Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans 09:40 - Mar 5 with 3788 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59757/russell-martin-rea

And so it goes, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 09:40 - Mar 5 with 2898 viewsBadlands

That is not reassuring.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 09:48 - Mar 5 with 2843 viewsangryjack

They be sorry when hardly any people renew season tickets no money being spent in bars or club shop..everyperson I speak to who have gad season tickets for years,are just not renewing because of him..
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 10:10 - Mar 5 with 2804 viewsOptimisticJack

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 09:48 - Mar 5 by angryjack

They be sorry when hardly any people renew season tickets no money being spent in bars or club shop..everyperson I speak to who have gad season tickets for years,are just not renewing because of him..

I will continue to support our team.
Been through much worse times than this.
Players very low in confidence.
A win could still change things.

Optimisticjack

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 10:29 - Mar 5 with 2755 viewsBoundy

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 10:10 - Mar 5 by OptimisticJack

I will continue to support our team.
Been through much worse times than this.
Players very low in confidence.
A win could still change things.

and more losses won't I'm afraid .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 10:36 - Mar 5 with 2738 viewscadleigh

1 I long ago stopped believing what Martin says. Take yesterday - in his pre-match press conference he said he was taking a full squad to Luton, yet Grimes was too ill to even make the subs bench
2 Even so, what he says the owners told him is far from an assurance of a new contract. At best, his job is secure for a few more games on the basis of this account. Which is exactly what I would expect from these owners.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 10:38 - Mar 5 with 2728 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If true they are damned fools.
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 10:42 - Mar 5 with 2721 viewsmagicdaps10

The dreaded vote of confidence.

Most will know that I have always been an open mind with Martin and I will continue to have an open mind in all things but surely his time is up and the owners need to act soon.

Martin is broken, players broken and fans broken.......the owners need to take responsibility, get on a plane and sort their mess out.
They have left it for others far too long.

Make a bit of contact with all involved and mainly the fans.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 10:45 - Mar 5 with 2711 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 10:42 - Mar 5 by magicdaps10

The dreaded vote of confidence.

Most will know that I have always been an open mind with Martin and I will continue to have an open mind in all things but surely his time is up and the owners need to act soon.

Martin is broken, players broken and fans broken.......the owners need to take responsibility, get on a plane and sort their mess out.
They have left it for others far too long.

Make a bit of contact with all involved and mainly the fans.

A fans forum would be interesting at this moment in time.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 11:30 - Mar 5 with 2625 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 10:36 - Mar 5 by cadleigh

1 I long ago stopped believing what Martin says. Take yesterday - in his pre-match press conference he said he was taking a full squad to Luton, yet Grimes was too ill to even make the subs bench
2 Even so, what he says the owners told him is far from an assurance of a new contract. At best, his job is secure for a few more games on the basis of this account. Which is exactly what I would expect from these owners.

He was taken ill just before the game ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 12:02 - Mar 5 with 2567 viewsheatwave

The owners are spouting the same rubbish to him as he spouts to us.
The only difference is he believes what they say.
I can't believe a word he says.
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 12:09 - Mar 5 with 2555 viewsSullutaCreturned

Full support, wow je really is deluded. To me the foreseeable future doesn't stretch as far as our last match this season. The foreseeable to me right now is the end of March.

I think he believes what he wants to regardless of what is actually said. Either that or he is too delusional to recognise the situation he is in.

Of course it is possible he does have their full support and is here next season and if that's the case I think the owners will find the fans patience had run out.
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 13:11 - Mar 5 with 2439 viewsReslovenSwan1

The rest of the season is a good test of Martin's and his players metal. It would not be the first time a period of adversity helps define a struggling young manager. The anger and frustration will see leaders emerge through the weekly grind. Wood and Cabango for example. Fulton as a leader. Latibeaudiere, Cooper and Cullen need to g fight to prove they are made of the right stuff. Hopefully Swansea will meet similarly out of sorts teams and guarantee Championship football again.

No one said it was easy. Even the dinosaurs are struggling McCarthy and Warnock. Wilder came up short. Pearson another unable to get consistency. A succession of Stoke mangers have come up short. Recruitment continues to be a problem for Swansea and Martin has not helped himself with Fisher and Sorinola,
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 13:13]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 13:31 - Mar 5 with 2401 viewsjackdee

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 10:36 - Mar 5 by cadleigh

To put things into perspective, chelsea have 31 players they could call on in their full squad and 22 players out on loan and on as bad a run of for as we are.
How many players did RM have in his full squad to take to Luton yesterday. 2 or 3 injuries and a couple of suspensions and I reckon the team will pick itself

BTIIC

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 13:48 - Mar 5 with 2383 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 13:11 - Mar 5 by ReslovenSwan1

The rest of the season is a good test of Martin's and his players metal. It would not be the first time a period of adversity helps define a struggling young manager. The anger and frustration will see leaders emerge through the weekly grind. Wood and Cabango for example. Fulton as a leader. Latibeaudiere, Cooper and Cullen need to g fight to prove they are made of the right stuff. Hopefully Swansea will meet similarly out of sorts teams and guarantee Championship football again.

