Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock 17:13 - Jan 2 with 5493 viewsNorthantsHoop

Albert superb again today, he is really putting in a shift on the right, and celebrating with Rss fans at end of the game absolutely brilliant.
Chris Willock superb as well, took his goal brilliantly, looked to me he has got his match fitness back.

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 17:16 - Jan 2 with 4255 viewsdmm

Both took their goals very well and Willock's was as good as any we'll score this season. Just sensational.
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 17:23 - Jan 2 with 4178 viewsbosh67

At 34 Albert is fantastic. A proper athlete who puts everything in for the club he loves. Got to be worth at least one more season's contract, surely?

Willock as we know is an incredibly talented player who some fans wanted loaned out to Hendon after a quiet few games, but he is a phenomenal player. Roughly £800K to us was an absolute steal and after the dance BOS led us on where we got £450 in compensation I believe, then I think for an add on of £350K to get Willock we have a player who is light years better than BOS ever was.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 17:25 - Jan 2 with 4140 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 17:16 - Jan 2 by dmm

Both took their goals very well and Willock's was as good as any we'll score this season. Just sensational.

Great goals and win .
I know everybody on LFW hates Chelsea but they have just scored 2 incredible goals to tie up Liverpool ,cannot wait to see how this game ends
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 17:42 - Jan 2 with 3970 viewsRed_Ranger

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 17:25 - Jan 2 by CLAREMAN1995

Great goals and win .
I know everybody on LFW hates Chelsea but they have just scored 2 incredible goals to tie up Liverpool ,cannot wait to see how this game ends

Bothered
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 17:44 - Jan 2 with 3941 viewsLongsufferingR

Adomah at fault for their goal though but agree other than that
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 17:49 - Jan 2 with 3901 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I though Adomah took his goal well but he was also at fault for their goal.

In general play I thought he was ok, and no more. He could have been tighter on quite a few occasions to block crosses at source. Understandable, seeing as he's filling in out of position.

In attack, he wasn't used much as we tended to play more down the left, but the few crosses he had were unremarkable, if I remember right.
6.5/10.

Willock was outstanding whenever we could get the ball to him. Just a pleasure to watch. He and Dunne were a cut above everyone else on the pitch, I thought.
8/10.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 18:02 - Jan 2 with 3778 viewsBklynRanger

A really cool finish from Albert which was great to see - once he saw the gap it was never in doubt.

Willock the Wisp with another tendon scrambling run for his - he'll have some set of highlights come the end of the season.

For their goal it looked like more of a case of Dickie worrying that Dunne's man was going to get free behind him so he moved toward him and left Aneke free. I could be wrong.
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 18:06 - Jan 2 with 3744 viewsPhildo

I think with Albert is is just so lovely to see a bloke enjoying himself as much at his work as AA does
Login to get fewer ads

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 18:09 - Jan 2 with 3716 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 18:02 - Jan 2 by BklynRanger

A really cool finish from Albert which was great to see - once he saw the gap it was never in doubt.

Willock the Wisp with another tendon scrambling run for his - he'll have some set of highlights come the end of the season.

For their goal it looked like more of a case of Dickie worrying that Dunne's man was going to get free behind him so he moved toward him and left Aneke free. I could be wrong.

"For their goal it looked like more of a case of Dickie worrying that Dunne's man was going to get free behind him so he moved toward him and left Aneke free. I could be wrong."

Ya, I'm not sure that Dickie had to attack that. As you say, though, he felt he had to.

Either way. Albert was forward of Aneke. He really should have been goal-side, I thought.

I'm not trying to knock Albert, just trying to be fair and objective. As a few posters said on Friday - imagine if this was Kakay.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 18:23 - Jan 2 with 3630 viewsdutch

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 17:25 - Jan 2 by CLAREMAN1995

Great goals and win .

Sorry, are you saying you are glad Chelsea scored? How can that be? I do not understand.
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 19:21 - Jan 2 with 3388 viewsdaveB

A mention for Sam Field who I thought was very good day as well as Luke Amos, their positional play when Birmingham had the ball was excellent
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 19:40 - Jan 2 with 3271 viewsMyke

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 19:21 - Jan 2 by daveB

A mention for Sam Field who I thought was very good day as well as Luke Amos, their positional play when Birmingham had the ball was excellent

Worth mentioning also, that both of these players are working their way back to full match fitness - if both can remain injury free they should get better and better as the season progresses.
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 19:42 - Jan 2 with 3248 viewsgazza1

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 19:21 - Jan 2 by daveB

Sam Field has been pretty average since he returned.......

The first half today he was far better and done pretty well......was that because he was 'the man' in CM because of SJ absence?? Did not think he did as well in the 2nd half though.

As for Albert, pestered the B'ham players all day and I was overall pleased with him. Took his goal very well.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 19:43]
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 20:48 - Jan 2 with 3056 viewsWestonsuperR

Agree with this, although we all love Albert he wasn’t near Willock and especially Dunne who was MOM for me with an immense performance.
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 21:33 - Jan 2 with 2933 viewsBklynRanger

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 18:09 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

"For their goal it looked like more of a case of Dickie worrying that Dunne's man was going to get free behind him so he moved toward him and left Aneke free. I could be wrong."

