Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window 10:34 - Dec 22 with 24151 viewsderbyhoop

A number of sites linking us with Steve Cook from Bournemouth.
Centre back, still only 30 and out of contract in the Summer. Given that Newcastle and Watford also linked and Cherries might not be keen in helping rivals, I can't see this one happening. Even if it was a goer, I'm not sure we'd pay the sort of wages, he's probably getting at the Vitality.

Rangers had Kyle Doherty from Albion Rovers on trial and were going to invite the 20 year old striker back for further trials. But currently out injured, so that will be delayed also.

Based on the recent past, if we do recruit anybody, the fans will hear about it around the time of the signing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

January Transfer Window on 11:29 - Dec 22 with 7234 viewsdaveB

will be an interesting window as you'd imagine a few clubs like Boro, Sheff Utd and Fulham will want to spend and get some good loans in but can't see prem clubs wanting to loan anyone out with covid hitting squads meaning they might have to play the under 23's. If games go behind closed doors that may impact spending as well
January Transfer Window on 11:32 - Dec 22 with 7222 viewsTheChef

I read that as Steve Jones and Paul Cook, and wondered if we're lining up any of the other Pistols.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

January Transfer Window on 11:45 - Dec 22 with 7160 viewsCamberleyR

God save the Queens Park Rangers.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

January Transfer Window on 19:59 - Dec 28 with 6483 viewsaston_hoop

Steve Cook rumour seems to be continuing, didn't play yesterday and is apparently close to signing for someone. Bournemouth fan I know reckons its us.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January Transfer Window on 08:39 - Dec 29 with 6166 viewsdavman

January Transfer Window on 19:59 - Dec 28 by aston_hoop

Steve Cook rumour seems to be continuing, didn't play yesterday and is apparently close to signing for someone. Bournemouth fan I know reckons its us.

I know we need cover with Jordy's on going problems, but who will you drop out of those four? I'd have expected to see someone on less wages as "cover", so unless Dickie is going somewhere (unlikely IMO), I'd rather see the money spent elsewhere.

Or its cover for Barbet, who, in line with other reports is off at the end of the season...
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 8:42]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

January Transfer Window on 08:42 - Dec 29 with 6133 viewsWatford_Ranger

January Transfer Window on 08:39 - Dec 29 by davman

I know we need cover with Jordy's on going problems, but who will you drop out of those four? I'd have expected to see someone on less wages as "cover", so unless Dickie is going somewhere (unlikely IMO), I'd rather see the money spent elsewhere.

Or its cover for Barbet, who, in line with other reports is off at the end of the season...
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 8:42]

I expect he’d be picked over Dunne.
January Transfer Window on 10:38 - Dec 29 with 6008 viewsellersliehoop

January Transfer Window on 08:42 - Dec 29 by Watford_Ranger

I expect he’d be picked over Dunne.

Barbet could move to left wing back when Wallace breaks down
January Transfer Window on 10:45 - Dec 29 with 5962 viewsterryb

January Transfer Window on 10:38 - Dec 29 by ellersliehoop

Barbet could move to left wing back when Wallace breaks down

No he can't. He has shown us that it is not his position!

IF we signed Cook & that is a big IF, it would be Dickie that was is danger on current playing performances. Unless Barbet has stated that he won't sign a new contract & we are looking for a replacement.
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window on 11:18 - Dec 29 with 5891 viewsDieByYourSide

Experienced campaigner and from what Bournemouth fans say definitely seems like 'the right sort' which we've presumably done our due diligence on.

If his head's in the right place to join (with him being effectively a one club man til now) could be a shrewd signing with Dickie likely to attract some interest over next few windows and Barbet possibly off.

Poll: And it's hi ho

January Transfer Window on 11:41 - Dec 29 with 5852 viewsdmm

The strength of the Cook rumour has made me think there could well be serious interest in Dickie by West Ham and others, Soton and a few others.

Cook only has six months left on his contract but we'll still have to pay something. Plus I'm sure his wages will be at the upper end of our player's salary budget.
January Transfer Window on 11:51 - Dec 29 with 5812 viewsderbyhoop

Wolves rumoured to be among a clutch of PL clubs looking at Dickie.
8 figure (10m +) valuation being mentioned.

