Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders 06:12 - May 20 with 21767 viewsdavman

Jeez, the football world is f-d up again. There are laws in place for encroaching on the field of play and what happened this week explains exactly why.

Sharp had no time to react to the high vis fat cannonball attacker, who has rightly been convicted and no doubt Viera and McBurnie will get some form of punishment. But Viera and McB's "victims" will get off Scott free even though they are law breakers by just being there. Getting on the pitch is one thing, but if you act like a massive weapon when you are on there, you should have every legal order thrown at you.

Loads of people think it's just an innocent laugh pitch invading, but I'd imagine that, with the percentage of idiots that live amongst us, it is probably really frightening for both sets of players and staff. After all, no pitch invasion, no provocation and no punishment for Viera and Mr. Completescotsname.

I hope they chuck the book at Forest and Everton and threaten them with a behind closed doors game for letting that happen. Disgraceful.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 07:31 - May 21 with 1871 viewsdavman

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 23:40 - May 20 by LythamR

i love this hindsight and people saying there shouldnt have been lockdowns etc but look how many died and then join the dots to how many would have died without the lockdowns

that said there is no denying that we are in serious financial trouble, we were heading that way anywat before Covid and Ukraine, unless you happen to be an armaments manufacturer or one of their shareholders in which case life is peachy

I just hope its not a really hot summer because it will only take one incident to light the fuse during a heatwave, good job the world cup is in November this year is my thinking

Not thought about that World Cup angle, 'cos I make you spot on there; I have avoided going out to watch games in pubs or crowds for a good 10 years now for exactly that reason and the Euros showed what a bunch of animals the "English" fan is.

Not exactly great, Halcyon Days, are these?

Can we go out yet?

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 07:37 - May 21 with 1846 viewsdavman

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 19:52 - May 20 by The_Beast1976

"Post lockdown I think there's a proper "fck you" selfish attitude to the place. We collectively as a country did as we were told, sat in our homes for two years, and it's now turning out that this was possibly OTT, possibly unnecessary, possibly could have been done differently....."

IMO it certainly was OTT, unnecessary, could have been done differently, etc (and those of us who even thought so at the time were basically labelled as maniacs who didn't give a shite about anyone but ourselves (when nothing could have been further from the truth)). Our Russian a friend on here also said it would bring about global financial collapse - given the way things are heading.now, will he be proven correct?

Anyway, I guess you can't blame people for reacting in a somewhat unpleasant manner when the realisation dawns on them that they've been, at best, 'misled' and that, consequently, it is going to have a significantly detrimental effect on their standard of living.

Sadly, as you suggest, it's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better, unless really stringent/draconian measures are taken (albeit that could actually have the opposite effect I guess and make things even worse).
[Post edited 20 May 2022 20:01]

Beastie, please don't bring him out again! Is he like Beetlegeuse where we have to say his name three times?

Covid may have played a part in all that, but Brexit and the Ukrainian war create a somewhat perfect storm that we are going to try to manage. Some (without an agenda to be able to claim "I told you so") might argue that reliance on imports such as grain and gas from one supplier may be having a bigger effect than COVID...

As I said earlier, not exactly the best of times...

Can we go out yet?

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 07:41 - May 21 with 1841 viewsdistortR

I was talking to my son last night about what's happening in parts of England, as described so well by Clive. I think we are very lucky over here - we have high inflation but generally the employnent rates are good, we have an arrogant, corrupt and self-serving political elite (The treasury minister has just been forced to resign, the head of the civil service taken early retirement, more to come) etc - but we don't have the levels of anger. Why? Well, we don't have the density of population, divisive identity politics are still generally played out on the fringes , our lock-downs were a lot shorter then yours but I think the main reason is that we have managed to retain a sense of community.
We also don't have much in the way of investigative journalism, with the 'major' media outlets all subsidised heavily by the government. So unless you actively hunt for what is going on, as I do, you can be quite ignorant to the scale of the corruption. So, while this annoys me and I'd like to see a lot of change, I also wonder if, to an extent, ignorance is bliss?
By the by, I think, economically at least, we're in real trouble here, but who isn't?

Lucky us, as I said.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 07:56 - May 21 with 1820 viewsQPR_Jim

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 23:40 - May 20 by LythamR

i love this hindsight and people saying there shouldnt have been lockdowns etc but look how many died and then join the dots to how many would have died without the lockdowns

that said there is no denying that we are in serious financial trouble, we were heading that way anywat before Covid and Ukraine, unless you happen to be an armaments manufacturer or one of their shareholders in which case life is peachy

I just hope its not a really hot summer because it will only take one incident to light the fuse during a heatwave, good job the world cup is in November this year is my thinking

When you look back there weren't that many deaths*, so we should have just done as we are at the moment** as it seems to all be ok now.

