Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. 09:09 - Jan 20 with 11388 viewsBostonR

I have a confession - I went to the game last night with a mate (who is a Man Utd fan).

On the game, Brentford played well in the first halve and had some decent chances. In the second halve Utd strolled through them. Brentford looked out on their feet. They can play, but at this level their defence is a mess and would be in the Championship.

The thing that surprised me the most, was the huge amount of Man Utd fans/tourists that were dotted around the ground. I see the attendance was circa 17,000, but there had to be 3/4000 away fans in that ground. It ruined the atmosphere and I have no idea how the Brentford ticketing system works, but if I were a Brentford ST holder I would be furious!

If we do make the promised land, I hope LR remains a fortress. Brentford have got it all wrong and I was surprised there was no trouble last night.

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:21 - Jan 20 with 6838 viewsstowmarketrange

It used to be the same at our place when we were in the premier league in the 90’s,as we always seemed to have Man Utd and Liverpool fans dotted around the home stands.I don’t remember it happening too often in our recent forays in the promised land.

In Brentford’s case,I guess it’s difficult to suddenly find 5,000 extra fans committed to every game,so some people might have bought season tickets as an investment,knowing that they can sell their seats for the big games at sky high prices.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:31 - Jan 20 with 6777 viewstoboboly

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:21 - Jan 20 by stowmarketrange

It used to be the same at our place when we were in the premier league in the 90’s,as we always seemed to have Man Utd and Liverpool fans dotted around the home stands.I don’t remember it happening too often in our recent forays in the promised land.

In Brentford’s case,I guess it’s difficult to suddenly find 5,000 extra fans committed to every game,so some people might have bought season tickets as an investment,knowing that they can sell their seats for the big games at sky high prices.

Not just the 90's, I remember ticket touts at games for the first time in the 2010's and lots of non-QPR buying up in the home end.

edit - to the OP you should feel ashamed, do 50 hell mary's and have a hot shower.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 9:32]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:47 - Jan 20 with 6714 viewsNW5Hoop

I can remember United fans in the Lower Loft and no one doing a thing about it
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:47 - Jan 20 with 6715 viewsBostonR

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:31 - Jan 20 by toboboly

Not just the 90's, I remember ticket touts at games for the first time in the 2010's and lots of non-QPR buying up in the home end.

edit - to the OP you should feel ashamed, do 50 hell mary's and have a hot shower.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 9:32]

I note the penance!

Have to say their stadium is shite! Give me a cramped, rundown and noisy LR any day.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:54 - Jan 20 with 6688 viewsNorthernr

Begrudging respect to Man Utd for recovering from that 2-0 half time deficit.

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 10:03 - Jan 20 with 6633 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It was damn unsporting of the interviewer to mention the three goals that Man Utd scored.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 10:06 - Jan 20 with 6599 viewsTheChef

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:54 - Jan 20 by Northernr

Ah that's cleared that one up then. What a win for Brentford!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 10:06 - Jan 20 with 6594 viewsstowmarketrange

Just hand them the premier league title now.What a plum.
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 10:09 - Jan 20 with 6570 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 10:06 - Jan 20 by stowmarketrange

Just hand them the premier league title now.What a plum.

It will look well beside the Justice League Trophy.

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 10:09 - Jan 20 with 6574 viewsslmrstid

Best side Man United have played all season!
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 10:21 - Jan 20 with 6492 viewsRs_Holy

wonder where he gets his hair cut??? ... Must ensure I never go there!
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 10:28 - Jan 20 with 6425 viewssilky

I'll confess, I actually like the way Brentford are having a go at it but the one thing I can't stand is their manager!
What a self centered idiot.

Ralph on the other hand was so articulate and made such common sense on the Ronaldo sub. Very rare to hear someone so open to the issues the media probe for. Absolute class for them. Hate Utd though. I fear if they keep him and give him time he might actually be what Utd need.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 10:28 - Jan 20 with 6420 viewsBostonR

Delusional!

Yes, Brentford had chances given Utd were so poor in the first halve.

In the second halve, Brentford were awful. Tactically annihilated, awful defending and really unfit.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 10:48 - Jan 20 with 6259 viewsdaveB

I can't stand Thomas Frank. Always comes across as a right arrogant prat
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 11:02 - Jan 20 with 6174 viewsParkRoyalR

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:47 - Jan 20 by NW5Hoop

Not surprised as the Lower Loft hasn't been the home-end in a traditional sense since they demolished the original Loft - always been an end for the purists as opposed to the old West Paddock, South Africa Upper A Block etc
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 11:41 - Jan 20 with 5994 viewsquickpassrotter

Shouldn't the EPL award Brentford at least a point for being ahead at half time having smashed ManU. Seems reasonable.

