Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signings....? 11:51 - Jan 17 with 4946 viewsDoudou87

The rumour mill has gone a bit quiet...?

Wasn't too disappointed missing out on Cook and dropping our interest in Palmer, just hoping MW surprises us with some astute recruitment. Seeing as we are in such a strong position in the league it would be an opportunity wasted to not strengthen our squad depth. Preferably using the loan market, I liked the look of Ryan Giles and Dion Sanderson of Wolves. Not sure the later is available due to covering AFCON attendees.

I'm sure we will be linked with a few ex MW players before the window shuts. Harlee Dean for example! Really hope this stays a rumour.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Signings....? on 13:29 - Jan 17 with 3771 viewsStainrod

Judging by MW's post-match interview, there is nothing imminent.

Disappointed to miss out on the Spurs lad (if we were in for him), if it is just about getting in some donkey that like Birmingham centre half not sure it would be worth it.
Signings....? on 13:53 - Jan 17 with 3688 viewsMancR

Not sure we really need much. Our bench looks strong and Chair is having a lovely mid-winter break. We've got players coming back from injury soon like Moses and McCallum, as well as Afcon players. Our strikers are being nicely rotated too. Might change my tune with a couple of injuries and suspensions
Signings....? on 14:04 - Jan 17 with 3609 viewsDoudou87

Depends on the extent of Jory's injury but MW doesn't sound convinced he is reliable cover for CB, which leaves Ball and Field who have played at CB before. I also think another creative attacker is needed for an off the bench role and to cover Chair and Wilock.

Real shame about missing out on Dilan Markanday, with our Tottenham connections and the potential resale value thought he'd have been an ideal signing.

Look forward to the click bait in the coming days!

Signings....? on 14:08 - Jan 17 with 3581 viewsbosh67

I think they will assess De Wijs and see if Barbet is staying for the remainder of the season, and then either stick with Masterson or look for another experienced CB. My feeling is that De Wijs's injury is severe enough for them to possibly have to cover him.

Great shame with De Wijs but it does look as though he is, for want of a better word, 'crocked' on a fairly longterm basis. Will be interesting to see if they retain him or come to some termination of contract agreement with him at the end of the season.

If I was in charge of things I would be doing whatever I could to retain Barbet for another season or so, but if his plan is to bring his family up on France then not much we could do but to wish him well. He's going to be a huge loss if he does leave.

Other than CB we look reasonably well covered, unless we need LB cover.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Signings....? on 14:18 - Jan 17 with 3535 viewsEsox_Lucius

RWB Festy Ebosele at Derby could well be worth taking a chance on when their fire sale starts. Only 19 too.

The grass is always greener.

Signings....? on 14:37 - Jan 17 with 3437 viewsMancR

Signings....? on 14:18 - Jan 17 by Esox_Lucius

RWB Festy Ebosele at Derby could well be worth taking a chance on when their fire sale starts. Only 19 too.

Think this kid could premier league bound. What a prospect
Signings....? on 14:37 - Jan 17 with 3436 viewsHAYESBOY

The two I would have liked were Ryan Giles on loan and perm signing of Dilan Markanday.

Giles a left wingback and Markanday anywhere across the filed behind the stikers.

WB seems to be in for a CB though as a priority. Still think if we need another CB we have Masterson as cover.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Signings....? on 14:51 - Jan 17 with 3356 viewsPinnerPaul

Signings....? on 13:53 - Jan 17 by MancR

Not sure we really need much. Our bench looks strong and Chair is having a lovely mid-winter break. We've got players coming back from injury soon like Moses and McCallum, as well as Afcon players. Our strikers are being nicely rotated too. Might change my tune with a couple of injuries and suspensions

De Wijs ahead of McCullum MW said last week.
Login to get fewer ads

Signings....? on 15:22 - Jan 17 with 3249 viewsDoudou87

Can we include Sinclair Armstrong as a squad player now or will he be sent out on loan again OR if it’s not complete nonsense sold to Man City.

Signings....? on 21:13 - Jan 17 with 2955 viewsDavieQPR

Signings....? on 15:22 - Jan 17 by Doudou87

Can we include Sinclair Armstrong as a squad player now or will he be sent out on loan again OR if it’s not complete nonsense sold to Man City.

As he is U23 he does not have to be included in the Squad to be eligible to play. But he is no where near Championship standard yet. He had 6 and 2 subs out of 12 possible games for Torquay.
Signings....? on 21:33 - Jan 17 with 2847 viewsdmm

Just mentioned on the Jordy thread that Warburton has already said he wants Masterson out on another loan for the rest of the season.

With Warburton insisting we need another CB it would appear he doesn't trust de Wijs to stay fit.

