Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. 17:02 - Mar 5 with 7685 viewsSnipper

Pussyfooting about when 1-0 up.
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:03 - Mar 5 with 3620 viewsSuperhoop83

No way we are making the play offs. Our form and confidence has fallen off a cliff.

Suffering since 1978.

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:04 - Mar 5 with 3592 viewsted_hendrix

We are so-so a mid table team, honestly we really are.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:13 - Mar 5 with 3502 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It's been deeply frustrating the last month or so. We've gone from a team with real intent to one content to just rack up 70% possession without offering any threat. It's really hard to put your finger on any one reason why the form has collapsed which makes Warburton's task of arresting the slide very difficult. The warning signs were there in January when we were winning matches we didn't deserve to win but, still, the difference between this team and the one that finished the second half of last season so strongly is significant.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 17:17]
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:14 - Mar 5 with 3511 viewsDamo1962

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:04 - Mar 5 by ted_hendrix

We are so-so a mid table team, honestly we really are.

Nail on head Ted. That has a nice ring to it 😉
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:15 - Mar 5 with 3496 viewsMelakaRanger

The wheels seemed to fall off with our January “addition “

Don’t know if this coincidence or what.

But no denying that since the Reading game we have been extremely lucky to have earned the points we have.

Our form has fallen off a cliff. Watching all the games (albeit on tv) every team seems to want the ball more than us. Are stronger than us and want to win more than us. It’s like QPR think that the tippy tappy mostly sideways possession will on it’s own make us winners. It doesn’t.
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:20 - Mar 5 with 3410 viewsBklynRanger

All the good and all the bad wrapped up in one sheep related package
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:20 - Mar 5 with 3402 viewsbosh67

The form seems to have slid since players 'came back' from AFCON and perhaps us a little bit too much rotation. Plus we have had some lengthy injuries and the introduction of Hendricks, as good as he may be, seems to have put the team's nose out of joint. Amos simply needs to play. Losing Charlie, Dykes and Johansen again with such regularity seems to have taken its toll. Shame, they had worked so hard to get into the top 6 and they are really looking like they will fall away. Warburton perhaps needs to see if he can stick to an 11 for a few games and dig a few results out. Again, a shame after producing such a good team for the first two thirds of the season. We had countless chances to cement this and blown them all so far.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:25 - Mar 5 with 3355 viewsDamo1962

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:15 - Mar 5 by MelakaRanger

But no denying that since the Reading game we have been extremely lucky to have earned the points we have.

Our form has fallen off a cliff. Watching all the games (albeit on tv) every team seems to want the ball more than us. Are stronger than us and want to win more than us. It’s like QPR think that the tippy tappy mostly sideways possession will on it’s own make us winners. It doesn’t.

Agree. Hendricks has added zilch to what we already had. Sick-note Dykes and a completely shot Austin have finally caught up with us. A real attacking, dangerous player would have given the rest of the players and supporters a real lift. Even Chair and Willock seem to have realised this. They have carried the strikers for too long and have probably had enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:25 - Mar 5 with 3351 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Reverted to the board's objective: Championship mediocrity forever.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:26 - Mar 5 with 3332 viewswelwynranger

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:26 - Mar 5 with 3332 viewswelwynranger

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:28 - Mar 5 with 3299 viewsRangers67

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:34 - Mar 5 with 3214 viewsHunterhoop

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:20 - Mar 5 by bosh67

The form seems to have slid since players 'came back' from AFCON and perhaps us a little bit too much rotation. Plus we have had some lengthy injuries and the introduction of Hendricks, as good as he may be, seems to have put the team's nose out of joint. Amos simply needs to play. Losing Charlie, Dykes and Johansen again with such regularity seems to have taken its toll. Shame, they had worked so hard to get into the top 6 and they are really looking like they will fall away. Warburton perhaps needs to see if he can stick to an 11 for a few games and dig a few results out. Again, a shame after producing such a good team for the first two thirds of the season. We had countless chances to cement this and blown them all so far.

Call a spade a spade, Bosh. Only two players went to AFCON and one was a keeper who has nothing to do with our forward play, and whose understudy was here whilst he was away when we won 5 from 6.

Our form drop coincides with one player’s return. He’s a talented player, but it’s no longer just a correlation; the sample is too big and trend too stark.
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:37 - Mar 5 with 3190 viewsManinBlack

Sadly this season does seem to now being the reverse of last season bad then good and now God then bad. Just feels like it is fizzling out which seems to afflict us once we reach 50 points. I just can't see us winning many more matches looking at who we have left especially away to current form sides Huddersfield, Sheffield, Forest and Luton, all the proverbial 6 pointer games. Quite honestly I can see us losing at home to Peterborough if we don't get out of this malaise.
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:38 - Mar 5 with 3173 viewsgolborne

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:14 - Mar 5 by Damo1962

Nail on head Ted. That has a nice ring to it 😉

Then be happy - we’re above that at the minute and at worst will meet both you expectations. You should be the happiest fans on here tonight - go on, grab yourself a cold one, or two
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:40 - Mar 5 with 3139 viewsDamo1962

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:34 - Mar 5 by Hunterhoop

Call a spade a spade, Bosh. Only two players went to AFCON and one was a keeper who has nothing to do with our forward play, and whose understudy was here whilst he was away when we won 5 from 6.

