Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread 08:13 - Aug 16 with 29666 viewsHoopstar

Never had a go at one of these before.

Only 2.7% of us have predicted an way win with over 85% saying a home win today in the prediction league...so there is that.

I have a good feeling about tonight anyway.

If I had to guess a starting XI..

Dieng
Kakay Dickie Dunne Paal
Field Johansen
Willock Roberts Chair
Dykes

Laird to come on after 60 for a debut.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:05 - Aug 16 with 2314 viewsMelakaRanger

A few bright sparks. Laird and Armstrong were good. Dykes just gets worse. I thought Dozzel played ok today, much better than Johansen.

We could have played another 3 hours and we wouldn’t have scored . We lacked any quality in the last 25 yards.

Blackpool were faster and played wider than us. Full of shirt pulling and time wasting. But on balance they deserved their win.

Beale has a lot of work to do to avoid us staying close to or in the bottom 4 over the coming months
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:06 - Aug 16 with 2291 viewsR_from_afar

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:58 - Aug 16 by paulparker

The last three games we have played league one standard teams in. Charlton, Sunderland and Blackpool and have struggled , we are also relying on a rookie upfront to get ours out of the brown stuff

I wouldn't call Blackpool League 1 standard because they only got six fewer points than us last season but otherwise, you are absolutely spot on.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:06 - Aug 16 with 2283 viewsandrew1302

Well i thought that was really poor. Couldn't make a pass , Dykes did nothing, Johanson was a liability and so the list goes on. We are just too slow. By the time we have the ball across the back four for the 5th time and then Johanson or Dozell decide going forward to is to exciting the opposition have lined up had tea and cake and are just waiting. Let's face it Blackpool are a very average to poor side. Unless our midfield especially Johanson and Dozell are prepared to attack the ball and make a pass at pace we are going to be very frustrated this season. Absolutely nothing tonight that bodes well apart from Armstrong. How Dykes starts before him amazes me. Neale should get Johanson and Dozell to practice running forward and making passes in that direction. Reminded me of the latter part of last season. Laboured, and no punch.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:09 - Aug 16 with 2223 viewskropotkin41

Obvious question, depressing and unhelpful probably, when is Willock back?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:10 - Aug 16 with 2182 viewsGroveR

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:06 - Aug 16 by andrew1302

Well i thought that was really poor. Couldn't make a pass , Dykes did nothing, Johanson was a liability and so the list goes on. We are just too slow. By the time we have the ball across the back four for the 5th time and then Johanson or Dozell decide going forward to is to exciting the opposition have lined up had tea and cake and are just waiting. Let's face it Blackpool are a very average to poor side. Unless our midfield especially Johanson and Dozell are prepared to attack the ball and make a pass at pace we are going to be very frustrated this season. Absolutely nothing tonight that bodes well apart from Armstrong. How Dykes starts before him amazes me. Neale should get Johanson and Dozell to practice running forward and making passes in that direction. Reminded me of the latter part of last season. Laboured, and no punch.

Johansen's form is a serious, serious concern. I praised him as a class above this division many times last season. Looks like a pub footballer at the moment and has done for months.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:10 - Aug 16 with 2160 viewsJamesB1979

Patino looked excellent…Bowler too and Lavery. Thought all 3 were better then any of ours. Very gutting all round.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:12 - Aug 16 with 2104 viewsJigsore

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:10 - Aug 16 by JamesB1979

Patino looked excellent…Bowler too and Lavery. Thought all 3 were better then any of ours. Very gutting all round.

Really? Agree with the first two but Lavery was terrible, no idea how he stayed on the pitch

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:12 - Aug 16 with 2103 viewsManinBlack

Zero positives from that tonight. All the old failings like conceding just before half time, Dykes missing a sitter and losing on Sky to a team who had not won at our place for 50 years.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:17 - Aug 16 with 2010 viewsJamesB1979

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:12 - Aug 16 by Jigsore

Really? Agree with the first two but Lavery was terrible, no idea how he stayed on the pitch

Think he’d be an absolute nightmare to play against. Never gives up and runs himself into the ground.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:18 - Aug 16 with 1985 viewsdistortR

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:06 - Aug 16 by andrew1302

Yeah, if we are going to use Armstrong, then we need him running at defences, not receiving the ball when he's static, back to goal,with the defence in position. And we need to use the lad, he's a real threat.

Dykes hasn't struck me as being a happy bunny for quite some time.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:20 - Aug 16 with 1930 viewskarlski

You'd have to say that was a little concerning - with a lot of caveats eg still learning Beale's style, no Willock, new players bedding in.

