Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye bye bye Johnson 09:24 - Jul 7 with 45606 viewswood_hoop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Hope it don't mean we get a points deduction
Bye bye bye Johnson on 09:26 - Jul 7 with 9100 viewscolinallcars

Well, looking at the profiles of the likely replacements, I would rather he stays on.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 09:34 - Jul 7 with 9013 viewsdmm

Welcome to further months and months of Tory infighting and chaos while millions go hungry. What a shitshow UK politics is.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 9:36]
Bye bye bye Johnson on 09:39 - Jul 7 with 9001 viewsLythamR

Bye bye bye Johnson on 09:26 - Jul 7 by colinallcars

Well, looking at the profiles of the likely replacements, I would rather he stays on.

Is there any mechanism to bring in the UN to run the country in conjunction with the Civil service until we can have elections to get rid of all of these clowns, i see very few across the main parties that appear credible and trustworthy
Bye bye bye Johnson on 09:44 - Jul 7 with 8968 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

It’s meowtiny.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 09:57 - Jul 7 with 8873 viewsEsox_Lucius

With Suella Braverman throwing her hat in the ring it's become high farce. There appears to be a new variant of an old psychiatric label emerging; the Downing_Kruger effect.

The grass is always greener.

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:10 - Jul 7 with 8827 viewsTheChef

Bye bye bye Johnson on 09:34 - Jul 7 by dmm

Welcome to further months and months of Tory infighting and chaos while millions go hungry. What a shitshow UK politics is.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 9:36]

Oh goody, we get another unelected Prime Minister for a while.

Surely in these situations, as soon as that person is appointed there should be a general election?

Democracy my ar$e.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:16 - Jul 7 with 8809 viewsQPR_John

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:10 - Jul 7 by TheChef

Surely in these situations, as soon as that person is appointed there should be a general election?

Democracy my ar$e.

Can you tell me the last prime minister that was elected. I can name numerous elected MP's that became prime minister but i cannot recall a prime minister that was elected and then became a MP. Try and change the system if you want but at the moment we do not have a presidential system. Remember Brown taking over from Blaire. Maybe there should be a by-election when an MP crosses the house.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 10:18]
Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:30 - Jul 7 with 8706 viewsstevec

With Labour, Lib Dems, SNP and more than half the Tory party wanting to stay in the EU, he’s been on a hiding to nothing amongst what you might loosely term, the Establishment.

Unfortunately he’s given them enough ammunition to bring him down over a sustained period, so had to go. It’s hard to make a case for any of his prospective predecessors, even Zahawi has had fraud investigations.

I wish we could be sure Starmer is honest but you just know he’ll use a Lib Dem/SNP pact to hold power and no doubt take us back in the EU by the back door.

Doesn’t matter who we elect they’re all a shower.
Login to get fewer ads

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:34 - Jul 7 with 8712 viewsjoe90

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:10 - Jul 7 by TheChef

Democracy my ar$e.

We don't vote PM's in directly...
Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:35 - Jul 7 with 8699 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I liked him as Mayor.

Still better him elected than Jo 'the teeth' I suppose.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:41 - Jul 7 with 8673 viewsrobith

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:30 - Jul 7 by stevec

With Labour, Lib Dems, SNP and more than half the Tory party wanting to stay in the EU, he’s been on a hiding to nothing amongst what you might loosely term, the Establishment.

Unfortunately he’s given them enough ammunition to bring him down over a sustained period, so had to go. It’s hard to make a case for any of his prospective predecessors, even Zahawi has had fraud investigations.

I wish we could be sure Starmer is honest but you just know he’ll use a Lib Dem/SNP pact to hold power and no doubt take us back in the EU by the back door.

Doesn’t matter who we elect they’re all a shower.

Dunno about the Tories, Johnson deselected anyone who wouldn't sign up to his Brexit agreement, don't think you'd find any true believer remainers in the parliamentary party.

Big lol at the idea that the opposition parties are the establishment. You do crack me up steve, the trolling is ever so subtle but most picante
Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:41 - Jul 7 with 8673 viewsted_hendrix

What an appalling mess of a Man this lying bastard Is.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:46 - Jul 7 with 8642 viewsjohann28

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:41 - Jul 7 by ted_hendrix

What an appalling mess of a Man this lying bastard Is.

Agree, but that's not exactly news, is it? Those who voted for him (both Conservative MPs and the general public) put him where he is knowing full well what sort of person they were getting.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:48 - Jul 7 with 8624 viewsMaggsinho

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:16 - Jul 7 by QPR_John

Can you tell me the last prime minister that was elected. I can name numerous elected MP's that became prime minister but i cannot recall a prime minister that was elected and then became a MP. Try and change the system if you want but at the moment we do not have a presidential system. Remember Brown taking over from Blaire. Maybe there should be a by-election when an MP crosses the house.

Ted Heath was the last PM to enter and exit Number 10 by general election.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:55 - Jul 7 with 8569 viewsPhildo

my money is on him 'resigning ' today to take the heat off and then trying to wriggle out of it in a couple of days.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:56 - Jul 7 with 8558 viewsSonofpugwash

Well I kinda like Steve Baker because he hates everyone - the ultimate leveller.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:59 - Jul 7 with 8519 viewsTheChef

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:34 - Jul 7 by joe90

We don't vote PM's in directly...

Ha, good point!

The system is a farce.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:03 - Jul 7 with 8483 viewsconnell10

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:46 - Jul 7 by johann28

Agree, but that's not exactly news, is it? Those who voted for him (both Conservative MPs and the general public) put him where he is knowing full well what sort of person they were getting.

Correct mate , he had a track record of being a lying bastard before he was elected. What you cast so shall you reap! Good job done by the working class north 👏

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:04 - Jul 7 with 8475 viewsjoe90

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:59 - Jul 7 by TheChef

Ha, good point!

The system is a farce.

The system could definitely do with an update!

Does anyone know the last PM to enter and exit office via a general election?

Edit: Maggsinho answered the question!
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 11:07]
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:14 - Jul 7 with 8386 viewsjoe90

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:16 - Jul 7 by QPR_John

The last PM to be elected was Bojo...

The PM has a constituency and is elected like every other MP? The only exception is the speaker of the house.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you?
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:18 - Jul 7 with 8344 viewsdutch

How is Johnson not 'the establishment'? He is just the kind of arrogant, entitled, upper class pranet anybody growing up in West London knows all too well. A hooray bluffer who can't dress himself properly and can't keep it in his trousers. He's a serial shagger who has now right royally rogered the nation, leaving us with a bastard child known as Brexit who is going to cost us all a fortune in maintenance.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:25 - Jul 7 with 8274 viewsrrrspricey

Off with covid atm so this has cheered me right up
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:25 - Jul 7 with 8272 viewsJuzzie

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:46 - Jul 7 by johann28

That's what I just don't get.

This outcome was inevitable. He was always going to be sacked or resign. He was never going to step down from being PM in a more conventional way.

He's got a track record of being a sociapathic, compulsive liar and yet he kept getting the top jobs then making a mess of them, time and time again.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:27 - Jul 7 with 8233 viewsQPR_John

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:14 - Jul 7 by joe90

The last PM to be elected was Bojo...

The PM has a constituency and is elected like every other MP? The only exception is the speaker of the house.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you?

Yes you are. Johnson was not elected as PM but as an MP. As he led the party that could command a majority in the house after the election he became PM.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:27 - Jul 7 with 8232 viewsGuppy

Meanwhile in another part of the country a heartbroken Nadine sobs into her Boris print pillow case
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024