Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Stadium 😬 23:34 - Feb 19 with 5154 viewsthame_hoops

Went to the game today with my mate who came over from the US. we sat in Ellerslie Road, usually I go to the Paddocks.

He couldn’t believe how crowded it is in the concourse before the game and at half-time. Huge queues for the concession stands. You literally cannot move, shoulder to shoulder.

Got me thinking about all the stadiums I’ve been to in the last couple of years, and I have to admit, I cannot compare Loftus Road to any of them, in terms of poor facilities and overcrowded.

This stadium really is not fit for purpose anymore. Not sure what the answer is going forward.

What does everyone else think?
Our Stadium 😬 on 23:41 - Feb 19 with 4041 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

When we have a good crowd the concourses are packed at half time in Ellerslie Rd. I sit in R block. I can't remember the last time I bothered leaving the stand during half time. Been the same for as long as I remember. Nothing new.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Our Stadium 😬 on 00:14 - Feb 20 with 3924 viewsSharpy36

What did your mate have to say about the atmosphere after we scored ?, and how did it compare with all the other stadium you`ve been to ?

And as a mate why didn`t you explain the golden rule of Loftus road..."It`s a Sh1thole, but it`s our Sh1thole"

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Our Stadium 😬 on 00:28 - Feb 20 with 3848 viewstoboboly

Our Stadium 😬 on 00:14 - Feb 20 by Sharpy36

What did your mate have to say about the atmosphere after we scored ?, and how did it compare with all the other stadium you`ve been to ?

And as a mate why didn`t you explain the golden rule of Loftus road..."It`s a Sh1thole, but it`s our Sh1thole"

Exactly. Two golden rules, have enough beers to be numb but not be up every 5 minutes and secondly don't make eye contact at the urinals. It is tight, atmospheric, beautiful, meaningful, sexy, monstrous, ours

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Our Stadium 😬 on 00:31 - Feb 20 with 3840 viewsqueensparker

The fact our stadium is a bit grubby and you have to press up against people and put up with a crowd doesn’t bother me a bit.

I don’t want to go to a home stadium reminiscent of an airport or Westfield or some other sterile glass-clad Instagram photoshoot studio for tw-ts. Been to Emirates and new Wembley etc etc and I prefer Loftus Road.

History/atmosphere/location > space/food/technology

Wish we’d sort the speed it takes to serve half time beers but we don’t need to move house for that!
Our Stadium 😬 on 00:53 - Feb 20 with 3777 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Boleyn Ground the only time I felt we’d be fcked if there was a fire.
Our Stadium 😬 on 00:54 - Feb 20 with 3775 viewsBoston

I've been to a lot of stadiums, both in Britain and the US. Loftus Rd does me fine, thank you.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Our Stadium 😬 on 08:08 - Feb 20 with 3407 viewsessextaxiboy

Our Stadium 😬 on 00:31 - Feb 20 by queensparker

The fact our stadium is a bit grubby and you have to press up against people and put up with a crowd doesn’t bother me a bit.

I don’t want to go to a home stadium reminiscent of an airport or Westfield or some other sterile glass-clad Instagram photoshoot studio for tw-ts. Been to Emirates and new Wembley etc etc and I prefer Loftus Road.

Wish we’d sort the speed it takes to serve half time beers but we don’t need to move house for that!

I dont have a beer at HT but
Pre ordered pre paid and pre poured would hep IMO .
Our Stadium 😬 on 08:30 - Feb 20 with 3328 viewsstevec

Who sits in the most incontinent row at LR?

Up down, up down, it’s fckin incessant.

Here’s an idea, get here 10 minutes before the start and have a piss then. Half time, surely you can hang on for 45 minutes, go down and have another piss.

And if your getting food, if you haven’t been served, then get the fck up the stairs and buy a burger on the way out instead.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Stadium 😬 on 09:08 - Feb 20 with 3223 viewsSK_hoops

Years of going has got me so used to how crowded it is it just feels completely normal. The leg room is the only thing that winds me up.
Our Stadium 😬 on 09:20 - Feb 20 with 3179 viewsHayesender

Our Stadium 😬 on 00:53 - Feb 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Boleyn Ground the only time I felt we’d be fcked if there was a fire.

You mustn't have been at Selhurst Park a few years ago where the fire escapes, in fact the only escape, was padlocked shut

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Our Stadium 😬 on 10:27 - Feb 20 with 3024 viewsBklynRanger

I think you know the answer to this Thame - space and amenities well below modern average, proximity and potential for atmosphere well above most stadiums. Hopefully your friend will have understood some of that or, as said above, you helped him to see that side of it.

I had my brother in law and nephew over from California (well he's Chilean but anyway) for the same fixture in 2017, the one where Sylla scored at the end. Despite the level of stadiums over there they were blown away by the proximity to the pitch, view of the loft end from the ER and the atmosphere. My nephew got a load of autographs and selfies afterwards, fantastic afternoon all round. So it's pros and cons and we're all very aware of it.
Our Stadium 😬 on 12:00 - Feb 20 with 2838 viewsDannytheR

Not being able to go during Covid only made me love the place more. Where else do you get an atmosphere quite like yesterday? And that was a 1-1 draw against Hull in the rain.

