Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! 17:34 - Dec 12 with 25350 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I was at QPR on Thursday, popping into both the club shop and box office. Mask wearing and distancing among staff was conspicuous by its absence.

Seeing as the off-field staff are likely to have more contact with players and those who come into contact with the players, you’d think these simple measures would be applied.

Utter joke!
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 19:39]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 17:53 - Dec 12 with 8021 viewsderbyhoop

Isnt that level of complacency GB wide?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 18:17 - Dec 12 with 7886 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I blame Les!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 18:32 - Dec 12 with 7827 viewsPlanetHonneywood

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 17:53 - Dec 12 by derbyhoop

Isnt that level of complacency GB wide?

Bang on Kevin!

Moving from Qatar to France in June, mask wearing has been appreciably higher. Not total of course, but since landing in London last week, people are simply not wearing masks and so transmission is an obvious consequence.

But as a taxi driver said to me: when you don’t see the government following their own advice, what do people expect?

He’s right of course, and while I accept it’s annoying and after two years I’m fed up with masks, but it’s not bloody hard.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 19:18 - Dec 12 with 7626 viewsQPROslo

I'm not surprised at all. Little mask wearing at games. Players not just hugging each other but fans and the opposition too. Manager and coaching staff too, except the wise medics. Been surprised there has not been more earlier.
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 19:44 - Dec 12 with 7496 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 19:18 - Dec 12 by QPROslo

I'm not surprised at all. Little mask wearing at games. Players not just hugging each other but fans and the opposition too. Manager and coaching staff too, except the wise medics. Been surprised there has not been more earlier.

It's really difficult to implement in this country. We have a great climate.

I mean no hugging. Who wants that?

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 20:12 - Dec 12 with 7420 viewsRangersw12

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 19:18 - Dec 12 by QPROslo

Very little chance of catching it in the open air so no reason to wear a mask at games
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 21:32 - Dec 12 with 7192 viewsdavman

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 20:12 - Dec 12 by Rangersw12

Very little chance of catching it in the open air so no reason to wear a mask at games

Not going to get back into the COVID thread, but it may be outside with great ventilation, but you are still cramped in and will be inhaling stuff from the people around you.

But, what the government has done is left it open to individuals to decide. You think it's low enough risk, you go for it. I won't, but that doesn't make me right and you wrong.

Not enough mask wearing at the games in my opinion...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 21:36 - Dec 12 with 7167 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 21:32 - Dec 12 by davman

Not going to get back into the COVID thread, but it may be outside with great ventilation, but you are still cramped in and will be inhaling stuff from the people around you.

But, what the government has done is left it open to individuals to decide. You think it's low enough risk, you go for it. I won't, but that doesn't make me right and you wrong.

Not enough mask wearing at the games in my opinion...

Risky compared to what?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 21:38 - Dec 12 with 7153 viewsqprd

the fact that this hasnt happened earlier is the surprising part

qpr isnt the only club with outbreaks- villa, spurs to name but a few, and this will continue happening across england
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 22:09 - Dec 12 with 7027 viewsMyke

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 21:38 - Dec 12 by qprd

the fact that this hasnt happened earlier is the surprising part

qpr isnt the only club with outbreaks- villa, spurs to name but a few, and this will continue happening across england

We have almost 100% mask wearing compliance in the Republic, over 90% fully vaccinated, yet Covid has been rampant for weeks - that was BEFORE omicron. Love a drink as much as the next man, but once you open pub/clubs, you might as well throw your hat at it.
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 22:12 - Dec 12 with 7007 viewsBlackCrowe

Have to say to be 5th with our injury list and now having games in hand, feels like a bit of touch. Hope Saturday's not cancelled though. But if it is, probably even more of a touch.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 00:09 - Dec 13 with 6806 viewsdavman

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 21:36 - Dec 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

Risky compared to what?

