Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Citeh v Arsenal 21:06 - Apr 26 with 4779 viewshubble

Incredible football from City, beautiful goals, a real gulf in class.

Football at this level is an art form. It's a joy to watch.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Citeh v Arsenal on 23:48 - Apr 26 with 1384 viewsstowmarketrange

Citeh v Arsenal on 23:19 - Apr 26 by Marc

Makes me sick thinking back when we celebrated along with them winning their first premier league title. It all feels very dirty their success and the premier league now in danger, in fact probably even passed that point, of it becoming a one team league.

At the time it would’ve made a change for City to win it rather than Moan Utd again,and a lot of our fans that day were celebrating staying up and were in the mood for a party.I wasn’t there that day but my brother was saying that city were giving it the cut throat sign on 90 minutes,but wanted to shake hands 4 minutes later.
Citeh v Arsenal on 08:15 - Apr 27 with 1130 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Makes me sick thinking back when we celebrated along with them winning their first premier league title. It all feels very dirty their success and the premier league now in danger, in fact probably even passed that point, of it becoming a one team league.

If we thought that, then we'd have packed up in the 80s when Liverpool were dominant and the 90s and 00s when it was United. Currently it's City and when Pep goes or their replacements for Thor or KDB fail, then it'll be some other play thing of an obscenely rich owner's side to dominate.

Thst said, the whole Bezos/QPR thing will change some folks' tunes soon enough.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Citeh v Arsenal on 08:34 - Apr 27 with 1099 viewshubble

Citeh v Arsenal on 22:16 - Apr 26 by traininvain

It all looks so sterile when you see their fans barely celebrating goals in a potential title winning game.

Obviously prefer City to win the league ahead of Chelsea and probably one or two others but it all feels a bit hollow and meaningless.

I've got to take issue with this mate: the atmosphere was electric, the comms mentioned how good it was, and the City fans stayed till the end, it was the Arsenal fans who started leaving early.

It's funny isn't it, this was meant to be a post about celebrating the 'beautiful game' without any of the socio-political baggage, but clearly that's not possible, and apparently I have strayed from the ideological path... 😂

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Citeh v Arsenal on 08:45 - Apr 27 with 1084 viewsManinBlack

Citeh v Arsenal on 08:15 - Apr 27 by PlanetHonneywood

If we thought that, then we'd have packed up in the 80s when Liverpool were dominant and the 90s and 00s when it was United. Currently it's City and when Pep goes or their replacements for Thor or KDB fail, then it'll be some other play thing of an obscenely rich owner's side to dominate.

Thst said, the whole Bezos/QPR thing will change some folks' tunes soon enough.

Yes but football was not about big money in the 80's and early 90's until the Premier League arrived. Now the money is obscene and it appears that some clubs are being bankrolled by entire countries. In the period you mention the managers and players were British. Now we have the best managers and players from around the world playing for teams like man City. By comparison the rest of us are paupers and can't compete like we could. You won't see Forest, Derby, Villa, Everton etc winning the title again unless they get a Newcastle style takeover.

People mock the SPL with Celtic winning it every year, rather like Bayern winning the Bundesliga, but our Premier League is becoming the same with City continually winning it. Who knows maybe Newcastle will be the only club with the finances to change that but what a prospect for the game that the title goes to one of the two richest clubs in the world every season. Not only do City dominate the league but they treat our domestic cups seriously too and constantly appear in finals. Even in Liverpool and United's league dominance they didn't keep winning the cups so others got a look in.

How did City repay us for gifting them the title? Couple of seasons later they hammered us 6-0 to send us down. No favours given that we afforded them. Southern softies indeed...
Citeh v Arsenal on 08:46 - Apr 27 with 1081 viewsBAWHoops

Premier League is just Ligue 1 with bells on.
City won 4 of the last 5 titles (with 99 point Liverpool the other side).
What's the point? Nobody can get near them. The whole top end of football is rigged, unless you are state owned you haven't got a chance. It's why I feel the constant ribbing of Daniel Levy is unfair. He organically broke through a glass ceiling and put Spurs in the top club conversation without backing from a PetroState/Energy Drinks Company/Shady American Investment Fund.

Best League in The World... do me a favour. it's a procession every year

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Citeh v Arsenal on 08:47 - Apr 27 with 1079 viewstraininvain

Citeh v Arsenal on 08:34 - Apr 27 by hubble

I've got to take issue with this mate: the atmosphere was electric, the comms mentioned how good it was, and the City fans stayed till the end, it was the Arsenal fans who started leaving early.

It's funny isn't it, this was meant to be a post about celebrating the 'beautiful game' without any of the socio-political baggage, but clearly that's not possible, and apparently I have strayed from the ideological path... 😂

I wasn’t at the game so can’t really comment on the overall atmosphere but I’m not sure I’d rely on the BT/Sky commentators as it’s their product at risk and they need to hype it as ‘the best league in the world’.

But watching the City fans celebrate the goals last night, it felt like they were going through the motions and it was more muscle memory than something genuinely exciting happening. Whereas the Arsenal fans were desperate for an unlikely win and a first title in 20 odd years.

Probably understandable given it’ll be City’s 5th title in 6 seasons but depressing to watch nonetheless imo. And as someone pointed out above, the Premiership is effectively a one team league nowadays which can’t be a good thing and brings us back to my first paragraph!
Citeh v Arsenal on 09:02 - Apr 27 with 1063 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Citeh v Arsenal on 08:45 - Apr 27 by ManinBlack

Yes but football was not about big money in the 80's and early 90's until the Premier League arrived. Now the money is obscene and it appears that some clubs are being bankrolled by entire countries. In the period you mention the managers and players were British. Now we have the best managers and players from around the world playing for teams like man City. By comparison the rest of us are paupers and can't compete like we could. You won't see Forest, Derby, Villa, Everton etc winning the title again unless they get a Newcastle style takeover.

