Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR NFT 15:42 - Dec 15 with 12098 viewssparkey

I dont know too much about NFT's so cant add much here. Anyone with knowledge?
QPR NFT on 15:57 - Dec 15 with 6534 viewsRBlock

It's all a nonsense scam, and I'm disappointed to see QPR involved in this tosh.
QPR NFT on 16:03 - Dec 15 with 6495 viewstoboboly

Massive scam, worse than having an official betting partner

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR NFT on 16:20 - Dec 15 with 6418 viewstoboboly

Some good threads on why football clubs/supporters should steer clear;

https://mobile.twitter.com/FYPFanzine/status/1468895224260874244

https://mobile.twitter.com/josephmdurso/status/1427888959443587080

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59596267

https://mobile.twitter.com/smdiehl/status/1445795667826208770

QPR NFT on 16:22 - Dec 15 with 6400 viewsPinnerPaul

Think this came up before, here's the BBCs page on NFTs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56371912
QPR NFT on 16:23 - Dec 15 with 6413 viewsLythamR

QPR NFT on 15:57 - Dec 15 by RBlock

It's all a nonsense scam, and I'm disappointed to see QPR involved in this tosh.

only 5000 of each NFT apparently and each one has its own serial number! so thats something

some bloke just lost $296500 in seconds with a typo, lets be careful out there!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59638565
QPR NFT on 16:24 - Dec 15 with 6407 viewsStevenageRanger

I know very little about these but have seen lots more of them on posts on various Social Media so obviously 'catching on'

The world is different now!

Will 'Art' in digital form become collectable (it seems that way).My simple mind tells me how different is this to Vinyl vs MP3s? I like a tangible product (Vinyl) my Kids couldnt care less about that and would happily buy an MP3.

Also, Is it much different to kids these days buying 'packs' on Fifa on the Playstation? I used to buy the Panini stickers, they will happilly spend their pocket money on digital packs to get a player.

If you are not intersted you can ignore! (I will :) )
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 16:27]
QPR NFT on 16:51 - Dec 15 with 6301 viewstoboboly

QPR NFT on 16:24 - Dec 15 by StevenageRanger

I know very little about these but have seen lots more of them on posts on various Social Media so obviously 'catching on'

The world is different now!

Will 'Art' in digital form become collectable (it seems that way).My simple mind tells me how different is this to Vinyl vs MP3s? I like a tangible product (Vinyl) my Kids couldnt care less about that and would happily buy an MP3.

Also, Is it much different to kids these days buying 'packs' on Fifa on the Playstation? I used to buy the Panini stickers, they will happilly spend their pocket money on digital packs to get a player.

If you are not intersted you can ignore! (I will :) )
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 16:27]

It isn't tangible and likely you've been grifted on the price. It's the next football index disaster in waiting

QPR NFT on 16:54 - Dec 15 with 6303 viewsStevenageRanger

I know it isnt a tangible product. I was saying I like to have something I can touch (Vinyl) :)

The youth of today couldnt care less. They spend billions each year on 'characters' for online games. Is that much different to a NFT (I dont know much about them)
Login to get fewer ads

QPR NFT on 16:57 - Dec 15 with 6273 viewstoboboly

QPR NFT on 16:54 - Dec 15 by StevenageRanger

I know it isnt a tangible product. I was saying I like to have something I can touch (Vinyl) :)

The youth of today couldnt care less. They spend billions each year on 'characters' for online games. Is that much different to a NFT (I dont know much about them)

It isn't an mp3 though that you can own, and it looks like QPR are completely misrepresenting what it is

https://mobile.twitter.com/uglygame/status/1471160406957830156

QPR NFT on 17:08 - Dec 15 with 6233 viewsE17hoop

QPR NFT on 16:57 - Dec 15 by toboboly

It isn't an mp3 though that you can own, and it looks like QPR are completely misrepresenting what it is

https://mobile.twitter.com/uglygame/status/1471160406957830156

I'll Right-click and save as on my bank account to double my balance.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

QPR NFT on 17:27 - Dec 15 with 6166 viewsJuzzie

Roll up, roll up... buy JFT 's (Juzzie Fun Tokens) at just รขโ€šยฌ1 each. Collect all 100,000 to complete the set.

Each week I'll send you one coloured pixel and you can build your own picture up from there.

(said in fast, low volume gruffy voice) "pixels may not be sent and no picture template will be available either. Subscription's cannot be cancelled once started and no refunds either"

Bargain.

[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 17:28]
QPR NFT on 17:40 - Dec 15 with 6096 viewsQPR_Hibs

QPR NFT on 17:27 - Dec 15 by Juzzie

Roll up, roll up... buy JFT 's (Juzzie Fun Tokens) at just รขโ€šยฌ1 each. Collect all 100,000 to complete the set.

Each week I'll send you one coloured pixel and you can build your own picture up from there.

(said in fast, low volume gruffy voice) "pixels may not be sent and no picture template will be available either. Subscription's cannot be cancelled once started and no refunds either"

Bargain.

[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 17:28]

Surely part 1 of these exciting JFTs is just 99p? With the remaining 99,999 issues at ยฃ7.99.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

QPR NFT on 17:44 - Dec 15 with 6078 viewsNorthernr

Very disappointing we're going down this road as well.