Comparative risk of catching covid wearing v not wearing.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 03:57 - Dec 13 with 6635 viewsDavieQPR

Read a lot about this new variant being very contagious but not how many cases are actually in hospitals. The people in power seem to be ignoring it themselves. Wonder if anything to do with the fact that next year they have ordered enough vaccine to inoculate every man, woman. child, baby etc seven times. Somebody is making a heck of a lot of money out of this. Had my 3 jabs but there are some doubts beginning to form for me.
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 07:29 - Dec 13 with 6464 viewsQPROslo

For the Covid thread perhaps but I have read .many tests showing Covid spreads In the air, less outdoors than in but it spreads, and especially far in cool dry climates rather than hot, humid ones. Also spreads further when exercising and breathing harder like some footballers do!

Here in S.E Asia you have to wear a mask when you leave home, go out, not just when you go in to another building. Where these nonsensical ideas come from in Europe apart from culture I've no idea. Obviously they cannot play in masks but everybody else in the stadium should be.
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 08:43 - Dec 13 with 6273 viewsboysfromthebush

This thread shows how brainwashed the masses have been into being 'disgusted' by allowing people small freedoms.

Sad really.
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 08:47 - Dec 13 with 6239 viewsCorbyQPR

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 18:32 - Dec 12 by PlanetHonneywood

Bang on Kevin!

Moving from Qatar to France in June, mask wearing has been appreciably higher. Not total of course, but since landing in London last week, people are simply not wearing masks and so transmission is an obvious consequence.

But as a taxi driver said to me: when you don’t see the government following their own advice, what do people expect?

He’s right of course, and while I accept it’s annoying and after two years I’m fed up with masks, but it’s not bloody hard.

How are France doing with cases, given their mask wearing & segregating of society through health passports? You'd Imagine they would be a lot better than the UK?
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 08:57 - Dec 13 with 6178 viewsozexile

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 03:57 - Dec 13 by DavieQPR

Read a lot about this new variant being very contagious but not how many cases are actually in hospitals. The people in power seem to be ignoring it themselves. Wonder if anything to do with the fact that next year they have ordered enough vaccine to inoculate every man, woman. child, baby etc seven times. Somebody is making a heck of a lot of money out of this. Had my 3 jabs but there are some doubts beginning to form for me.

And rightly so.
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 09:18 - Dec 13 with 6081 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Would our players have been vaccinated?
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 09:21 - Dec 13 with 6067 viewsRs_Holy

I love a conspiracy theory Davie but to be honest when the medical people are saying it too I take notice.
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 09:24 - Dec 13 with 6047 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 07:29 - Dec 13 by QPROslo

For the Covid thread perhaps but I have read .many tests showing Covid spreads In the air, less outdoors than in but it spreads, and especially far in cool dry climates rather than hot, humid ones. Also spreads further when exercising and breathing harder like some footballers do!

Here in S.E Asia you have to wear a mask when you leave home, go out, not just when you go in to another building. Where these nonsensical ideas come from in Europe apart from culture I've no idea. Obviously they cannot play in masks but everybody else in the stadium should be.

Well we have only had reported cases in the UK for just over two weeks. Maybe check the South African figures to see how it could spread.
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 09:30 - Dec 13 with 6020 viewsrobith

I really doubt the players are interacting that much with the club shop and the box office given they train at Hounslow
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 09:47 - Dec 13 with 5965 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Kind of where I am with it now. Even so I’ll be getting my booster next month and I’ll comply with the rules the best I can.

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 10:01 - Dec 13 with 5898 viewsCroydonCaptJack

In addition, how the press are not onto the fact that we have bought millions of tests from China yet are causing obstacle after obstacle for UK made tests to get approval is beyond me. I can only conclude they are complicit. Must be some huge backhanders going on and I hope at some stage it comes out.
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 10:03 - Dec 13 with 5890 viewsDixie_CT

QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 09:30 - Dec 13 by robith

I really doubt the players are interacting that much with the club shop and the box office given they train at Hounslow

This! Even pre-COVID, there was very little interaction between players and staff at Harlington and personnel at Loftus Road.

Pretty unhelpful and uninformed thread.
QPR/Covid what a bloody surprise!! on 10:25 - Dec 13 with 5818 viewsCliff

I and my two sons caught Covid at QPR games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024