Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager: odds 13:14 - May 3 with 177392 viewsTonto

Manning favourite. Eustace second favourite. Our old friend Timmy turns up again.

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/queens-park-rangers

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New Manager: odds on 11:26 - May 27 with 4139 viewsPlanetHonneywood

New Manager: odds on 11:05 - May 27 by stantheman10

Unfortunately I think that this last season was our last genuine chance of reaching the play-offs for a long while to come unless FFP changes. Personally I'd be happy to see us playing exciting attacking football and being top half and having a go at progressing a long way in the cups. To me the Premier League is more a poison chalice than holy grail

I couldn’t agree more!

I mentioned on another thread after the Zamora Day I wasn’t bothered with what followed. In fact after the match we were chatting to some disappointed Derby fans, when one of our party pipes up: to be honest, if you took our spot in the Prem and sent the money down we’d be happier with that.

This became the consensus among us: deliriously happy at winning at Wembley, not that excited by the Prem.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New Manager: odds on 11:35 - May 27 with 4062 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 11:05 - May 27 by stantheman10

Unfortunately I think that this last season was our last genuine chance of reaching the play-offs for a long while to come unless FFP changes. Personally I'd be happy to see us playing exciting attacking football and being top half and having a go at progressing a long way in the cups. To me the Premier League is more a poison chalice than holy grail

I see no reason why that should be our only chance. The bulk of that side are still here and a year older & wiser. We know where the problems are in the team and they are fixable. Even with that horrific run in Feb/March/April we were still not that far away from the top 6. The likes of Millwall, Blackburn and Middlesbrough have all been around the top 6 for a few years and shown you can stay around there for more than 1 season. It won't be easy but this should be the start not the end.
New Manager: odds on 11:39 - May 27 with 4035 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Manager: odds on 11:26 - May 27 by PlanetHonneywood

I couldn’t agree more!

I mentioned on another thread after the Zamora Day I wasn’t bothered with what followed. In fact after the match we were chatting to some disappointed Derby fans, when one of our party pipes up: to be honest, if you took our spot in the Prem and sent the money down we’d be happier with that.

This became the consensus among us: deliriously happy at winning at Wembley, not that excited by the Prem.

i know this will be unpopular, but pretty much my dream season is an exciting run to the play-offs, then play well but lose at Wembley.

Bare bones.

New Manager: odds on 11:56 - May 27 with 3907 viewscolinallcars

New Manager: odds on 11:39 - May 27 by Antti_Heinola

i know this will be unpopular, but pretty much my dream season is an exciting run to the play-offs, then play well but lose at Wembley.

Not unpopular with me old bean. I loathe the Prem and apart from the er, shorthousery, I'm more than happy with being a better than average Championship team.
People say it's a competitive game so what's the point of not going for promotion. I get that of course, but for me the ritual of attending the games - the atmosphere, the camaraderie, the pub after, that's the thing for me.
New Manager: odds on 12:05 - May 27 with 3818 viewsPlanetHonneywood

New Manager: odds on 11:56 - May 27 by colinallcars

Not unpopular with me old bean. I loathe the Prem and apart from the er, shorthousery, I'm more than happy with being a better than average Championship team.
People say it's a competitive game so what's the point of not going for promotion. I get that of course, but for me the ritual of attending the games - the atmosphere, the camaraderie, the pub after, that's the thing for me.

What would make it more palatable, is taking the cups more seriously.

By that, I also mean a concerted effort - probably over time to be fair - to create a culture that didn’t look upon a cup draw as needing to ensure:

1. We don’t get some underperforming, soon-to-be relegated, basket case of a club with their worst squad ever, in the next round; or

2. A club from any league below us; or

3. A club within the same division as us; or

4. A club in a higher division who we miserably fail to achieve plucky giant killer status against.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New Manager: odds on 12:06 - May 27 with 3817 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 11:56 - May 27 by colinallcars

All of that is better when you are winning which is why there is such a downer on the premier league as you won't win many games. Doesn't matter what league you are in if you are losing it's shit, no one enjoyed the last 3 months at QPR it was so much better when we were winning and in the top 6.

