Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This team as it stands next season 18:53 - Apr 16 with 4294 viewsKeithHaynes

With no additions, although Wolf and Christie staying.

Chances ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This team as it stands next season on 18:55 - Apr 16 with 2326 viewsItchySphincter

Still not sure about Wolf, either not good enough or too good for this level, undecided. Christie needs to deliver quicker ball in to the box, if he can do that he’s a keeper, if he can’t let him go.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

This team as it stands next season on 18:57 - Apr 16 with 2319 viewsKeithHaynes

This team as it stands next season on 18:55 - Apr 16 by ItchySphincter

Still not sure about Wolf, either not good enough or too good for this level, undecided. Christie needs to deliver quicker ball in to the box, if he can do that he’s a keeper, if he can’t let him go.

Chances of promotion ?

This team as it stands next season on 19:01 - Apr 16 with 2310 viewsItchySphincter

This team as it stands next season on 18:57 - Apr 16 by KeithHaynes

Chances of promotion ?

In with a good shout I would have thought. We’re occasionally hot, occasionally cold, that’s to be a expected, but too often this season we’ve been lukewarm. I’d expect to consistently turn up the heat next season.

This team as it stands next season on 19:29 - Apr 16 with 2271 viewsWhiterockin

This team as it stands next season on 19:01 - Apr 16 by ItchySphincter

In with a good shout I would have thought. We’re occasionally hot, occasionally cold, that’s to be a expected, but too often this season we’ve been lukewarm. I’d expect to consistently turn up the heat next season.

The squad is still too weak in my opinion. Looking at yesterday's bench I felt there was nothing to change things just swap like for like. Ntcham offers something but unless a couple of youngsters come through we are weak for a long championship season without some more quality coming in.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

This team as it stands next season on 19:51 - Apr 16 with 2241 viewsjasper_T

This team as it stands next season on 19:29 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

The squad is still too weak in my opinion. Looking at yesterday's bench I felt there was nothing to change things just swap like for like. Ntcham offers something but unless a couple of youngsters come through we are weak for a long championship season without some more quality coming in.

Given we were already missing a starter with injury our bench was really strong for a Championship team. I think people overestimate what top half teams like Huddersfield/Luton/Blackburn/Preston etc. are actually putting together on matchdays to think us weak or lacking depth. We can't realistically compete with the parachute payment squads or those like Stoke who have bloated squads of desperation signings.

To be able to bring on a player of Ntcham's pedigree is a luxury. Ryan Manning has plenty of experience at this level. Ogbeta and Joseph cost serious money and have been proven effective in League One at very young ages, will improve if given chances. Plenty of Championship academies regularly contribute players to their first team bench as we have with Congreve, and hopefully we do it more not less next season imo.

As it stands we'd be short of a decent rotation option at right wingback, and Christie looks like he needs one. Otherwise we're fine. Overloaded in midfield but a wealth of options available. Some of the loanees have had good seasons and will want to kick on when they return.
This team as it stands next season on 19:54 - Apr 16 with 2230 viewsWhiterockin

This team as it stands next season on 19:51 - Apr 16 by jasper_T

Given we were already missing a starter with injury our bench was really strong for a Championship team. I think people overestimate what top half teams like Huddersfield/Luton/Blackburn/Preston etc. are actually putting together on matchdays to think us weak or lacking depth. We can't realistically compete with the parachute payment squads or those like Stoke who have bloated squads of desperation signings.

To be able to bring on a player of Ntcham's pedigree is a luxury. Ryan Manning has plenty of experience at this level. Ogbeta and Joseph cost serious money and have been proven effective in League One at very young ages, will improve if given chances. Plenty of Championship academies regularly contribute players to their first team bench as we have with Congreve, and hopefully we do it more not less next season imo.

As it stands we'd be short of a decent rotation option at right wingback, and Christie looks like he needs one. Otherwise we're fine. Overloaded in midfield but a wealth of options available. Some of the loanees have had good seasons and will want to kick on when they return.

As a matter of interest what would you with Cullen and Whitticker. Personally I would try to move them on.

This team as it stands next season on 19:55 - Apr 16 with 2221 viewsNotLoyal

This team as it stands next season on 19:54 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

As a matter of interest what would you with Cullen and Whitticker. Personally I would try to move them on.

