Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bottle jobs! 14:24 - Nov 21 with 4993 viewsRangersDave

Typically in my venture to avoid any of the world cup thingy, my milkman (yup i still have one) tells me that England have bottled wearing an armband thingy for fear of what he thinks is the threat of a red card.

Well, boo hoo hoo....... fcuk em, go out and all wear an armband, then the manager, trainers, staff all there, wearing it and being proud too! What are fifa going to do? fine us? feck em! ban us? feck em!

The stand needed all players minimum to wear it, to show a stance, a message. But no, we didnt'.

So yes, they are bottle jobs when they had a chance to give a great message that would travel worldwide, and be enduring, they dumbed down so as not to cause a problem

To all those involved in the team out there, i say you are spineless, overpaid thick fcuks, and you must never protest again about anything, as your 'value' as an ambassador for all that could be right and equal within sport and society is gone.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 15:15]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Bottle jobs! on 17:24 - Nov 22 with 1109 viewsessextaxiboy

Bottle jobs! on 16:41 - Nov 22 by Northernr

Belgium now told they can't wear one of their kits and their change strip, all approved pre-tournament by Fifa, again left to 24 hours before they play.

Now clearly either Fifa or Qatar or both have adopted a media strategy over the past few months of essentially saying "don't worry, it'll be fine, this is all scaremongering, eat what you like, drink what you like, wear what you like etc etc" only to then do what they were going to do anyway and clamp down on all this "please respect our culture" sht once everybody is out there and has no choice but to acquiesce.

If, as Essex suggests, it's Qatar with Fifa over a barrel then Fifa have given themselves a problem by agreeing to the beer thing, and then the armband thing. Because it seems now these demands are going to keep coming. And having appeased them once, to the detriment of a key sponsor and one would assume an enormous cost on that contract, they're now emboldened to make more fcking joke requests like this.

Should have been told to pis off over the beer thing, and the armband thing.

This post has been edited by an administrator

You only have to look at previous tournaments to see that FIFA have no problem with alcohol at games ? I am told that Bud sold 3 million pints at the last one . There is also no benefit to them in appearing non inclusive . The Qataris set the laws which trump everything ,contracts , understandings, or assurances they don't care who they have deceived, what contracts they have broken , how much they can be sued
Bottle jobs! on 18:08 - Nov 22 with 1052 viewsdaveB

The Germans said last night that they and the other nations pulled out of the armband thing to stand with England who had been threatened with sporting sanctions but were not told what they could be. Van Dijk has come out angry about it today as well as has the Belgium captain who said he is terrified to say anything as that might face a ban. What a situation they have put these players in. FIFA have been a disgrace with this

I hope whoever wins this collects the trophy wearing rainbow t shirts with lots of kisses
Bottle jobs! on 18:19 - Nov 22 with 1035 viewsessextaxiboy

Bottle jobs! on 18:08 - Nov 22 by daveB

The Germans said last night that they and the other nations pulled out of the armband thing to stand with England who had been threatened with sporting sanctions but were not told what they could be. Van Dijk has come out angry about it today as well as has the Belgium captain who said he is terrified to say anything as that might face a ban. What a situation they have put these players in. FIFA have been a disgrace with this

I hope whoever wins this collects the trophy wearing rainbow t shirts with lots of kisses

Qatar can easily afford to just shut down the tournament send everybody home and write off the costs just to make a point . The sponsorship money from any Qatari businesses comes originally from the Qatari government so they don't care about that . The tournament has started , seasons have been suspended ,worldwide fixtures rearranged. What way do you think FIFA should have jumped ?
Bottle jobs! on 18:24 - Nov 22 with 1028 viewsdaveB

Bottle jobs! on 18:19 - Nov 22 by essextaxiboy

Qatar can easily afford to just shut down the tournament send everybody home and write off the costs just to make a point . The sponsorship money from any Qatari businesses comes originally from the Qatari government so they don't care about that . The tournament has started , seasons have been suspended ,worldwide fixtures rearranged. What way do you think FIFA should have jumped ?

They could but really there are enough other countires who could step in tomorrow and host it so they should have shown some backbone rather than fold like this and hang footballers out to dry. If Qatar shut it down tomorrow you could fly everyone other to Europe or North America, would be a logistical nightmare but they could do it. no way would Qatar shut it down after spending so much money to get it in the first place
Bottle jobs! on 18:35 - Nov 22 with 1008 viewsPunteR

Bottle jobs! on 10:53 - Nov 22 by ngbqpr

There would be a lot more kids going even hungrier right now if it wasn't for Marcus Rashford.

A lot of black footballers, and I suspect a lot of black kids too, feeling emboldened to stand up to the racism they face daily because of Raheem Sterling.

A lot of LGBT fans feeling just a little more comfortable going to games because of vocal encouragement from Jordan Henderson.

And their England team mates may not all feel as comfortable being so vocal, but when they take the knee in a World Cup opener, it still sends a powerful message to a wide audience ("why are they doing that dad?" etc).

