Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
well i'm content anyway. 16:56 - Jul 30 with 5873 viewsqpr_1968

first game,
under strength side
few to come back from injury
reshuffle a couple of players after that show
blackburn away....what else, only 1-0
not the end of the world
bring on boro

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

well i'm content anyway. on 17:04 - Jul 30 with 3810 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I’m not! That late disallowed goal meant I didn’t get my 2-0 prediction…

Not sure I learnt anything from the game really. That I didn’t know already. I didn’t see anything too negative either.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

well i'm content anyway. on 17:07 - Jul 30 with 3779 viewsdavman

well i'm content anyway. on 17:04 - Jul 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

Not sure I learnt anything from the game really. That I didn’t know already. I didn’t see anything too negative either.

Same here on the prediction anyway...

A real "meh" game for me too...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

well i'm content anyway. on 17:11 - Jul 30 with 3718 viewsNorthantsHoop

Typical showing up at Blackburn, thought we made it quite comfortable for them. We are far too slow going forward, actually prefer to give Bonne a start over Dykes, think he is a better football player and looks more sharp to me. Still it's early and can't really tell anything until a few games in.
well i'm content anyway. on 17:27 - Jul 30 with 3572 viewsqpr_1968

well i'm content anyway. on 17:04 - Jul 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

yep, went with 2-0 blackburn as well.

so losing 1-0 was'nt half as bad.

well i'm content anyway. on 17:27 - Jul 30 with 3539 viewsstainrods_elbow

These responses are as pitiful and fatalistic as the performance was limp and lethargic. It's the first game of the season. We have a new manager. We're also QPR, for what it's worth.

With supporters like you people, I can't help thinking you're part of the problem.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

well i'm content anyway. on 17:28 - Jul 30 with 3566 viewsQPRSteve

A sensible post about the result. I'm with you.

Given up on the match thread. The misery being expressed there is well over the top.
well i'm content anyway. on 17:31 - Jul 30 with 3542 viewsqpr_1968

well i'm content anyway. on 17:27 - Jul 30 by stainrods_elbow

These responses are as pitiful and fatalistic as the performance was limp and lethargic. It's the first game of the season. We have a new manager. We're also QPR, for what it's worth.

With supporters like you people, I can't help thinking you're part of the problem.

read the first post properly......nothing negative with that, in fact the opposite.

well i'm content anyway. on 17:31 - Jul 30 with 3540 viewsMatch82

well i'm content anyway. on 17:11 - Jul 30 by NorthantsHoop

Typical showing up at Blackburn, thought we made it quite comfortable for them. We are far too slow going forward, actually prefer to give Bonne a start over Dykes, think he is a better football player and looks more sharp to me. Still it's early and can't really tell anything until a few games in.

Had a few nice touches when he came on I thought
Login to get fewer ads

well i'm content anyway. on 17:35 - Jul 30 with 3501 viewsDejR_vu

We were under-strength, but Blackburn lost 3 or 4 of their better players in the close season, so I’m not sure that’s a legitimate excuse. I’m guessing no one on here was actually at the game so I’d be interested in a few ‘Just backs’, but from the outside looking in, seems very disappointing.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

well i'm content anyway. on 17:39 - Jul 30 with 3474 viewsRs_Holy

well i'm content anyway. on 17:27 - Jul 30 by qpr_1968

yep, went with 2-0 blackburn as well.

so losing 1-0 was'nt half as bad.

Yep it’s a moral victory… the league table is upside down 😄👍
well i'm content anyway. on 17:44 - Jul 30 with 3430 viewsPinnerPaul

Rare bet win for me - under 2.5 goals, would have preferred 2-0 to us obviously!
well i'm content anyway. on 19:02 - Jul 30 with 3154 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

well i'm content anyway. on 17:27 - Jul 30 by stainrods_elbow

I actually thought we weren't limp and lethargic enough first 20 mins. Thought we should have been more coy.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

well i'm content anyway. on 20:26 - Jul 30 with 2941 viewseastside_r

I never like us losing.
well i'm content anyway. on 21:20 - Jul 30 with 2758 viewsNed_Kennedys

well i'm content anyway. on 20:26 - Jul 30 by eastside_r

I never like us losing.

