Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posties…. 23:18 - Aug 9 with 12570 viewscolinallcars

Four days strike action in Aug and Sept. We should really get behind them on this issue.
They are an integral part of all our lives and, I feel, somewhat taken for granted.
Give them a good pay rise to show how much we appreciate them.
Posties…. on 23:23 - Aug 9 with 3549 viewsdigswellhoop

they earn good money
Posties…. on 23:38 - Aug 9 with 3487 views100percent

Solidarity with all striking workers.
Join a union.
things are going to get progressively worse.
Posties…. on 01:22 - Aug 10 with 3374 viewsLazyFan

Posties…. on 23:23 - Aug 9 by digswellhoop

they earn good money

Very few earn good money with inflation really at 11% and any wage increases maxing out at 5% and that's if you strike to get it after some lamo sell-out deal. So, companies are making mega profits at the expense of the workers.

I support the posties as without them we ain't British!

zzzzzzzzzz

Posties…. on 08:21 - Aug 10 with 3206 viewsdenhamhoop2

they earn good money

Not in comparison to the Bosses and the Shareholders none of whom have ever lifted a combi oven to the top floor of a tower block
Posties…. on 08:30 - Aug 10 with 3168 viewsqprxtc

they earn good money

No working person earns good money, we’re given enough to survive and serve the rich.
Posties…. on 18:40 - Aug 10 with 2980 viewsBushRanger82

they earn good money

I doubt that very much.
In my experience of working in this country, the more graft you put in, the less reward you get out.
Posties…. on 19:38 - Aug 10 with 2929 viewsqpr_1968

up the posties.......

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Posties…. on 19:46 - Aug 10 with 2896 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Sorry, but who even uses the post anymore? I only seem to get junk mail coming through my door. I am all for workers rights, but unfortunately the postal service is doomed with email etc. Be honest, who is actually going to miss their post for 4 days?!
Login to get fewer ads

Posties…. on 19:49 - Aug 10 with 2877 viewsNorthernr

they earn good money

What is “good money” when your heating for one month is £500?
Aggro coming.
Posties…. on 19:52 - Aug 10 with 2861 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Posties…. on 19:46 - Aug 10 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Sorry, but who even uses the post anymore? I only seem to get junk mail coming through my door. I am all for workers rights, but unfortunately the postal service is doomed with email etc. Be honest, who is actually going to miss their post for 4 days?!

Royal Mail delivers to more than 29 million addresses across the UK every working day.

Good luck sending divorce papers, summons, cancer diagnoses, or components to a brain scanners by email.

Up the posties. Especially you QPR ones out there.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 19:52]
Posties…. on 20:06 - Aug 10 with 2781 viewsMedwayR

Unless you're one of the wealthy minority who take dividends then you're the same as the rest of us. We're all just varying shades of poor and should be supporting each other. The wealthy and the companies they own have had it far too good for far too long, paying out dividends at their workers expense. It's time for change.

Poll: Who’s better?

Posties…. on 20:09 - Aug 10 with 2765 viewsHayesender

This is about a lot more than our wages, it's also about our working hours and conditions.

They're trying to turn us into another Amazon/DHL/Hermies type of company with no sick pay, and zero hour contract type of working, not knowing our shifts week to week.

Good luck getting tickets, passports, debit cards etc delivered when that happens

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Posties…. on 20:18 - Aug 10 with 2734 viewsNorthernr

Posties…. on 20:09 - Aug 10 by Hayesender

This is about a lot more than our wages, it's also about our working hours and conditions.

They're trying to turn us into another Amazon/DHL/Hermies type of company with no sick pay, and zero hour contract type of working, not knowing our shifts week to week.

Good luck getting tickets, passports, debit cards etc delivered when that happens

Good luck mate.
Posties…. on 20:21 - Aug 10 with 2713 viewsBoston

Posties…. on 19:52 - Aug 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Royal Mail delivers to more than 29 million addresses across the UK every working day.

Good luck sending divorce papers, summons, cancer diagnoses, or components to a brain scanners by email.