Ya, I'm not sure that Dickie had to attack that. As you say, though, he felt he had to.

Either way. Albert was forward of Aneke. He really should have been goal-side, I thought.

I'm not trying to knock Albert, just trying to be fair and objective. As a few posters said on Friday - imagine if this was Kakay.

Kakay would've got slaughtered, no doubt about that.

I'll be very curious to see if we try to get a RWB in this month. It seemed like a 'no-brainer' not long ago but you would lose some of what Albert brings, despite it not being his natural position. It'll probably be what Warbo seems to be (correctly) advocating for these days - a noticeable improvement on what we have or not happening.
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 22:06 - Jan 2 with 2779 viewsMick_S

Willock didn’t even have to glance to know Wallace was ready for the pass for Adomah’s goal. What a magnificent run by Wallace and then Willock goes and scores a wonderful goal in front of our fans. I used to watch us not believing how rotten we were, and now this? Granted, it’s still a bit bonkers at times, but this is great.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 22:11 - Jan 2 with 2747 viewsdanehoop

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 22:06 - Jan 2 by Mick_S

Willock didn’t even have to glance to know Wallace was ready for the pass for Adomah’s goal. What a magnificent run by Wallace and then Willock goes and scores a wonderful goal in front of our fans. I used to watch us not believing how rotten we were, and now this? Granted, it’s still a bit bonkers at times, but this is great.

It was probably also worth noting the run made by Wallace as Willock collected the ball before he turned and ran in for his goal. They really do work well together and I think it must be a nightmare to try and defend against the pace/placement of Wallace and guile and skills of WIllock in tandem.

Never knowingly understood

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 22:13 - Jan 2 with 2744 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Yeh exactly this. I was only saying the other week it wasn't that long ago, playing away, we could barely get out of our own half.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 00:38 - Jan 3 with 2519 viewsqueensparker

We should rename this thread to add Lee Wallace in the title but it’s true, for an ageing Scottish reject who looked utter shite for 12 months after we bought him, he’s been one of the best signings of recent years. Worthy of entry into the Wilson/Dawes/Gillard/Dennis club
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 01:35 - Jan 3 with 2439 viewsW7Ranger

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 22:11 - Jan 2 by danehoop

It was probably also worth noting the run made by Wallace as Willock collected the ball before he turned and ran in for his goal. They really do work well together and I think it must be a nightmare to try and defend against the pace/placement of Wallace and guile and skills of WIllock in tandem.

Great footage of Willock's goal/celebrations from high up above the away end to the left of of where our fans were...

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 09:40 - Jan 3 with 2165 viewsCamberleyR

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 19:42 - Jan 2 by gazza1

The first half today he was far better and done pretty well......was that because he was 'the man' in CM because of SJ absence?? Did not think he did as well in the 2nd half though.

As for Albert, pestered the B'ham players all day and I was overall pleased with him. Took his goal very well.

Another snide dig at Field I see. Field has not had a pre-season, just like Willock did not have last season. Players that don't have a pre-season it takes far longer to get up to full speed once they start playing in the team, they're in effect using these games as their pre-season work.

At this point last season you were saying Willock wasn't worth his place in the team and I predict your comments about Field will look equally embarrassing in 6-12 months from now.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 09:50 - Jan 3 with 2126 viewsdaveB

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 19:42 - Jan 2 by gazza1

he's only started 2/3 games at most since coming back from injury, think he's been fine so far
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 09:52 - Jan 3 with 2098 viewsgazza1

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 09:40 - Jan 3 by CamberleyR

Another snide dig at Field I see. Field has not had a pre-season, just like Willock did not have last season. Players that don't have a pre-season it takes far longer to get up to full speed once they start playing in the team, they're in effect using these games as their pre-season work.

At this point last season you were saying Willock wasn't worth his place in the team and I predict your comments about Field will look equally embarrassing in 6-12 months from now.

No not at all......nothing snide about my comments - just the truth. Field has been pretty average since his return, improved in the first half yesterday. Use whatever excuses you like about why he has not done too well but by your comments you agree that he has been not good at all by making excuses for him. We will see how good Field is over the coming weeks/months, atm, he is 'at best' OK.

Re Willock, he was not worth his place in the Team when he arrived at the Club and quite rightly, he has improved massively and if you cannot see that then it really does not surprise me at all - you rarely can. Like it or not his form has dipped a lot in recent games. Again, you are probably blind to that as well. Wasn't at his best yesterday, but, as I said, the goal was brilliant and nobody on the field could have scored one like it.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 9:54]
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 12:37 - Jan 3 with 1841 viewsPinnerPaul

The ball TO Willock from Field deserves a shout as well.
Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 12:51 - Jan 3 with 1784 viewsParkRoyalR

Albert Adomah & Chris Willock on 09:50 - Jan 3 by daveB

he's only started 2/3 games at most since coming back from injury, think he's been fine so far

Field as a defensive midfielder seems to play at least 10 yards further up the pitch than say Ball who for me was playing too close to the centre backs.

Maybe down to Fields greater athleticism but that space was a key area of weakness earlier in the season which he (and Amos) now seem to be infilling.

Most impressed with his 30 yards full pelt sprint in injury time to press their left full back and put pressure on him not allowing him to advance and cross into the box, small margins but that effort really make a difference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024