Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
not looking good. 00:41 - Feb 27 with 7964 viewsqpr_1968

cardiff ...home...3 points
luton .....away....0 points
notts forr....away..o points
peter'b'gh....home...3 points
fulham...home...0 points
sheff utd...away....0 points
pne.......away...1 point
hull.....away....3 points
derby...home...1 point
stoke....away....0 points
sheff utd....home....1 point
swansea....away...3 points

15 points.....is that enough for the play offs.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

not looking good. on 07:08 - Feb 27 with 5693 viewsstowmarketrange

That’s Huddersfield away,not Hull,so I don’t think we’ll win up there.So that might be less than 15 points,but we’ve had a great season compared to the last few so it isn’t all doom and gloom.
not looking good. on 07:23 - Feb 27 with 5657 viewswood_hoop

You should know by now that we would all be .millionaires' if predicting results was that easy, yes a few on paper always look like certainties but we are in a position to still get into the playoffs, results will still go for and against us, no doubt a few surprises along the way.

Warbs knows and admits he got things wrong yesterday, smart enough to rectify some of the errors of judgement, not easy when you take into account just the financial rescritcions he has worked under, we do have some very good players that are capable of getting us back into the fore runners of the chasing pack, we have a manager who knows this, he also does know how to try and get the best from them, have a little bit more hope, just msybe Warbs has it more under control than seems at this time.
not looking good. on 07:27 - Feb 27 with 5643 viewsdaveB

I don't know how anyone can predict the next 15 games. Yesterdays results show it's almost impossible
not looking good. on 07:32 - Feb 27 with 5632 viewsRuislipHoop

I think that’s a fair prediction,personally,I think the playoffs are a step to far for this team but it’s still been a great season.
not looking good. on 07:44 - Feb 27 with 5607 viewsdaveB

If you go on points per games we'll finish 5th on 75 points 1 point above 7th
not looking good. on 07:53 - Feb 27 with 5581 viewsellersliehoop

To reach the play offs we will probably need to win a game or two that we're not expected to win.

Luton & Preston away possibly? We should beat Derby at home

All the play off contenders are playing each other which means teams dropping points
not looking good. on 08:08 - Feb 27 with 5544 viewsDorse

not looking good. on 07:53 - Feb 27 by ellersliehoop

To reach the play offs we will probably need to win a game or two that we're not expected to win.

Luton & Preston away possibly? We should beat Derby at home

All the play off contenders are playing each other which means teams dropping points

Preston away. Please God, let us win that! Preferably with a goal in the first minute followed by 89 minutes of the most blatant, piss-boiling shithousery the world has ever seen.

'Please could I have a towel for the ball before I take the throw in...? No, not that one, the other one... Sorry, I don't like the thread count on this one. Is it organic cotton, do you know...? Only, I have an allergy. Tell you what, just to be on the safe side, I'll let my colleague take this one...Dom! Dom, love! Dom?! Sorry, he can't hear me... DOM! Ah, he's heard me. He'll be along in a minute... Don't worry Dom, it's nothing urgent...'

That. For 89 fcuking minutes Preston. That.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

not looking good. on 09:08 - Feb 27 with 5368 viewsvanrrrr

Travelled up yesterday and it was a long old day and the game was frankly rubbish and Frustrating as I know we are better than that ….and that is the the positive i am taking. In years gone by we have been equally pitiful but that was the full extent of our players and club… now we have hope , we have players with ability who care … good enough for me!

Taking that into last games of season I am committing to giving them my fullest support ( with the odd wtf?! ) and see where we land! No idea where we will land as Champ predictions a fools errand as my betting account will evidence but I am going to do a Warbs and try and enjoy it!
Login to get fewer ads

not looking good. on 10:01 - Feb 27 with 5214 viewsbosh67

I think we have to accept that this is a very good squad with a lot of potential that has generally over achieved and that has been assembled for a fraction of the cost of most of those around us, bar Luton, who have assembled their squad for a fraction of ours. Both clubs prove you can compete with good coaching and belief.

One of the small observations is that we played well during the AFCON tournament because we were limited to players we could use, so there was a bit less squad rotation. Sometimes rotation can unsettle the way a team plays. I'm not over blaming MW for that and it has worked in certain games, but it can unsettle a winning formula. I think most of us expected the wobble to come during AFCON but it's happened since it, perhaps with the introduction of new players and changing the formula around to fit in the new and returning players.

I thought at the start of the season that this looked like a 2 year plan. have a go at getting to the play offs this season and improving on last and then really pushing 22/23 with some of the players pushing on this season going to anther level for us. The trick, if that does happen is keeping as many of the squad together as we can and players like Willock, Chair, Field, Dunne and many others are crucial to that. I hope Eze, who is struggling for game time at Palace does go to Newcastle in the summer, because that brings 9-10m in and limits the pressure for us to sell.

That said, I am not 'writing off' this season. A sequence of 2-3 better results and the picture changes again. I feel this squad and management can do it, despite the wobble. We are still in the mix with a good squad and good management. We are a far better team than we were last season or the season before that. Generally this team plays the QPR way, entertaining, on the front foot etc. The team, the club and the management are in a far better place than it has been for many years.

The 12th man thing is huge in the run in. It makes a big difference to the players, particularly in the remaining home games. We have to really get behind the team and management and help them stay in the mix.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 10:03]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

not looking good. on 10:10 - Feb 27 with 5165 viewslightwaterhoop

not looking good. on 07:32 - Feb 27 by RuislipHoop

I think that’s a fair prediction,personally,I think the playoffs are a step to far for this team but it’s still been a great season.

