Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe 09:24 - May 6 with 12350 viewssparkey

Won 2-0 yesterday vs the fake dons. Fairytale what Ainsworth is doing there. Surely we're all rooting for them especially after their unjust relegation last season.
Wycombe on 20:33 - May 8 with 3334 viewsNed_Kennedys

Well done Gareth, brilliant defensive performance from his team.
He would do a good job for us I think if Wycombe don’t go up: I’m sure he was the manager when Eze went there on loan which proved the making of him so he can definitely work with flair payers when given the chance.
Wycombe on 20:33 - May 8 with 3343 viewspaulparker

If Ainsworth dressed like Liam Manning we would all be wanting him pure snobbery why he doesn’t get other jobs
Get Ainsworth back ASAP , a proper winner

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wycombe on 20:44 - May 8 with 3286 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Delighted. Detest Franchise FC with a passion.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wycombe on 20:48 - May 8 with 3255 viewsNorthantsHoop

Would be happy if Ainsworth got Rangers job, but if we plump for Manning, hope he brings a couple of MK Dons players with him, that Twine looks really good and the young Canadian winger Corbinau right handful.
Wycombe on 21:02 - May 8 with 3180 viewsDannyPaddox

Interesting there were four (or five) young Prem loanees in the MK Dons team and Manning has them playing as a team rather than strangers. That’s another plus point for him.
Wycombe on 21:10 - May 8 with 3130 viewsjoolsyp

Wycombe on 20:48 - May 8 by NorthantsHoop

Would be happy if Ainsworth got Rangers job, but if we plump for Manning, hope he brings a couple of MK Dons players with him, that Twine looks really good and the young Canadian winger Corbinau right handful.

Agreed on Corbineau - very tricky winger. On loan from Wolves though - can we send Dion back and have him instead?
[Post edited 8 May 2022 21:10]
Wycombe on 22:48 - May 8 with 2851 viewsdaveB

Like the look of Manning but wary of a manager who hasn't had to come through bad times yet, similar to JFH. He might work out but it's a big risk

Agree with Paul Parker that if Ainsworth hadn't played for us we'd been all over him. Done an incredible job at Wycombe
Wycombe on 22:52 - May 8 with 2843 viewsRangersw12

Wycombe on 22:48 - May 8 by daveB

Like the look of Manning but wary of a manager who hasn't had to come through bad times yet, similar to JFH. He might work out but it's a big risk

Agree with Paul Parker that if Ainsworth hadn't played for us we'd been all over him. Done an incredible job at Wycombe

Wycombe very lucky tonight but have to give Ainsworth credit for the amazing job he's done .

As for him being our next manager it's the type of football that puts me off and we would soon get on his back if he didn't hit the ground running
Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe on 23:10 - May 8 with 2779 viewsNed_Kennedys

Wycombe on 22:52 - May 8 by Rangersw12

Wycombe very lucky tonight but have to give Ainsworth credit for the amazing job he's done .

As for him being our next manager it's the type of football that puts me off and we would soon get on his back if he didn't hit the ground running

No we wouldn’t.

Warburton has been given a lot of time and patience from the fans: really no negativity towards him at games at all, some booing at the Peterborough home game but that was not specifically aimed at him.
Wycombe on 23:24 - May 8 with 2766 viewsdaveB

Wycombe on 22:52 - May 8 by Rangersw12

isn't that the case with any manager, if Manning comes in and we're crap he'll be getting stick quickly.
Wycombe on 00:19 - May 9 with 2684 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wycombe on 09:32 - May 7 by Antti_Heinola

He's been considered before, even interviewed last time I believe, so that's a nonsense.
Sadly, there are fans on here that would have Wild Thing for breakfast within 6 months (Shite Thing, I suspect, would be his hilarious nickname) and for that reason alone I don't want him at Rangers. Love him too much.

Gareth Ain’t Worth
Wycombe on 05:21 - May 9 with 2542 viewsstowmarketrange

Wycombe on 23:10 - May 8 by Ned_Kennedys

No we wouldn’t.

Warburton has been given a lot of time and patience from the fans: really no negativity towards him at games at all, some booing at the Peterborough home game but that was not specifically aimed at him.

He was lucky that there were no fans at games for a lot of the time he was manager here because he might’ve got a lot of stick before last January’s signings turned our club’s form around.We seemed to be heading towards league 1 until CA and the others came here.
Wycombe on 06:37 - May 9 with 2442 viewsRangersw12

Wycombe on 23:24 - May 8 by daveB

isn't that the case with any manager, if Manning comes in and we're crap he'll be getting stick quickly.

