Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager: odds 13:14 - May 3 with 178017 viewsTonto

Manning favourite. Eustace second favourite. Our old friend Timmy turns up again.

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/queens-park-rangers

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New Manager: odds on 10:07 - May 24 with 4319 viewsQPR_John

New Manager: odds on 23:53 - May 23 by DejR_vu

Embarrassing, if true, but quite understandable.

If what has been rumoured is true, this ‘breakdown in communication’ was MW not picking Academy players. Now, MW was released because he didn’t make the playoffs. Both sides have said that if he had made the playoffs he would have been offered a new contract. So, not being stupid, he would have been very keen to win as many matches as possible, so was picking the payers he thought best equipped to deliver the points. He didn’t think the academy players were good enough (otherwise he would have picked them) and, judging by where most of the better ones are on loan, everyone else in football, apart from those with a vested interest otherwise, agreed with him. We fell short, he lost his job. If he had picked academy players we would have, in all likelihood, fared worse, so he would have lost his job. Heads you lose, tails you lose.

If I were a young, ambitious, well regarded, confident manager and saw how MW has apparently been thrown under the bus, after the job he’s done here, there’s not a snow drop in hell’s chance I would want to work for the people who threw him under that bus.

It would appear, from the outside, that there may be people at the club who may have made promises to the owners they can’t keep because they’re doing a very bad job. Why would I want to wreck my career working for people like that, especially if I was at a stable club where I know I can progress, and better offers, from clubs with better people, will come my way?

This club, imo, will go nowhere (positive) until the owners make some changes at the top and appoint people who have shown they can do the job.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 8:44]

“ So, not being stupid, he would have been very keen to win as many matches as possible, so was picking the payers he thought best equipped to deliver the points.”

Well that did not work out very well.
New Manager: odds on 10:11 - May 24 with 4290 viewsstantheman10

New Manager: odds on 08:57 - May 24 by ArcticHoop

Why would Pearce leave a job as a first team coach at PL club which plays Europe League to be an assistant at QPR?

If he comes, he comes as a manager/head coach
[Post edited 24 May 2022 9:02]

Pearce has already left West Ham
New Manager: odds on 10:12 - May 24 with 4270 viewsPunteR

New Manager: odds on 00:20 - May 24 by Northernr

Shambolic.

Still, pleased we shifted Warburton. Is Dyche still coming?

Ah brilliant.
4/1 they say. ?
Great

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New Manager: odds on 10:14 - May 24 with 4263 viewsQPR_John

New Manager: odds on 09:09 - May 24 by actonman

So it appears we have got rid of warby (rightly or wrongly) due to our end of season nose dive and with still no replacement in place , it looks like we are going to end up with whatever is left in the lucky dip bag !
Whoever turns up now is going to be under pressure to get results , not so much for themselfs but for les and co.

Starting to get a bit worried now that we end up with a crowd pleaser rather than someone who has been systematically picked as an ideal replacement for the club to push on

So fking typically qpr

“ Whoever turns up now is going to be under pressure to get results”

Football club wants to appoint a manger to get resullts. Well you learn something new every day
New Manager: odds on 10:23 - May 24 with 4191 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Manager: odds on 23:43 - May 23 by lightwaterhoop

Steve Howey didnt speak very well of Pearce either on Under the Cosh.

It won't be and shouldn't be Pearce, but I'm not listening to Steve fecking Howey's opinion on anyone. Even his own brother thinks he's a nobhead.

Bare bones.

New Manager: odds on 10:32 - May 24 with 4134 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 09:47 - May 24 by TheChef

Where's Pearce come from anyway? Is this just betting companies continuing to play football manager tombola?

yeah thats pretty much it
New Manager: odds on 11:22 - May 24 with 3958 viewsRangersw12

Dave MC answering a couple of questions on twitter
New Manager: odds on 11:57 - May 24 with 3761 viewsDannyPaddox

New Manager: odds on 11:22 - May 24 by Rangersw12

(Jon) Dahl M for Manager?
Login to get fewer ads

New Manager: odds on 12:02 - May 24 with 3728 viewsnumptydumpty

Speaking as one who said stick stick stick with Warburton and back him

We all said we were progressing in right direction.