You may be right but they certainly showed the spirit against Blackpool to make the play offs.An early kick off at Blackburn on Saturday after 45 minutes with 10 men was always a big ask.
not looking good. on 10:25 - Feb 27 with 5114 viewsThe_Beast1976

I don't think this team is done yet. They are a talented and determined bunch. Still confident of a play off spot, and I actually think we'll finish 4th. Come On You R's
not looking good. on 10:49 - Feb 27 with 5049 viewseastside_r

not looking good. on 09:08 - Feb 27 by vanrrrr

Travelled up yesterday and it was a long old day and the game was frankly rubbish and Frustrating as I know we are better than that ….and that is the the positive i am taking. In years gone by we have been equally pitiful but that was the full extent of our players and club… now we have hope , we have players with ability who care … good enough for me!

Taking that into last games of season I am committing to giving them my fullest support ( with the odd wtf?! ) and see where we land! No idea where we will land as Champ predictions a fools errand as my betting account will evidence but I am going to do a Warbs and try and enjoy it!

Agreed. In past seasons our usual loss at Blackburn would have been met with a shrug of the shoulders.

This season we have set the bar higher so maybe it seems a bit different.
not looking good. on 11:05 - Feb 27 with 4994 viewsnix

not looking good. on 10:10 - Feb 27 by lightwaterhoop

You may be right but they certainly showed the spirit against Blackpool to make the play offs.An early kick off at Blackburn on Saturday after 45 minutes with 10 men was always a big ask.

This is so true.
not looking good. on 11:16 - Feb 27 with 4958 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Has been a disappointing month however we didn't really get a breather with games every few days.
We do much better when we have a week between games so hopefully can have a better March.

I'll be delighted if we make the play offs but right now am not confident this will happen especially as we have a lot of tough games on the run home.
not looking good. on 11:16 - Feb 27 with 4955 viewswortonranger

Win more than we lose from here in and we will make playoffs! Anybody’s guess from there but at least we would get at least 2 big games and the various down days will be forgotten.
not looking good. on 17:15 - Feb 27 with 4730 viewsJuzzie

Last summer I felt we might finish 9th. The fact we’ve been in the play offs for a while is great and we should do all we can to finish there come the last game of the season.
However, if we don’t I will be disappointed of course but I won’t be frothing at the mouth and going all krakatoa over the Manager, Hoos, Ferdinand etc and analysing every single thing to an inch of its life.

Partly because there are others paid to do that but mainly its just too exhausting and there’s tons of other things to worry about, recent events aside.
not looking good. on 18:32 - Feb 27 with 4591 viewseghamranger

Think we will get at least a point at home to Fulham, beat derby too.

But can’t see us beating Swansea.

One game at a time please !!!
not looking good. on 23:05 - Mar 1 with 4195 viewsqpr_1968

not looking good. on 07:08 - Feb 27 by stowmarketrange

That’s Huddersfield away,not Hull,so I don’t think we’ll win up there.So that might be less than 15 points,but we’ve had a great season compared to the last few so it isn’t all doom and gloom.

hudd'ld, sorry stow, 3 points less.

12 points then..

obviously this is on current form.
and as many other posters have pointed out, anything could happen.

i will still be at all our remaining games, home and away, its in the blood.

roll on cardiff....you rrrrrrssssss

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

not looking good. on 15:15 - Mar 2 with 3908 viewsDubaiR

Cardiff ...home...3 points
luton .....away....1 points
notts forr....away..o points
peter'b'gh....home...3 points
fulham...home...1 points
sheff utd...away....0 points
pne.......away...0 points
Huddersfield.....away....1 points
derby...home...3 points
stoke....away....3 points
sheff utd....home....3 point
swansea....away...0 points

8 points and in the play offs
not looking good. on 15:35 - Mar 2 with 3843 viewsrobith

I estimate we'll need another 19 - from your list we turn two of those losses into draws, one draw into a win and we're right in the mix.

A big thing is - our games are much more spaced out in March. More rest and more time on the training pitch
not looking good. on 16:54 - Mar 2 with 3712 viewsPinnerPaul

not looking good. on 15:35 - Mar 2 by robith

I estimate we'll need another 19 - from your list we turn two of those losses into draws, one draw into a win and we're right in the mix.

A big thing is - our games are much more spaced out in March. More rest and more time on the training pitch

As regular readers will know I'm not a fan of the "7 games in 4 days" narrative, but as Clive has pointed out we DO generally perform better with more space between games, so hope that trend continues this month.
not looking good. on 09:49 - Mar 3 with 3475 viewsfrancisbowles

Saturday is MASSIVE! Lol
not looking good. on 12:56 - Mar 3 with 3308 viewstoboboly

One positive is that we have four games in March. Four.

Previous seasons we always struggled when games came thick and fast. Hopefully a light month lets us regroup, 12 points from this month and all is gravy again

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

not looking good. on 00:35 - Mar 4 with 3134 viewsThe_Beast1976

not looking good. on 12:56 - Mar 3 by toboboly

One positive is that we have four games in March. Four.

Previous seasons we always struggled when games came thick and fast. Hopefully a light month lets us regroup, 12 points from this month and all is gravy again

That's 12 points in March then. Happy days. C'mon You R's
not looking good. on 10:29 - Mar 4 with 2980 viewsNorthantsHoop

It is so hard to call with Rangers, agree we do better with a bit of a gap between games, but to be honest can only look one game at a time. Cardiff is a crucial game really must take 3 points a bit like Blackpool which we scraped through brilliantly. I think we will get something at Luton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024