Having got those out of the way though, what concerns me the most is that Beale's love for pushing full backs high in 4-3-3 hasn't given us a discernible attacking edge/style and leaves us wide open when the other team breaks. It's almost like the full backs take a high position but from there we don't actually know what to do. We didn't create a good quality chance from open attacking play - best one was Dykes when Johansen closed down their defender, which was a brilliant chance absolutely criminally wasted (squares it to Johansen it's an open goal), but that wasn't an attacking piece of play. Last 15 mins we couldn't get Chair anywhere near the ball, and he's probably the player we need on it the most.

Johansen, that good bit of pressing aside, really concerns me. Totally bypassed when the other team has the ball, easily shrugged off it, and very little of the incisive passing we need from him.

There's obviously much to learn for the players about the style MB wants, and I'm sure much he wants to do with them that he hasn't been able to. But this outing does leave some concern in the air. Blackpool barely had to do much to resist whatever attacking intent we did have.

Relying on Armstrong as a saviour isn't going to work, he's just a kid - hugely exciting and with a role to play this season, but if he's our best bet, we're in a little trouble.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:21 - Aug 16 with 1927 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Awful performance for the whole 90 minutes. No creativity, we look narrow and the ball does go wide the crossing is abysmal. They looked quicker and more organised and deserved the win. I think a switch to a back 3 is on the cards as we look like we will concede everytime we come under pressure.
Thought Dozzell had a decent game.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:24 - Aug 16 with 1879 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
QPR 0 Blackpool 1
I know many will disagree with this - but we should have won this match by two clear goals.
And I'll tell you why in one word.
Dykes.
We should have been well ahead before ex-QPR Josh Bowler scored just before HT.
Dykes had so many chances - and he fluffed them all.
It's not just this match it's many matches.
He's just not good enough for top half Championship level.
He may be good enough for the bottom half of this League - maybe!
He's almost the equivalent of Hamaleinen - not good enough for us.
When he joined it looked like a good investment.
But he has surely and steadily lost confidence in his own ability.
He had one clear chance and at least two half chances before HT.
Surely the old warhorses from last year Austin and Gray would have converted.
Once you're leading - stating the obvious - it's a different game.
We did look good in the opening spell.
Laird and Roberts - definite upgrades - Premiership quality - once they settle into the side.
So when you create all those chances and they're not put away - it's then an uphill battle.
Yes we pressed them in the second half.
But Blackpool were intent - apart from the obvious time-wasting - to holding on to their lead and QPR shirts - to take something away from Loftus Road.
And they took all three points.
Why is it that a raw 19 year old Sinclair Armstrong can look so much better that Dykes.
His introduction with 12 minutes left replacing Jojo - he seems even slower than ever - makes us excited to watch him. He's such an appealing footballer.
Armstrong all pace, power, strength - and worries the defenders.
Compare that with Dykes.
Well he doesn't worry anybody.
I'm sure Dykes and everyone else who is poor are doing their best - but QPR is a Championship club - fighting above their weight.
We have to have a finisher - maybe Armstrong is the long-term answer.
Surely he'll be introduced for longer and longer minutes in the game.
He's that good.
On a positive note with hopefully Willock back on Saturday - at home to Rotherham - he will surely make a difference. And that will boost new-dad Chair improving his performance - although he did have a reasonable game.
Hate to say this we're 15th - but it's early days.
Once we have - Willock back - along with next month Amos, Salter-Clark and Richards - hopefully that will make all the difference.
Gutted - you bet.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:25 - Aug 16 with 1872 viewsbongo_king

Up until around 35 mins in the 1st half it looked like, if we could get the opener it would be a question of how many. But the game changed with their goal and that second half was... painful.

I'm picking up some patterns emerging... apart from an intense opening 30 or so, we defend very narrow to enable aggressive pressing up the pitch if the press gets breached, but this has massive vulnerabilities, particularly on the transition. Our attacks seem mainly press and cross based, which are great when the game is 0-0 or the oppo in dissarray, but doesn't really work when we're behind against a closed shop (e.g. here) or oppo come out with their plan b (e.g. boro 2nd half). Our own plan b is needed for games though looking at that bench tonight I feel for Beale.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:32 - Aug 16 with 1768 viewsBoston

I listened, judging from Andy and Nicks broadcast, we could and and should have done better.

I also had a text from someone at the match, they kept it short and sweet, "of two poor sides, Rangers were slightly better".

