Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OVER-ACHIEVING. 18:23 - Jan 16 with 2638 viewsT_Block

Convinced myself rangers were over-achieving and expected to lose yesterday.But with an almost full-team ,without injuries we have a good chance of the play-offs.Apart from Fulham it is clear the Championship lacks potential 'competitive premier league standard clubs.So even with our faults we are ,in my opinion competitive.Bournemouth ,Fulham,West Brom,and now Forest all can spend millions but somehow Warburton has found a way.The fans are proud of this team and it costs nothing.
Looking dispassionately we lack a top top striker.Dykes is still learning really and his style of forward is a dieing breed.Opposition teams do not fear our team for pace.Ourleft and right backs (both superb yesterday) will not be playing in three years time in the premiership.So clearly we are one/two years away from having a potential top league side.Stefan cannot play many more seasons.
Is this defence good enough?

They could go up.Its scary but not beyond the bounds of possibility.Remember that other 89th minute goal

Instinct says keep this side ,use the year as an education, buy young with potential ,keep the money

Older wiser heads in the fan base need to argue the case......

I am interested in what people think

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:33 - Jan 16 with 2551 viewsBoston

I think we'll be in the Play Off Final, though winning scares me almost as much as losing because I probably won't recognize or be able to pronounce the names of the squad we turn out next year. Still, what are we competing for, it's certainly better than successfully avoiding relegation or the mid table cup.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 18:59]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:35 - Jan 16 with 2525 viewsBlackCrowe

I agree with your point that we lack pace...it narrows our attacking options quite a lot.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:36 - Jan 16 with 2521 viewsLogman

We need to go for it this season without spending beyond our means or blowing the wage structure in the January transfer window.

You never know what can happen in football. Miss out this year, Warburton is poached by a Watford/West Brom and we are unlikely to be flying so high for a while and could be looking down again.

Therefore we must go for it this season with as best we can get in January within our means so that if we miss out we don"t shoot ourselves in the feet.
OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:39 - Jan 16 with 2502 viewsessextaxiboy

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:33 - Jan 16 by Boston

I think we'll be in the Play Off Final, though winning scares me almost as much as losing because I probably won't recognize or be able to pronounce the names of the squad we turn out next year. Still, what are we competing for, it's certainly better than successfully avoiding relegation or the mid table cup.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 18:59]

IMO if we go up we try to build a very strong Championship level team on decent but not silly money .
Accept that the season will be difficult , we will take some beatings and probably go down .

No need for a fire sale or manager change and try to yo yo back up ...rinse and repeat .
OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:40 - Jan 16 with 2496 viewsdubaistu

I hope he's got a release clause £35m+
OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:47 - Jan 16 with 2461 viewsHastings_Hoops

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:39 - Jan 16 by essextaxiboy

IMO if we go up we try to build a very strong Championship level team on decent but not silly money .
Accept that the season will be difficult , we will take some beatings and probably go down .

No need for a fire sale or manager change and try to yo yo back up ...rinse and repeat .

This was Hoos’ modus operandi at Southampton, Leicester and Burnley… I think he’s gone on record as saying he’ll do the same here if we go up and it’s his decision.

Keep this team together with improved contracts and relegation clauses, add some other hungry young players and enjoy the following season once relegated with a stronger team for a second bite of the cherry and improved infrastructure.
OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:47 - Jan 16 with 2458 viewsDWQPR

I think that there is no danger of Warburton walking to a ‘bigger’ job. Those two clubs mentioned are basket cases when it comes to management and he does not need the money. I think he has found his perfect fit at QPR and I feel that his enjoyment other than seeing what is happening now is developing younger players to a point that we have a great team to watch or to sell on for a good profit.

The turnaround of the club in three years from the McClaren season is huge, youth players developed into good quality first teamers, a record sale for a player and good use of the funds in terms of reinvestment, great football being played and a genuine chance of promotion. And winning away games as an expectation. I don’t think any of us would have predicted this three years back.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:52 - Jan 16 with 2402 viewsHastings_Hoops

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:47 - Jan 16 by DWQPR

I think that there is no danger of Warburton walking to a ‘bigger’ job. Those two clubs mentioned are basket cases when it comes to management and he does not need the money. I think he has found his perfect fit at QPR and I feel that his enjoyment other than seeing what is happening now is developing younger players to a point that we have a great team to watch or to sell on for a good profit.

The turnaround of the club in three years from the McClaren season is huge, youth players developed into good quality first teamers, a record sale for a player and good use of the funds in terms of reinvestment, great football being played and a genuine chance of promotion. And winning away games as an expectation. I don’t think any of us would have predicted this three years back.

As you say warbs doesn’t need the money and I think he knows that he’s found the perfect fit for his personal challenge - ferdinand / hoos / Amit & Ruben - all on the same page. Why would he leave and lose that?
Login to get fewer ads

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 20:23 - Jan 16 with 2130 viewsgazza1

No we are not over achieving both on & off the pitch.....excellent guys running the club off the field and in MW and his team we have 'proper' management of the footballers. Our vision for the future is good as well. Moving onto the players.....some very good players in the squad, all fully focused, great team work.