We had justification for falling away. So many injuries to key players and no matter how good each new goalkeeper did , that position us so key ie calm to those ahead of them and goalkeeper is a different breed to an outfield player.

Warburton should have been offered improved deal. Clearly wasn't.

But if they weren't prepared to do that, they really should have had a ready made replacement in the wings otherwise this smacks of total shite administration of the whole process.

If you are potentially going to get rid the whole idea is to have someone who is at least as good or better to appoint soon as.

So pissed off with the team that got rid with no plan b.

This decision is going to way heavy with QPR fans unless successful.

The management team involved with manager recruitment really need to be taken to task.

If we had stuck with Warburton with more luck with injuries we could be top ten next season.

I reckon 16th or lower next season.

But really someone should have been in place almost immediately after Warburton left.

This all smacks of supreme incompetence and a totally unnecessary risk.

My overall comment

What a balls up from Les and Lee and Amit.

Unless of course Alex Ferguson comes out of retirement all is forgiven !!!

The only other reason in my eyes is appointment of Eustace as they seen what he can do but if it was him, surely there would already have been an announcement..
[Post edited 24 May 2022 12:07]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

New Manager: odds on 12:03 - May 24 with 3718 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Would make me giggle if it was someone absolutely no one was expecting. Vladimir Ivic has been out of a job since Watford sacked him while they were 5th...
New Manager: odds on 12:08 - May 24 with 3666 viewstoboboly

New Manager: odds on 12:03 - May 24 by Orthodox_Hoop

Would make me giggle if it was someone absolutely no one was expecting. Vladimir Ivic has been out of a job since Watford sacked him while they were 5th...

Chorley's manager has just stepped down...

https://www.chorleyfc.com/2022/05/23/vermo-steps-down-as-manager/

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

New Manager: odds on 12:16 - May 24 with 3592 viewsDannyPaddox

New Manager: odds on 12:03 - May 24 by Orthodox_Hoop

Or Felix Magath
New Manager: odds on 12:50 - May 24 with 3455 viewsdaveB

I'm old enough to remember when we appointed Steve McClaren and didn't really interview anyone because Fernandes liked him and we all moaned that the club was clueless because they didn't cast the net wide and talk to as many people as possible. Now they are doing that they are getting stick for not having someone lined up.

It is comical to see how much better a manager Warburton has become since he left. He did lose 12 of his last 19 games with us winning just 4 times, all last minute winners in games we were lucky to still be in. I loved the fella but lets not pretend keeping him was a no brainier, it wasn't
[Post edited 24 May 2022 12:52]
New Manager: odds on 12:51 - May 24 with 3452 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

New Manager: odds on 11:22 - May 24 by Rangersw12

Sounds ominous

Poll: Expectations for this season?

New Manager: odds on 13:04 - May 24 with 3365 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Manager: odds on 12:50 - May 24 by daveB

I'm old enough to remember when we appointed Steve McClaren and didn't really interview anyone because Fernandes liked him and we all moaned that the club was clueless because they didn't cast the net wide and talk to as many people as possible. Now they are doing that they are getting stick for not having someone lined up.

It is comical to see how much better a manager Warburton has become since he left. He did lose 12 of his last 19 games with us winning just 4 times, all last minute winners in games we were lucky to still be in. I loved the fella but lets not pretend keeping him was a no brainier, it wasn't

definitely not a no brainier ;)

I'm also old enough to remenber McClaren - it was about 4 years ago mate.

Agree though, i don't think you necessarily *need* to have someone lined up, and nothing wrong with taking your time.

As long as you get the right person. Ahem.

Bare bones.

New Manager: odds on 13:05 - May 24 with 3361 viewsDannyPaddox

New Manager: odds on 12:51 - May 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

Sounds ominous

Anaxagorasoupoulos Ominous of Panathinaikos?