I'd love to see us get promoted again, clubs like Brighton, Brentford, Palace and West Ham have shown you can go up and do well and if you don't and it's crap you'll be back in the championship before long anyway
New Manager: odds on 12:30 - May 27 with 3659 viewsMytch_QPR

Your QPR TV highlights tonight:

6.45: Beale Or No Beale. Les and Lee open a series of unmarked boxes in order to attempt to find their new dream manager / messiah - but they have to be careful as some of the boxes contain Phil Brown, Alan Curbishley and Paladini's old fax machine.

7.45: Westenders. Mick Beale re-opens the local launderette and is approached by a shady businessman - known only as 'Mr A' - who asks if he can launder other items than the boardroom curtains.

8.15: Cash In The Attic. Lee and Les have a clear out to try to raise some much-needed funds. This week they are trying to shift an old Austin with no MOT and an assortment of broken goalkeepers.

9.00: FILM: Carry On Up The Bush: Classic Ealing Comedy. After a string of unsuccessful appointments, a football club decide to break the mould and bring a female manager to the club.
Tony Fernandes: Bernard Bresslaw
Lee Hoos: Sid James
Charles Austin: Charles Hawtrey
Tim Sherwood: Leonard Rossiter
Gareth Ainsworth: Robin Askwith
Joseph de Barton: Peter Sellers
Emma Hayes: Hatty Jacques
The Ghost Of Mark Warburton: Yul 'Be Sorry' Brynner
[Post edited 27 May 2022 12:35]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

New Manager: odds on 12:31 - May 27 with 3649 viewsngbqpr

Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Field, Chair, Willock

This is the mantra I keep repeating to myself to keep my spirits up, my thinking being:

A. That's a spine that can only get better given their ages
B. It's a group you'd think any aspiring young manager would fancy coaching.

Gut feeling is we lose at most one - if we do, I comfort myself in the knowledge that we need the money / there's still five very good players.

After that, I have to admit it becomes a bit more straw clutching...

- can the new boss consistently unleash 'good Amos' and 'good Dykes', as opposed to their ineffectual twins?
- have we the financial wriggle room to eke out a couple of half decent full / wing backs?
- 'New gaffer' will surely know the addition of pace is key with what little budget he has

If any of Beale / Manning / Robinson come on board to work with the above, I'll be renewing with my glass just about half full.

A season marginally better than Warbs' first would do me - stupidly entertaining, but with marginally less goals conceded, leading to 10th or 11th rather than 13th, and with key players noticeably improving.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

New Manager: odds on 12:34 - May 27 with 3639 viewsDannytheR

New Manager: odds on 11:10 - May 27 by Lblock

I saw something yesterday that the shape of the board is changing
The message went:-

So now Tony Fernandes and Kamarudin Meranun own just a 27% stake in QPR. Ruben Gnanlingam's stake is broadly unchanged, the Mittals are back up to 10% and the shadowy "QPR Newco" under new board member Richard Reilly are straight in with 12%
Tony slowly getting rid of the pain !

The Mittals holding jumped out at me.
Love Amit to bring back his mate Ishan and lead us hands on again; those two could’ve really taken us places as they had passion to succeed combined with level heads.

So maybe new movers and shakers will be front and centre and decisions not made over a game of FIFA this summer????

Would be nice, wouldn't it? Always feels to me like Amit enjoys the appearance of running a football club far more than the reality, but a few less cooks in the boardroom and some sort of consistency or coherence would be long, long overdue.

Wonder what Richard Thompson is up to these days...
New Manager: odds on 12:36 - May 27 with 3624 viewsdmm

So now Tony Fernandes and Kamarudin Meranun own just a 27% stake in QPR. Ruben Gnanlingam's stake is broadly unchanged, the Mittals are back up to 10% and the shadowy "QPR Newco" under new board member Richard Reilly are straight in with 12%

Love Amit to bring back his mate Ishan and lead us hands on again; those two could’ve really taken us places as they had passion to succeed combined with level heads.