My initial thoughts were Cook wouldn't choose us over Watford or Newcastle and, even if he did, it would break the wage structure. But could QPR afford to turn down a serious offer for Dickie? In which case, a ready made replacement.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

January Transfer Window on 13:35 - Dec 29 with 5639 viewskensalriser

Controversial but I'm far from convinced Dickie is a mid-level PL quality player.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

January Transfer Window on 14:19 - Dec 29 with 5566 viewsMyke

January Transfer Window on 13:35 - Dec 29 by kensalriser

Controversial but I'm far from convinced Dickie is a mid-level PL quality player.

I agree. Too slow and occasional lapses in concentration. Started the season absolutely on fire, but now rarely ventures past the half-way line and 90% of the time just lays a ball off square. Had one opportunity on Monday to burst forward as he had being doing so effectively earlier in the season, but only went to the half-way line and then, under no pressure, turned and hit a backward ball to Dunne. If Cook was to come in (and not knowing which foot he plays with), I would have thought Dickie's position was most under threat
January Transfer Window on 14:33 - Dec 29 with 5527 viewspaulparker

January Transfer Window on 14:19 - Dec 29 by Myke

I agree. Too slow and occasional lapses in concentration. Started the season absolutely on fire, but now rarely ventures past the half-way line and 90% of the time just lays a ball off square. Had one opportunity on Monday to burst forward as he had being doing so effectively earlier in the season, but only went to the half-way line and then, under no pressure, turned and hit a backward ball to Dunne. If Cook was to come in (and not knowing which foot he plays with), I would have thought Dickie's position was most under threat

Sorry but I don’t get all this to slow not enough pace rubbish thrown at dickie
The likes of Dawson , coady ,Maguire , don’t have any , defending is about positioning, anticipation, organisation, not pace
Jansen , Ayling, Hanley are all making a living in the prem I don’t see why dickie shouldn’t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

January Transfer Window on 14:35 - Dec 29 with 5510 viewsbosh67

I have a feeling we may have to make do with what we have.

Bettache, Duke-Mckenna, Masterson and or Gubbins, Kelman etc are back or could be recalled. Cook would be excellent but Bournemouth won't loan him to us. In this Covid, money tight world we may have to get what we have to step up to the plate and prove themselves for next season.

Eze may need some game time back here!? :)

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

January Transfer Window on 14:49 - Dec 29 with 5453 viewsdmm

Cook is right footed
January Transfer Window on 14:59 - Dec 29 with 5417 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Sort of wonder if Marc Pugh's experience could play a factor in how Cook (and maybe Bournemouth) view QPR as a next destination.
January Transfer Window on 16:06 - Dec 29 with 5310 viewsAntti_Heinola

January Transfer Window on 14:33 - Dec 29 by paulparker

Sorry but I don’t get all this to slow not enough pace rubbish thrown at dickie
The likes of Dawson , coady ,Maguire , don’t have any , defending is about positioning, anticipation, organisation, not pace
Jansen , Ayling, Hanley are all making a living in the prem I don’t see why dickie shouldn’t

Totally agree.

Bare bones.

January Transfer Window on 02:58 - Dec 30 with 5053 viewsDavieQPR

Gondola, who is playing in Venezuela, is being linked to us, WBA and Huddersfield. He is available on a free and can play anywhere across the front four. Linked by BEN HD on Youtube.
January Transfer Window on 04:44 - Dec 30 with 5000 viewscyprusmel

January Transfer Window on 02:58 - Dec 30 by DavieQPR

Gondola, who is playing in Venezuela, is being linked to us, WBA and Huddersfield. He is available on a free and can play anywhere across the front four. Linked by BEN HD on Youtube.

Ah, pushing the boat out for this one.
January Transfer Window on 15:28 - Dec 30 with 4622 viewsGaryT

January Transfer Window on 04:44 - Dec 30 by cyprusmel

Ah, pushing the boat out for this one.

Worth a punt.
January Transfer Window on 15:55 - Dec 30 with 4561 viewsDorse

January Transfer Window on 15:28 - Dec 30 by GaryT

Worth a punt.

Might be put off by our stadium lighting. Bit dark and dinghy.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

January Transfer Window on 16:09 - Dec 30 with 4515 viewsMick_S

January Transfer Window on 15:28 - Dec 30 by GaryT

Worth a punt.

Ven-nice.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

January Transfer Window on 16:41 - Dec 30 with 4409 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

January Transfer Window on 02:58 - Dec 30 by DavieQPR

Gondola will take to us like a boat to water.
January Transfer Window on 17:25 - Dec 30 with 4235 viewsNorthernr

Almost certainly clickbait rubbish but our head of recruitment did say in his interview with us that as Brexit took away with one hand it did potentially open up Latin America with the other - if you could be arsed to go and do the legwork there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024