I'd like to think I'll still go if/when we end up in an off-the-shelf bowl somewhere off the M40 but hand on heart... I dunno. Personally the last two years has only reminded me how much I love the Bush and the ground.
Our Stadium 😬 on 12:02 - Feb 20 with 2823 viewsNorthernr

Our Stadium 😬 on 09:20 - Feb 20 by Hayesender

You mustn't have been at Selhurst Park a few years ago where the fire escapes, in fact the only escape, was padlocked shut

Oh yeh I remember that, fcking hell.
Our Stadium 😬 on 12:11 - Feb 20 with 2789 viewsQPR_John

Our Stadium 😬 on 12:00 - Feb 20 by DannytheR

Not being able to go during Covid only made me love the place more. Where else do you get an atmosphere quite like yesterday? And that was a 1-1 draw against Hull in the rain.

I'd like to think I'll still go if/when we end up in an off-the-shelf bowl somewhere off the M40 but hand on heart... I dunno. Personally the last two years has only reminded me how much I love the Bush and the ground.

Do you support the club or the ground. I’ve been going to LR since the South Africa road side was just a terrace with a muddy hill behind it. It’s a great ground that can generate a great atmosphere but it is unfit for purpose now. It really is not fit for a Championship club and if the club even wants to stand still we have to move.
Our Stadium 😬 on 12:35 - Feb 20 with 2723 viewsdutch

Our Stadium 😬 on 12:11 - Feb 20 by QPR_John

Do you support the club or the ground. I’ve been going to LR since the South Africa road side was just a terrace with a muddy hill behind it. It’s a great ground that can generate a great atmosphere but it is unfit for purpose now. It really is not fit for a Championship club and if the club even wants to stand still we have to move.

I support the club, which is based in Loftus road W12. this is our history, our cave if you like, and i would rather be a troglodyte here than in some swish, faceless, soulless bowl in perivale. I firmly believe you could make The KPF stadium a decent modern 20000 seater if we invested in it, while maintaining the character and what for me is the charm. i would much rather watch football at home as it is than at the Emirates eg, don't mind a crush and a crowd it's a football match.
Our Stadium 😬 on 12:42 - Feb 20 with 2687 viewskensalriser

Wahey, new stadium thread!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our Stadium 😬 on 12:47 - Feb 20 with 2669 viewsthehat

I never want to leave the place - its tight, cramped and I will never have any skin on my shins until the day I die.

But I love the place and its location set right in the heart of West London.
Our Stadium 😬 on 13:44 - Feb 20 with 2524 viewsQPR_John

Our Stadium 😬 on 12:35 - Feb 20 by dutch

I support the club, which is based in Loftus road W12. this is our history, our cave if you like, and i would rather be a troglodyte here than in some swish, faceless, soulless bowl in perivale. I firmly believe you could make The KPF stadium a decent modern 20000 seater if we invested in it, while maintaining the character and what for me is the charm. i would much rather watch football at home as it is than at the Emirates eg, don't mind a crush and a crowd it's a football match.

That’s fine if that is what you want I am not arguing with you it is just my opinion. I want my club to be competitive and I believe that will continue to be difficult if we stay at LR. I would be interested in the details of how the ground can be redeveloped to hold 20000 allowing for all that a modern ground requires.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 13:50]
Our Stadium 😬 on 13:48 - Feb 20 with 2507 viewsted_hendrix

Nice one mate, we'll meet again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Our Stadium 😬 on 14:01 - Feb 20 with 2458 viewsthame_hoops

Don’t get me wrong, both had a great time, and he did love the atmosphere. His biggest laugh was the hull fans doing Pigbag back at us.

My overall point, taking away the romanticism of the ground, and the memories there, that’s about all it has going.

He couldn’t believe that in today’s day and age, a club that has been in the Premier League, a professional football club, has the facilities that we have. The legroom, the width of the seat etc it did come as a bit of a shock to him, although I did pre-warn him.

Also, recently going to Spurs for NFL, just got me thinking about our stadium and facilities, that’s all.
Our Stadium 😬 on 14:08 - Feb 20 with 2439 viewsToast_R

Memories only hold you back.
Our Stadium 😬 on 14:09 - Feb 20 with 2434 viewsstainrods_elbow

Our Stadium 😬 on 00:31 - Feb 20 by queensparker

This! Those Hoosians who think it's all about upgrading to shiny concourses and mile-wide staircases around some 35k bowl have got no soul or history. I think improvements could be made at HQ if we had a CEO who hadn't given up on our home, so it's a shame that instead we have dreams dangled from time to time of moving to a miscellany of pseudo-sites that never go anywhere.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Our Stadium 😬 on 14:23 - Feb 20 with 2388 viewsSonofpugwash

Sitting in the Ellerslie after a car crash smashed my knee was a very painful experience and wondering whether it should be renamed The Douglas Bader Stand.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Our Stadium 😬 on 14:26 - Feb 20 with 2379 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Our Stadium 😬 on 12:42 - Feb 20 by kensalriser

Wahey, new stadium thread!

Why can we not just block off South Africa Rd? Turn the pitch around and have it going north to south and have two smaller stands behind each goal. With two MASSIVE stands on the sides.

If that's still not enough space surely we can just dig down?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Our Stadium 😬 on 14:59 - Feb 20 with 2305 viewsNorthantsHoop

I missed it yesterday as isolating with Covid, it is not the same watching online and hope I am passed fit to be back in my seat for the Blackpool game. To be honest from what I have seen, most of the football grounds even the more modern ones don't have that great facilities.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024