Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! 12:12 - May 24 with 8572 viewsnumptydumpty

Now what !!!

We were rebuilding and have consistently improved.

We always seem have losing runs and it's inevitable for everyone apart from the extreme elite.

All those who said twist, what is your response now.

From all those who said stick with Warburton we offer you our heartfelt thanks !!!!

Roll eyes !! 🙄

As said at the time, be careful what you wish for !!!

[Post edited 24 May 2022 12:14]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 12:21 - May 24 with 4789 viewsbosh67

Simply playing devils avocado here but I wonder how much notice of us fans the board really takes? Did the fans screaming for Warburton's head because he hadn't won the Champions League yet really influence the board? I get the feeling had we made the play-offs and gone out in the semi finals that they would have given Mark the boot anyway. I may be wrong but it feels like some kind of internal politics led to his contract not being renewed.

I agree with the basics though... there appears to be a divine right amongst some fans that we should automatically be in the play-offs or better. The shame this season is that a number of things went wrong and we were judged (or it feels like we were judged) on Luton and Huddersfield pipping us to it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 12:55 - May 24 with 4660 viewsLythamR

Well i was in the keep Warburton camp but this thread is a bit premature, nothing has yet been implemented yet to judge positively or negatively

I will hold my fire until ive got something to aim at, you never know we may be pleasantly surprised yet
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 13:20 - May 24 with 4558 viewsjoe90

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 12:21 - May 24 by bosh67

Simply playing devils avocado here but I wonder how much notice of us fans the board really takes? Did the fans screaming for Warburton's head because he hadn't won the Champions League yet really influence the board? I get the feeling had we made the play-offs and gone out in the semi finals that they would have given Mark the boot anyway. I may be wrong but it feels like some kind of internal politics led to his contract not being renewed.

I agree with the basics though... there appears to be a divine right amongst some fans that we should automatically be in the play-offs or better. The shame this season is that a number of things went wrong and we were judged (or it feels like we were judged) on Luton and Huddersfield pipping us to it.

Good point to raise about how much notice the board takes...

I was thinking, a lot of the speculation about managers is completely baseless, yet people get so carried away with it.
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 13:21 - May 24 with 4541 viewsRangersDave

Yeah, cos a bunch of naysayers (me included) have the power to get our manager sacked?

God if it was only that easy in the Hughes, Shotknees, Sibley, etc etc era's.

he was got rid (another way of saying sacked/made unemployed) because the board and he had problems.

I personally felt that he was a 1 trick pony in team selection, formations, and was lacking in forward thinking when it came to changing things around. Toblerone football wasnt going to win us friends or even games, although it looked good on the possetion stats i suppose.

Yes we had problems with injuries, had a striker or 3 with their laces tied together, but we were offered a new one and the manager turned them down.

If you read the words printed shortly after he was let go, you'll realise that even if only 50% of that was true, it was damming, and proved we were better off rid.

How do i feel as a naysayer? well i'm not going to castgate those that wanted to keep him. The games about opinions, and we are all entitled to ours, and on a forum we are entitled to say them.

Those that wanted to keep him against those that didnt. the yin and the yan, sometimes one side will not be right, sometimes wrong.

I just hope Warbs learns from this (although going by the Dave Mc piece i'm not sure he can), and goes on to lift the Premier League trophy with Man City in a couple of seasons after ousting Pepe.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 13:23 - May 24 with 4528 viewsMatch82

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 12:21 - May 24 by bosh67

Not to take away from your post which contains some valid points, but I'd like to hear more about this devil's avocado...
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 13:49 - May 24 with 4417 viewspaulparker

Congratulations your the first one of probably many threads when we lose or if Warburtons new team wins , some proper bedwetting seeing as though we haven’t started pre season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 13:55 - May 24 with 4390 viewsbosh67

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 13:23 - May 24 by Match82

Not to take away from your post which contains some valid points, but I'd like to hear more about this devil's avocado...

Devil’s Avocado is generally avocado, bacon lardons, olive oil and Tabasco. I tend to eat it on several threads!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 15:47 - May 24 with 4185 viewsTheChef

Avocado is of the devil, to be fair

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 15:57 - May 24 with 4157 viewsdanehoop

I think I'd just pick up the theme from Clive's article that he does tend to not manage upwards that well and there does appear to be a pattern of falling out with owners of clubs after a few years.

Gutted to see him leave, he did better than expected in improving how we are as a small mid/lower table championship club with financial constraints. That said, there was also a regular pattern of extended periods of underperformance which for whatever reason, didnt help his cause.

I'm actually glad that the club is taking its time and considering the available potential options for his successor. Everyone of the (credible) options that we know of offers a different approach and will be interesting. They will also inherit a better position than Warbs did when he arrived.