No one said it was easy. Even the dinosaurs are struggling McCarthy and Warnock. Wilder came up short. Pearson another unable to get consistency. A succession of Stoke mangers have come up short. Recruitment continues to be a problem for Swansea and Martin has not helped himself with Fisher and Sorinola,

Bad situations can on times be a superb learning curb, this one is certainly a situation that can learned from.....infact it will be the defining moment for Russell Martin for me.

This situation is different to what we have seen in the last 18 months and certainly a situation I am not surprised to find ourselves in......i fully expected this after that play off final we lost against Brentford, writing was in the wall from that day for me.

Personally I think it's too much for Martin, I think he is broken and his inexperience especially in the situation is closing in on him but he has an opportunity to turn this situation, handle it and push in for the better both physically and mentally.

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 13:54 - Mar 5 with 2359 viewsgrabsplatter

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 13:48 - Mar 5 by magicdaps10

Bad situations can on times be a superb learning curb, this one is certainly a situation that can learned from.....infact it will be the defining moment for Russell Martin for me.

This situation is different to what we have seen in the last 18 months and certainly a situation I am not surprised to find ourselves in......i fully expected this after that play off final we lost against Brentford, writing was in the wall from that day for me.

Personally I think it's too much for Martin, I think he is broken and his inexperience especially in the situation is closing in on him but he has an opportunity to turn this situation, handle it and push in for the better both physically and mentally.

He may have the support of the owners but with very little support from the fanbase it's creating a toxic atmosphere & it'll only get worse.
I'll be renewing my season ticket but in the hope of seeing a different manager in charge next season. This shambles has to end.
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 14:10 - Mar 5 with 2344 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 13:54 - Mar 5 by grabsplatter

He may have the support of the owners but with very little support from the fanbase it's creating a toxic atmosphere & it'll only get worse.
I'll be renewing my season ticket but in the hope of seeing a different manager in charge next season. This shambles has to end.

It certainly has to end, Martin needs to change the results or the owners need to take control of the situation.

Taking into account that we have a massive summer ahead of us and that's if we stay in this league(I fully expect that we will but it's not a given) then some needs to take control of the situation between now and the international window.

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 15:32 - Mar 5 with 2246 viewsjacksfullaces

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 09:48 - Mar 5 by angryjack

we will continue to have a decline in season tkt renewals the longer we stay in this division.

martin may be the current reason for that extended stay so only short term causation for your buds.

other season tkt holders it is routine to head down the footie on saturday afternoon win, lose, or draw, they are the foundations of the club.
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 15:37 - Mar 5 with 2238 viewsbuilthjack

It seems to be in certain parts of the ground then.
All,around us have renewed, they are not happy, but they are supporters of their club, Swansea City.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 15:38 - Mar 5 with 2237 viewsPlankton

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 13:11 - Mar 5 by ReslovenSwan1

*mettle
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 17:40 - Mar 5 with 2123 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 12:02 - Mar 5 by heatwave

The owners are spouting the same rubbish to him as he spouts to us.
The only difference is he believes what they say.
I can't believe a word he says.

He doesn't. I'm sure. believe the owners.
However he has to toe the party line or his tenure will end even quicker

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 20:31 - Mar 5 with 2021 viewsQJumpingJack

A poor performance / heavy defeat to Middlesborough then surely there has to be a change?

Maybe he can put be put on gardening leave a la Cooper - Summer 2021?
Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 21:05 - Mar 5 with 1984 viewsonehunglow

There she blows

That’s us.

Yep,we truly are screwed. Sonethong deeply worrying is going on.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 21:08 - Mar 5 with 1975 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 21:05 - Mar 5 by onehunglow

There she blows

That’s us.

Yep,we truly are screwed. Sonethong deeply worrying is going on.

Yep

The owners are cack
The people they employ are cack
The manager is cack
The players are cack
The fans are getting cracked off.

Clear what was coming when the sell outs sold out.

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 22:22 - Mar 5 with 1899 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 21:08 - Mar 5 by magicdaps10

Yep

The owners are cack
The people they employ are cack
The manager is cack
The players are cack
The fans are getting cracked off.

Clear what was coming when the sell outs sold out.

You were happy a few months back, basking in the delights of just being a championship club.

Comparing to the likes of league 2 basement days.

But now there is an angle to attack the owners, the world is falling in on us again and everything is “cack”.

The manager has turned out to be poor. Those before him managed just fine.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 07:57 - Mar 6 with 1760 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin reassured he has the full support of the majority owners at Swans on 22:22 - Mar 5 by Dr_Parnassus

You were happy a few months back, basking in the delights of just being a championship club.

Comparing to the likes of league 2 basement days.

But now there is an angle to attack the owners, the world is falling in on us again and everything is “cack”.

The manager has turned out to be poor. Those before him managed just fine.

Potter and Cooper before Martin both had promises broken by the owners and the same has happened again, only this time Martin has taken it to heart far more than the previous 2 and it's affected him, the team and the club to a level that something needs sorting.
Thus far the owners have been non existent and are hiding over the pond except for one video call with the token Swansea jacket on.

This has happened before and has happened again, as you say, if they don't learn from mistakes then something needs to be done.
Something has been going wrong for a few years which has ultimately seen us end up where we are today.........a club that is just in a mess and the guys at the top need to take responsibility for it just as people say Martin needs to take control of the team as he is the manager.

It can't be how it's suits otherwise it just becomes contradictions.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024