So maybe new movers and shakers will be front and centre and decisions not made over a game of FIFA this summer????

How significant is it that Gnanalingam still has the majority shareholding at around 51%?
New Manager: odds on 13:09 - May 27 with 3471 viewsjohann28

New Manager: odds on 12:30 - May 27 by Mytch_QPR

6.45: Beale Or No Beale. Les and Lee open a series of unmarked boxes in order to attempt to find their new dream manager / messiah - but they have to be careful as some of the boxes contain Phil Brown, Alan Curbishley and Paladini's old fax machine.

7.45: Westenders. Mick Beale re-opens the local launderette and is approached by a shady businessman - known only as 'Mr A' - who asks if he can launder other items than the boardroom curtains.

8.15: Cash In The Attic. Lee and Les have a clear out to try to raise some much-needed funds. This week they are trying to shift an old Austin with no MOT and an assortment of broken goalkeepers.

9.00: FILM: Carry On Up The Bush: Classic Ealing Comedy. After a string of unsuccessful appointments, a football club decide to break the mould and bring a female manager to the club.

QPR wacky races starring

Dick Dastardly as Les Ferdinand
Mutley as Tony Fernandez
Professor Pat Pending as Mark Warburton

Penelope pit stop as The GoalkeeperS
Ant Hill Mob as Harry Rednapp (several guises) and The Board
Peter Perfect as Charlie Austin
Hendrick and Sanderson as the gruesome twosome

Chris Willock as the red Max (occasional appearances due to demand)

Yoann Barbet and Stefan Johannson as sergeant blast and private meekly
Andre Gray and Lyndon Dykes as Lazy luke (swap alternate days)

For the kids: (I know, these actors deserve far better, but their day will come)
Ilias chair as Blubber Bear
Jimmy Dunne as Rufus ruffcut

Special guest - Keith Stroud as the mean machine
New Manager: odds on 13:31 - May 27 with 3324 viewscolinallcars

I'm pessimistic. I just saw Lee Hoos in Hammersmith Broadway asking people “any spare change guv?”
New Manager: odds on 13:36 - May 27 with 3280 viewsQPR_John

New Manager: odds on 11:39 - May 27 by Antti_Heinola

In all my years supporting this club I’ve never gone to game hoping they would lose.
New Manager: odds on 13:39 - May 27 with 3248 viewsbaz_qpr

There seems to be a sense coming from Villa and Rangers fans on Twitter that Beale is very much the man behind the throne with Gerrard and they are very worried about him going. It looks like its one of those gambles that could go spectacularly right or spectacularly wrong but personally one I would be inclined to take
New Manager: odds on 13:40 - May 27 with 3236 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Manager: odds on 12:30 - May 27 by Mytch_QPR

a thing of beauty.

Bare bones.

New Manager: odds on 13:46 - May 27 with 3175 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Manager: odds on 13:36 - May 27 by QPR_John

In all my years supporting this club I’ve never gone to game hoping they would lose.

well, i exaggerate for effect. of course i wouldn't want us to lose. but i wouldn't be hugely disappointed to have a great season without having to go up. hope that's better.

Bare bones.

New Manager: odds on 14:39 - May 27 with 2959 viewsMytch_QPR

I'm sure it's been discussed before but what is the going rate for a Championship Manager? - I'm guessing around £400 - 600k per annum. There are plenty of knowledgeable posters on here who would have a good idea.

The idea of getting a decent and ambitious PL coach is a good one I reckon, but I should imagine they are already earning at least the same salaries without the stress. I guess, as others have said on this thread, it would represent a risk for both parties.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

New Manager: odds on 14:48 - May 27 with 2908 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Manager: odds on 14:39 - May 27 by Mytch_QPR

I'm sure it's been discussed before but what is the going rate for a Championship Manager? - I'm guessing around £400 - 600k per annum. There are plenty of knowledgeable posters on here who would have a good idea.

The idea of getting a decent and ambitious PL coach is a good one I reckon, but I should imagine they are already earning at least the same salaries without the stress. I guess, as others have said on this thread, it would represent a risk for both parties.

