Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here goes... 18:53 - Feb 20 with 1646 viewsT_Block

Yesterday was an OK performance.

If they had not scored we would have won.

Ok first half was average, gut i was impressed with our second half performance and we could have easily won the game.Trouble is we are all used to winning these types of games recently.Some of the work around the box was technically brilliant.

Tactically the main issue is that Hull risked a high line which compressed all the space as Charlie isn't the quickest any more.Game became compressed into the middle third where if they worked hard they could limit our players time and space on the ball.Ilias tried running beyond but got caught off-side either due to an ill-timed run or generally Barbet taking too long.

Know for most fans it was a game where the ball at crucial moments did not fall for us and we are ok with the performance.

So please can the angry minority not get at the players you know it does not help.
Here goes... on 19:22 - Feb 20 with 1540 viewsMyke

Yes, second half was an improvement alright. Disappointed that having equalised with some much time left (25 minutes) and playing against a rookie keeper, we didn't win the game or even have more shots on target. However, important to snap the losing run before it became an issue. Next we need to snap the 'without a win' run.
We are still in a good place even though 4th is no longer in our own hands, a couple of wins should get us back on track. The strikers need to get firing again, I was hoping for 30 goals from our front three, didn't seem too big an ask, but they are some distance shy of that. I think we just need to be a bit braver all over the park, we have become very conservative. I could understand that happening with 5 games left, but not with 15. It is a bit like defending a 1 goal lead on the edge of your own penalty area, it's understandable for the last five minutes, but if you don't push out with still 15 minutes to go, you will likely get punished
Here goes... on 19:25 - Feb 20 with 1536 viewsdavman

Yep, you are right, it was OK. They got lucky with a goal and wouldn't have scored another. The bit is a collective frustration though. Reading was the only time we have put anyone to the sword in this great run of results over the last 14 months and even though we have picked up results this year, Birmingham, Coventry. Boro' were hardly dominant and then we have failed to break down Peterborough, Barnsley and Millwall recently.

The margins in our run have been stark; yes, we have stayed competitive and it has been an absolute joy to behold, but a good portion of our wins could have gone either way.

Warbs had it absolutely right on the pod this week. Teams may not have prepared too hard against QPR last season, but they certanly are weary now. The report on this website exposed Blackburn for coming for a point and that 1-0 along with ones against WBA and Huddersfield show that teams are working hard to shut us down.

It has not been helped by our Strikers, who have also collectively lost their mojo - no ability to hold the ball up when we have to go long because our midfield is crowded out means that the ball stays with the back 5.

This coming period is a real test for our team. Home and Away these teams will block that space out for us, just like Hull did yesterday and we'll have to be at our absolute best to keep our points ticking over.

The expectations have ramped up so a point at home is a huge disappointment. Personally, I was more upset around the 'Boro and Bournemouth games because both of those teams actually looked, man for man, a class above. Hull didn't; they looked like a team lucky to get a point just like Bristol City looked like a team fluking three points.

This has been a great season and the hope is that it doesn't fade to nothing...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Here goes... on 23:54 - Feb 20 with 1368 viewsT_Block

Yes agreed.

Emphasis needs to be on being brave and scoring goals.
Here goes... on 00:13 - Feb 21 with 1339 viewsLogman

I don't think Hull pressed us that high. My enduring memory is of them getting all eleven players behind the ball, with the back 4 on the edge of the area and 6 players 10 or 15 metres ahead of them. However, sadly we were the architects of such tactics by letting them score first. Which is a shame as they had very little going forward and never really looked like scoring after we'd dealt with their opening 10 minute gambit.
Here goes... on 00:58 - Feb 21 with 1295 viewsbob566

Tough playing a team like that who are pretty much safe but with nothing to play for when they take the lead. Can put 11 behind the ball. We're on a bad run but hopefully we can get top six. I'd have bitten my hand off at the start of the season for that.
Here goes... on 02:35 - Feb 21 with 1234 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I hope we stay in the top six but am not expecting us to.

Unfortunately it is likely we surprised ourselves by getting in a position to be promoted.
Ever since then we have lost our mojo, playing poorly and been risk averse.
We have lost what took us to that position in the first place - taking people on and going for it.
I am not sure who is responsible - manager, players or a combination of the two.
Warburton has been a lot more on edge recently in press conferences and on the touchline - possbly feeding through to the players - or because the players are failing to carry out instructions.
Not sure.

Anyway we need to get back to what was getting us results..

Being QPR we have now lost our chances against weaker sides as we will start to play a lot of decent teams mostly away from home.
We have 6 games at home and 8 away games left.

Anyway I hope we make it but it's now less than 50% likely (odds are now around 2.50)

U R's

Edit - Maybe other sides have worked us out?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2022 11:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024