Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' 17:49 - May 27 with 6983 viewsHantsR

"Game’s blind spot to talented female coaches is self-defeating" - so says Matt Dickinson, QPR ST holder and Senior Sports Writer in The Times yesterday and he suggests that Emma Hayes should be on the QPR shortlist for our new manager.

Interesting article - I'll cut and paste if anyone wants tp read further
[Post edited 28 May 2022 15:46]
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 17:57 - May 27 with 5251 viewsTGRRRSSS

Chelsea.... so No!
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 18:29 - May 27 with 5148 viewsLanhoop

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 17:57 - May 27 by TGRRRSSS

Chelsea.... so No!

No time for Dave Sexton then?
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 18:40 - May 27 with 5107 viewsTGRRRSSS

A bit before my time to be fair, but I think she's very Chelsea and I think if she was serious and hey ho fine but probably somewhere else a bit less high profile - because it will be high profile anyway, maybe a lower league club maybe Wimbledon which was suggested a few years back for example.
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 19:17 - May 27 with 5014 viewsbosh67

I was going to bring her up on the managerial thread. Yes, I know... Chelsea...

Games managed 242 games won 164 games drawn 32 games lost 46 % wins 67.77

Chelsea so no... Anyone remember Dave Sexton or Ray Wilkins?

Is she a better coach than any of the current male coaches in this league? Tactically, playing style wise and game management? Probably better than more than half.

I'm going to stick my neck out here. I've watched quite a bit of women's football and she's lightyears ahead of most of her male counterparts. I think she's good enough to give any side in the lower half of this division a top half end of season result.

Whether male players at this level would really take her seriously I don't know. It doesn't matter that she's a woman, she's just a bloody good football coach.
[Post edited 27 May 2022 19:19]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 20:09 - May 27 with 4878 viewsMiss_Terraces

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 19:17 - May 27 by bosh67

Is she a better coach than any of the current male coaches in this league? Tactically, playing style wise and game management? Probably better than more than half.

I'm going to stick my neck out here. I've watched quite a bit of women's football and she's lightyears ahead of most of her male counterparts. I think she's good enough to give any side in the lower half of this division a top half end of season result.

Whether male players at this level would really take her seriously I don't know. It doesn't matter that she's a woman, she's just a bloody good football coach.

I pretty much agree with you but the last paragraph is more than half of the answer.

Footballers are generally far less liberal than the population as a whole so I feel this experience is doomed to failure and I'd rather it was at another club.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 23:09 - May 27 with 4633 viewslightwaterhoop

Come on, we all know this is a ridiculous idea lets not pretend otherwise.
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 23:24 - May 27 with 4600 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jill Ellis?
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 00:05 - May 28 with 4565 viewsozexile

I wouldn't have an issue at all if she was appointed. However as was alluded to on another post when are the powers that be going to realise that coaching alone doesn't make you successful as a football manager. Is emotional intelligence ever considered or empathy? If players like you and you can click with them they will bust a gut for you.
Login to get fewer ads

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 00:40 - May 28 with 4531 viewsLythamR

Would she be prepared to take the pay cut probably required?

I wouldnt be up in arms if it happened, we have been towards the leading edge of diversity in coaching and management this would just be another step and would certainly increase the brand profile of the club
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 07:12 - May 28 with 4403 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 00:40 - May 28 by LythamR

Would she be prepared to take the pay cut probably required?

I wouldnt be up in arms if it happened, we have been towards the leading edge of diversity in coaching and management this would just be another step and would certainly increase the brand profile of the club

I have no idea what Emma Hayes is paid but Arsenal pay their women’s team League Two wages and seem to do ok. Can’t imagine Emma Hayes is paid much more than that.

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 07:40 - May 28 with 4361 viewsToast_R

This is just nonsense.

Woman's football is totally different to men's physically and ability wise . Different ball park and thats before you even consider the discipline and mindset of men compared to women. It would be like appointing a coach who has won the under 13s league because their team have most of the best kids. And when it inevitably all went wrong, we'd be an absolute laughing stock.

I'm all for women's football but let's not pretend it's the same as men's because it isn't.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 7:41]
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 07:57 - May 28 with 4332 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 07:40 - May 28 by Toast_R

This is just nonsense.

Woman's football is totally different to men's physically and ability wise . Different ball park and thats before you even consider the discipline and mindset of men compared to women. It would be like appointing a coach who has won the under 13s league because their team have most of the best kids. And when it inevitably all went wrong, we'd be an absolute laughing stock.