Up the posties. Especially you QPR ones out there.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 19:52]

Correct sir, most legal docs must be hard copy.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 20:21]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Posties…. on 20:28 - Aug 10 with 2655 viewsBoston

My best mate in recent years was a 'letter carrier'. He told me the good had gone out of the job ten plus years ago, feels lucky that he retired earlier this year and predicts the death spiral for posties will continue whatever country you ply your trade as a common street walker.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Posties…. on 20:29 - Aug 10 with 2652 viewslosethedrum

Royal mail delivers letters at a loss but make their money delivering parcels and special deliveries before 1pm at a premium , not possible to email a parcel at present .
As for who uses the post anymore , they deliver 70 to 80 million items a day .
Posties…. on 20:32 - Aug 10 with 2631 viewsqpr_1968

26th aug, 31 aug, 8th/9th sept.

will back them all trhe way.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Posties…. on 20:33 - Aug 10 with 2619 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best of luck.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Posties…. on 20:37 - Aug 10 with 2605 viewsozranger

Since May 2020, I have had over 500 items delivered to my address through eBay. Something about collecting QPR programmes. I rely on them quite a lot and always am happy to chat to them when they come to the door or I meet them in elsewhere in our complex. I wish them well and hope they get what they deserve.
Posties…. on 21:02 - Aug 10 with 2531 viewsted_hendrix

My meds get delivered by Royal Mail, I get the delivery date by e-mail and the only time It went wrong was my fault, I never answered the door cos I was out back in the garden, the Post Lady instead of dropping a ticket through the letter box walked around my house till she found me In the garden and handed me my parcel for which I was thankfully grateful.

In the grand scheme of things that's no big deal but to me It's that personal touch that sadly seems lacking nowaday's.

FWIW you have my 100% support.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Posties…. on 21:17 - Aug 10 with 2474 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The reality is if Royal Mail doesn't deliver someone else will. My argument is not about workers conditions and the boards bonuses etc, my thought is that a four day strike will impact a minority of people. The brutal fact is less and less people are reliant on the postal service due to email and a vast majority of people will notice nothing.
Posties…. on 21:28 - Aug 10 with 2430 viewsHayesender

Posties…. on 21:17 - Aug 10 by Wilkinswatercarrier

The reality is if Royal Mail doesn't deliver someone else will. My argument is not about workers conditions and the boards bonuses etc, my thought is that a four day strike will impact a minority of people. The brutal fact is less and less people are reliant on the postal service due to email and a vast majority of people will notice nothing.

The reality is, if royal mail doesn't deliver your letters no one else will as its a loss making part of the company, ie, there's no profit in it.

TNT tried it a few years ago. It didn't last long.

You'll end up having to go to collect your mail from a hub in the middle of some shite industrial estate miles from civilisation

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Posties…. on 21:28 - Aug 10 with 2424 viewsstowmarketrange

Posties…. on 20:28 - Aug 10 by Boston

My best mate in recent years was a 'letter carrier'. He told me the good had gone out of the job ten plus years ago, feels lucky that he retired earlier this year and predicts the death spiral for posties will continue whatever country you ply your trade as a common street walker.

I had 26 years working for Royal Mail,and it was the best job I ever had,but I took redundancy in 2004 when the Mail trains finished.I consider myself one of the lucky ones who saw the best of the job back then.They were trying to change the job too much,so I jumped ship when I got the chance.

Every job seems to be undergoing radical changes these days,and very little of it makes the job better for those doing it.They can’t keep on expecting people to just knuckle down and get on with it when times are so tough for a lot of people at the moment.
Good luck to anyone who is only trying to protect their wages and livelihoods in these dark days.
Posties…. on 21:32 - Aug 10 with 2379 viewsRanger_Things

Doomed?

Annual operating profit of the Royal Mail Group from 2013 to 2021

2021 611m
2020 55m
2019 160m
2018 66m
2017 219m
2016 138m
2015 218m
2014 1,641m
2013 383m
Posties…. on 21:48 - Aug 10 with 2335 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Posties…. on 21:32 - Aug 10 by Ranger_Things

Doomed?

Annual operating profit of the Royal Mail Group from 2013 to 2021

2021 611m
2020 55m
2019 160m
2018 66m
2017 219m
2016 138m
2015 218m
2014 1,641m
2013 383m

That £611m used to go into the treasury’s pocket too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024