Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This weekends football 09:56 - May 27 with 6595 viewsSuffolkHoop

Last throes of the football season... in descending order of importance:

National League playoff semis
Mansfield v Port Vale
Forest v Huddersfield
Liverpool v Real Madrid
[Post edited 27 May 2022 15:59]
This weekends football on 09:58 - May 27 with 4392 viewsTonto

The season finished i January. Give it up mate.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

This weekends football on 09:59 - May 27 with 4385 viewsNorthernr

God I hope Huddersfield win. The Forest coverage is now literally hysterical.
This weekends football on 10:18 - May 27 with 4274 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Real Madrid for me! Last thing we need are the scousers getting out of their prams and blaming a conspiracy for everything between 1989 and Klopp’s arrival - with Benitez being got at by a cabal of Manchester United/Tory sympathisers/UEFA.

As for the PO Final, lost interest after Zamora scored and the harsh reality of being in the Prem the following season set-in while we walked back to the station. Either way, Forest will hoover up bodies like a deep sea trawler regardless of the outcome, I’d be surprised if they’re not adding Messrs Manning, Beale, Rowett, Campbell, Derry, JDT to their coaching ranks as a precautionary measure as well.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

This weekends football on 10:34 - May 27 with 4229 viewsted_hendrix

This weekends football on 10:18 - May 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Real Madrid for me! Last thing we need are the scousers getting out of their prams and blaming a conspiracy for everything between 1989 and Klopp’s arrival - with Benitez being got at by a cabal of Manchester United/Tory sympathisers/UEFA.

As for the PO Final, lost interest after Zamora scored and the harsh reality of being in the Prem the following season set-in while we walked back to the station. Either way, Forest will hoover up bodies like a deep sea trawler regardless of the outcome, I’d be surprised if they’re not adding Messrs Manning, Beale, Rowett, Campbell, Derry, JDT to their coaching ranks as a precautionary measure as well.

*the harsh reality of being in the Prem the following season set-in*

Well yes exactly, the first away game of the season I sat down at WHL and watched a well prepared team destroy a team that wasn't well prepared (us).

Long miserable journey home---long miserable season then followed etcetera--etcetera.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

This weekends football on 10:52 - May 27 with 4164 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

This weekends football on 09:59 - May 27 by Northernr

Ha ha. Blissfully unaware of this in my little bubble. Planning a trip to the coast on Sunday to get away from it all.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

This weekends football on 11:06 - May 27 with 4132 viewsNorthernr

This weekends football on 10:52 - May 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

Ha ha. Blissfully unaware of this in my little bubble. Planning a trip to the coast on Sunday to get away from it all.

I mean, just as a little taste for you, I promise you this is a genuine intro to one of the 3,754 Athletic pieces on Forest this week, not something I've written as a pis taking spoof...

Sat almost in the shadow of a flyover, just off the ring road, the home of Dunkirk FC might not sound like the most glamorous of venues. But the Ron Steel Sports Ground could hardly have been a more perfect starting point for the career of Brennan Johnson.

Nestled on the opposite bank of the River Trent to the City Ground, the approach to the ground, down a quiet lane, takes you past the renowned Restaurant Sat Bains.

From humble beginnings playing next to the only venue in Nottingham with two Michelin stars to playing for the only side in the region with two stars on their shirt.
This weekends football on 11:26 - May 27 with 4081 viewsdaveB

This weekends football on 09:59 - May 27 by Northernr

I think they will win, Forest were very lucky in the semi final, Sheffield United should have finished them off
This weekends football on 11:26 - May 27 with 4080 viewsBklynRanger

This weekends football on 11:06 - May 27 by Northernr

I mean, just as a little taste for you, I promise you this is a genuine intro to one of the 3,754 Athletic pieces on Forest this week, not something I've written as a pis taking spoof...

Sat almost in the shadow of a flyover, just off the ring road, the home of Dunkirk FC might not sound like the most glamorous of venues. But the Ron Steel Sports Ground could hardly have been a more perfect starting point for the career of Brennan Johnson.

Nestled on the opposite bank of the River Trent to the City Ground, the approach to the ground, down a quiet lane, takes you past the renowned Restaurant Sat Bains.

From humble beginnings playing next to the only venue in Nottingham with two Michelin stars to playing for the only side in the region with two stars on their shirt.

