Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? 20:43 - Jun 3 with 11661 viewsWatfordR

In Lanzarote, and much to the annoyance of the new Mrs Watford, I’ve found somewhere to watch Clare v Meath tomorrow.

However, a possibility that both last year’s finalists will be done by the end of the weekend. What do we think?

Personally I think Tyrone look a mess and will exit tomorrow. Less certain about Mayo but I wouldn’t be surprised if they bowed out too.

What do other Irish Rs think?
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 20:46 - Jun 3 with 5894 viewsqpr_1968

come on the clare.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 20:48 - Jun 3 with 5878 viewsWatfordR

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 20:46 - Jun 3 by qpr_1968

come on the clare.

In honesty, that game’s an irrelevance, both sides miles off. Still, H’on the Royals!
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 20:53 - Jun 3 with 5859 viewsMrSheen

Clare plays football???? Playing Limerick in the Munster Hurling Final Sunday, much more like it.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 22:06 - Jun 3 with 5759 viewsSnipper

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 20:53 - Jun 3 by MrSheen

Clare plays football???? Playing Limerick in the Munster Hurling Final Sunday, much more like it.

Come on the Banner.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 22:20 - Jun 3 with 5739 viewsted_hendrix

Mrs Ted's lot are all from Ballina and Castlebar so I'll waste my time by saying C'mon Mayo.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 23:14 - Jun 3 with 5674 viewsMyke

They might as well hand Sam to Kerry now and save a bit of time. The hurling is much more open - Clare for me
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 16:00 - Jun 4 with 5481 viewsPaddyhoops

Mayo and Tyrone for me. Galway beat my home county Roscommon at the third time of asking last week.
Our best side for a while and they won with ease despite the slender three point gap.
Mayo matched that Galway side for long periods of Thier semi final defeat.
Can't see past Kerry or a rejuvenated Dubs though.
Being from Watford . The wishing well in St Albans road usually show the matches as well.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 16:23 - Jun 4 with 5441 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 16:00 - Jun 4 by Paddyhoops

Mayo and Tyrone for me. Galway beat my home county Roscommon at the third time of asking last week.
Our best side for a while and they won with ease despite the slender three point gap.
Mayo matched that Galway side for long periods of Thier semi final defeat.
Can't see past Kerry or a rejuvenated Dubs though.
Being from Watford . The wishing well in St Albans road usually show the matches as well.

I'd expect Mayo and Tyrone to win as well.

No idea yet about the All-Ireland winners. There's really no good team around right now bar Tyrone (should they retain the hunger). Dublin and Donegal could regenerate, but no signs of that yet. Kerry continue further down the negative football route, not sure if that will beat the top teams. Which leaves Mayo. We'll know more about them soon.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 01:44 - Jun 5 with 5297 viewsCLAREMAN1995

OMG I burst out laughing MrSheen that is exactly what I have been telling people west of Ennis forever .
Sunday is our time to stand toe to toe with Limerick and knock them off the pedestal .Clare have the speed skill and heart but will that be enough ? nobody knows.But if the ref does his job and calls a fair game (4 years of Limerick throwing the ball without frees ) Clare can win their first Munster title in 25 years or so.
Of course they could meet again and its anybodys guess .Enjoy it the sparks will be flying
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:41 - Jun 5 with 5226 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 01:44 - Jun 5 by CLAREMAN1995

OMG I burst out laughing MrSheen that is exactly what I have been telling people west of Ennis forever .
Sunday is our time to stand toe to toe with Limerick and knock them off the pedestal .Clare have the speed skill and heart but will that be enough ? nobody knows.But if the ref does his job and calls a fair game (4 years of Limerick throwing the ball without frees ) Clare can win their first Munster title in 25 years or so.
Of course they could meet again and its anybodys guess .Enjoy it the sparks will be flying

Clare beat Meath in the football yesterday and are in to the last 12.

Would love to see The Banner beat The McManus TaxDodgers today. Agree that they will need the ref to clamp down on the throwing and on the violence.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 15:37 - Jun 5 with 5194 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Big win for Armagh, who were impressive. Tyrone improved from the Derry game, as expected, but were still flat for periods of the game. They weren't helped by Coldrick riding them again, including a nonsensical black card, but they were second best today and never brought the madness.

Mayo dispensed of a good Monaghan side without needing to get out of second gear.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 16:45 - Jun 5 with 5169 viewsMrSheen

Cracking first half, though I’m afraid Limerick might roll over the top of them late in the game. Is Barry Nash the ref’s nephew?
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 18:34 - Jun 5 with 5124 viewsMrSheen

Ah shame, had an air of inevitability about it in the end, but Clare look the second best team in the competition so they’re not finished.