Not sure how any fans can be ‘content’ with today’s result or attacking performance.
well i'm content anyway. on 21:38 - Jul 30 with 2712 viewsqpr_1968

well i'm content anyway. on 21:20 - Jul 30 by Ned_Kennedys

Not sure how any fans can be ‘content’ with today’s result or attacking performance.

ned, i'll try and make it a little bit more simpler for you, i'm speaking for me.

i did'nt expect to get anything from todays game, i've, like many of you have been supporting qpr for many years, 54 in all.
i'm not going to kid myself that after getting in a few players we were going to go to blackburn and get anything......my mind was made up after watching the pre season friendlies what they were capable of.
being content seems to be confusing a few on here.
in the prediction thread i put 2-0 to blackburn, and it seems a few others did as well.
if we'd have lost 2-0.....no surprise
if we'd have lost 3 or more, then i would'nt have content, obviously
but because we lost 1-0 it was a better result than i predicted, so i was content and happy.

its the first game......plenty of time to improve.

overall, no i'm not content with us losing or even drawing.....but you have to accept certain results.

well i'm content anyway. on 22:08 - Jul 30 with 2597 viewseastside_r

well i'm content anyway. on 21:38 - Jul 30 by qpr_1968

ned, i'll try and make it a little bit more simpler for you, i'm speaking for me.

i did'nt expect to get anything from todays game, i've, like many of you have been supporting qpr for many years, 54 in all.
i'm not going to kid myself that after getting in a few players we were going to go to blackburn and get anything......my mind was made up after watching the pre season friendlies what they were capable of.
being content seems to be confusing a few on here.
in the prediction thread i put 2-0 to blackburn, and it seems a few others did as well.
if we'd have lost 2-0.....no surprise
if we'd have lost 3 or more, then i would'nt have content, obviously
but because we lost 1-0 it was a better result than i predicted, so i was content and happy.

its the first game......plenty of time to improve.

overall, no i'm not content with us losing or even drawing.....but you have to accept certain results.

Mate. Not anything in that I would necessarily disagree with but I do question starting a thread like this.

Despite trying to access via a dodgy stream, I have seen little of the game other than brief highlights.

But I re-iterate, I can never be content when my team loses.
well i'm content anyway. on 22:28 - Jul 30 with 2503 viewsderbyhoop

Given our pre season program there was always a chance we'd be under prepared for 1st game. I think that's how we played. Blackburn weren't a lot better but scored a cracker.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

well i'm content anyway. on 22:30 - Jul 30 with 2493 viewsqpr_1968

well i'm content anyway. on 22:28 - Jul 30 by derbyhoop

Given our pre season program there was always a chance we'd be under prepared for 1st game. I think that's how we played. Blackburn weren't a lot better but scored a cracker.

thank you.

well i'm content anyway. on 22:35 - Jul 30 with 2454 viewsLazyFan

I am not content.
Seems to be no change since last the end of last season in the number of chances created. We don't look like scoring. Still passing back and forth with no real thrust and players are making runs.

JoJo looks like he might have gone all Cameron on us and he's done for. Cannot seem to get up and down the pitch anymore.

I always wondered about Shodpio on why his talent has gotten him further. Today I had my answer. He does not have the stamina for it. Sure he's strong on the ball and has some nice skills but after 20 mins he's shot. And it takes him 10 mins to get into the game. Now we know why he's never really made it and also why he gets those injuries, he does not have the stamina for this level.

Armstrong could be either another Devon White or Les Ferdinant, either way he looks useful. Dykes was okay, but had zero help from Shoddy and Chair was double marked out of the game.