Jesus H Christ - Alan Partridge might find himself choking on some of that material - that last sentence is mind blowing :)
Login to get fewer ads

This weekends football on 11:39 - May 27 with 4036 viewsSuffolkHoop

This weekends football on 11:46 - May 27 with 4019 viewsSuffolkHoop

Don't forget to tune in to the Wrexham v Grimsby semi final tomorrow. You might just catch a glimpse of an actor sitting in a directors box.

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/clips/2021/october/they-want-to-take-wrexha

ad infinitum
[Post edited 27 May 2022 11:49]
This weekends football on 11:47 - May 27 with 4011 viewsNorthernr

This weekends football on 11:46 - May 27 by SuffolkHoop

Don't forget to tune in to the Wrexham v Grimsby semi final tomorrow. You might just catch a glimpse of an actor sitting in a directors box.

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/clips/2021/october/they-want-to-take-wrexha

ad infinitum
[Post edited 27 May 2022 11:49]

Up the Mariners.
This weekends football on 11:48 - May 27 with 4011 viewsMick_S

Feck
Me.

Gary Weaver has copy and pasted that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

This weekends football on 11:49 - May 27 with 3999 viewsNorthernr

This weekends football on 11:48 - May 27 by Mick_S

Feck
Me.

Gary Weaver has copy and pasted that.

The Athletic's Championship coverage is basically now three boyhood Forest fans going to their desks for a wnk every day.

This weekends football on 11:53 - May 27 with 3974 viewsNorthernr

As a grown man, what do you get the 21 year old boy in your life?

A giant picture of him as Robin Hood of course...

This weekends football on 12:01 - May 27 with 3940 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

This weekends football on 11:53 - May 27 by Northernr

You’ve got to be joking

Poll: Expectations for this season?

This weekends football on 12:02 - May 27 with 3927 viewsNorthernr

This weekends football on 12:01 - May 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

You’ve got to be joking

Oh mate, we've been in hysterics here at some of the stuff out of Nottingham this week.
Please tell me we weren't this fcking insane about it.

"The man they call "Coops"..."

(reminder that Forest were a massive nine points away from the play-offs with just 38 matches left to play)

This post has been edited by an administrator
This weekends football on 12:44 - May 27 with 3790 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I never knew Hooters had two Michelin stars.
This weekends football on 13:51 - May 27 with 3627 viewsloftboy

This weekends football on 12:44 - May 27 by CroydonCaptJack

I never knew Hooters had two Michelin stars.

It has two of everything! (. .)

😇
[Post edited 27 May 2022 13:52]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

This weekends football on 15:08 - May 27 with 3499 viewstoboboly

This weekends football on 11:53 - May 27 by Northernr

fck me sideways with a golfing umbrella what the cnting fck is that spunk waffle all about?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

This weekends football on 15:22 - May 27 with 3469 viewsMick_S

This weekends football on 15:08 - May 27 by toboboly

fck me sideways with a golfing umbrella what the cnting fck is that spunk waffle all about?

Nailed it. Where’s his Dad and how many times will the camera find him? A conservative 4 from me X the amount of mentions (4) = 16.

This weekends football on 15:28 - May 27 with 3450 viewsNorthernr

This weekends football on 15:22 - May 27 by Mick_S

Nailed it. Where’s his Dad and how many times will the camera find him? A conservative 4 from me X the amount of mentions (4) = 16.

8 separate sightings I’m going for.
This weekends football on 15:59 - May 27 with 3367 viewsMick_S

This weekends football on 15:28 - May 27 by Northernr

8 separate sightings I’m going for.

If that’s the case Forest and their merry men have won/Brennnnnnannn has scored. Booooo.

This weekends football on 15:59 - May 27 with 3365 viewsngbqpr

Try fkin living here (Notts).

I'd long planned my 4 day hibernation for J**il** weekend, I've now had to lock out the world for this weekend too.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

This weekends football on 23:32 - May 27 with 3156 viewsKonk

I like Huddersfield, but really want Forest to win.

One of my best mates is a Nottingham boy and a big Forest fan. I love the fact that a “provincial” club could win the league and two European cups. At secondary school, when I could go to games without my Dad, I always went to watch Forest at Tottenham and Arsenal because they always played good football and never argued with officials.

A great ground in the middle of a good city with plenty of decent pubs, great pork cobs, and an easy journey from North London. As for the European cup - my mate won every argument going with glory hunting twa ts at work by simply whistling the tune to, “We went to Europe - we won the cup twice”. Great badge too, the tricky tree.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

This weekends football on 23:41 - May 27 with 3141 viewsDejR_vu

I thought everyone thought The Athletic was the best thing since sliced bread a few years ago??

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024