By the way, why are they in such a hurry to finish the championship this year. Has Ed Sheehan booked Croke Park for six weeks?
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 19:30 - Jun 5 with 5094 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 18:34 - Jun 5 by MrSheen

Ah shame, had an air of inevitability about it in the end, but Clare look the second best team in the competition so they’re not finished.

By the way, why are they in such a hurry to finish the championship this year. Has Ed Sheehan booked Croke Park for six weeks?

It's the new calendar, Sheen, designed to give the clubs their own half of the calendar year. I think it's superb.

Limerick's bench that bit stronger. Clare will either learn from this or be dispirited. I hope it's the former.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 20:06 - Jun 5 with 5053 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 20:46 - Jun 5 with 5011 viewsMrSheen

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 20:06 - Jun 5 by BrianMcCarthy

He was brilliant but missed a couple of easy frees that might have won it in normal time. Is there anyone who scores a higher share of his team’s points?

Understood on the season. For purely selfish reasons, I’ll miss being over for some of the knockout rounds. As it is I don’t arrive until the day before the hurling final (though I would have had to leave at Easter to see anything of Tipp this year).
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 02:18 - Jun 6 with 4919 viewsCLAREMAN1995

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 19:30 - Jun 5 by BrianMcCarthy

It's the new calendar, Sheen, designed to give the clubs their own half of the calendar year. I think it's superb.

Limerick's bench that bit stronger. Clare will either learn from this or be dispirited. I hope it's the former.

A couple of thoughts from today Brian and Mr Sheen .Clare met fire with fire but just did not have enough from the bench when the chips were down.Its impossible to beat Limerick without scoring goals and they locked down Clare's 2 big threats in Duggan and O Donnell .
That brawl in the tunnell (stupid to let teams run off like that) really effected Clare and rumours of Kelly getting a belt sadly.He was invisible in extra time so something happened to go from that high magnificent sideline over bar to non factor is mystifying .
No comment on the ref but limerick should have 6 or 7 booked I believe they got away with zero .
They desererved the win in the end hopefully Clare can come again
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 08:13 - Jun 6 with 4871 viewsMyke

Brilliant game between Limerick and Clare. Night and day with Galway/Kilkenny. Superb final two points (one each) at the end of normal time. Meanwhile... Sligo are in their FIRST EVER semi-final outside Connaught at senior level. I have been calling for a second tier football competition for years. Cavan still favourites but at least you are comparing like with like and not the Kerry's or Dublin's of the country.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 10:08 - Jun 6 with 4783 viewsTomS

Hah, I see you and raise you. I was channel surfing on Saturday and came across the Kerry hurling team warming up in Croke Park, prior to a cup match. That's the beauty of that competition, it gives players on such teams the opportunity to play in that stadium.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 10:52]
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 16:59 - Jun 18 with 4379 viewsMrSheen

Wasn’t supposed to happen!
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:48 - Jun 18 with 4333 viewsMyke

Two absolutely cracking Qi-finals today. Top 4 hurling Counties in the semis (sorry Brian)- gonna be an epic battle to win Liam this year. Meanwhile for tomorrow - Sligeach abu!
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 20:31 - Jun 18 with 4236 viewsCLAREMAN1995

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:48 - Jun 18 by Myke

Two absolutely cracking Qi-finals today. Top 4 hurling Counties in the semis (sorry Brian)- gonna be an epic battle to win Liam this year. Meanwhile for tomorrow - Sligeach abu!

Clare dodged a massive bullet there Mike falling behind 6 points and Kelly either injured of marked out of the game.However they showed serious heart to pull it out and will be dangerous v the Cats.
Usual complaints against the ref but espiceally the umpires , both Wexford goals clear square balls but not even a consultation of disallowing them.How hard is it to see the player in the square before the ball Stevie Wonder could see both.
Cork blew their chance with wild shooting and never pulling level hurt .
Hard to see Limerick not making the Final but can Clare beat KK I say yes
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:27 - Jun 19 with 4114 viewsWatfordR

Been an enjoyable first half at Croker. Sligo maybe a little unfortunate to be 5 points down, but with the wind in the second half they'll have a say I think. Still Cavan to win for me though.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 15:15 - Jun 19 with 4064 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:48 - Jun 18 by Myke

Well, I think Cork showed last year that they're one of the three best (with Clare and Limerick). We deserved to lose yesterday because our shooting was way off, but we're clearly a far better team than Galway (and I would add KK) most days. Yesterday wasn't one of them, so no complaints.

Best of luck to Galway. Cracking county, Cracking people.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 15:26 - Jun 19 with 4040 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:27 - Jun 19 by WatfordR

Been an enjoyable first half at Croker. Sligo maybe a little unfortunate to be 5 points down, but with the wind in the second half they'll have a say I think. Still Cavan to win for me though.

Only caught the last ten on the telly, Watford, having listened to the rest while driving.

Sounded a good game. Was it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024