Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's There For Us. 21:48 - Feb 9 with 7262 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought they were the better team tonight.

But we're up there, competing, and learning.

And not going away.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

It's There For Us. on 21:49 - Feb 9 with 4292 viewsBoston

They were the better team on the night alright☹️

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

It's There For Us. on 21:51 - Feb 9 with 4241 viewsPeterHucker

It's There For Us. on 21:49 - Feb 9 by Boston

They were the better team on the night alright☹️

I'm not sure it was that clear cut.
They were the better team in the first 20 and the last 20 but I'd say we were on top for the rest.
Anyway they're a very good side on a very good run, so a draw is a decent result.
It's There For Us. on 21:53 - Feb 9 with 4201 viewsMick_S

We’re not going away, Brian, but that second half bothered me. We were pressed very well by Boro and didn’t have too many answers going forward as a result of that. We defended/rucked well at the back tonight.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 21:55]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

It's There For Us. on 21:57 - Feb 9 with 4131 viewsRs_Holy

It's There For Us. on 21:53 - Feb 9 by Mick_S

We’re not going away, Brian, but that second half bothered me. We were pressed very well by Boro and didn’t have too many answers going forward as a result of that. We defended/rucked well at the back tonight.

We need to look at that Boro performance in the 2nd half and learn from it. We are a much tougher team than previous years tho and got another result without being at our best.
It's There For Us. on 21:57 - Feb 9 with 4120 viewsdistortR

That's us in this great run though - Bristol City, Coventry, 'Boro have had us on the ropes, but we don't go down.
It's There For Us. on 22:02 - Feb 9 with 4034 viewsManinBlack

I think I must have been the only one who felt we were going through the motions Saturday and playing within ourselves saving ourselves for tonight. I am not sure it worked as we seemed to be the side flagging in the last 25 minutes and it was them who had to play extra time at OT, so I thought we would finish stronger. So much for that.
It's There For Us. on 22:04 - Feb 9 with 3985 viewstraininvain

I think that a couple of different changes (e.g. Amos instead of Gray) and we could’ve stemmed the pressure from Middlesbrough. It’s a learning curve and it’ll leave Warburton with plenty to ponder.
It's There For Us. on 22:13 - Feb 9 with 3867 viewscharmr

Watching tonight and looking at both managers styles. For all Warburtons adhere to play a possession game we don’t when under any pressure in our defensive 3rd and rarely play it out. When Boro got the ball plenty of runners off the ball and had the ball under control in our penalty area so many times. Always kept the ball alive as well in dangerous areas as opposed to going backwards or square which we do.

There pass and move and switching of players positions caused us all sorts of problems enabling them to create so many chances. We tend to sit in formation and play around. We don’t get the ball into their penalty area under control rarely and rely on crossing from wide areas or a piece of magic from an individual. Very impressed with Wilder and always thought it was Sheffield United’s loss.
I know Warburton is a thoughtful manager and takes some of what he saw tonight and applies it to us. A win win.
Login to get fewer ads

It's There For Us. on 22:18 - Feb 9 with 3779 viewsQPRSteve

I thought we were doing well until they wacked Willock early in the second half. He was our main attacking threat up to then, but looked a bit withdrawn after. Thought the ref gave us little all through the match.
It's There For Us. on 22:45 - Feb 9 with 3569 viewsMrSheen

The most important thing was not losing. Barely had a kick after 50 minutes, a relief when Boro declared on about 80 minutes. Positives - Marshall superb, Willock also, another flawless performance from Jimmy, Hendrick looking completely at home.
It's There For Us. on 22:48 - Feb 9 with 3551 viewsStreathamRanger

I thought they played like a side who had just beaten Man United and we played like a team who had just lost to Peterborough. Happy with a point, could have easily lost against a good Boro team. Good old Lumley!
It's There For Us. on 22:52 - Feb 9 with 3499 viewsMrSheen

Isaiah Thomas and Duncan Watmore cracking players, would be happy to have either if we go up and they don’t.
It's There For Us. on 22:53 - Feb 9 with 3488 viewsMyke

Another poor(ish) performance and good (ish) result. We put out what looks like our strongest starting 11, yet were out-played for significant parts of both halves, which is worrying. We have CB's who are strong in the air but do not like it when the ball is on the ground in our box. For both of their goals I was screaming at the telly to clear it ANYWHERE, for several seconds before they scored. To leave the quickest player on his own for goal two was criminal and there were many other occasions when I was having palpitations when the ball was in our box. We don't seem to put the top teams under the same kind of sustained pressure that we are put under.
I am pleased not to lose, to keep Boro at arms length. We are fortunate that Forest, Boro and SU had slow starts because they are all bang on the money right now. That said, we have been very consistent, there or thereabouts all season. Look at WBA, all the way down to 9th now and Blackburn suddenly seem to be faltering too. Need to put Barnsley away on Saturday. If Bournemouth's now start to pull away into 2nd then for me, it is any 4 from Blackburn, Boro, Forest, SU and ourselves.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 22:55]
It's There For Us. on 22:58 - Feb 9 with 3416 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's There For Us. on 22:53 - Feb 9 by Myke

