Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. 23:39 - Feb 26 with 2055 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Jack Catterall was absoultely robbed by the judges in tonights world title fight with Josh Taylor.
It is probably the worst judging decision I have ever seen in the UK in all the 60 years I have watched boxing.
Taylor was outboxed for most of the fight and knocked down as well, most people had Catterall 4 to 5 rounds ahead.

I am disgusted with this decision which brings UK boxing in to disrepute, reminiscent of the bad days of US boxing.
Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 23:42 - Feb 26 with 2049 viewsSirjohnalot

Absolutely corrupt must be. There was also a knockdown, which means they must’ve thought Taylor was even more dominant. Even the judge that gave the correct decision had it close. Taylor is now going to duck a rematch, so he says.
Any honour, he’d vacate and offer a rematch with the title on the line.
Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 23:46 - Feb 26 with 2034 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 23:42 - Feb 26 by Sirjohnalot

Absolutely corrupt must be. There was also a knockdown, which means they must’ve thought Taylor was even more dominant. Even the judge that gave the correct decision had it close. Taylor is now going to duck a rematch, so he says.
Any honour, he’d vacate and offer a rematch with the title on the line.

I think he should be stripped of the titles.
Even the promotor said he was ashamed of the result.
Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 07:18 - Feb 27 with 1990 viewsSirjohnalot

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 23:46 - Feb 26 by A_Fans_Dad

I think he should be stripped of the titles.
Even the promotor said he was ashamed of the result.

Absolutely right. There should be an appeal process for blatant wrongs like that. Poor guy will have a loss on his record which he doesn’t deserve
Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 07:20 - Feb 27 with 1988 viewsKilkennyjack

Catterall the winner all day long.

Beware of the Risen People

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 10:49 - Feb 27 with 1936 viewsossie_jacks

catterall by 4 or 5 rounds easy my mate and i couldnt believe the result totally robbed.
Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 11:05 - Feb 27 with 1922 viewstheloneranger

Paddy Power has refunded all bets on Catterall.

When a bookie is too embarrassed to keep your money - there's not much more you can say about this result!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 11:28 - Feb 27 with 1912 viewstheloneranger

Reacting on Instagram, Catterall claimed two years of work was all for nothing.

He said: “You know what hurts the most, it wasn’t for me I done all of this for my family my team my town and country.

“My baby girl and misses, our future. Today I should of been waking up with all of the belts. 15 months out the ring, they all wrote me off. F***ed me in every way possible for over two years, finally got the fight.

“Sacrificed everything to fight one of the top p4p ranked fighters, gave him a lesson. For what. Boxing shame on you. Judges 🖕🏽 Dreams stolen.”

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 11:28 - Feb 27 with 1911 viewsshingle

I could not belive it, ok we have always had bad judges and as Dana White always tells us never leave it in the hands of the judges, however last night really scrapped the bottom of the barrel for a young man who has put his life and sole into something and then get robbed, cheated or whatever these scumbags were up to is just awful as Catteralls trainer said after his son and many other kids will now think twice about taking up the sport of Boxing disgraceful to say the least.
Login to get fewer ads

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 14:39 - Feb 27 with 1851 viewsmax936

Disgraceful decision, but that's the worse performance I've seen from Taylor, his boxing skills and his boxing intelligence was nowhere to be seen, Catterall was given little chance before the fight and I think Taylor had it in his mindset that all he needed to do was turnup.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 20:20 - Feb 27 with 1775 viewsunion_jack

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 14:39 - Feb 27 by max936

Disgraceful decision, but that's the worse performance I've seen from Taylor, his boxing skills and his boxing intelligence was nowhere to be seen, Catterall was given little chance before the fight and I think Taylor had it in his mindset that all he needed to do was turnup.

I know very little about boxing but from what I’m reading both here and MSM then he was right!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 10:43 - Feb 28 with 1689 viewsmax936

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 20:20 - Feb 27 by union_jack

I know very little about boxing but from what I’m reading both here and MSM then he was right!

It stinks.

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 11:06 - Feb 28 with 1679 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Boxing in the uk died when idiots like KSI, Logan Paul and their idiot brothers brought it into the gutter.
Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 11:39 - Feb 28 with 1663 viewsAlgorfajack

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 14:39 - Feb 27 by max936

Struggling to make the 140lb limit as well Max didn't help him either. He was looking really gaunt at the weigh in on Friday.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 13:35 - Feb 28 with 1624 viewsmax936

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 11:39 - Feb 28 by Algorfajack

Struggling to make the 140lb limit as well Max didn't help him either. He was looking really gaunt at the weigh in on Friday.

He's a big lad for 140lb's, 147lb or 154lb probably be better for him, as long as he can carry his power with him.

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 15:04 - Feb 28 with 1593 viewsWhiterockin

Scoring is now being looked into.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/60559433

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 17:51 - Feb 28 with 1552 viewsmax936

Boxing in the UK takes a nose dive. on 07:18 - Feb 27 by Sirjohnalot

Absolutely right. There should be an appeal process for blatant wrongs like that. Poor guy will have a loss on his record which he doesn’t deserve

You can't strip Taylor of his titles mun, its not his fault that the judging went the way it did.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024