Agreed.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

This team as it stands next season on 20:07 - Apr 16 with 2204 viewsSTID2017

I thought you said we were signing Ethan Ampadu ?
TBH I can't see us not selling, but even if we did, for me we need a more experienced keeper to take the pressure off Fisher.
Other than that, following the Martin Blueprint I can see us getting automatic promotion next season if we kept the same squad

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

This team as it stands next season on 20:09 - Apr 16 with 2199 viewsjasper_T

This team as it stands next season on 19:54 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

Doesn't seem like there's any room for them. Joseph surely ahead of both as third striker.
This team as it stands next season on 20:12 - Apr 16 with 2193 viewsKeithHaynes

This team as it stands next season on 20:07 - Apr 16 by STID2017

I thought you said we were signing Ethan Ampadu ?
TBH I can't see us not selling, but even if we did, for me we need a more experienced keeper to take the pressure off Fisher.
Other than that, following the Martin Blueprint I can see us getting automatic promotion next season if we kept the same squad

The swans will be connected with loads of players, it just depends how lateral people are regards the difference between watching, inquiries, speaking to agents and bids. It gets lost on a lot as January proved with the MK Dons midfielder who went to Celtic.

It was this site that first reported Leicester and Piroe, it went down like a lead balloon, however who is linked five months later ?

This team as it stands next season on 20:17 - Apr 16 with 2182 viewsWhiterockin

This team as it stands next season on 20:09 - Apr 16 by jasper_T

Doesn't seem like there's any room for them. Joseph surely ahead of both as third striker.

Agreed. I would integrate Garrick into the squad and see how it goes until Christmas then make a decision.

This team as it stands next season on 20:24 - Apr 16 with 2167 viewsKeithHaynes

This team as it stands next season on 20:17 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

Agreed. I would integrate Garrick into the squad and see how it goes until Christmas then make a decision.

It’s either that or bin him to Plymouth, which seems a bit sad, they would snap him up, I’m hopeful he will be a part of next seasons squad.

This team as it stands next season on 20:24 - Apr 16 with 2164 viewsSTID2017

This team as it stands next season on 20:12 - Apr 16 by KeithHaynes

The swans will be connected with loads of players, it just depends how lateral people are regards the difference between watching, inquiries, speaking to agents and bids. It gets lost on a lot as January proved with the MK Dons midfielder who went to Celtic.

It was this site that first reported Leicester and Piroe, it went down like a lead balloon, however who is linked five months later ?

Just joshing with you.
Would be a fantastic signing and a lot more realistic than our friends up the road signing Bale.
Be gutted if Piroe goes, but if he does hope it is for good money.
If he stays and we maintain the squad then can definitely see us pushing for the autos.

This team as it stands next season on 20:37 - Apr 16 with 2150 viewsunion_jack

This team as it stands next season on 18:55 - Apr 16 by ItchySphincter

To be honest I don’t think he’ll drop Fisher for Christie😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

This team as it stands next season on 20:40 - Apr 16 with 2144 viewsmagicdaps10

Too early to say but I would expect a good solid mid table position with the odd forage towards the top 8.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This team as it stands next season on 20:40 - Apr 16 with 2141 viewsSTID2017

This team as it stands next season on 20:37 - Apr 16 by union_jack

To be honest I don’t think he’ll drop Fisher for Christie😄

This team as it stands next season on 21:43 - Apr 16 with 2077 viewsLorax

I think we need to get rid of a few and bring in a few. Then we need to perform like we did second half far more consistently.
If we are as inconsistent as we have been this last few months then its another season of the same.
Get another decent centre half in and another decent keeper, cover for both wing backs and we'll be ok and may even push for promotion.

I'd be happy with seeing Wolf go back but keeping Christie. I woud like to see Piroe and Oba both playing as strikers though.
This team as it stands next season on 21:47 - Apr 16 with 2069 viewsWhiterockin

This team as it stands next season on 21:43 - Apr 16 by Lorax

I think we need to get rid of a few and bring in a few. Then we need to perform like we did second half far more consistently.
If we are as inconsistent as we have been this last few months then its another season of the same.
Get another decent centre half in and another decent keeper, cover for both wing backs and we'll be ok and may even push for promotion.

