Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager: odds 13:14 - May 3 with 177981 viewsTonto

Manning favourite. Eustace second favourite. Our old friend Timmy turns up again.

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/queens-park-rangers

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New Manager: odds on 08:17 - May 27 with 3029 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 07:01 - May 27 by Northernr

Throw in my theory that this is a very tricky job next season...

1 - We know the team has problems, with lack of pace, lack of decent forwards, absolutely no decent full or wing backs left in the squad. You've got to sort that, while also cutting the budget, and while also with a chunk of your available salary being sucked up by Johansen who it now seems is on the wane.

2 - There's zero confidence and momentum from this season. We saw, last summer, and at the start of the season, how that can carry through into a new campaign. None of that this time, the team is bereft.

3 - If we get any halfway decent offer for our best players at least one of them is going to have to go. Would you fancy your chances managing this team sans-Willock?

4 - There's a pressure, actually a financial necessity, to pick more 'kids', but there's little sign (m)any of them are Championship standard.

5 - I think there's an expectation among the supporters that we'll be 'going again' for another tilt at the top six. I see little chance of this for financial reasons. I think the club would snap your hand off now for a comfortable midtable finish with no dramas. That's going to be a difficult sell to supporters, particularly with season ticket prices going up, and plenty of doubt that sacking Warburton is the right thing. What the manager and board think is the manager doing well, may not be what the supporters think is doing well, so you could be on thin ice with the crowd right away.

... very tough gig for a rookie.

Whilst I agree with a lot of this I think the zero confidence thing could be averted with a new manager making it a fresh start for everyone, I think/hope that will wipe out any hangover from last season. A few new signings everything feels very different.

You'd hope whoever gets the job the fans will give them a chance but that's where communication from the manager about what he wants is going to be key, he needs to make us buy into what hes doing and then although you'll always get some moaning I think the majority will go with him. That aspect is where managers succeed and fail at QPR, the best ones are always good communicators.
New Manager: odds on 08:24 - May 27 with 2986 viewsNorthernr

New Manager: odds on 08:17 - May 27 by daveB

Whilst I agree with a lot of this I think the zero confidence thing could be averted with a new manager making it a fresh start for everyone, I think/hope that will wipe out any hangover from last season. A few new signings everything feels very different.

You'd hope whoever gets the job the fans will give them a chance but that's where communication from the manager about what he wants is going to be key, he needs to make us buy into what hes doing and then although you'll always get some moaning I think the majority will go with him. That aspect is where managers succeed and fail at QPR, the best ones are always good communicators.

Totally agree.
New Manager: odds on 08:25 - May 27 with 2984 viewsterryb

New Manager: odds on 02:42 - May 27 by Lblock

Why does this scream Chris Ramsey at me?

Undoubtedly sounds like he is brilliant at youth level coaching and development, but lacks a solid basis of adult professional first team experience in England. It’s a different ball game being front and centre gladiator number one in the lions den of football grounds with big crowds, going nose to nose with a senior player and giving them what for is a different kettle of monkeys than having a word with an Under 18 Scholar.
I’d also seriously doubt he’s been involved in negotiating players transfers or contracts. Clearly Belk etc are the drivers here but if he’s building a squad he needs input no?

I can see why he’d tick lots of boxes for the club:-
Youngish and hungryish (ergo cheap)
Will do as he’s told especially on development
In tandem with the above he’d readily accept sales of players and a churn of finding the next young replacement
Local lad (?)
May be fairly well connected at Academy level
Holds himself well in front of a camera!!!

I’m a dinosaur. I want a winner and a bit of nasty barsteward at the helm. One who will give a senior pro striker both barrels about his work rate and not accept the DoF doing that.
Always liked Darren Moore myself….. plus I’ve got a score on him at 25/1

"I’d also seriously doubt he’s been involved in negotiating players transfers or contracts."

Do any managers at Premier/Championship level get involved with this? Hopefully they are involved with selecting the players they want, but contracts would be left with the CEO & DOF to negoiate.
New Manager: odds on 08:50 - May 27 with 2853 viewsdavman

New Manager: odds on 23:05 - May 26 by davman

Ooooo - the odds have been removed from that site...

Oh, they're back with Pete Beale 2/1 on... It'll be Kathy next week...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

New Manager: odds on 09:39 - May 27 with 2646 viewskernowhoop

1 - We know the team has problems, with lack of pace, lack of decent forwards, absolutely no decent full or wing backs left in the squad. You've got to sort that, while also cutting the budget, and while also with a chunk of your available salary being sucked up by Johansen who it now seems is on the wane.

2 - There's zero confidence and momentum from this season. We saw, last summer, and at the start of the season, how that can carry through into a new campaign. None of that this time, the team is bereft.

3 - If we get any halfway decent offer for our best players at least one of them is going to have to go. Would you fancy your chances managing this team sans-Willock?

4 - There's a pressure, actually a financial necessity, to pick more 'kids', but there's little sign (m)any of them are Championship standard.