So far Harlee Dean appears to be the most possible but given most people's responses to Dean I'm hoping they've got another player in mind.
Signings....? on 21:41 - Jan 17 with 2811 viewsbosh67

Signings....? on 21:33 - Jan 17 by dmm

Just mentioned on the Jordy thread that Warburton has already said he wants Masterson out on another loan for the rest of the season.

With Warburton insisting we need another CB it would appear he doesn't trust de Wijs to stay fit.

So far Harlee Dean appears to be the most possible but given most people's responses to Dean I'm hoping they've got another player in mind.

Dean is pretty good actually.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Signings....? on 21:45 - Jan 17 with 2798 viewsMaggsinho

Signings....? on 21:41 - Jan 17 by bosh67

Dean is pretty good actually.

Voted the player of the season at Birmingham last season.
Signings....? on 22:37 - Jan 17 with 2625 viewsRBlock

Been banging the Festy drum for a while, meant to be unreal. Would love him here. Derby have some great young players
Signings....? on 23:11 - Jan 17 with 2521 viewsdubaistu

Great shout, also Isaiah Jones before Boro turned it around
Signings....? on 00:33 - Jan 18 with 2390 viewsPeterHucker

talking to the Coventry fans in my family who went to Peterborough on Saturday, they said Dembele looked good again.
He'd be a great signing as another option for the Chair / Willock role.

But I think the priority is to get in a bit of extra cover at centre back because at the moment if any of our 3 get an injury we're a bit short.
Signings....? on 07:16 - Jan 18 with 2149 viewsRBlock

Signings....? on 00:33 - Jan 18 by PeterHucker

talking to the Coventry fans in my family who went to Peterborough on Saturday, they said Dembele looked good again.
He'd be a great signing as another option for the Chair / Willock role.

But I think the priority is to get in a bit of extra cover at centre back because at the moment if any of our 3 get an injury we're a bit short.

He's out of contract in the summer as well, IIRC. Could be a great addition on the cheap (although wage demands will be high, as I bet he's got a load of options), and we know Warburton was looking for cover in that area.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 7:17]
Signings....? on 08:19 - Jan 18 with 1960 viewsjohnhoop

Think it would really help our prospects of staying in the top six if we were able to sign a striker with a bit of pace to get in behind defences because there just isn’t any pace in the team at the moment. I realise it’s like looking for gold dust and our only realistic chance would be an astute loan signing but if we could somehow miraculously find a player with that attribute it would make it far harder for teams to defend against us.
Signings....? on 08:38 - Jan 18 with 1893 viewsgazza1

I did like the Blackpool RB.....looked decent player going forward and defensively, appeared to have some pace. Only seen him once but looked impressive. Can't recall his name.
Signings....? on 08:45 - Jan 18 with 1861 viewsenfieldargh

Signings....? on 08:38 - Jan 18 by gazza1

I did like the Blackpool RB.....looked decent player going forward and defensively, appeared to have some pace. Only seen him once but looked impressive. Can't recall his name.

Gabriel?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Signings....? on 08:47 - Jan 18 with 1857 viewsdmm

Signings....? on 08:19 - Jan 18 by johnhoop

Think it would really help our prospects of staying in the top six if we were able to sign a striker with a bit of pace to get in behind defences because there just isn’t any pace in the team at the moment. I realise it’s like looking for gold dust and our only realistic chance would be an astute loan signing but if we could somehow miraculously find a player with that attribute it would make it far harder for teams to defend against us.

Pace is why Gray was signed. He's not rapid but quick enough to worry most Championship defences. Now, if he could only finish a bit better...
Signings....? on 09:16 - Jan 18 with 1752 viewsBlue_Castello

Signings....? on 08:47 - Jan 18 by dmm

Pace is why Gray was signed. He's not rapid but quick enough to worry most Championship defences. Now, if he could only finish a bit better...

Mmm not rapid bit of an understatement, he said himself in an interview he wasn't fit enough a few weeks ago, that I found a bit surprising but he's definitely not the pacy forward we need to stretch defences and make them think twice about playing a high line......
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 9:34]
Signings....? on 10:08 - Jan 18 with 1538 viewsgazza1

Gray has lost his pace somewhere or other!!!!
Signings....? on 10:41 - Jan 18 with 1458 viewsBklynRanger

According to Warbo the quickest player at the club is Moses. I'd like to have seen that a bit more when he plays but he does look rapid when warming up I must say.

I've yet to see an example of Gray beating anyone for pace, not that I remember at least. I'm not sure he even tries to play like that these days.

But saying that we obviously don't just want pace for the sake of it, they need to have a clue as well so it's a big ask to get someone that good without throwing money at it that we don't have.
Signings....? on 11:21 - Jan 18 with 1349 viewsLongsufferingR

Being linked with Sanderson, the Wolves defender who was on loan at Birmingham. Looked like he was carrying the rest of the team when we played there a couple of weeks ago, so would be a good addition.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024