Proper decent set-up after a few years of going wrong!!!!

We have every chance of getting into the play-offs and with a couple of signings in this window we could do even better.....bit of luck as well will be required.
OVER-ACHIEVING. on 22:05 - Jan 16 with 1955 viewsT_Block

Thanks -i go with Essex and Hastings.If I were Hoos and co I would make it clear that the boys who get us up get a chance to play.The older ones would understand if a few upgrades were made.

As you say younger ones get better contracts.
OVER-ACHIEVING. on 10:47 - Jan 17 with 1636 viewsBklynRanger

If I'd had to guess I would've said the McLaren 'era' was more than 3 years ago, so yes, that's quite some turnaround over that time.

For us even to need to mull over whether that defence could handle the league above is quite amazing really - with other defences we spent so long knowing that none of them could, in between poking pins in our various vodoo dolls of defenders who couldn't give a shit, or where rubbish.

I think they might be good enough for the ambition set out by the OP, yeah. If we could retain Barbet and bring in maybe one other quality CB. Right back would need addressed - Albert has been great but I can't see it working for him at RWB if we went up. And Lee Wallace would have fully deserved his chance, but knows himself that we'd need to have another option available too.

For the rest of this season I think they're probably at this moment trying to get in that pace that we all know we lack. Saturday's result won't have hurt with recruitment. I saw Keshi Anderson at Blackpool mentioned earlier last week by one poster on here, but also saw Warbs lamenting teams trying to hold us over a barrel, so should be interesting who we end up with.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 10:55]
OVER-ACHIEVING. on 11:07 - Jan 17 with 1596 viewsderbyhoop

If we have the opportunity to go up, whichever way, we grab it with both hands.
Given the ages of Albert, Wallace, Charlie and SJ, we would need additions, who can add pace to the side. And you'd be looking at a 50m+ spend.
The central defence of Dickie, Dunne and Barbet would be competitive but not convinced about going forward.

We'd probably come straight back down, but the monies available, used wisely, could set us up for another go a year later.

On top of that I'd get my 25% bonus on the QPR bond!!!!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 12:47 - Jan 17 with 1513 viewsgazza1

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 11:07 - Jan 17 by derbyhoop

If we have the opportunity to go up, whichever way, we grab it with both hands.
Given the ages of Albert, Wallace, Charlie and SJ, we would need additions, who can add pace to the side. And you'd be looking at a 50m+ spend.
The central defence of Dickie, Dunne and Barbet would be competitive but not convinced about going forward.

We'd probably come straight back down, but the monies available, used wisely, could set us up for another go a year later.

On top of that I'd get my 25% bonus on the QPR bond!!!!

We certainly do not have enough pace in the side......and I concur that we would need more attacking type players and a 'proper' CF. It will cost a few bob but we would be getting a few bob as well.

If we left it to the Team we currently have then it would not make good viewing and much fun from our prospective, for sure, so I would expect at least 4/5 good signing to be brought in.
OVER-ACHIEVING. on 17:51 - Jan 17 with 1389 viewsT_Block

4 or 5 ?.NO NO NO we made that mistake last time.What I am saying is ,at most 3 ie a lightening quick striker who can finish.Plus a new left and right-back.

That's it take the 4-0 loses, grit your teeth and slowly build, get relegated keep the money but buy well and carefully players who want to play for us -with no pay days.
OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:46 - Jan 17 with 1332 viewsgazza1

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 17:51 - Jan 17 by T_Block

4 or 5 ?.NO NO NO we made that mistake last time.What I am saying is ,at most 3 ie a lightening quick striker who can finish.Plus a new left and right-back.

That's it take the 4-0 loses, grit your teeth and slowly build, get relegated keep the money but buy well and carefully players who want to play for us -with no pay days.

How many players did we sign this close season and we stayed in the same division???
OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:55 - Jan 17 with 1313 viewsbosh67

It's about keeping the players we have next season, whatever happens. I personally feel we may not be strong enough to get up this season and we'll obviously be battered senseless if we do. But, saying that it would still be a mega achievement. At this level in the Championship, I can only see this squad being better and even being unplayable next season, such is the progress. For me going up next season may actually be better for our hopes of staying up, because I feel we have a squad and some players coming through/maturing that could hold their own at a higher level in a few seasons.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 19:04 - Jan 17 with 1302 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

OVER-ACHIEVING. on 18:39 - Jan 16 by essextaxiboy

This x 100

Don’t get the fans dander up by promising all sorts of bollix. Keep a solid Burnley / Norwich type squad that gets a hiding every now and again, stay up for as long as you can buying young and hungry Champ and League One talents.

Go down with dignity, a larger fan base, and several tens of £millions on top of the parachute payments and repeat until Prem Champions. Might even get a new stadium and training ground paid for in the meantime.
OVER-ACHIEVING. on 19:16 - Jan 17 with 1273 viewsgazza1

No club would go into a new season, after a previous season to remember, expecting to go down with that sort of attitude.....the Club will do everything that they can possibly do to stay in the Premiership.

The good news is that we have more sensible people in senior positions to ensure we do it in the right way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024