Never knowingly understood

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 16:00 - May 24 with 4156 viewsNorthantsHoop

Warbs turned out to be the perfect fit for QPR, he steaded the playing ship, got us up the league in his 3 seasons and made us competitive and worked within challenging financial constraints. To last 3 seasons as manager at QPR is credit to him and the coaching team. Next manager will probably be judged on whether he can consolidate us as a mid table side and then be able to push on for a top six finish. I don't see the model changing much as our success will rely on hopeful expectations of challenging for a top six place, as the parachute payment brigade hoover up the automatic promotion places and play off places. Be lucky that say one outsider makes the play offs in future seasons, that are not a parachute payment side.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 16:05]
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 17:03 - May 24 with 4011 viewsnumptydumpty

Wasn't saying its in anyways fault of those who were becoming irritated by Warburton.

To me, constant backing and a definite philosophy over a number of years will always pay more dividends than bailing out at the first sign of trouble.

We have done this consistently over the last 20 years and to me I would predict, we will be in a worse position at the end of next season than if Warburton had remained.

In my view, seems not exactly greatly popular, but in my eyes Warburton needed more backing and fact les Lee etc were against him in my eyes we will not progress.

More a case of we start again.

They turned against him, as surprisingly did a great majority of fans.

Basket case club and supporters at times and never more evident when we actually doing rather well which we had been until extreme bad luck hit us.

Totally bonkers.

But yes of course this is pre emptng a sensible appointment.

If that happens, happy days of course but currently obviously the unknown is not evident.

I not one to read gossip and who is likely, coming here or not but my view if ain't broke don't fix it.

More could have been done to keep Warburton and his tenure was Imo ended very prematurely and could appreciate this moment could come back to bite us big time. As said stick seemed evidently sensible to me but QPR and sensible are rarely in the same sentence as we all aware !!!
[Post edited 24 May 2022 17:06]

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 18:14 - May 24 with 3889 viewsQPR_John

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 17:03 - May 24 by numptydumpty

Wasn't saying its in anyways fault of those who were becoming irritated by Warburton.

To me, constant backing and a definite philosophy over a number of years will always pay more dividends than bailing out at the first sign of trouble.

We have done this consistently over the last 20 years and to me I would predict, we will be in a worse position at the end of next season than if Warburton had remained.

In my view, seems not exactly greatly popular, but in my eyes Warburton needed more backing and fact les Lee etc were against him in my eyes we will not progress.

Basket case club and supporters at times and never more evident when we actually doing rather well which we had been until extreme bad luck hit us.

Totally bonkers.

If that happens, happy days of course but currently obviously the unknown is not evident.

I not one to read gossip and who is likely, coming here or not but my view if ain't broke don't fix it.

More could have been done to keep Warburton and his tenure was Imo ended very prematurely and could appreciate this moment could come back to bite us big time. As said stick seemed evidently sensible to me but QPR and sensible are rarely in the same sentence as we all aware !!!

“I would predict, we will be in a worse position at the end of next season than if Warburton had remained. “

As we will never know were we would end up with Warburton unless we finish as champions you can pretend your prediction was correct
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 22:27 - May 24 with 3652 viewsfrancisbowles

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 17:03 - May 24 by numptydumpty

Totally bonkers.

There is something strange about how he, seemingly, moved off a rolling twelve month contract for a better deal which would end in 12 months. This when we all understood that money wasn't the be all for him.

That was giving the club a simple option not to renew which they subsequently took.
It would have been very difficult justifying the risk of a further contract after most of the February, March and April performances and results.
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 22:58 - May 24 with 3598 viewsdaveB

any chance of waiting to see who the manager is and then seeing what his team looks like before passing judgement.

Warburton did a good job at QPR but lets not pretend he was perfect, things were not going well in the second half of the season and some of it was down to poor decisions that he made
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 23:18 - May 24 with 3548 viewsnumptydumpty

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 22:27 - May 24 by francisbowles

There is something strange about how he, seemingly, moved off a rolling twelve month contract for a better deal which would end in 12 months. This when we all understood that money wasn't the be all for him.

That was giving the club a simple option not to renew which they subsequently took.
It would have been very difficult justifying the risk of a further contract after most of the February, March and April performances and results.

Injuries

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 23:21 - May 24 with 3542 viewsnumptydumpty

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 22:58 - May 24 by daveB

any chance of waiting to see who the manager is and then seeing what his team looks like before passing judgement.

Warburton did a good job at QPR but lets not pretend he was perfect, things were not going well in the second half of the season and some of it was down to poor decisions that he made

As said overall for three years on the up and many players developing

Run of bad form when major injuries to key players and seven goalkeepers in the season

What do you expect miracles

A victim of his own success

What's wrong with steady progress

We are Qpr not real madrid
[Post edited 24 May 2022 23:22]

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 00:05 - May 25 with 3490 viewsdaveB

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 23:21 - May 24 by numptydumpty

Run of bad form when major injuries to key players and seven goalkeepers in the season

I don't expect miracles but when the club push the boat out stretching the budget to breaking point and openly state the aim is the playoffs to go from 4th to 11th in a month is not going to get any manager a new contract.