I think all appointments and taking of jobs are risks to a degree, only people like Guardiola and Klopp are fairly surefire.
I think for Gaz, Beale, Robinson and Manning, there's very little risk for them at QPR. They all have good reputations and Robinson at Charlton the only failure amongst them. So they can all 'afford' for one to go wrong and still be confident of getting work elsewhere pretty quickly. We can't ruin a reputation in one stint - Houston would be the closest to this, but he just went back to being a no.2, didn't harm him too much. Or Magilton, but, you know, that was his own fault, not ours, for once.
All four candidates mentioned there could have very good reasons for taking our job, and the downside in all cases would be leaving a place where they like working and are popular.

Bare bones.

New Manager: odds on 15:04 - May 27 with 2826 viewsNorthernr

The American is the one to watch. Had a sniff at Derby around Christmas. You don't just buy 10% of a Championship football club going nowhere for fun.
New Manager: odds on 15:39 - May 27 with 2600 viewsQPR_John

New Manager: odds on 13:46 - May 27 by Antti_Heinola

well, i exaggerate for effect. of course i wouldn't want us to lose. but i wouldn't be hugely disappointed to have a great season without having to go up. hope that's better.

No problem. It’s just one of my pet hates when posters say they would not mind losing for one reason or another. I don’t believe anybody really means it.
New Manager: odds on 15:49 - May 27 with 2516 viewsLblock

New Manager: odds on 15:39 - May 27 by QPR_John

No problem. It’s just one of my pet hates when posters say they would not mind losing for one reason or another. I don’t believe anybody really means it.

As mentioned above I’d love to win the play offs, bag the cash, then stay in the Championship thus avoid regular servings of our own arse at increasingly stupid days and times.

To put this club back on something resembling an even keel we surely have to get promoted, continue the prudent approach or, in fact, actually invest further in it, and accept relegation with a possible lowest points ever tally.
The sugar rush transfer windows lining the pockets of half arsed “stars” and their lizard agents are gone. Forever I hope

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New Manager: odds on 15:50 - May 27 with 2521 viewsRangersw12

New Manager: odds on 15:39 - May 27 by QPR_John

Similar to people saying would be happy with midtable then want the manager out when were midtable
New Manager: odds on 16:17 - May 27 with 2372 viewsOldPedro

New Manager: odds on 15:49 - May 27 by Lblock

As mentioned above I’d love to win the play offs, bag the cash, then stay in the Championship thus avoid regular servings of our own arse at increasingly stupid days and times.

To put this club back on something resembling an even keel we surely have to get promoted, continue the prudent approach or, in fact, actually invest further in it, and accept relegation with a possible lowest points ever tally.
The sugar rush transfer windows lining the pockets of half arsed “stars” and their lizard agents are gone. Forever I hope

"To put this club back on something resembling an even keel we surely have to get promoted, continue the prudent approach or, in fact, actually invest further in it, and accept relegation with a possible lowest points ever tally. "

I know a few Huddersfield fans who are saying exactly the same about the playoff final - none of them are confident about getting many points next season if they do go up - just want the stability that the cash could bring

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

New Manager: odds on 16:17 - May 27 with 2371 viewskropotkin41

New Manager: odds on 15:04 - May 27 by Northernr

The American is the one to watch. Had a sniff at Derby around Christmas. You don't just buy 10% of a Championship football club going nowhere for fun.

Can you unpack that a little for the hard of thinking? What do you suspect his motives might be?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

New Manager: odds on 16:27 - May 27 with 2257 viewsLblock

New Manager: odds on 16:17 - May 27 by kropotkin41

Can you unpack that a little for the hard of thinking? What do you suspect his motives might be?

See Khan at Foolham?
See Glaziers at Utd?
See Scum at Scum?
Or….. Liverpool or Villa or…… wait for it…..Derby possibly!!!

Who knows.
All I know is the mantra Ingham used to trot was always right :- owners - never ever trust ‘em and hold ‘em to the highest account

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024