True but if a manager plays decent/entertaing football they usually have a bit more credit in bank

From what I've seen Ainsworth doesn't so if results aren't great people will turn very quickly
Wycombe on 08:03 - May 9 with 2331 viewsdaveB

Wycombe on 05:21 - May 9 by stowmarketrange

He was lucky that there were no fans at games for a lot of the time he was manager here because he might’ve got a lot of stick before last January’s signings turned our club’s form around.We seemed to be heading towards league 1 until CA and the others came here.

If fans were in the ground that season he'd have gone after the Swansea defeat, no doubt about it
Wycombe on 08:12 - May 9 with 2311 viewsNorthernr

Wycombe on 09:27 - May 6 by Northernr

After the first 15 minutes they played seriously well. I was very impressed.

I mean, not a style of football I would enjoy watching, but also not just boot it and hope - MK Dons have those two kids up front who are mustard and Wycombe very effectively kept them out of the game with a clever set up and plan. MK won 5-0 at the weekend and that Twine wonderkid scored four of them, last night they restricted him to free kicks only and he got subbed in the end. I think Ainsworth plays up to the class clown, long ball stuff, but there's a bit more to him and them on last night's evidence.

Small thing though, they were so dominant and playing ten men in the final quarter of an hour, I think they'll come to regret not pushing harder for a third goal. I remember last time they absolutely destroyed Fleetwood in the first leg, but needed it because they basically didn't show up for the second leg and nearly got caught.

Nearly right.
Wycombe on 10:44 - May 9 with 2127 viewsaston_hoop

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but given how long it took Ainsworth to get Wycombe performing and the years of ups and downs including nearly taking them out of the football league in his second season, making the playoffs but losing them in his 3rd season, missing out on the playoffs in his 4th and 5th season then taking them up in his 6th season, would he be given time at QPR to put a side together like at Wycombe? Or would we hound him out if we're 15th in 6 months time?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wycombe on 11:14 - May 9 with 2068 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wycombe on 10:44 - May 9 by aston_hoop

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but given how long it took Ainsworth to get Wycombe performing and the years of ups and downs including nearly taking them out of the football league in his second season, making the playoffs but losing them in his 3rd season, missing out on the playoffs in his 4th and 5th season then taking them up in his 6th season, would he be given time at QPR to put a side together like at Wycombe? Or would we hound him out if we're 15th in 6 months time?

I think we know the answer to that unfortunately.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 11:14]
Wycombe on 11:38 - May 9 with 1991 viewsdaveB

That's the same for whoever becomes manager, they'll be hounded out and called idiots by our fans at some stage, that's pretty much the case at every club not unique to us

Warbs is getting a lot of love at the moment but if the club had decided to keep him the mood would be very different imo, he was getting some right stick until it was announced he was going.
Wycombe on 11:39 - May 9 with 1986 viewsDannyPaddox

Regardless of the next Rs manager debate I’m looking forward to seeing Gaz in the play-off Final strutting around the Wembley dugout and technical area like some hair-rock doyen. I reckon the Wycombe Wild-Things could have Sunderland but would need a supreme backs-to-the-wall battle to beat Wednesday.
Wycombe on 12:08 - May 9 with 1920 viewsQPR_Jim

The time it took him at Wycombe was partly due to the state of the club when he took I thought. Sure he wouldn't be an overnight success and I'm not sure I want him to damage his reputation here, but I think he'd most likely do a good job.
Wycombe on 12:34 - May 9 with 1850 viewsTheChef

Wycombe on 11:39 - May 9 by DannyPaddox

Regardless of the next Rs manager debate I’m looking forward to seeing Gaz in the play-off Final strutting around the Wembley dugout and technical area like some hair-rock doyen. I reckon the Wycombe Wild-Things could have Sunderland but would need a supreme backs-to-the-wall battle to beat Wednesday.

He should be more explicit about his sponsorship by Grecian 2000..

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wycombe on 12:37 - May 9 with 1839 viewsNorthernr

Can't really lose now, three great trips left and MK have been fcked off, so very happy about that.
Wycombe on 12:57 - May 9 with 1768 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’d like to see Gaz get it.

It’s more about the process than personality with us isn’t it? In between faculty Updates why not get someone who might get 10% more leeway than the other names in the frame.

Undoubtedly though, we will turn on him because I don’t think it’s quite sunk in that we aren’t a buying club anymore.
Wycombe on 21:55 - May 9 with 1408 viewsSuffolkHoop

Wycombe on 12:37 - May 9 by Northernr

Can't really lose now, three great trips left and MK have been fcked off, so very happy about that.

Sunderland are a better side, fancy them to beat Wycombe.
Wycombe on 22:38 - May 9 with 1312 viewsdaveB

Wycombe on 21:55 - May 9 by SuffolkHoop

Sunderland are a better side, fancy them to beat Wycombe.

would rather Wycombe, they were my Grandads team plus Sunderland more likely to be better than us next season so rather they stayed down. Also comedy value
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024