Thomas was what we expected, lots of running no end product, Washout 2. Time to go.
Bonne is like Devon White, useful, but in a crude sometimes effective way.

We should start with Armstrong for Shodpio to see how that works with Dykes. JoJo claimed he had the preseason, well on this evidence he should be dropped for Richards. Dozzel was okay, but faded late on. Could be a case for Uncs instead if we want to be more attack-minded.

People who put in a decent effort were, Dickie who tried to take the game to them, Kakay who made some nice tackles and even hit the bar and late on a great cross which beat their entire defence and landed on a plate for Armstrong but he fluffed it.

Paal was you could tell nervous, but he got better as he got into the game more. Salter was just okay. Field was very good indeed our best player. You notice it was the defender types who all played well and the attack which was poor, hence the result.

Beale needs to get us creating chances quickly or it's going to be a very long season indeed or both :(

zzzzzzzzzz

well i'm content anyway. on 23:00 - Jul 30 with 2359 viewsHunterhoop

well i'm content anyway. on 22:35 - Jul 30 by LazyFan

I am not content.
Seems to be no change since last the end of last season in the number of chances created. We don't look like scoring. Still passing back and forth with no real thrust and players are making runs.

JoJo looks like he might have gone all Cameron on us and he's done for. Cannot seem to get up and down the pitch anymore.

I always wondered about Shodpio on why his talent has gotten him further. Today I had my answer. He does not have the stamina for it. Sure he's strong on the ball and has some nice skills but after 20 mins he's shot. And it takes him 10 mins to get into the game. Now we know why he's never really made it and also why he gets those injuries, he does not have the stamina for this level.

Armstrong could be either another Devon White or Les Ferdinant, either way he looks useful. Dykes was okay, but had zero help from Shoddy and Chair was double marked out of the game.

Thomas was what we expected, lots of running no end product, Washout 2. Time to go.
Bonne is like Devon White, useful, but in a crude sometimes effective way.

We should start with Armstrong for Shodpio to see how that works with Dykes. JoJo claimed he had the preseason, well on this evidence he should be dropped for Richards. Dozzel was okay, but faded late on. Could be a case for Uncs instead if we want to be more attack-minded.

People who put in a decent effort were, Dickie who tried to take the game to them, Kakay who made some nice tackles and even hit the bar and late on a great cross which beat their entire defence and landed on a plate for Armstrong but he fluffed it.

Paal was you could tell nervous, but he got better as he got into the game more. Salter was just okay. Field was very good indeed our best player. You notice it was the defender types who all played well and the attack which was poor, hence the result.

Beale needs to get us creating chances quickly or it's going to be a very long season indeed or both :(

Thanks, Lazy.

Your comments on Johansen are of interest (and comcern!). I feared last year (somewhere around the mid point of last season, maybe earlier) that he was a problem with his lack of mobility evident. Was shouted down on here. In then comes out at the end of the season in the Warburton demise that he’d not been training properly since November. He himself admits he didn’t have a proper pre-season last year and did not play well.

But this season he’s had a full pre-season, he’s been retained as captain (makes sense; most experienced pro and has been a captain before), so I was really hoping we’d see the Johansen of his loan spell.

I really hope his legs haven’t gone, but I fear they might have.

If we play with just one proper forward, it’s critical one of your midfield 3 gets into the box often, making runs from deep. Johansen and Dozzell like to play QB but rarely foray near the box. Field has been more of a protector/destroyer in front on the defence. Play all three together and get legs around Johansen, but you have no one making runs into the box. You play with just 3 attacking players, two of them often out wide. No wonder you don’t create much. The more bodies you can get into the box, the more goals.

