Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we a match short going into next saturday. 07:03 - Jul 25 with 4422 viewsswisscottage

When the pre-season friendlies were announced I was thinking that we were going to be undercooked going into the first match of the season, and Saturday's match just re-enforced that.

Do our management team seriously think that a a series of friendlies against non-league and Sunday league quality opposition, and 1 match against a premiership side is adequate preparation

Don't get me wrong , I wasn't expecting an awful lot going into the Palace friendly, but we looked as pedestrian in attack as I've seen us in the last three years and we just look like we needed another higher quality friendly to prepare us for the season.

thoughts?
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 07:15 - Jul 25 with 3545 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We’ve had quite a few sneaky QPR XI games featuring first teamers too.

Blackburn have played

Accrington Stanley
Dundee
Celtic
Hartlepool
Lincoln

Which is about the same amount of minutes I think?
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 07:46 - Jul 25 with 3456 viewsdistortR

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 07:15 - Jul 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Blackburn have played

Accrington Stanley
Dundee
Celtic
Hartlepool
Lincoln

we may be a couple of players short from where we want to be, but with our finances we generally will be. we have an intelligent new manager who will learn a lot about this team in the next few months, exciting players and prospects, and with Amos, Willock and the two T's to come in, I think we'll be ok. I know a few Blackburn fans over here, they are desperate to sell Bereton-Diaz to raise funds for new signings, they've lost some good players for nothing this summer.

They'll beat us at theirs though, it's what we do.
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 07:49 - Jul 25 with 3446 viewsHAYESBOY

MB mentioned there was an 'in house match' happening tomorrow at Heston.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 07:51 - Jul 25 with 3441 viewsWokingR

My biggest concern would be that you can train as much as you like but there is no substitute for match fitness.
So far, I’m not sure anyone has played much more than 50-60 minutes, let alone going 90
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 08:08 - Jul 25 with 3394 viewsdmm

An extra preseason game might have been useful but I don't think it would have given Beale much more to work with than he already has now.

The return of Willock, Amos and Roberts would not have happened until now in any case and they'll change the dynamic of the team more than extra game time for the players.

7 players got 90 mins in on Saturday.
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 08:14 - Jul 25 with 3358 viewsstevec

I’m with the club on this one. Competitive Football doesn’t start until August, i and they are not interested in anything football related before August.

We can lose July games 6-0, including this rogue fixture on Saturday, and I won’t actually care.

As long as we are ready when Middlesbrough show up, that’s fine by me.
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 08:21 - Jul 25 with 3307 viewsLblock

Incredibly short pre-season this year so I'd say be the same for everyone.

We heard all about sports science, player loadings, match power and all that guff till we were blue in the face last couple of seasons. Maybe there is something in it?
Players these days (unless they are returning hero strikers) don't tend to rock up from summer break knackered and sporting beer bellies and nicotine stained fingers; they're generally reasonably fit.
Match sharpness will come with matches and Pete has said he'd sooner build towards a run in rather than fall away like last season.

My concern would be the squad balance.
Still lacking pace.
Still lacking goals.
Still lacking full backs.
But we can't lash out ££££'s so we'll be going with what we have.

Joyous.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 09:51 - Jul 25 with 3096 viewsQPR_John

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 08:14 - Jul 25 by stevec

I’m with the club on this one. Competitive Football doesn’t start until August, i and they are not interested in anything football related before August.

We can lose July games 6-0, including this rogue fixture on Saturday, and I won’t actually care.

As long as we are ready when Middlesbrough show up, that’s fine by me.

Actually it starts on 30th July
Login to get fewer ads

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 10:05 - Jul 25 with 3026 viewsbosh67

We will probably endure our annual 2-0 defeat at Blackburn. There will be much ringing of hands, much saying we should have got their manager and that our's isn't good enough. Dykes will get pelters even if he doesn't play. Why didn't we get Erling Haaland? Evil less. Why can't we be more like Brentford. Chair's lack of confidence. Fullbacks. Goal scorers. Sack the board. Hoos is an American.