People mock the SPL with Celtic winning it every year, rather like Bayern winning the Bundesliga, but our Premier League is becoming the same with City continually winning it. Who knows maybe Newcastle will be the only club with the finances to change that but what a prospect for the game that the title goes to one of the two richest clubs in the world every season. Not only do City dominate the league but they treat our domestic cups seriously too and constantly appear in finals. Even in Liverpool and United's league dominance they didn't keep winning the cups so others got a look in.

How did City repay us for gifting them the title? Couple of seasons later they hammered us 6-0 to send us down. No favours given that we afforded them. Southern softies indeed...

The money has gone way out of control, doesn't need debating among any of us of a certain age. However, was it really ever thus?

Not defending it, but big clubs have always been at the top, and the Division 1/Prem in my time has always been the domain of United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, and now Citeh are in the mix. Derby, Forest (twice) Leeds, Blackburn and of course, latterly Leicester in the recent Prem era, were at best, fleeting one-offs and all those clubs have spent long periods outside the Prem too.

However, the trajectory football is on - European/global superleague and games played in the US/Asia - is what will kill it in my view and that's not too far off.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Citeh v Arsenal on 09:54 - Apr 27 with 999 viewsBluce_Ree

City winning doesn't bother me.

In the 90/00s, I'd root for Man Utd in these type of games because if they won things, they stopped Chelsea winning them.

But then they went shit (relatively) and that left the door open for Chelsea and Liverpool to do awful, evil things. But then City came along and keep winning shit. If it stops Liverpool and Chelsea, then I'm into it.

And it's fun to laugh at Arsenal choking. Arsenal bitches.

Not that I care. C*nt division full of c*nts. I hate all divisions/teams/players/misc though. C*nts.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Citeh v Arsenal on 16:53 - Apr 27 with 803 viewsNewBee

"... the premier league now in danger, in fact probably even passed that point, of it becoming a one team league"

They said that eg in the 1970's/1980's, when Liverpool won 10 titles in 15 seasons, including 4 in 5 - twice!

Or from 1992/93 when Man U won 8 in 11, followed by 5 from 7 after 2006/07.

Of course with the money poured into M.City, there is a danger of this becoming entrenched. As against that, how will they fare if/when Guardiola leaves?

Man U couldn't keep it up after SAF stood down, and while Liverpool continued to build on Shankly's legacy with Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish, even the Boot Room stopped producing graduates, heralding a 31 years wait for their 19th title.
Citeh v Arsenal on 16:58 - Apr 27 with 796 viewsNewBee

Citeh v Arsenal on 08:46 - Apr 27 by BAWHoops

Premier League is just Ligue 1 with bells on.
City won 4 of the last 5 titles (with 99 point Liverpool the other side).
What's the point? Nobody can get near them. The whole top end of football is rigged, unless you are state owned you haven't got a chance. It's why I feel the constant ribbing of Daniel Levy is unfair. He organically broke through a glass ceiling and put Spurs in the top club conversation without backing from a PetroState/Energy Drinks Company/Shady American Investment Fund.

Best League in The World... do me a favour. it's a procession every year

As someone pointed out, Levy has appointed 10 x FT managers during his 20 years in charge.

Before and after their time at Spurs, those managers won 61 trophies between them. During their time at Spurs, they won one, the League Cup.

No doubt he has been very successful in managing their balance sheet - wonderful stadium, top quality training ground, manageable debt etc - but what is the point of a football club, if not to produce a team sheet which can compete with the best?
Citeh v Arsenal on 17:12 - Apr 27 with 762 viewsE15Hoop

Citeh v Arsenal on 21:16 - Apr 26 by hubble

Sparsenal 😂

I think "Arsurs" might catch on more quickly..
Citeh v Arsenal on 17:15 - Apr 27 with 758 viewsted_hendrix

You should be declared the winner of the Prem League by proving how much cash you've got In the bank not by playing football but showing anybody who's interested your bank balance.

The club with the biggest CASH balance In May shall be declared the winner and all the other clubs will be declared runner uppers with crap bank balances.

Ordinary Men will then go back to wearing Marks & Spencer tank tops.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Citeh v Arsenal on 19:02 - Apr 27 with 688 viewsPaddyhoops

It’s like the budsenliga now. Pointless.
They’ll win it another 5 or 6 times before the premier league may decide it’s not a fair fight.
Constantly under investigation but nothing ever happens.
Great side, great players and great manager but the outcome is rarely in doubt.
Dull.
Citeh v Arsenal on 19:12 - Apr 27 with 674 viewsHayesender

Citeh v Arsenal on 08:34 - Apr 27 by hubble

Sorry mate, but thats nonsense. Most of the city "fans" were more interested in taking photos of the players celebrating, rather than celebrating themselves, half of the home crowd looked like tourists at their very first game, and there were loads of empty seats when Haaland scored the 4th goal.

I just wish we'd denied them that first title all those years ago now. Horrible plastic club

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Citeh v Arsenal on 19:13 - Apr 27 with 674 viewskernowhoop

Arsenal have a far less experienced team and less experience of high-pressure games. But, it is strange that Arsenal's approach to such an important game was not better than it appeared to be. After all, Brentford and Spurs have beaten City this season and Nottingham Forest and Everton have drawn with them. Did Arsenal not learn anything from that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024