Sorry mate - you created chances and didn't take any of them. Grow up will you. Extraordinary - but it's what we have come to expect from him.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 11:49 - Jan 20 with 5933 viewsNorthernr

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 11:02 - Jan 20 by ParkRoyalR

Not surprised as the Lower Loft hasn't been the home-end in a traditional sense since they demolished the original Loft - always been an end for the purists as opposed to the old West Paddock, South Africa Upper A Block etc

My recollection as a kid in the early 90s was Lower Loft and Ellerslie Road was a bit of a free for all with Man Utd H, and Ellerslie was when Chelsea were at ours. Then around sort of 94/95 time people got fed up with it and they started clamping down and strictly enforcing home fans only, which is how it's been ever since. But I definitely remember Paul Ince scoring at the Loft End and there were cnts openly celebrating it all over the Lower Loft.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 12:10 - Jan 20 with 5796 viewspaulhoop2

Thing is if you have bought a ticket previously you are on the data base therefor have previous ticketing history so you can in theory get a ticket if a said United or whoever fan.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 12:11 - Jan 20 with 5789 viewsMrSheen

I was in the Hammersmith End atFulham when they played Liverpool the year they just missed the title. Gerrard took a corner in front of us and hundreds of people stood up around us to take a picture on their phones. The old boys with us went bananas
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 12:51 - Jan 20 with 5589 viewsParkRoyalR

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 11:49 - Jan 20 by Northernr

My recollection as a kid in the early 90s was Lower Loft and Ellerslie Road was a bit of a free for all with Man Utd H, and Ellerslie was when Chelsea were at ours. Then around sort of 94/95 time people got fed up with it and they started clamping down and strictly enforcing home fans only, which is how it's been ever since. But I definitely remember Paul Ince scoring at the Loft End and there were cnts openly celebrating it all over the Lower Loft.

Agree, far fewer season ticket holders in those days and majority walked up and paid at the turnstile, hence difficulty in vetting / segregating - Ellerslie was always the stand with spare tickets in those days so plenty of London based United and friends of friends in that stand
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 12:54 - Jan 20 with 5535 viewsBklynRanger

Thomas Frank knoooows all that crap about scoring more goals than the other team and how the game is actually two halfs, not one, which is in fact why they're called halfs.

He even knoooows about the points system: what is it 4 points for a delusional loss, 3 points for a win, something like that.

Anyway he knoooows all of that crap which is why he's immensely proud to have captured all 4 points.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:00 - Jan 20 with 5456 viewsflynnbo

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 09:47 - Jan 20 by NW5Hoop

I recall two Man Utd fans in the Lower Loft in the 1990s. One Rangers fan had had enough and went over and smacked one of them right in the mouth from behind. They made a swift exit with blood pouring from his face.
Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:13 - Jan 20 with 5361 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 12:54 - Jan 20 by BklynRanger

Thomas Frank knoooows all that crap about scoring more goals than the other team and how the game is actually two halfs, not one, which is in fact why they're called halfs.

He even knoooows about the points system: what is it 4 points for a delusional loss, 3 points for a win, something like that.

Anyway he knoooows all of that crap which is why he's immensely proud to have captured all 4 points.

It's the sycophancy of the interviewer that actually allows Frank to continue with his delusion and results in the hilarity.

I love the way the second half and the three goals conceded are a mere afterthought, barely worth a mention.

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:16 - Jan 20 with 5336 viewsKonk

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 12:11 - Jan 20 by MrSheen

I was in the Hammersmith End atFulham when they played Liverpool the year they just missed the title. Gerrard took a corner in front of us and hundreds of people stood up around us to take a picture on their phones. The old boys with us went bananas

It was pretty much the same whenever we played Man Utd or Liverpool. It will be off the scale once the new Riverside opens, as I would expect ticket prices to be seriously high. We’re charging £45 for central seats in the Johnny Haynes stand this season, against the likes of Birmingham, and I think up to £50 when we played Bournemouth, with barely any concession for pensioners and kids. Cheapest tickets are £30 and you pay an extra fiver if you book on the day too. Our walk-up prices have been too high for years and I’m guessing the Riverside will be largely full of tourists and away fans whenever we play one of the 7-8 biggest clubs. Club seem happy to have seats filled and aren’t bothered whether it’s by Fulham fans or not. Very short term policy.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:24 - Jan 20 with 5236 viewskernowhoop

Brentford v Man Utd Fans. on 13:00 - Jan 20 by flynnbo

I recall two Man Utd fans in the Lower Loft in the 1990s. One Rangers fan had had enough and went over and smacked one of them right in the mouth from behind. They made a swift exit with blood pouring from his face.

It sounds like a rather awkward blow to have struck, but not one that brings any credit to the club or the individual concerned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024