I reckon we need to give Mick at least 6 games to work out how to play and who is best to play it. I think we may suffer a few early tonkings but we'll eventually find our feet. With the exception of Stef and Uncs this is a far less experienced group and for me Mick has less to work with than MW had. My expectations are for a slow start and then lift off.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 10:15 - Jul 25 with 2999 viewsdanehoop

I think Clive also touched on a key point that during Covid lockdowns most of the Prem teams couldn't travel and so were looking for friendlies against Championship opposition who preferably played in a manner that they would likely encounter in the Prem. That meant Warballs QPR was in high demand so we ended up with the friendlies that we did. This year that has all changed and you can see that in most Championship clubs preparations. We were actually very lucky to get a good workout against an almost full strength Palace side last week and that will have been really helpful for Beale to see who has/hasnt progressed as he'd like.

Equally as another poster said earlier this week, in many respects the issue on match fitness isnt the same as it was even 5-10 years ago. Most of the squad have retained a much higher level of fitness between the end of the season and pre-season than might have been the case before. So we shouldnt need such a steep/lengthy fitness programme for players given most will already be in a fairly decent shape.

The main challenge for Beale is getting the sessions in with the squad so that his planned ways of working and needs for each player are firmly ingrained ahead of the season starting. In that respect we are probably in as good a shape as we can be at this point.

Never knowingly understood

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 10:21 - Jul 25 with 2967 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Does feel like we're one game short. Would have liked to se our First XI play 90 minutes in our last friendly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 10:39 - Jul 25 with 2904 viewsjoe90

It was always going to be a tight turnaround. Just need to get through the first few games. Not expecting much from the team straightway.
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 10:46 - Jul 25 with 2861 viewsTonto

With the league starting this early everyone is. Those teams that are more settled from last year will have an advantage for a few games. Those undergoing the most change will probably suffer for a bit too.

Enjoy the world Cup when it comes and try to ignore the human rights issues.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 10:47 - Jul 25 with 2859 viewsJuzzie

We always lose at Blackburn so that game will make up the one-game shortfall.....
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 10:51 - Jul 25 with 2844 viewsWatfordR

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 10:39 - Jul 25 by joe90

It was always going to be a tight turnaround. Just need to get through the first few games. Not expecting much from the team straightway.

Yeah I've kinda felt the same, not expecting anything stellar from the team in the first half of the season results wise. I don't think there are any secrets that we'll have a new RB in and I'd also expect one new striker.

Regards the pace of the team, I think the movement and tempo of our football looks much better than last season, and if we can bring in a striker with pace, it will create more space for the likes of Chair and Willock.

For all the chat about having MB as a head coach, what's important is what his management skills are like, that's the big unknown for everyone. I've also said it before, I think as a group, the squad is going to be light on leaders, it reminds me very much of what we had under MW before Austin, Jojo, De Wijs and Field came in. Do we have a leader in the back four? I'm not convinced.

I know we want to have players to develop but the experience of the likes of Wallace and Barbet will be missed I think.
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 11:16 - Jul 25 with 2749 viewswombat

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 08:21 - Jul 25 by Lblock

Incredibly short pre-season this year so I'd say be the same for everyone.

We heard all about sports science, player loadings, match power and all that guff till we were blue in the face last couple of seasons. Maybe there is something in it?
Players these days (unless they are returning hero strikers) don't tend to rock up from summer break knackered and sporting beer bellies and nicotine stained fingers; they're generally reasonably fit.
Match sharpness will come with matches and Pete has said he'd sooner build towards a run in rather than fall away like last season.

My concern would be the squad balance.
Still lacking pace.
Still lacking goals.
Still lacking full backs.
But we can't lash out ££££'s so we'll be going with what we have.

Joyous.

happier this season with the pace side of things at present not happy with central midfield 2/3

steph
field now plying futher forward
dozzell whos prob one who is going to make way for amos id guess

uncle as right back maybe sat

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 11:28 - Jul 25 with 2729 viewsstanistheman

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 07:15 - Jul 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Blackburn have played

Accrington Stanley
Dundee
Celtic
Hartlepool
Lincoln

They have played against better quality opponents imo.

We could have done with more fixtures played back to back and mixed up the squad with some more from the U23s.