Not a bad shout.
New Manager: odds on 13:13 - May 24 with 3279 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

New Manager: odds on 13:05 - May 24 by DannyPaddox

Anaxagorasoupoulos Ominous of Panathinaikos?

Not a bad shout.

Let’s hope he gets off to a good start, otherwise I fear he might come Acropperlis.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

New Manager: odds on 13:22 - May 24 with 3211 viewsBklynRanger

New Manager: odds on 13:13 - May 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

Let’s hope he gets off to a good start, otherwise I fear he might come Acropperlis.

Very true - some folk are beyond corinthing
New Manager: odds on 13:30 - May 24 with 3137 viewsswisscottage

New Manager: odds on 12:02 - May 24 by numptydumpty

Speaking as one who said stick stick stick with Warburton and back him

We all said we were progressing in right direction.

We had justification for falling away. So many injuries to key players and no matter how good each new goalkeeper did , that position us so key ie calm to those ahead of them and goalkeeper is a different breed to an outfield player.

Warburton should have been offered improved deal. Clearly wasn't.

But if they weren't prepared to do that, they really should have had a ready made replacement in the wings otherwise this smacks of total shite administration of the whole process.

If you are potentially going to get rid the whole idea is to have someone who is at least as good or better to appoint soon as.

So pissed off with the team that got rid with no plan b.

This decision is going to way heavy with QPR fans unless successful.

The management team involved with manager recruitment really need to be taken to task.

If we had stuck with Warburton with more luck with injuries we could be top ten next season.

I reckon 16th or lower next season.

But really someone should have been in place almost immediately after Warburton left.

This all smacks of supreme incompetence and a totally unnecessary risk.

My overall comment

What a balls up from Les and Lee and Amit.

Unless of course Alex Ferguson comes out of retirement all is forgiven !!!

The only other reason in my eyes is appointment of Eustace as they seen what he can do but if it was him, surely there would already have been an announcement..
[Post edited 24 May 2022 12:07]

I can understand your position re Warburton's removal, but you're totally unrealistic in terms of having the appointment ready to go.

The majority of managers that we had in mind for the position were already in a position with another club. Two of them specifically managing teams in play-offs. No chance do we start talking to those managers until their season is over, they wouldn't be given leave to talk to us, and nor would they talk to us whilst they are still hunting promotion with their current club.

If Manning and Ainsworth were at the top of our list of candidates then of course we're goign to wait until their respective seasons are over.. which wasn't until last Saturday.
New Manager: odds on 13:36 - May 24 with 3059 viewsDannyPaddox

New Manager: odds on 13:13 - May 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

Best chance of a good start is to get the Greek guy in asap so he can install his training programme and by the start of the season the squad will all be feta
New Manager: odds on 13:43 - May 24 with 2986 viewshubble

New Manager: odds on 13:36 - May 24 by DannyPaddox

Best chance of a good start is to get the Greek guy in asap so he can install his training programme and by the start of the season the squad will all be feta

He should be souvlaki.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

New Manager: odds on 13:49 - May 24 with 2925 viewsNorthernr

New Manager: odds on 12:50 - May 24 by daveB

Agree with the first par mate. A proper interview process is an improvement, not something to have a go at. Like you say, so much better than the way we ended up with Hughes, Redknapp, Holloway and McClaren.
New Manager: odds on 13:51 - May 24 with 2897 viewsPhildo

New Manager: odds on 13:43 - May 24 by hubble

He should be souvlaki.

its a real pitta this wasn't sorted out earlier
New Manager: odds on 14:02 - May 24 with 2822 viewsjohann28

New Manager: odds on 13:51 - May 24 by Phildo

its a real pitta this wasn't sorted out earlier

Agree. We need an appollogy
New Manager: odds on 14:27 - May 24 with 2650 viewsNushnool

New Manager: odds on 13:36 - May 24 by DannyPaddox

Odysseus Alfa promoted to the first team as midfield general?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024