I'd have kept him but there were a lot of red flags about last season, we rarely played well for 90 minutes, created very little for any of the strikers and far too often our man of the match was the goalkeeper. Some odd selection decisions with Amos dropped after scoring against reading and then again after scoring the winner v Blackpool in favour of a old premier league player we didn't need. George Thomas picked ahead of Gray & Austin in the run in when we needed goals and seemed to just let the season drift away. Putting Field to centre half against Sheff Utd and completely handing the midfield over to the opposition for the night when he could easily have played a back 4 that game.

Injuries certainly hurt us and I think if Dieng stays fit we'd have probably gone a lot closer to the top 6 but I thought overall that squad was better than 11th and should have finished above Millwall, Luton and West Brom. I had us down for 4th at the start of the season so I can't sit here and say finishing 11th was progress.
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 09:13 - May 25 with 3184 viewsTheChef

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 18:14 - May 24 by QPR_John

“I would predict, we will be in a worse position at the end of next season than if Warburton had remained. “

As we will never know were we would end up with Warburton unless we finish as champions you can pretend your prediction was correct

Ha indeed.

Yo, Mystic Mog over here...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 09:25 - May 25 with 3160 viewsstantheman10

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 23:21 - May 24 by numptydumpty

We actually finished lower than last season and with less points so how is that progress?
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 09:33 - May 25 with 3136 viewsstantheman10

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 22:27 - May 24 by francisbowles

Warburton didn't sign his contract extension of a year until 5th August 21 which means he is still contracted to us until August so the club won't be able to sign a replacement until then unless they've paid off the remainder of the contract.
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 09:45 - May 25 with 3110 views89_50

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 09:25 - May 25 by stantheman10

We actually finished lower than last season and with less points so how is that progress?

There needs to be context on these things. Stats alone don't tell even half the story.

The second half of year two was a huge overperformance, but was never realistically sustainable. Warbs was a victim of that success.

Yes, the target was, understandably, to challenge for playoffs, and I'd say we did that.

We all know the circumstances that led to the end of season collapse, and it's simply not fair to pigeon-hole it as one specific thing.

Progress was there for all to see. Players developed. Style of football implemented. More of an identity created.

I'm not sure how anyone can say, with a straight face, that we haven't progressed under Warbs.
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 09:53 - May 25 with 3066 viewsfrancisbowles

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 09:33 - May 25 by stantheman10

Warburton didn't sign his contract extension of a year until 5th August 21 which means he is still contracted to us until August so the club won't be able to sign a replacement until then unless they've paid off the remainder of the contract.

That may be when he signed it, I presume you haven't seen it, but that may not be the effective start date and/or 12 months may not be literal description of the term of the contract.

It wasn't really an extension either, as he already had a rolling twelve month contract. It was a new contract.
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 09:54 - May 25 with 3054 viewsfrancisbowles

All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 09:45 - May 25 by 89_50

There needs to be context on these things. Stats alone don't tell even half the story.

The second half of year two was a huge overperformance, but was never realistically sustainable. Warbs was a victim of that success.

Yes, the target was, understandably, to challenge for playoffs, and I'd say we did that.

We all know the circumstances that led to the end of season collapse, and it's simply not fair to pigeon-hole it as one specific thing.

Progress was there for all to see. Players developed. Style of football implemented. More of an identity created.

I'm not sure how anyone can say, with a straight face, that we haven't progressed under Warbs.

I don't think there is one person on this board who thinks that. There is considerable doubt as to whether that is the case over the last twelve months though.
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 09:57 - May 25 with 3050 viewsLanhoop

Progression, yes there was. No question. Warburton deserves credit for that and I think almost everyone is giving him that.

What was not good was three months of complete stagnation on the pitch. As much as injuries and bad luck played a part in the awful stuff we were having to watch, Warburton has to take some stick for not doing anything about it.

Whatever was said behind closed doors, it must have included, "What are you going to do to change things?" When the answer seems to be nothing then there is no where to hide.

In the end, I would not have minded too much him staying on but I also don't mind him leaving. Next step is needed.
All those people who said Twist, you got what you wanted !!! on 10:49 - May 25 with 2938 viewsdaveB

all 3 season had a similar pattern with some very good bits but in each one at one stage we fell off a cliff and took a long time to recover. the first season after covid was a disaster and that continued until the loans arrived in jan and this last one ended similar to the covid season just falling away with a mini recovery at the end.

It's hard to know if thats us as a club now as the McClaren season was very similar or if it was a problem with the manager. Time will tell on that one
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024