It shouldn't come down to footballers to shine a light on any of this, or indeed any sportspeople or those in the public eye. But when politicians can't seem to find it within themselves to deal with these issues, and when you look what happened online to the players who missed the pens in the Euros, and when you consider that no gay footballer bar that one very brave teenager from Blackpool, has felt able to come out publicly, I can see why some footballers who feel strongly think, "fck it, I'm gonna say something" - and look at what Rashford alone achieved.

To those who cry "virtue signalling" - I'm interested to know where do you draw the line between what is deemed 'political' and what is basic 'human rights'?

I think where the line is between the political aspect and highlighting basic human rights is when you have an individual, Rashford for example , stand up for what he truly believes and uses his status for good use, to send a message out . That in my opinion is admirable. I think when it starts going into the political area is when football as a whole join in when really theres a conflict of interest ,mainly because of how football is financed, but also its trying to represent on mass people that haven't actually signed up to or agreed to that way of thinking. Most fans I believe just want to watch a game of football and not be force fed an ideology. Whether that ideology is right or not. I think football is on dodgy ground when it's asking questions of people's Muslim faith for example.
I get it if Harry Cane wants to challenge the Muslims faith and its opinions on homosexuality for example , if he feels that strongly about it. Crack on. But when your asking a whole team representing a country that has a percentage of Muslims supporting its team it does feel to me a bit short sighted. Plus do we really know what the players feel about human rights? Or are they just doing as they're told.? I don't know.
I guess large industry's can make a small difference though. I think of the 80s when Bob Geldoff got the music industry to highlight issues in Africa. It didn't solve the worlds problems but it helped and made the west feel good about itself.
I dunno mate, I do see your point about using football to change the world for the better I'm just a bit cynical towards that particular industry.
Music is the answer. ;)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bottle jobs! on 18:39 - Nov 22 with 1001 viewsessextaxiboy

Bottle jobs! on 18:24 - Nov 22 by daveB

They could but really there are enough other countires who could step in tomorrow and host it so they should have shown some backbone rather than fold like this and hang footballers out to dry. If Qatar shut it down tomorrow you could fly everyone other to Europe or North America, would be a logistical nightmare but they could do it. no way would Qatar shut it down after spending so much money to get it in the first place

Regarding the money they would not even blink , the rise in world gas price has covered that many times already .
Bottle jobs! on 18:48 - Nov 22 with 989 viewsdaveB

Bottle jobs! on 18:39 - Nov 22 by essextaxiboy

Regarding the money they would not even blink , the rise in world gas price has covered that many times already .

If that was the threat I'd have called their bluff, easy for me to say though
Bottle jobs! on 19:09 - Nov 22 with 969 viewsNorthernr

Denmark manager post match comments...

“I spend too much time every day right now figuring out how to handle this. There are so many things I really want to say and many things I want to do. It’s an old saying: find the calmness to see what you want to change, the courage to do what you can, and the wisdom to tell the difference. And I’m fighting with this, I have to say. I have never been thinking of other things when I’m with the players, but I can tell you I have difficulties finding myself here. In Denmark we have this slogan called ‘part of something bigger’, and right now I’m not sure if I’m part of something that I like.”
Login to get fewer ads

Bottle jobs! on 20:05 - Nov 22 with 915 viewsdistortR

Bottle jobs! on 19:09 - Nov 22 by Northernr

Denmark manager post match comments...

“I spend too much time every day right now figuring out how to handle this. There are so many things I really want to say and many things I want to do. It’s an old saying: find the calmness to see what you want to change, the courage to do what you can, and the wisdom to tell the difference. And I’m fighting with this, I have to say. I have never been thinking of other things when I’m with the players, but I can tell you I have difficulties finding myself here. In Denmark we have this slogan called ‘part of something bigger’, and right now I’m not sure if I’m part of something that I like.”

even if fifa say no, it won't stop ronaldo.
Bottle jobs! on 12:13 - Nov 23 with 758 viewsNorthernr

Germany and Denmark now threatening to sue Fifa over it, saying they haven't followed their own rules. One of their big sponsors, German supermarket brand, has pulled their deal.
Bottle jobs! on 12:38 - Nov 23 with 729 viewskensalriser

Post World Cup would be a good time for a number of the bigger nations to break away and precipitate the collapse of FIFA.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bottle jobs! on 12:54 - Nov 23 with 716 viewsaston_hoop

Apparently Neuer will wear the One Love armband, hope the ref refuses to book him as a minimum

edit - he didn't wear it in the end.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 13:17]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Bottle jobs! on 13:26 - Nov 23 with 675 viewsSheffieldHoop

Bottle jobs! on 12:38 - Nov 23 by kensalriser

Post World Cup would be a good time for a number of the bigger nations to break away and precipitate the collapse of FIFA.

And what makes you think this would be any less susceptible to corruption than FIFA ever was?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024