Another poor(ish) performance and good (ish) result. We put out what looks like our strongest starting 11, yet were out-played for significant parts of both halves, which is worrying. We have CB's who are strong in the air but do not like it when the ball is on the ground in our box. For both of their goals I was screaming at the telly to clear it ANYWHERE, for several seconds before they scored. To leave the quickest player on his own for goal two was criminal and there were many other occasions when I was having palpitations when the ball was in our box. We don't seem to put the top teams under the same kind of sustained pressure that we are put under.
I am pleased not to lose, to keep Boro at arms length. We are fortunate that Forest, Boro and SU had slow starts because they are all bang on the money right now. That said, we have been very consistent, there or thereabouts all season. Look at WBA, all the way down to 9th now and Blackburn suddenly seem to be faltering too. Need to put Barnsley away on Saturday. If Bournemouth's now start to pull away into 2nd then for me, it is any 4 from Blackburn, Boro, Forest, SU and ourselves.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 22:55]

'We are fortunate that Forest, Boro and SU had slow starts because they are all bang on the money right now.'

Our points total and average would have us in this position now pretty much regardless of other results though Myke. If they had all won a lot more games it's likely it would have been at the expense of the group in the top 10 now. Maths just doesn't work like that!
I don't think we were poor by any means, although not good. 6/10 performance. Their first goal had a big element of fortune for me, although fully deserved that fortune with the pressure they put us under.

Bare bones.

It's There For Us. on 23:05 - Feb 9 with 3372 viewsRangersw12

Boro and Forest on a crest of a wave but its very unlikely they will be able to maintain it for the next 17 games and will falter like Blackburn and West Brom are doing now

I'm sure they would all rather be in our position than theirs. We're a very good side and have some winnable games coming up.

Keep the faith the R's are going up
It's There For Us. on 23:05 - Feb 9 with 3369 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Definitely pleased with the point, even if the goals we conceded were soft. Not as soft as our second obviously.

Just need to follow up with three points at Barnsley.
It's There For Us. on 23:06 - Feb 9 with 3365 viewsPaddyhoops

Bless old Joanna. He saved our bacon.
Lucky to get a point tonight but we dug in and came out with something.
Lumley had not much to do tonight in comparison to Marshall who was outstanding again!
It's There For Us. on 23:07 - Feb 9 with 3358 viewsted_hendrix

I would like to point out to anybody who's interested that in our last two home games we have scored six goals, yes that's right six bloody goals.
Not often you can say that Is it?

It's in our hands, It's what we do now and for the rest of the season yes it is there for us.

Six bloody goals, If that don't turn you on then you aint got no buttons.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

It's There For Us. on 23:27 - Feb 9 with 3204 viewskensalriser

Last three games I've been to have yielded a loss, two draws and two goals.

Also, tonight was only the fouth time this season I haven't gone for a draw in the prediction competition and most of those were 2-2.

I sure know how to pick 'em.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 23:29]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

It's There For Us. on 23:30 - Feb 9 with 3181 viewsdmm

If we beat Barnsley on Saturday, tonight's result will look okay.

I'm a tad disappointed in the performance and result but really, we can't win every game. In fact, as others have probably already said, that was a game we'd have lost in the past.
It's There For Us. on 23:36 - Feb 9 with 3155 viewsbarbicanranger

I don't think we were at the races today and felt it was more so due to a number of factors, including the way the game flowed (our second goal was weird, they scored just before the break, etc.), breaking Chair back in, players learning and feeling out these clutch fixtures, etc. I don't think Boro dominating the second half or our performance overall needs a huge autopsy.

It seems that in the championship you will come up against these sides that have a huge head of steam from time to time and you step away from the game being grateful for a point. Boro just won at United in the cup and are on a great run, conditions got terrible second half. I'll take the point and move on.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 23:37]
It's There For Us. on 23:46 - Feb 9 with 3083 viewsstrikerace

The thing about us is that we have a lot of attacking quality, and can strike quickly. So even when the opponent is controlling the possession, all it take is one counter and bam we score. This keeps us in matches where we are getting outplayed. Frankly I'm used to being on the other side, the possession team that loses.
It's There For Us. on 00:03 - Feb 10 with 3002 viewsnix

They definitely were but we're still up there and only Fulham above us over the form table for the last six matches. I think we'd have settled for that at the beginning of January with AFCON and injury issues.

The next fixtures include:
Huddersfield vs Sheffield United
Forest vs Stoke
WBA vs Blackburn

On the basis that they can't all win it's a bit of an opportunity for us. Having said that, Barnsley are a bit of a bogey side for us in recent times.
It's There For Us. on 00:24 - Feb 10 with 2927 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought the standard was quite high. It wasn't a normal championship game, lots of well thought out play but not a lot of chances for either team. Credit to both sides.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

It's There For Us. on 00:49 - Feb 10 with 2866 viewskarl

Quite a few compliments for Wilder and also criticism of Sheffield Utd for letting him go, definitely food for thought whenever we hit a sticky patch under Warbs. It’s modern football and instead of giving a previously successful manager a break/respite while he reassesses things ,adjusts to a new league or losing key players we’re jumping around wanting a change (football supporters in general)
Let’s cool our jets and allow MW to rebuild if that’s what happens to us, meanwhile it’s playoffs or bust!!
Hope that makes sense!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024