* When everyone was essentially staying at home.
** When a significant portion of the country is vaccinated.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:03 - May 21 with 1787 viewsRangersw12

Great, it's turning into a political thread 🙄
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:46 - May 21 with 1717 viewsNorthernr

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 20:55 - May 20 by Myke

Hindsight is wonderful - people were dying in their thousands and nobody knew anything about the virus

Just to clarify, it's not what I think. As you say, 100,000s people dead even with the restrictions, there'd be a million people dead now without them. People on here had loved ones die and get very sick. What I am saying though is the idea is gaining traction and followers, and with it more anger.

I am pissd about the parties and beergate and all of that. I did as I was told, had all my favourite things taken off me, didn't see my mum for two years which was very tough because we're a tiny family now. Turns out they were getting tanked up at leaving dos. I'm very angry about that, specifically, so am more inclined to feel like 'fck you' when I'm told what to do now.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:47 - May 21 with 1714 viewsNorthernr

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:03 - May 21 by Rangersw12

Yeh and do you know what that's totally my fault this time. Total hypocrite. I apologise.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:50 - May 21 with 1694 viewstoboboly

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:46 - May 21 by Northernr

Just to clarify, it's not what I think. As you say, 100,000s people dead even with the restrictions, there'd be a million people dead now without them. People on here had loved ones die and get very sick. What I am saying though is the idea is gaining traction and followers, and with it more anger.

I am pissd about the parties and beergate and all of that. I did as I was told, had all my favourite things taken off me, didn't see my mum for two years which was very tough because we're a tiny family now. Turns out they were getting tanked up at leaving dos. I'm very angry about that, specifically, so am more inclined to feel like 'fck you' when I'm told what to do now.

Difference is your anger (and the rest of ours) doesn't see us go out and twt people. I think covid is giving a lot of cnts an excuse for being a cnt

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:54 - May 21 with 1700 viewsNorthernr

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:50 - May 21 by toboboly

Difference is your anger (and the rest of ours) doesn't see us go out and twt people. I think covid is giving a lot of cnts an excuse for being a cnt

Yes because like I say in my original post I count myself as quite rational, level headed, sensible. But not everybody is like that.

I agree with you to a certain extent that cnts gonna cnt, but to me the country looks and feels a lot angrier, a lot more violent, a lot more cnty than it has been at any point in my life basically. There's no one reason for it, I've outlined a few of what I think those are in that post. Which I'm not regretting because I reckon I've set myself up for another 16 page brexit/covid thread so I apologise.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:59 - May 21 with 1685 viewsloftboy

Back on topic I can see clubs going back to fences, not the hideous cages we had before but something similar to Wembley.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 09:23 - May 21 with 1649 viewsstowmarketrange

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:59 - May 21 by loftboy

Back on topic I can see clubs going back to fences, not the hideous cages we had before but something similar to Wembley.

That might be preferable than having to leave the front 10 rows of seats empty in every stand and netting over them.As long as they aren’t like the old metal cages.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 09:26 - May 21 with 1638 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:59 - May 21 by loftboy

We’d have a 15,000 capacity if that were the case. Let’s hope this is all a flash in the pan.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 09:31 - May 21 with 1616 viewsQPR_Jim

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:03 - May 21 by Rangersw12

Apologies for my part in that.

On the fences issue, it's got to be a non starter after Hillsborough. My initial thought was why stewards don't stop fans any more, I appreciate that they don't get paid a lot but they never have but seemed to be more determined to stop people previously.

Maybe pay them a bit more and arm them with pepper spray? What could go wrong...

Ultimately this situation shouldn't be an issue if people were just able to be a bit more mature. I think we had a few instances of fans on the pitch for goal celebrations this season and the general response was that it was just kids having fun but they mainly looked like grown men.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 09:37 - May 21 with 1571 viewstoboboly

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 08:54 - May 21 by Northernr

Yes because like I say in my original post I count myself as quite rational, level headed, sensible. But not everybody is like that.

I agree with you to a certain extent that cnts gonna cnt, but to me the country looks and feels a lot angrier, a lot more violent, a lot more cnty than it has been at any point in my life basically. There's no one reason for it, I've outlined a few of what I think those are in that post. Which I'm not regretting because I reckon I've set myself up for another 16 page brexit/covid thread so I apologise.

Bring back national service!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 09:57 - May 21 with 1525 viewsRangersw12

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 09:31 - May 21 by QPR_Jim

Apologies for my part in that.

On the fences issue, it's got to be a non starter after Hillsborough. My initial thought was why stewards don't stop fans any more, I appreciate that they don't get paid a lot but they never have but seemed to be more determined to stop people previously.

Maybe pay them a bit more and arm them with pepper spray? What could go wrong...

Ultimately this situation shouldn't be an issue if people were just able to be a bit more mature. I think we had a few instances of fans on the pitch for goal celebrations this season and the general response was that it was just kids having fun but they mainly looked like grown men.