Can't wait for Rotherham😀

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:32 - Aug 16 with 1763 viewsBenny_the_Ball

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:10 - Aug 16 by JamesB1979

QPR's midfield has been underwhelming for some time. Field is the only player who consistently plays to an acceptable standard with the odd cameo from Amos. Johansen looks shot and Dozzell is too lightweight for the Championship. Fingers crossed that Richards can offer better when fit.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 22:33]
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:48 - Aug 16 with 1624 viewsbenhurst

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I really didn't think we were that bad. If our finishing is 10% better we win that game by several goals and we really should've been out of sight by half time
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 23:09 - Aug 16 with 1497 viewsLblock

Rotherham is a must win then!!!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 23:11 - Aug 16 with 1475 viewskensalriser

It was dire. Blackpool were better drilled, quicker and mostly dealt with us easily, albeit with a little help from shirt pulling and and an oblivious ref.

We had no energy, no creativity and our only answer to the high press was to revert to the old ponderous pissing around at the back until the oppo had 11 behind the ball. No accident that Blackpool scored on a rapid break. We were lucky they were profligate, too, it should have been more than 0-1.

Not going to point the finger individually. It was poor all round. And very much like the latter half of last season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 23:18 - Aug 16 with 1420 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 23:11 - Aug 16 by kensalriser

It was dire. Blackpool were better drilled, quicker and mostly dealt with us easily, albeit with a little help from shirt pulling and and an oblivious ref.

We had no energy, no creativity and our only answer to the high press was to revert to the old ponderous pissing around at the back until the oppo had 11 behind the ball. No accident that Blackpool scored on a rapid break. We were lucky they were profligate, too, it should have been more than 0-1.

Not going to point the finger individually. It was poor all round. And very much like the latter half of last season.

Spot on assessment of the game. I thought Blackpool were very well organised and had clearly done their homework on us.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 23:34 - Aug 16 with 1349 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 23:11 - Aug 16 by kensalriser

Pretty much my assessment, yet I can’t pick out any individuals who played badly (Dyke’s misses aside)
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 23:52 - Aug 16 with 1304 views89_50

A few glimmers of positivity shrouded in a sea of mediocrity, unfortunately.

First, the positives:

Laird was excellent. Comfortable and confident on the ball. Quick and direct. Wanting to make things happen. I think his delivery was spot on nearly every time - and with service like that it's inconceivable that we don't score goals. While he tired towards the end - understandable given his recent situation - I really like him. Even more so, considering he had only trained with the team for 40 minutes yesterday.

While I don't particularly rate Dozzell, he was the best of out midfield three, and put himself about a fair bit. You can see he's trying to take on more onus to make things happen, and I could at least appreciate the application.

Armstrong, once more, was energy and excitement. You could see how much he wanted it, and his enthusiasm and effort in such a short period really gave impetus, even if we didn't really look like scoring.

Now, the negatives.

Dykes's profligacy in front of goal is now actively harming the team. Three excellent opportunities to score, wasted. Anticipation for Laird's 'on a platter' ball in the second half, non-existent.

Maybe I'm being unfair (likely), but maybe his comparatively late switch in life to football means he's never truly developed that instinct that much better players have. He always seems unsure of what to do, and nothing seems natural in the way he plays. Sure, he's athletic and can flick the ball on and chase, but his first touch is so bad, that his second is a tackle.

Johansen once again too pedestrian. It removes any pace and urgency from an attack, and is all too predictable. I think he's playing too far back. On far too many occasions, he tried that defence-splitting pass, but it went straight into traffic. Passes like that will never work when you've got 10 players parked in front of you.

I don't know if it's formation or the assigned roles to players, but something really needs to change ahead of Saturday.

Thankfully, I'd imagine Willock will be back, and will play probably an hour.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 23:53 - Aug 16 with 1298 viewsSouthallRanger

Well that was rubbish. Midfield ineffective, johanson maybe has age catching up to him. Seems a team of strangers. Bits of laird were encouraging. Armstrong draws lots of fouls, love his running. Too bad about the header at the end. Dykes should have scored at least one… I’m beginning to draw conclusions about him. Mainly just too slow

The bonne not being injured, just not selected quote was interesting and no doubt will come out on the next few days… maybe not happy that Armstrong is already ahead of him 🤔. Or some tram has actually come in for him offering actual money.

I think it’s obvious that we need willock to play. Get him on the pitch even if mick Beale has to push him round in a wheel barrow for 90mns
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 0:08]
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 00:54 - Aug 17 with 1187 viewsSharpediver

Positives: the rail standing area in the Lower Loft was superb.
Negatives. The whole match. Worst I've seen since Crewe at home 1998/99.
We are facing relegation on this performance
Was utterly dreadful
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 01:01 - Aug 17 with 1155 viewsDamo1962

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:18 - Aug 16 by distortR

Yeah, if we are going to use Armstrong, then we need him running at defences, not receiving the ball when he's static, back to goal,with the defence in position. And we need to use the lad, he's a real threat.

Dykes hasn't struck me as being a happy bunny for quite some time.

Dykes should be shown the door along with Johansson. Both make me sick watching them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024