Community, family club isn't just about talking the talk, sometimes you have to do some walking of walks as well.
QPR NFT on 18:01 - Dec 15 with 6009 viewstoboboly

QPR NFT on 17:44 - Dec 15 by Northernr

Community, family club isn't just about talking the talk, sometimes you have to do some walking of walks as well.

Interesting it wasn't mentioned at the fan forum...i wonder why!

I would urge everyone to write/email the club and cc the QPR1st supporters group in to put pressure on the club to step away from this.

QPR NFT on 20:50 - Dec 15 with 5799 viewsWhip_It

I've just fired in a complaint via email. Can't believe the club would stoop to this and hope someone sees sense quickly.
QPR NFT on 22:13 - Dec 15 with 5652 viewsslmrstid

If you fancy owning a little digital QPR trinket that will also send some cash the clubs way, because you don't like or can't buy any of the club's physical merchandise, or cant go to games and want to do it as a way to show support.... go for it.

If you fancy owning it because you think you'll make money on it as an investment...steer clear because thats complete nonsense and these NFTs are utter rubbish. And there's not exactly going to be a huge market for "rare, digital QPR NFTs"...

I'm sure someone like the Bot will be along to tell us all how he's making an absolute mint on his skyrocketing NFT values though and we're all just dinosaurs in the stone age that he can laugh at whilst he hoards his wealth
QPR NFT on 22:57 - Dec 15 with 5543 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Well it's called Quidd but you can only buy in dollars? That's a bit rubbish

To be honest I'm finding it hard to get too upset about this. It has zero appeal to me personally and I can't think of anyone I know that would be interested in it. It must be aimed at young people and children I guess or perhaps I'm just out of touch (and happy to be so).

I'd rather give my $10 (sic) to the community trust. In fact I'm going to do that right now. Much better investment IMO.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

QPR NFT on 09:38 - Dec 16 with 5301 viewsLythamR

I have asked how much it will cost to convert a collectible into an NFT as I couldnt find any information on that but from what i can see thats an important step otherwise it isnt an NFT, if anyone has already found the answer please post
QPR NFT on 14:15 - Dec 16 with 5122 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR NFT on 17:44 - Dec 15 by Northernr

So what are the specifics about your objection?

Not being confrontational, they are of no interest to me so haven't read the detail, so genuinely interested about why you think they are 'bad'?

Sorry of this seems blindingly obvious, but I didn't get further than reading what the N , F and T stood for!

Thanks
QPR NFT on 14:56 - Dec 16 with 5065 viewsaston_hoop

on this topic...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/12/16/daryl-morey-crypto-nfts-english

edit - journo saying its Bradford
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 15:51]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

QPR NFT on 17:58 - Dec 16 with 4880 viewsDavieQPR

I ordered for a book on how to avoid scams. Six months later I'm still waiting for it to arrive.
QPR NFT on 09:23 - Dec 17 with 4627 viewsJordanFoster

My knowledge of the NFT world is borderline non-existent in terms of it going deeper than the below. I was always a bit dubious of the whole thing, it definitely feels like rich people flexing but the argument around society is moving more digital (music, gaming, FUT rare cards etc) it feels like this could be a logical next step.

I helped launch Alphonso Davies' own NFT collection. For those unaware Alphonso kind of typifies the modern footballer. He's huge on TikTok and Twitch where he streams him playing certain games and engages with fans.

His range was created with the help of his social audience who voted on each part of his outfit that he'd wear in the illustration. This was because of IP and something I think might cause clubs/players issues going forward. For example, Alphonso's performance against Chelsea was one you'd want an NFT for but the rights around it make it almost impossible, plus confusion over who would own the IP for that 'moment'. So for example, if you were into them and a Rangers fan you'd want Zamora's goal against Derby but I don't think you could.

Topps (trading card company) for example now (they didn't at the time) own the rights to release Champions League/Europa League NFT moments, so nothing to do with the club, player or organisation.

To stop it being a dick-waving contest and rewarding those with the deepest pockets, we made it a raffle. So everyone had the same opportunity to win the platinum NFT - the rarest type. I think tickets were $20 so an achievable price point for most.

In order to generate more interest from a wider audience, especially those who were dubious over the value/worth of them, we combined it with real-world experiences. So whoever won the top-tier NFT got his actual match-worn Champions League final shirt, the chance to meet him, and tickets to a game. The next tier got a match-worn signed shirt and also meet and greet and so on.

Finally, Alphonso also donated a chunk of the proceeds to help the relief effort in Palestine through United Nations (he grew up in a refugee camp after his parents fled the civil war in Liberia).

In the end, every ticket sold out in a matter of hours and it was really well received, so there is ways to do it right but it's definitely a knife-edge. I do think this is the start of an influx though, I know a lot more players/clubs are keen to engage and create a collection.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 9:24]
QPR NFT on 09:51 - Dec 17 with 4568 viewsW7Ranger

WTF's an NFT??!!
QPR NFT on 10:12 - Dec 17 with 4541 viewsBklynRanger

Who's Alphonso Davies?!

We should be told.
QPR NFT on 11:38 - Dec 17 with 4463 viewstidydarts

Think my biggest bugbear with these useless pieces of art is that one click to create one is literally punching holes into the ozone layer: https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/15/22328203/nft-cryptoart-ethereum-blockchain-cl
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024