I'm all for women's football but let's not pretend it's the same as men's because it isn't.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 7:41]

How do men coach in the women’s league ff the difference is so unfathomable?
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 08:13 - May 28 with 4301 viewspaulparker

Let’s just say we appointed her and the first game of the season is Rotherham at home
Could you imagine how toxic it would be if we’re losing say 1 or 2 nil at halftime
She would be lucky to make 5 games as our manager
It’s an experiment we shouldn’t get involved in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 08:22 - May 28 with 4270 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 08:13 - May 28 by paulparker

Let’s just say we appointed her and the first game of the season is Rotherham at home
Could you imagine how toxic it would be if we’re losing say 1 or 2 nil at halftime

I’d say it would be no different. We already throw our toys out the pram when we lose! If she keeps off Twitter she’ll be fine.

I don’t think Emma Hayes would work for a variety of reasons, not least because we need a manager who’s used to turning turnips into diamonds rather than financially doping the league like Chelsea Women have. There is no FFP in the women’s game I believe?

I’m sure there are some amazing young technical female coaches / managers out there though that deserve an interview.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 8:23]
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 08:26 - May 28 with 4269 viewsTonto

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 08:13 - May 28 by paulparker

How is that different for any male manager we appointed?

A lot of sexist nonsense masquerading as excuses goi g in I this thread.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 8:26]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 08:39 - May 28 with 4206 viewsLblock

Not for me.

Once a month you’ll get random team selections worse than Ollies tombola and if you question it she’ll scream the gaff down

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 08:46 - May 28 with 4198 viewsstevec

I’d never heard of her until now.

Perhaps she could work alongside Sol Campbell in the Clough/Taylor mould. It worked for them.
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 09:23 - May 28 with 4152 viewsthame_hoops

I mentioned her on another thread. I’d be all for it, why not?
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 10:15 - May 28 with 4096 viewsQPR_John

A load of naked men walking around the dressing room. Does she wait till they are all dressed or not before giving the post match talk. Who would be more embarrassed. Just a thought
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 10:28 - May 28 with 4074 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 10:15 - May 28 by QPR_John

A load of naked men walking around the dressing room. Does she wait till they are all dressed or not before giving the post match talk. Who would be more embarrassed. Just a thought

What do you think they do with men running womens’ teams?

I hasten to add, not for me at this time.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 10:30]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 10:33 - May 28 with 4061 viewsLee_Gib

Being Chelsea or being a woman are both irrelevant. Never having managed at any meaningful level is what makes her unacceptable.
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 10:39 - May 28 with 4053 viewsessextaxiboy

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 19:17 - May 27 by bosh67

She is Russian Chelsea ...that makes it different to Sexton , Wilkins ,Furs and Spencer IMO .

SWP and Bosingwa ?
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 10:49 - May 28 with 4025 viewsMrSheen

Couldn’t our first female manager be the Barcelona coach who put a team together on a fraction of the budget that put 4 past Chelsea in the first half hour of the Champions League final?

PS scrub that idea, it was a man.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 10:52]
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 11:06 - May 28 with 3977 viewsParkRoyalR

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 10:49 - May 28 by MrSheen

Couldn’t our first female manager be the Barcelona coach who put a team together on a fraction of the budget that put 4 past Chelsea in the first half hour of the Champions League final?

PS scrub that idea, it was a man.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 10:52]

Probably has largest budget in women's game?

Presume Chelsea have yet again bought their recent success in the women's game as they did the men's and junior boys?

Total hype-job, talked a good game before last year's Champions League Final and were laughingly played off the park, 0-3 or 0-4 in first 15 minutes and still came back with the embarrassing cliche's 'it was a learning (sic humiliating) experience.

A great fit for Chelsea, no thanks.
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 12:22 - May 28 with 3858 viewstoboboly

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 11:06 - May 28 by ParkRoyalR

Probably has largest budget in women's game?

Presume Chelsea have yet again bought their recent success in the women's game as they did the men's and junior boys?

Total hype-job, talked a good game before last year's Champions League Final and were laughingly played off the park, 0-3 or 0-4 in first 15 minutes and still came back with the embarrassing cliche's 'it was a learning (sic humiliating) experience.

A great fit for Chelsea, no thanks.

It's like Pep. Easy to be a good coach when you have twice the resources of anyone else. If she then did it at QPR women you'd be snapping her up no issues

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024