5 - I think there's an expectation among the supporters that we'll be 'going again' for another tilt at the top six. I see little chance of this for financial reasons. I think the club would snap your hand off now for a comfortable midtable finish with no dramas. That's going to be a difficult sell to supporters, particularly with season ticket prices going up, and plenty of doubt that sacking Warburton is the right thing. What the manager and board think is the manager doing well, may not be what the supporters think is doing well, so you could be on thin ice with the crowd right away.

Yes, as I implied in comments above and less succinctly - this is a very tough gig for a rookie.
New Manager: odds on 09:50 - May 27 with 2557 viewsstantheman10

Surely even worse for an experienced manager because they wouldn't get any leeway from the supporters whereas a rookie might get a little more leniency. Also the thought that Beale has been coaching huge amounts of youngsters at big clubs and will know the ones with talent that have slipped through the nets and maybe worth giving a punt to similar to the way we already picked up Eze etc.
New Manager: odds on 09:57 - May 27 with 2520 viewsTonto

I wish I had done a Robith style graph of these odds to show how people had risen and fallen. Its really been all over the place as rumours cone in, they fly up the odds then fall again. It would have made an interesting (in a geeky way) tracker

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New Manager: odds on 09:58 - May 27 with 2512 viewsDannytheR

New Manager: odds on 09:50 - May 27 by stantheman10

Surely even worse for an experienced manager because they wouldn't get any leeway from the supporters whereas a rookie might get a little more leniency. Also the thought that Beale has been coaching huge amounts of youngsters at big clubs and will know the ones with talent that have slipped through the nets and maybe worth giving a punt to similar to the way we already picked up Eze etc.

We didn't give Ramsey much leniency though, and unsually you saw that at LR as much as online.

Someone like Beale is obviously only going to work if he's genuinely given time by us *and* the board, who have a long track record of chipping in to disastrous effect.
Login to get fewer ads

New Manager: odds on 09:59 - May 27 with 2509 viewsPhildo

With QPR I have learned things are never as bad as they seem and never as good as you hope.
New Manager: odds on 10:02 - May 27 with 2455 viewsDannyPaddox

I read in a science journal that by the year 2035 everyone over the age of 18 will have been approached at least twice for the QPR job.
New Manager: odds on 10:12 - May 27 with 2382 viewsSonofpugwash

It's all in Nostradamus.
“The Moon in the full of night over the high mountain / The new sage with a lone brain sees it: By his disciples invited to be immortal, Eyes to the south. Hands in bosoms, bodies in the fire.”

Or indeed Oswald,The Frantic Friar Of Frome declared.
"When a peirce be nigh
Doth blacken the sky".
[Post edited 27 May 2022 10:21]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

New Manager: odds on 10:17 - May 27 with 2346 viewsTheChef

New Manager: odds on 09:59 - May 27 by Phildo

With QPR I have learned things are never as bad as they seem and never as good as you hope.

A bit like life.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New Manager: odds on 10:28 - May 27 with 2281 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Manager: odds on 10:02 - May 27 by DannyPaddox

I read in a science journal that by the year 2035 everyone over the age of 18 will have been approached at least twice for the QPR job.

‘QPR manager? Nah I’ll stick to the dung collecting thanks’

[Post edited 27 May 2022 10:30]
New Manager: odds on 10:40 - May 27 with 2177 viewsBuckR

New Manager: odds on 09:58 - May 27 by DannytheR

We didn't give Ramsey much leniency though, and unsually you saw that at LR as much as online.

Someone like Beale is obviously only going to work if he's genuinely given time by us *and* the board, who have a long track record of chipping in to disastrous effect.

Dont think you can compare. Although Ramsay had a squad that had zero confidence he still had some team at this level.

Green/Smithies
Hill
Onuoha
Chery
Phillips
Mackie
Austin (albeit for half a season)
Hoilett
Robinson

Those players at that time walk into our team now - expectations completely different
[Post edited 27 May 2022 10:43]
New Manager: odds on 10:40 - May 27 with 2175 viewsSonofpugwash

Billed as "dream manager's job"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/betting-tips/18458930/qpr-next-manager-odds-beale

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

New Manager: odds on 10:45 - May 27 with 2122 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 10:40 - May 27 by BuckR

Dont think you can compare. Although Ramsay had a squad that had zero confidence he still had some team at this level.

Green/Smithies
Hill
Onuoha
Chery
Phillips
Mackie
Hoilett
Robinson

Those players at that time walk into our team now - expectations completely different

also Leroy Fer, Faurlin and old Karl henry. Also spent a far chunk of change on Gladwin, Luongo, Polter and Perch. He had a squad which should have been pushing top 6 but managed it how you'sd manage the current squad trying to develop them.
New Manager: odds on 10:46 - May 27 with 2116 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

New Manager: odds on 09:50 - May 27 by stantheman10

I think the thing with Michael Beale is that on the face of it he looks exactly the sort of person a club like QPR should want in their set up. Whether his role should be as manager/first team coach is for someone more qualified than me to decide. Whether he’d come to us for anything other than the top job is unlikely in any case. If it is him then it will be interesting to hear his reasons for wanting the job.

