Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antonio German 16:10 - Jan 14 with 3531 viewstoboboly

I know we love a thread about an ex-player so look what happened today;

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Antonio German on 16:28 - Jan 14 with 3430 viewseastside_r

International clearance? He was born in Park Royal. They do know that German is just his name not his nationality.
Antonio German on 16:34 - Jan 14 with 3392 viewsBucksRanger

Amazing number of clubs he's played for. Didn't know he'd played for Grenada either.
Antonio German on 17:07 - Jan 14 with 3227 viewspaulhoop2

Always felt sorry for him . Was supposed to be the new paquette.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Antonio German on 17:15 - Jan 14 with 3180 viewsWestbourneR

Antonio German on 17:07 - Jan 14 by paulhoop2

Lol.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Antonio German on 17:23 - Jan 14 with 3134 viewsMrSheen

Hasn't played for nearly enough clubs yet. Dicky P still going strong at 38, banging them in for fun in the South Midlands League. I always had a soft spot for him, partly because the rage machine a few seats down at the time hated him so much.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Pacquette
Fun to see that the team he has played for most is the one he joined at 35.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 17:25]
Antonio German on 17:31 - Jan 14 with 3092 viewsBrazilNutR

Amazing number of clubs he has played less than 10 games for...
19 clubs in 11 years! 16 clubs he played less than 10 games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_German
Antonio German on 18:23 - Jan 14 with 2999 viewspaulhoop2

This is a nice thread . I follow Leroy Griffiths on Twitter takes me back when hearing these old names.

Antonio German on 18:48 - Jan 14 with 2885 viewsstainrods_elbow

Trouble is the original Pacquette wasn't up to too much, for whom 'nomadic' hardly begins to cover it. Now playing semi-professionally at aged 38 for Harefield United, for whom he's scored lots of goals, so he's obviously finally found his level. Prior to that, he played for an unbelievable THIRTY FIVE clubs including us, unless I've miscounted from his Wiki page, including three spells at Maidenhead United, plus 7 apps (and 1 goal) for the Met Police - possibly as a migrant worker on day release from the cells.

Mr German, meanwhile, has managed no fewer than 130 games (19 goals) in 11 years since he left us. Recently turned out for another police outfit, the 'well known' RMPFC, aka Royal Malaysia Police Football Club, in Kuala Lumpur, the capacity of whose ground , incidentally, is the same as HQ, though it's apparently prettier.

[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 18:50]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Antonio German on 19:07 - Jan 14 with 2820 viewsterryb

Antonio German on 16:28 - Jan 14 by eastside_r

International clearance? He was born in Park Royal. They do know that German is just his name not his nationality.

This has nothing to do with international clearance.

It is required if his last club plays outside of England, including the rest of the UK. It is basically required to show that the player is not in debt to his previous club or national association.

Queens Park Rangers have to obtain clearance if they sign a player from Swansea or Cardiff & had to for signing Dykes, Wallace & Kelly.
Antonio German on 19:15 - Jan 14 with 2776 viewsHerzog

Pacquette scored the winner in a game at Plymouth that made my day. I think that was when Brett Angell nearly scored a wonder goal but it hit the post or the bar.
Antonio German on 19:24 - Jan 14 with 2753 viewskensalriser

Antonio German on 19:15 - Jan 14 by Herzog

Pacquette scored the winner in a game at Plymouth that made my day. I think that was when Brett Angell nearly scored a wonder goal but it hit the post or the bar.

I would have counted any Brett Angell goal as a wonder goal.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Antonio German on 19:32 - Jan 14 with 2721 viewsqueensparker

Doudou is on Twitter as well. Little fella seems well
Antonio German on 20:00 - Jan 14 with 2666 viewsLogman

'imposing striker' = he's put on a few pounds
Antonio German on 20:26 - Jan 14 with 2604 viewspaulhoop2

As we are talking about “legends “ lol what ever happened to Hamid Barr and Ben Walshe lol

Antonio German on 22:48 - Jan 14 with 2412 viewsBoston

Antonio German on 16:34 - Jan 14 by BucksRanger

Amazing number of clubs he's played for. Didn't know he'd played for Grenada either.

If you play in goal for that country, you're a handgrenada.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Antonio German on 02:41 - Jan 15 with 2267 viewsnadera78

Antonio German on 20:26 - Jan 14 by paulhoop2

As we are talking about “legends “ lol what ever happened to Hamid Barr and Ben Walshe lol

Walshe left us to become an actor, after being an extra in one of those TV football shows. Never worked out. Now works in recruitment in Switzerland.
Antonio German on 03:08 - Jan 15 with 2255 viewsMatch82

Antonio German on 20:00 - Jan 14 by Logman

'imposing striker' = he's put on a few pounds

I was going to say, that feels like quite a backhand compliment! Strange way of welcoming the new signing!
Antonio German on 09:27 - Jan 15 with 2112 viewsSK_hoops

Antonio German on 19:15 - Jan 14 by Herzog

I remember that. Would have been an absolute screamer.
Antonio German on 10:02 - Jan 15 with 2044 viewsgazza1

I can understand a thread about Eze but to have one for German.........he was rank bad professional footballer - useless.
Antonio German on 12:22 - Jan 15 with 1901 viewsdanehoop

Antonio German on 10:02 - Jan 15 by gazza1

I can understand a thread about Eze but to have one for German.........he was rank bad professional footballer - useless.

German had potential at an early age and was clearly seen as a capable footballer, but not sufficiently so to perform at a higher level. That he has managed to carve out a career as a footballer, scoring goals in the UK and around the world and played internationally would indicate that he had sufficient skills and ability to not be classed as "rank bad professional footballer - useless."

Now I on the other hand, overweight in my 50's with dodgy knees , the turning circle of a sinking battleship and a turn of speed best described as "slightly below average" even in my prime, could fairly be called "rank bad professional footballer - useless."

Never knowingly understood

Antonio German on 12:44 - Jan 15 with 1863 viewsDixie_CT

I give to you, Reneil St Aubin "Ricky" Sappleton

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Sappleton
Antonio German on 13:38 - Jan 15 with 1784 viewsgazza1

Antonio German on 12:22 - Jan 15 by danehoop

German had potential at an early age and was clearly seen as a capable footballer, but not sufficiently so to perform at a higher level. That he has managed to carve out a career as a footballer, scoring goals in the UK and around the world and played internationally would indicate that he had sufficient skills and ability to not be classed as "rank bad professional footballer - useless."

Now I on the other hand, overweight in my 50's with dodgy knees , the turning circle of a sinking battleship and a turn of speed best described as "slightly below average" even in my prime, could fairly be called "rank bad professional footballer - useless."

Well Dane.....potential!!!, what potential??? He was poor and a lucky man to classed as a pro. Done basically nothing, moved from Club to Club, all of them pretty average type clubs just like we were back several years ago.

How you can even think that he was any better than 'useless' I will never know.

The Clubs that he has played for t a young lad in his 20's tells you the full story.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 21:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024