However it’s done now so we just need to move on. For what it’s worth I think we will lose at Blackburn (as we always seem to do), so fitness won’t be the issue - a lack of goals will be the problem. Willock won’t be anywhere near match fit to start. I’m not sure that either Roberts or Richards will be either given their lack of pre season games, so it will be pretty much the same starting 11 as against Palace.
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 13:52 - Jul 25 with 2491 viewsaston_hoop

Blackburn fans think they're a game or 2 behind this pre-season and have been pretty slow in the transfer market having lost a couple of players. Looking forward to it, should be a good game

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 13:57 - Jul 25 with 2464 viewsNorthantsHoop

Who knows, just hope we actually turn up at Blackburn as we usually gift them 3 points at their place.
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 14:01 - Jul 25 with 2444 viewssimmo

I felt the same thing, not necessarily the opposition quality but the fact 4 or 5 of our squad haven't done 90mins yet... But also with such a short pre-season and Beale being the hands-on coach he is, maybe the training is more important with the matches being little tests to put those new ideas into action. On that basis the balance seems right.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 14:05 - Jul 25 with 2423 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Can't be much worse than we were at their place last season, can we?
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 14:29 - Jul 25 with 2350 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 10:05 - Jul 25 by bosh67

We will probably endure our annual 2-0 defeat at Blackburn. There will be much ringing of hands, much saying we should have got their manager and that our's isn't good enough. Dykes will get pelters even if he doesn't play. Why didn't we get Erling Haaland? Evil less. Why can't we be more like Brentford. Chair's lack of confidence. Fullbacks. Goal scorers. Sack the board. Hoos is an American.

I reckon we need to give Mick at least 6 games to work out how to play and who is best to play it. I think we may suffer a few early tonkings but we'll eventually find our feet. With the exception of Stef and Uncs this is a far less experienced group and for me Mick has less to work with than MW had. My expectations are for a slow start and then lift off.

Unrelated to QPR but I saw Erling Haaland playing in the flesh Saturday and that guy is a giant. He is going to dominate the PL this season with his pace and power watch out .
As for us the lack of goals is a major worry so hopefully MB can work some magic
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 15:35 - Jul 25 with 2240 viewsHooping_Mad

Personally I think the squad will manage the 50pts but probably not all on saturday , the club on the other hand need a kick up the arse imo.

Recast meant that, we haven't seen any of preseason apart from where we've found clips uploaded from Fans as the club never seem in much of a hurry to post highlights. The issue I have with recast isn't so much that it's cr&p and it doesn't work, it's that I cannot believe that this 'arrangement' hasn't cost the club money. Expect to see prices rises to make up for the balls up.

We finished last season struggling to score goals playing in rigid formations that weren't working. We also sacked/didn't renew the manager.

So how do the club try to rally the fans around the new manager? By sticking preseason on Recast !

I would be amazed if we've had £50,000 off of them, but I bet we've lost that in other areas

- Additional/maintaining Season ticket sales? New kit/Shirt Sales? Gaining New Fans? Introducing new players to the fans? Online sales?

Feels like a downward spiral currently, can't shake that feeling that we could do better but club will instead fall-back on making excuses rather than 'do' something.

Just want to see a sodding match, but wish the club would stop treating us like we are idiots.

I may feel differently after seeing a match though, possible withdrawal

Moan over..

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 18:08 - Jul 25 with 2114 viewsMyke

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 15:35 - Jul 25 by Hooping_Mad

Personally I think the squad will manage the 50pts but probably not all on saturday , the club on the other hand need a kick up the arse imo.

Recast meant that, we haven't seen any of preseason apart from where we've found clips uploaded from Fans as the club never seem in much of a hurry to post highlights. The issue I have with recast isn't so much that it's cr&p and it doesn't work, it's that I cannot believe that this 'arrangement' hasn't cost the club money. Expect to see prices rises to make up for the balls up.

We finished last season struggling to score goals playing in rigid formations that weren't working. We also sacked/didn't renew the manager.

So how do the club try to rally the fans around the new manager? By sticking preseason on Recast !

I would be amazed if we've had £50,000 off of them, but I bet we've lost that in other areas

- Additional/maintaining Season ticket sales? New kit/Shirt Sales? Gaining New Fans? Introducing new players to the fans? Online sales?

Feels like a downward spiral currently, can't shake that feeling that we could do better but club will instead fall-back on making excuses rather than 'do' something.

Just want to see a sodding match, but wish the club would stop treating us like we are idiots.

Moan over..

Every other team in exactly the same position . Nothing to worry about
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 18:14 - Jul 25 with 2101 viewsRangersw12

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 15:35 - Jul 25 by Hooping_Mad

Moan over..

Don't get the hate for Recast myself. I watched the Palace and Wealdstone games from laptop to the TV without any issues
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024