Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marsch will work out - Give him a chance 12:49 - Feb 14 with 2590 viewsSouthamptonfan

My understanding is that this will be a short term deal. He will be desperate to send Leeds down and keep us up. He has PL experience. There isn't a lot of choice. I'm fully behind this appointment.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:18 - Feb 14 with 2508 viewsButty101

He has certainly experienced a lot of losing in the premiership. Should fit in perfectly.

That said ive seen a couple Leeds games and they had all the same problems as us eg cant defend or score - but did play great football

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:25 - Feb 14 with 2490 viewsSouthamptonfan

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:18 - Feb 14 by Butty101

He has certainly experienced a lot of losing in the premiership. Should fit in perfectly.

That said ive seen a couple Leeds games and they had all the same problems as us eg cant defend or score - but did play great football

And then there was this under Marsch. Can't get the link but they beat Chelsea 3 nil. They won at Anfield.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 13:28]

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:32 - Feb 14 with 2455 views1885_SFC

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:25 - Feb 14 by Southamptonfan

And then there was this under Marsch. Can't get the link but they beat Chelsea 3 nil. They won at Anfield.

Well he knows how to beat a 10-man Wolves - unlike a certain Welsh gimp...

Old School is Cool

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:37 - Feb 14 with 2434 viewsSouthamptonfan

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:32 - Feb 14 by 1885_SFC

Well he knows how to beat a 10-man Wolves - unlike a certain Welsh gimp...

There's the difference between Marsch and Jones! I think Marsch will prove a lot wrong. He speaks well, is energetic (rather that then some interpreter with Bielsa or Gallardo) and he will be determined to send Leeds down. Not sure about long term but short term I'm confident he is the right appointment for now.

We arn't down yet. We need to get behind the new man and try to pull off a great escape.

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:40 - Feb 14 with 2424 viewsBazza

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:25 - Feb 14 by Southamptonfan

Saints beat Man City. One win in many losses hardly gives a good reputation
Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:50 - Feb 14 with 2371 views1885_SFC

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:40 - Feb 14 by Bazza

Saints beat Man City. One win in many losses hardly gives a good reputation

Yes, but always remember - he isn't Nathan Jones!

Old School is Cool

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:59 - Feb 14 with 2321 viewsblubberboy

I've given up trying to judge Saints' managerial appointments, but Marsch has a great CV - seems to have won things with nearly every club he has been with - and did keep Leeds up last season. OK, things went wrong this season but I'm convinced Leeds have a weaker squad than us. I would personally have kept Selles in charge for the rest of the season but JM does at least feel like a breath of fresh air right now. Could be fun if both the players and supporters take to him - certainly a lot more likeable than that Welsh bloke.
Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 14:00 - Feb 14 with 2316 viewssaints__fan__73

A short term deal? Are you having a laugh?

It will be at least 2.5 years.

Or did you mean short in terms of how long he will last? You're probably correct if so.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 14:06 - Feb 14 with 2293 viewsSouthamptonfan

Blackmore ready to announce the appointment

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 14:07 - Feb 14 with 2288 views1885_SFC

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 14:00 - Feb 14 by saints__fan__73

A short term deal? Are you having a laugh?

It will be at least 2.5 years.

Or did you mean short in terms of how long he will last? You're probably correct if so.

It's Valentines Day. Show some love for our new American cousin

Old School is Cool

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 17:40 - Feb 14 with 2056 viewsRon11

He wouldn't be my choice but anybody would be better than the embarrassment that was Jones.
Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 21:31 - Feb 14 with 1864 viewskernow

If he gets the gig and the opportunity, I' m happy to.
Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 22:41 - Feb 14 with 1775 viewsBazza

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 21:31 - Feb 14 by kernow

If he gets the gig and the opportunity, I' m happy to.

You’re happy to what. …?
Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 22:50 - Feb 14 with 1728 viewsSouthamptonfan

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 22:41 - Feb 14 by Bazza

You’re happy to what. …?

Happy to clap him
Happy to give him a few games
Happy to sing his name
Happy to have his name on the back of his shirt
Happy to buy tickets for games
Happy to have him as our manager

One of those or a few of those I would imagine
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 22:53]

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 09:53 - Feb 15 with 1439 viewsChesham_Saint

If we could just wait a week or so until Chelsea sack Potter then I'd be happy.

Ex-Saint, managed a comparable sized club (Brighton), plain speaking etc, etc...

Way better than any of the current available crop of proven failures....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 10:45 - Feb 15 with 1385 viewspjt50

I'm curious what people view as success from this point onwards. If it's nothing less than staying in the league, the new manager — whoever it is — is on a hiding to nothing. Not impossible, but Saints are 1/5 relegation favourites for a reason.

How about if we're playing attractive football, bringing on some youngsters & well-prepared for a quick return to the PL. Is that success?

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 11:42 - Feb 15 with 1303 viewsSteveMoron

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 10:45 - Feb 15 by pjt50

I'm curious what people view as success from this point onwards. If it's nothing less than staying in the league, the new manager — whoever it is — is on a hiding to nothing. Not impossible, but Saints are 1/5 relegation favourites for a reason.

How about if we're playing attractive football, bringing on some youngsters & well-prepared for a quick return to the PL. Is that success?

Sounds good. It's being reported it's until the end of the season. Interesting...
If only his first game was Wolves h
Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 12:47 - Feb 15 with 1224 viewsScoot

Fucck him

Poll: Should NJ go?

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 12:51 - Feb 15 with 1217 viewsScoot

Not many get to relegate two clubs in 1 season. Hughes nearly did. It seems like our club are dead set on doing it

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:08 - Feb 15 with 1176 viewsgrumpy

I wish Marsch well but can’t help thinking the club has panicked. Just want this season over now,put us out of our misery.
Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 13:23 - Feb 15 with 1148 viewsPatfromPoole

I don't have any firm view either way on Marsch.

He strikes me as a decent bloke, who is genuine, albeit prone to being a bit overly-emotional. Many will like him for this.

My one big concern is that it is so soon after he has been sacked by Leeds. He hasn't had any time to consider his thoughts and analyse where he may have gone wrong there.

Dyche had a period of time to reflect on what went wrong at Burnley and to come back into the game refreshed. Same with Howe and the end of his Boscombe era.

I get why Marsch wants to get straight back into management; it's a drug to people like him.

Let's just hope he can inject confidence into a team and also fanbase totally lacking in it. That will be about 90% of the battle won.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 13:25]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Marsch will work out - Give him a chance on 14:56 - Feb 15 with 1039 viewsScoot

That aged well

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024