Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) 10:30 - Jan 24 with 1773 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thought Onouha would have been right on it but wasn't.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 10:31]
QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 10:43 - Jan 24 with 1731 viewsderbyhoop

Intelligent guy.
I could imagine him doing media work, but football management come with too much risk.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 10:46 - Jan 24 with 1721 viewsRs_Holy

Clint Hill
QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 11:08 - Jan 24 with 1675 viewsrobith

I often get a little bit of the impression that Chief's playing career has left him a tad cynical about the "industry"
QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 11:35 - Jan 24 with 1608 viewsTacticalR

You have to be driven to be a manager. I get the impression Onuoha is too sceptical/detached to play that role. Plus like most Premiership footballers he must have earned enough money to not have to do any work that is a hassle.

Maybe he could be a youth coach and decide if he wants to go on from there.

Air hostess clique

QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 11:59 - Jan 24 with 1560 viewsTomS

Steve Palmer was an excellent captain, who could have had a successful career as a manager. In fairness, not many Cambridge graduates go down that career path but I think he is, or certainly was, employed by the Premier League in a performance management role.
QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 12:08 - Jan 24 with 1535 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Surprised Terry Fenwick was not successful as a manager in England although Terry has been very successful in Trinidad and Tobago
QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 12:19 - Jan 24 with 1510 viewsTacticalR

My comments on Onuoha's LFW interview at the end of 2020:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/266442/4040287/ne

Air hostess clique

QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 12:42 - Jan 24 with 1455 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dowie obviously was a manager, and still holds our record Win % I believe, but I can't believe with his temperament and connections he's not done more.

There must be a golden window between too stupid to do the job, and too clever to do the job.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 13:05 - Jan 24 with 1401 viewsBucksRanger

"There must be a golden window between too stupid to do the job, and too clever to do the job."

I'd choose Toni Leistner for the gap you so eloquently describe, Bazza.

Toni always displayed absolute determination to win every ball on the pitch and a charming personality towards young R's fans.

If Toni ever goes into management that determination and personality should be a bedrock on which to build a successful career.
QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 00:19 - Jan 26 with 1184 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Small matter of getting through his playing career first but Ryan Manning?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 03:08 - Jan 26 with 1129 viewsBenny_the_Ball

QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 00:19 - Jan 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

Small matter of getting through his playing career first but Ryan Manning?

LOL. You must be joking.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 3:10]
QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 03:12 - Jan 26 with 1126 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Onuoha is too laid back and lacks leadership qualities to be a manager. He's perfect for punditry so I'm not surprised at all to see him move into this.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 3:13]
QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 07:26 - Jan 26 with 1097 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 03:12 - Jan 26 by Benny_the_Ball

Onuoha is too laid back and lacks leadership qualities to be a manager. He's perfect for punditry so I'm not surprised at all to see him move into this.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 3:13]

Always thought that lack of leadership qualities (what are they by the way?) was a bit of a smear to be honest.

Was a decent captain in my opinion.
QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 07:55 - Jan 26 with 1064 viewsnumptydumpty

What about Alan Mcdonald.

Sadly no longer with us, taken way too young.

Also, maybe not recognised as initial foray into management with us did not go well but Ray Wilkins was so respected by most that knew him and was recognised by all as great man for making others feel important. Surprised it never worked out for him.

From same era also Simon Barker. A never say die, giving 110% type of player, could have done well I feel.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 08:17 - Jan 26 with 1047 viewsstevec

Samba Diakite would be interesting to see.
QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 08:18 - Jan 26 with 1049 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Steve Palmer

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 11:45 - Jan 26 with 1003 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR Players Who Should Have Been Managers (But Aren't) (n/t) on 07:55 - Jan 26 by numptydumpty

What about Alan Mcdonald.

Sadly no longer with us, taken way too young.

Also, maybe not recognised as initial foray into management with us did not go well but Ray Wilkins was so respected by most that knew him and was recognised by all as great man for making others feel important. Surprised it never worked out for him.

From same era also Simon Barker. A never say die, giving 110% type of player, could have done well I feel.

Had a stint in Ireland didn't he. I'm surprised it never worked out over here though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024