Amos is the only central midfielder who has shown he can do this, but he has his weaknesses too. I hope this new lad from Brighton can play this sort of central attacking midfielder. If not, I’d like us to be bold and play Chair, with Field an AN Other (probably Johansen for now) with Willock and Roberts/Shodipo/Thomas on the other side with a forward through the middle. I’d be tempted to have Bonne over Dykes currently, but even more tempted to play Roberts there given his pace. That’s if the bloke is ever fit.
well i'm content anyway. on 23:04 - Jul 30 with 2337 viewseastside_r

well i'm content anyway. on 23:00 - Jul 30 by Hunterhoop

Thanks, Lazy.

Your comments on Johansen are of interest (and comcern!). I feared last year (somewhere around the mid point of last season, maybe earlier) that he was a problem with his lack of mobility evident. Was shouted down on here. In then comes out at the end of the season in the Warburton demise that he’d not been training properly since November. He himself admits he didn’t have a proper pre-season last year and did not play well.

But this season he’s had a full pre-season, he’s been retained as captain (makes sense; most experienced pro and has been a captain before), so I was really hoping we’d see the Johansen of his loan spell.

I really hope his legs haven’t gone, but I fear they might have.

If we play with just one proper forward, it’s critical one of your midfield 3 gets into the box often, making runs from deep. Johansen and Dozzell like to play QB but rarely foray near the box. Field has been more of a protector/destroyer in front on the defence. Play all three together and get legs around Johansen, but you have no one making runs into the box. You play with just 3 attacking players, two of them often out wide. No wonder you don’t create much. The more bodies you can get into the box, the more goals.

Amos is the only central midfielder who has shown he can do this, but he has his weaknesses too. I hope this new lad from Brighton can play this sort of central attacking midfielder. If not, I’d like us to be bold and play Chair, with Field an AN Other (probably Johansen for now) with Willock and Roberts/Shodipo/Thomas on the other side with a forward through the middle. I’d be tempted to have Bonne over Dykes currently, but even more tempted to play Roberts there given his pace. That’s if the bloke is ever fit.

Absolutely. I am a massive SJ fan, but no-one commands a place in the team on reputation alone. Especially in midfield where we have a relative abundance of options.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 23:05]
well i'm content anyway. on 23:08 - Jul 30 with 2309 viewsessextaxiboy

well i'm content anyway. on 23:04 - Jul 30 by eastside_r

Absolutely. I am a massive SJ fan, but no-one commands a place in the team on reputation alone. Especially in midfield where we have a relative abundance of options.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 23:05]

Thank fck for a positive thread ..........
well i'm content anyway. on 23:09 - Jul 30 with 2290 viewsqpr_1968

well i'm content anyway. on 22:08 - Jul 30 by eastside_r

Mate. Not anything in that I would necessarily disagree with but I do question starting a thread like this.

Despite trying to access via a dodgy stream, I have seen little of the game other than brief highlights.

But I re-iterate, I can never be content when my team loses.

well it is a message board east, and a thread that is open for peoples views and reactions to the topic.

like your good self mate.
all the inputs have been with decent debate, don't you think.....
we're all qpr at the end of the day.

no rights and wrongs on this one.

well i'm content anyway. on 23:23 - Jul 30 with 2244 viewseastside_r

well i'm content anyway. on 23:09 - Jul 30 by qpr_1968

well it is a message board east, and a thread that is open for peoples views and reactions to the topic.

like your good self mate.
all the inputs have been with decent debate, don't you think.....
we're all qpr at the end of the day.

no rights and wrongs on this one.

Agreed. It’s all about opinions which we is why we are all here for the love of QPR*.

(*Apart from the contributions or other team’s supporters, which I also generally recognise as a sign of a healthy MB and free speech in general.
well i'm content anyway. on 06:57 - Jul 31 with 2007 viewsdmm

Johansen is a concern. He must raise his game this season if Beale's system is going to work. Dozzell is supposed to be Johansen's apprentice but doesn't look close to being ready for that responsibility.

Beale has said he'll use one of two different systems to 433 and I'll be very interested to see what the midfield looks like as and when he does.

All that said, I'm not too fussed over yesterday's loss. There are 45 games and 9 months to go!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024