Maybe the next appointment will signal a departure from the traditional manager role we’re used to at QPR. I thought this was going to be the case with Warburton but by the end he was front and centre, which arguably contributed to his downfall. It might take some getting used to and will no doubt attract criticism.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

New Manager: odds on 10:52 - May 27 with 2071 viewsHarbour

On this can see Gareth Ainsworth getting the nod used to managing small budget and has some experience in the development of players side…I agree-managing the supporters expectations will be a big challenge for whoever gets it.
New Manager: odds on 10:55 - May 27 with 2030 viewsDannytheR

New Manager: odds on 10:40 - May 27 by BuckR

Green/Smithies
Hill
Onuoha
Chery
Phillips
Mackie
Hoilett
Robinson

Are expectations that different? I'd say plenty of people are still going to treat anything less than an "ambitious" challenge for promotion as a failure *and* as the manager's fault if we fall short.

Not sure how widely read the memo about the finances has been.
New Manager: odds on 11:01 - May 27 with 1971 viewsDannytheR

New Manager: odds on 10:45 - May 27 by daveB

also Leroy Fer, Faurlin and old Karl henry. Also spent a far chunk of change on Gladwin, Luongo, Polter and Perch. He had a squad which should have been pushing top 6 but managed it how you'sd manage the current squad trying to develop them.

Again though, expectations. 11th was seen as a failure this season and however controversial it's become since, a *lot* of fans wanted Warburton gone on that basis. If we're kicking around the bottom of the table in January and getting turned over by Wigan at home, what's the mood going to be like? Just as importantly, are the board not going to have another moment of over-excitement and rip the plans up again?
New Manager: odds on 11:05 - May 27 with 1930 viewsstantheman10

New Manager: odds on 10:55 - May 27 by DannytheR

Are expectations that different? I'd say plenty of people are still going to treat anything less than an "ambitious" challenge for promotion as a failure *and* as the manager's fault if we fall short.

Not sure how widely read the memo about the finances has been.

Unfortunately I think that this last season was our last genuine chance of reaching the play-offs for a long while to come unless FFP changes. Personally I'd be happy to see us playing exciting attacking football and being top half and having a go at progressing a long way in the cups. To me the Premier League is more a poison chalice than holy grail
New Manager: odds on 11:07 - May 27 with 1921 viewsBklynRanger

One thing for me about choosing Beale is the core of that squad has already had a chance to see what they're capable of when they're at their best. Granted we'll be losing players and lets see what happens. But he seems like someone who will have a good chance of getting the players in the right place as far as belief and pattern of play goes. So to put him in as manager is a certain amount of a gamble but not an outlandish one I don't think considering our constraints - if you need to work with what you have and develop players then go and get the best person you can think of, and afford, for that.

He's also more than likely got a good awareness of youth prospects which can't hurt with trying to get a few microwave-ready bodies in.

The big and obvious question is how he would handle being front and centre when things aren't going well but a lot of that is down to personal temperament anyway.
New Manager: odds on 11:10 - May 27 with 1871 viewsLblock

New Manager: odds on 09:58 - May 27 by DannytheR

I saw something yesterday that the shape of the board is changing
The message went:-

So now Tony Fernandes and Kamarudin Meranun own just a 27% stake in QPR. Ruben Gnanlingam's stake is broadly unchanged, the Mittals are back up to 10% and the shadowy "QPR Newco" under new board member Richard Reilly are straight in with 12%
Tony slowly getting rid of the pain !

The Mittals holding jumped out at me.
Love Amit to bring back his mate Ishan and lead us hands on again; those two could’ve really taken us places as they had passion to succeed combined with level heads.

So maybe new movers and shakers will be front and centre and decisions not made over a game of FIFA this summer????

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New Manager: odds on 11:17 - May 27 with 1830 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Manager: odds on 10:52 - May 27 by Harbour

On this can see Gareth Ainsworth getting the nod used to managing small budget and has some experience in the development of players side…I agree-managing the supporters expectations will be a big challenge for whoever gets it.

I started to think that was the way they were leaning, but with Beale in the picture, I just can't see it. Gaz is so different from every other candidate, I'd be really surprised if it was him now.
But who bloody knows? As long as someone comes in and we get 100 points and score 100 goals next season and win all our London derbies and thrash Reading again and smash Chelsea in the Cup Final I couldn't vare less who it is.

Bare bones.

New Manager: odds on 11:24 - May 27 with 1767 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 11:01 - May 27 by DannytheR

Again though, expectations. 11th was seen as a failure this season and however controversial it's become since, a *lot* of fans wanted Warburton gone on that basis. If we're kicking around the bottom of the table in January and getting turned over by Wigan at home, what's the mood going to be like? Just as importantly, are the board not going to have another moment of over-excitement and rip the plans up again?

That scenario will be the same whether we appoint a manager with 300 games behind him or none. I do agree there is a lot of risk attached to Beale or Manning if we go with one of them but there does seem to be a trend at the moment to give these younger coaches a chance so can see why they are going down this road
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024