for Hoos today. Already struggling to steward games, now given 10 days notice to bring this in for the Swansea match, and then find enough temporary staff to do it for an evening match on December 27.

I've not seen anything about needing a vaccine passport for the Swansea Match or any other match in England.

Where is this?
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 15:10 - Dec 8 with 5564 viewsloftboy

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 14:39 - Dec 8 by PinnerPaul

On a more serious note, me, Mrs Pinner and her sister all received texts today reminding us to have our booster jabs - we all had them months ago - I think the cards are more reliable tbh and of course I DO love flashing a card!

Just say you’re going to a cheese and wine party and will be socially distanced, if it’s good enough for Boris then why should the rest of us bother.
4 days before that non party we had my Dads funeral, my mum couldn’t go as the care home she’s in was in lock down, he had 4 kids and 13 grand children the majority of whom are married and have known my dad/ Grandad for many years ,the 4 of us had to sit down a decide who could go and who couldn’t, there was no wake after as it wasn’t in the rules. I’m mightily upset and pîssed off with the news that has come out this week.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 15:17 - Dec 8 with 5539 viewskensalriser

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 15:10 - Dec 8 by loftboy

Just say you’re going to a cheese and wine party and will be socially distanced, if it’s good enough for Boris then why should the rest of us bother.
4 days before that non party we had my Dads funeral, my mum couldn’t go as the care home she’s in was in lock down, he had 4 kids and 13 grand children the majority of whom are married and have known my dad/ Grandad for many years ,the 4 of us had to sit down a decide who could go and who couldn’t, there was no wake after as it wasn’t in the rules. I’m mightily upset and pîssed off with the news that has come out this week.

Buyer's remorse, LB?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 15:31 - Dec 8 with 5489 viewsdenhamhoop2

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 15:08 - Dec 8 by swisscottage

I've not seen anything about needing a vaccine passport for the Swansea Match or any other match in England.

Where is this?

As is the way these days it has been drip fed to certain papers by "sources" as this corrupt Government brings in harsher measures to try and quash the negative press fall out from last years Xmas Party fiasco all under the guise of slowing the Omricron variant(Which seems to be more transmissable but doesn't actually make you seriously ill so basically like the common cold)
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 15:37 - Dec 8 with 5469 viewsozranger

Where is this?

Perhaps it has something to do with this - Plan B?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59579077

Of course, in the situation that Bozo the Clown is in, anything to distract the media from his latest problems would be in his and his party's best interests even if it does hurt everyone else.
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 15:49 - Dec 8 with 5419 viewsNorthernr

Where is this?

Coming in tonight's exciting press conference according to numerous outlets - working from home and vaccine passports from next week.

I cannot possibly begin to imagine or speculate why they might suddenly be announcing that today.
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 16:14 - Dec 8 with 5337 viewsTheChef

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 15:37 - Dec 8 by ozranger

Perhaps it has something to do with this - Plan B?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59579077

Of course, in the situation that Bozo the Clown is in, anything to distract the media from his latest problems would be in his and his party's best interests even if it does hurt everyone else.

Why would anyone listen to him or his government now?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 16:28 - Dec 8 with 5295 viewsPhildo

Just checked on the app and my booster from last Friday is showing - think I might have a little party to celebrate
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 16:45 - Dec 8 with 5232 viewssparkey

I've had 2 doses of the vaccine and am an advocate for vaccines.

However, something about vaccine passports doesnt seem right and creates a 2 tier society which can be very dangerous.
Vaccine Passports - Cardiff Experience on 16:49 - Dec 8 with 5202 viewsQPR_John

Just loaded my pass and it is valid up to 10th December?????
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024