I think the main deterent will be swift action by the courts which is what has happened with the Forest fella

As I said earlier clubs also have a part to play and they need to stop trying to wind up other clubs. There seems to be this modern thing that anything is acceptable if you call it "banter"

It might be banter to some but for others it could bring out violent tendencys
[Post edited 21 May 2022 10:00]
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 10:10 - May 21 with 1490 viewsdistortR

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 09:57 - May 21 by Rangersw12

I think the main deterent will be swift action by the courts which is what has happened with the Forest fella

As I said earlier clubs also have a part to play and they need to stop trying to wind up other clubs. There seems to be this modern thing that anything is acceptable if you call it "banter"

It might be banter to some but for others it could bring out violent tendencys
[Post edited 21 May 2022 10:00]

off anti-politics now, and I agree with you about players winding opposition fans up. Austin's response to scoring against sheff uyd was a case in point, ok he may well have been getting shit from them (Or not), but isn't scoring against them enough? Celebrate with your own.

Up in the promotion securing game at Wednesday, I was in their end and Paul Furlong was taking torents of vile, racist abuse. it was actually quite shocking, it wasn't just a couple of bone heads. And no, he shouldn't have had to. But his response was in his performance, I have huge admiration for him.

I guess, in a way, Austin's celebrations were as performative (Within the context that he is a performer as well) as some of the other actions discussed.

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 10:12 - May 21 with 1476 viewsstowmarketrange

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 10:10 - May 21 by distortR

off anti-politics now, and I agree with you about players winding opposition fans up. Austin's response to scoring against sheff uyd was a case in point, ok he may well have been getting shit from them (Or not), but isn't scoring against them enough? Celebrate with your own.

Up in the promotion securing game at Wednesday, I was in their end and Paul Furlong was taking torents of vile, racist abuse. it was actually quite shocking, it wasn't just a couple of bone heads. And no, he shouldn't have had to. But his response was in his performance, I have huge admiration for him.

I guess, in a way, Austin's celebrations were as performative (Within the context that he is a performer as well) as some of the other actions discussed.

I thought his taunting was worse at derby.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 10:13 - May 21 with 1470 viewsdistortR

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 10:12 - May 21 by stowmarketrange

I thought his taunting was worse at derby.

yeah, agreed.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 10:27 - May 21 with 1440 viewsthemodfather

celebratory pitch invasions are one thing but there is a current underbelly of pwoper nawtiness.....the fireworks/.flares is one nuisance but attacks on players and staff is not good. we DO NOT WANT fences or moats at grounds ever again.
do the media big up games? fans also would not like alcohol bans in grounds and sales blocked near to grounds either.....
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 13:34 - May 21 with 1314 viewsMyke

Can you drink DURING matches in England now? They introduced that here post lockdown and not a great idea imo. Apart from people getting more tanked up (and for some that means more aggressive), but also having to stand up every few minutes to let someone go to the bar or the toilet. I would imagine being drunker would also increase pitch invasions and the violence associated with them
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 14:05 - May 21 with 1272 viewsbollockchops

Earlier in the forest v sheff game Heckingbottom had a violent episode with a forest player has anything happened about that or have i missed it ?
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 21:25 - May 21 with 1075 viewsdigswellhoop

virra was retaliation dont bkame him mc bernie stamp if proven ban him for a season
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 10:16 - May 22 with 878 viewsMistication92

I don't blame any player for trying to defend themselves. They shouldn't have to deal with that kind of thing. Didn't Forest have another encroachment incident in the Cup earlier in the season? Not suggesting that they're better or worse than any other set of fans BTW.

I'm starting to lose patience with football fans TBH, who think nothing of abusing a player for 90 minutes, but God forbid if the player cups an ear in response. Similar (as others have mentioned) is the endless desire to act the big man from across the segregation. ISTM there are a load of clubs that encourage this sort of thing because it might add to the atmosphere. See changes in away ends at Huddersfield, Middlesborough, Reading, Derby.

Fences won't be brought back because of the symbolism, however with all-seater stadiums and all-ticket matches being the norm nowadays I don't really see why they shouldn't at least be on the table as an option, even if that's to act as a deterrent for next season.

Also worth mentioning the amount of drug use at games, which seems to be across the leagues. Jonathon Wilson wrote a good piece in the Guardian the other day about this. Peterborough in the league this season was absurd, going back a few years there was that season opener at Charlton. We all know it's happening, but there seems to be zero desire to try and combat it.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 10:47 - May 22 with 856 viewsNorthernr

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 13:34 - May 21 by Myke

Can you drink DURING matches in England now? They introduced that here post lockdown and not a great idea imo. Apart from people getting more tanked up (and for some that means more aggressive), but also having to stand up every few minutes to let someone go to the bar or the toilet. I would imagine being drunker would also increase pitch invasions and the violence associated with them

Still no, but they're talking about relaxing that. I hope, and suspect, that all this stuff will have put an end to it, which is a good thing IMO. Would be an absolute pain in the ars.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 11:17 - May 22 with 805 viewsdavman

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 10:47 - May 22 by Northernr

Still no, but they're talking about relaxing that. I hope, and suspect, that all this stuff will have put an end to it, which is a good thing IMO. Would be an absolute pain in the ars.

The withdrawal for having to stop for an hour before the rushed top up HT pint is all part of the fun.

Can we go out yet?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024