I'd be happy with seeing Wolf go back but keeping Christie. I woud like to see Piroe and Oba both playing as strikers though.

I would try Piroe and Oba up front with wolf behind them. But what do I know.

This team as it stands next season on 22:23 - Apr 16 with 2049 viewsRichardO

The players up top should mix their playing positions during the game we see it in defence and midfield to cover for each other.
We seem to be in a mindset of I am a wingback so I must get up and down on my flank. Connors Roberts could be found in numerous position in play because that is where his movement and play takes him, as for keeping shape within a team that is up to his team mates once he goes AWOL.
There are sign but we are still playing as individuals and not a team,can we create that bond next year, hope so,maybe some youngsters to go with the existing youngsters
This team as it stands next season on 22:50 - Apr 16 with 2014 viewsThrasher6

If we keep Piroe, Obe, Downes and Pato...and build everything around them then we'll be a force next season. I'm gearing up....if the top half bet cops I'll be going back in on that priviso...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

This team as it stands next season on 02:07 - Apr 17 with 1943 viewsDr_Parnassus

The squad is good enough for promotion without question.

It isn’t very deep though which will take us out of automatic contention. But a play off finish is a must with the likes of Downes, Grimes, Ntcham, Naughton, Piroe, Pato, Obafemi, Cabango and Christie.

That’s a nucleus of 9 players that is absolutely among the best 6 in the division. For me top 6 will be expectation, top 8 will be somewhat acceptable - if not a bit disappointing after a whole year of gearing up - depending on your view.

Anything less will be an underachievement.

That obviously changes again if we bring in a host of players and improve further.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

This team as it stands next season on 08:55 - Apr 17 with 1881 viewsDr_Winston

This team as it stands next season on 20:17 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

I'd move him on too. Whatever cash we can raise/save by clearing out some deadwood is better used elsewhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This team as it stands next season on 09:02 - Apr 17 with 1860 viewsmagicdaps10

This team as it stands next season on 08:55 - Apr 17 by Dr_Winston

I'd move him on too. Whatever cash we can raise/save by clearing out some deadwood is better used elsewhere.

Football is a funny old game, how people see things differently.

Personally I would keep Garrick, would look to move on Cullen and Whittaker. I think Garrick performances at Plymouth this season would certainly get a few Championship clubs taking a look at him. He has assisted well this season and chipped in with a few goals, he can cover the RWB, the attacking midfield role aswell as play up top.
He is one player I would like to see part of the squad next season and will be interested to see how he goes if given the opportunity.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This team as it stands next season on 09:15 - Apr 17 with 1846 viewsDr_Winston

This team as it stands next season on 09:02 - Apr 17 by magicdaps10

Football is a funny old game, how people see things differently.

Personally I would keep Garrick, would look to move on Cullen and Whittaker. I think Garrick performances at Plymouth this season would certainly get a few Championship clubs taking a look at him. He has assisted well this season and chipped in with a few goals, he can cover the RWB, the attacking midfield role aswell as play up top.
He is one player I would like to see part of the squad next season and will be interested to see how he goes if given the opportunity.

He's 24 this year and still looks weak on the ball to me.

Personally I've always preferred the idea of moving him more central as the lad can clearly finish. Pace and finishing ability are a good mix. I've just got my doubts about him out wide against wilier defenders.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This team as it stands next season on 09:21 - Apr 17 with 1829 viewsItchySphincter

This team as it stands next season on 02:07 - Apr 17 by Dr_Parnassus

The squad is good enough for promotion without question.

It isn’t very deep though which will take us out of automatic contention. But a play off finish is a must with the likes of Downes, Grimes, Ntcham, Naughton, Piroe, Pato, Obafemi, Cabango and Christie.

That’s a nucleus of 9 players that is absolutely among the best 6 in the division. For me top 6 will be expectation, top 8 will be somewhat acceptable - if not a bit disappointing after a whole year of gearing up - depending on your view.

Anything less will be an underachievement.

That obviously changes again if we bring in a host of players and improve further.

I agree.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024