Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uhura R.I.P. 21:57 - Jul 31 with 2090 viewsSonofpugwash

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nichelle-nichols-trailblazing-star-trek-actres

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Uhura R.I.P. on 22:20 - Jul 31 with 1988 viewscolinallcars

The first series was the best - Uhuru, Jim, Bones, Scotty. Marvellous !
Uhura R.I.P. on 01:08 - Aug 1 with 1884 viewsDannyPaddox

I used to criticise him. Treated the football like a hot potato. Turned like an oil tanker. Spent more time pumping iron than learning ball control. But played with heart. RIP Nedum.

Edit: Beam me up Scotty!
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 13:24]
Uhura R.I.P. on 01:27 - Aug 1 with 1864 viewsBoston

Aw...single-handedly started my life long interest in females wearing short skirts and boots.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Uhura R.I.P. on 08:30 - Aug 1 with 1713 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP

I used to love the 6pm repeats on BBC2.

Never wear a red shirt on an away team.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Uhura R.I.P. on 09:34 - Aug 1 with 1653 viewsrobith

She wanted to quit Star Trek after 1 season and go back to the theatre. She handed in her nbotice to Gene Rodenbery who asked her to at least take the weekend to think about it.

That night she was attending an NCAAP dinner when the organisers said they had a fan who wanted to speak with her. She was expecting some weird Trekkie, but waiting for her was...Martin Luther King Jr. He explained that he was a huge fan of the show, that it was the only TV show he'd let his kids watch. He said that a black character being an equal in a TV show was as much a part of the civil rights movement as going on marches.

She then told him she was quitting and MLK spent half an hour changing her mind "They won't replace you with a black actor because they don't even have to replace you with a human".

She decided to stay and went to tell Roddenberry on Monday, who revealed he had already torn up her resignation because he knew she'd change her mind
Uhura R.I.P. on 21:51 - Aug 1 with 1438 viewsdigswellhoop

shes been beamed up
Uhura R.I.P. on 21:02 - Aug 3 with 1180 viewscolinallcars

Spurred on by this thread, I've just watched the first ever episode ( remastered ), on Amazon Prime for £2.99. Absolutely awful - no Jim, Scotty, Uhuru or Bones. Only Spock of the famous ones in it.
I never knew there was a Captain before Captain Kirk.
I'll go foward a bit and see when Jim joined.
Uhura R.I.P. on 21:11 - Aug 3 with 1174 viewsBoston

Uhura R.I.P. on 21:02 - Aug 3 by colinallcars

Spurred on by this thread, I've just watched the first ever episode ( remastered ), on Amazon Prime for £2.99. Absolutely awful - no Jim, Scotty, Uhuru or Bones. Only Spock of the famous ones in it.

I'll tell my mum.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Uhura R.I.P. on 21:17 - Aug 3 with 1161 viewsMiss_Terraces

Uhura R.I.P. on 09:34 - Aug 1 by robith

She wanted to quit Star Trek after 1 season and go back to the theatre. She handed in her nbotice to Gene Rodenbery who asked her to at least take the weekend to think about it.

That night she was attending an NCAAP dinner when the organisers said they had a fan who wanted to speak with her. She was expecting some weird Trekkie, but waiting for her was...Martin Luther King Jr. He explained that he was a huge fan of the show, that it was the only TV show he'd let his kids watch. He said that a black character being an equal in a TV show was as much a part of the civil rights movement as going on marches.

She then told him she was quitting and MLK spent half an hour changing her mind "They won't replace you with a black actor because they don't even have to replace you with a human".

She decided to stay and went to tell Roddenberry on Monday, who revealed he had already torn up her resignation because he knew she'd change her mind

I was totally mesmerized by her in the 80s as a child, I'm sure she has made a huge impact in Racial Equality. She has truly deserved her peace, Rest in Peace you Beautiful Angel x

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Uhura R.I.P. on 21:19 - Aug 3 with 1159 viewscolinallcars

Just checked on Wiki - Jim's in the second episode, The Man Trap. I'll watch that tomorrow.
Uhura R.I.P. on 10:57 - Aug 4 with 1040 viewsrobith

Uhura R.I.P. on 21:02 - Aug 3 by colinallcars

That was only the pilot episode that had Pike
Uhura R.I.P. on 11:01 - Aug 4 with 1034 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Uhura R.I.P. on 10:57 - Aug 4 by robith

That was only the pilot episode that had Pike

No wonder they got Kirk in.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Uhura R.I.P. on 11:39 - Aug 4 with 1018 viewsDannyPaddox

Uhura R.I.P. on 11:01 - Aug 4 by Metallica_Hoop

No wonder they got Kirk in.

Dont tell him Pike!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024