Our form drop coincides with one player’s return. He’s a talented player, but it’s no longer just a correlation; the sample is too big and trend too stark.

Blimey. I've always thought Chair was a bit over-rated from what I've seen of him...but never suspected he was the main culprit in our decline. Would MW drop him? For a team so lacking a cutting - edge, that would be a huge gamble. Play Thomas instead for a few games and see if anything changes maybe? Glad I don't have to make these decisions 🤔
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:44 - Mar 5 with 3100 viewsR_from_afar

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:25 - Mar 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

Reverted to the board's objective: Championship mediocrity forever.

You're going to keep peddling this nonsense after every poor result, aren't you? Do we need to get the finger puppets out?

It. Is. Costing. The. Owners. Over. £1m. A. Month. A. Month. Every. Month. To. Stay. In. The. Championship.

They want us to get promoted. Understand that and move on.

It's natural for you and all of us to be upset at this ongoing poor run though.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:45 - Mar 5 with 3084 viewsOldPedro

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:40 - Mar 5 by Damo1962

Blimey. I've always thought Chair was a bit over-rated from what I've seen of him...but never suspected he was the main culprit in our decline. Would MW drop him? For a team so lacking a cutting - edge, that would be a huge gamble. Play Thomas instead for a few games and see if anything changes maybe? Glad I don't have to make these decisions 🤔

Not sure we can blame the teams recent form on one player - several of the team seemed to have gone off the boil recently

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:47 - Mar 5 with 3049 viewsbosh67

I think you are misunderstanding what I meant or more likely I didn't articulate it very well. Like others I can't really put my finger on it. I'm not blaming Chair or Hendricks or anyone. For some reason the confidence and belief seems to have ebbed away over the last 4+ weeks. The team has changed players for various reasons from what was a fairly settled set up. Now it feels disjointed and the belief has (at the moment) gone. The lack of real fire power threat seems to be a real issue now. Dykes has a lot of injuries, Charlie seems to really not be himself after the loss of his grandmother and perhaps Gray doesn't have enough minutes and perhaps also thinks, well I'll be out at the end of the season anyway. Too much, as someone else has said, is being put on Chair and Willock. It's been a very tough time and they don't as it stands look like they can lift themselves to grind matches out.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:53 - Mar 5 with 2986 viewsDamo1962

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 17:45 - Mar 5 by OldPedro

Not sure we can blame the teams recent form on one player - several of the team seemed to have gone off the boil recently

I'm not. It was Hunter who suggested results have nose-dived since his return - which is something which hadn't crossed my mind. Hunter is only making an observation though. We are all looking for reasons for this reversal of form. I think are problems are more than to do with one player mind you. Win together, lose together.
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 18:01 - Mar 5 with 2924 viewsdenhamhoop2

100% Agree
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 18:07 - Mar 5 with 2867 viewsstevec

Gifted the game to a team who had nothing to play for.

My take on Hendrick is a player who could make 100 passes with 100% accuracy and not a single one of his passes would make a blind bit of difference to the game.

Warburton wanted more time on the training field, he might as well take them down the pub. No drive, no risk taking, only intention was to pass our way from side to side and hold on to a 1-0 win.

What was it, 4th against 19th? Abysmal.
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 18:13 - Mar 5 with 2782 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought Cardiff's No 27 Rubin Collwill looks a very good player, lovely free kick to score their winner. Shame we dont have anyone to score one like that, another Barbet blaster again to injure the crowd in last minute
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 18:14 - Mar 5 with 2767 viewsBklynRanger

Ok but I think you'd agree it's not Chair's fault. If he is part of the decline it's how he's been used and the pattern of play that we've dropped in to on his return.

I did think he came back in a bit automatically to a winning team having hardly played for 6 weeks, which could have caused problems, but that may be bordering on Heat magazine stuff.

Either way Ilias isn't the problem, he's a gifted player we're lucky to have, it's how he's being used if anything.
Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 18:21 - Mar 5 with 2688 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Frankly, we got what we deserved today. on 18:13 - Mar 5 by NorthantsHoop

Thought Cardiff's No 27 Rubin Collwill looks a very good player, lovely free kick to score their winner. Shame we dont have anyone to score one like that, another Barbet blaster again to injure the crowd in last minute

Again, that boils down to character and leadership. When QPR win free kicks around the penalty area, Chair and one or two others have to have the minerals to tell Barbet "Monter votre vélo".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024