Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust statement 17:26 - Jul 20 with 4438 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/07/trust-statement-7/

Good statement from the Trust, with the total clarity around involving them and members around any possible investment.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust statement on 18:09 - Jul 20 with 4289 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Notice the number of members has not been updated since Feb 2023 and we are now looking at a new Season 23/24.......is there an update on renewal and recruitment take up please?

This statement is another good reason to get your fivers out of your sky-rocket and have the ability to say your piece at any takeover.
Trust statement on 18:27 - Jul 20 with 4211 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust statement on 18:09 - Jul 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Notice the number of members has not been updated since Feb 2023 and we are now looking at a new Season 23/24.......is there an update on renewal and recruitment take up please?

This statement is another good reason to get your fivers out of your sky-rocket and have the ability to say your piece at any takeover.

The statement indicates that the Trust Director in the Boardroom isn't involved in discussions with the prospective investors. If he was then the investors would already be aware of the process in relation to the Supporters Trust you would have thought and there would be no need for the club to inform them. Maybe I've interpreted the statement the wrong way and he has been at the table during the talks. As a representative of the largest shareholders in the club and a Director you would expect Murray Knight to be invited. As a supporter that would give us all confidence.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 18:28]
Trust statement on 18:28 - Jul 20 with 4208 viewsThreeLions

Trust statement on 18:09 - Jul 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Bloody nit picking!!! Perhaps the membership officer has been busy with his full time commitments plus taken time off for family holidays etc. The trust is made up of volunteers so maybe cut them some slack FFS
Trust statement on 18:42 - Jul 20 with 4147 viewsTomRAFC

Trust statement on 18:27 - Jul 20 by TalkingSutty

The statement indicates that the Trust Director in the Boardroom isn't involved in discussions with the prospective investors. If he was then the investors would already be aware of the process in relation to the Supporters Trust you would have thought and there would be no need for the club to inform them. Maybe I've interpreted the statement the wrong way and he has been at the table during the talks. As a representative of the largest shareholders in the club and a Director you would expect Murray Knight to be invited. As a supporter that would give us all confidence.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 18:28]

It doesn't suggest that at all. The statement said no such deal was made. How could Murray possibly make people aware of the process if the deal didn't exist? Do you want him to pass a message on to the tooth fairy whilst he's at it?

I share your concerns about the current board, but these swipes at Murray are groundless and absolutely uncalled for.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 19:01]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Trust statement on 18:48 - Jul 20 with 4120 viewsdalemark

I'm fully expecting to get pelters for this, but sadly I wouldn't be surprised if the BoD decided to sell without consulting fans / the trust. I hadn't heard the rumour, and still don't know the detail of it, but people I trust are worried and that makes me worried. The level of disdain / ignorance / viewing fans as an inconvenience that has been apparent over the last few months makes me question a few things.

Taking away the money put in to see off Morton House (for me they are burning through that goodwill at a rate of knots, & they also weren't the only ones heavily involved in saving us, the Trust & others contributed in ways other than financial)...

What, if anything, have we seen from the board that suggests:

- They are trustworthy / honest when it comes to being accountable to / working in tandem with fans or the trust?

- They are serious about improving the club. Apart from bars, what is ACTUALLY tangibly better than it was 2 years ago? Kit supplier at a stretch? How many NEW sponsors have we seen in the last 6 months, for example?

- That their priority is to safeguard the club and not solely to get their money back at any cost?

- That the rest of the BoD have any faith at all in SG, and it isn't a pure dictatorship resulting in partners / sponsors / staff being disillusioned and leaving?

Let me be clear - this isn't 'harking back to the old days' as the previous lot were awful too - but actions aren't matching words at the minute and, although its frowned upon to question those in the board room, I think we need to start having a grown up conversation about it.
Trust statement on 19:07 - Jul 20 with 4025 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust statement on 18:42 - Jul 20 by TomRAFC

It doesn't suggest that at all. The statement said no such deal was made. How could Murray possibly make people aware of the process if the deal didn't exist? Do you want him to pass a message on to the tooth fairy whilst he's at it?

I share your concerns about the current board, but these swipes at Murray are groundless and absolutely uncalled for.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 19:01]

There is absolutely no swipe at Murray whatsoever, he does a fantastic job. Whatever makes you think it's a swipe at Murray?šŸ˜†. I'm only suggesting that he might not have been invited into the discussions, i don't expect him to smash the door inšŸ‘ I don't understand why the club would have to inform the investors about the Trust process if there was ( or is in the future) a Trust Director ( Murray) in the negotiations, do you? When I read the Trust statement it sounds as though there won't be, or hasn't been, a Trust representitive ( Murray) involved in negotiations.I did also say that I might have misinterpreted the statement.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 19:22]
Trust statement on 19:21 - Jul 20 with 3937 viewsTomRAFC

Trust statement on 19:07 - Jul 20 by TalkingSutty

There is absolutely no swipe at Murray whatsoever, he does a fantastic job. Whatever makes you think it's a swipe at Murray?šŸ˜†. I'm only suggesting that he might not have been invited into the discussions, i don't expect him to smash the door inšŸ‘ I don't understand why the club would have to inform the investors about the Trust process if there was ( or is in the future) a Trust Director ( Murray) in the negotiations, do you? When I read the Trust statement it sounds as though there won't be, or hasn't been, a Trust representitive ( Murray) involved in negotiations.I did also say that I might have misinterpreted the statement.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 19:22]

My apologies, it read very much like some of the many unfair swipes he has received. Sorry if I've seen something in your post that wasn't there.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Trust statement on 19:25 - Jul 20 with 3917 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust statement on 19:21 - Jul 20 by TomRAFC

My apologies, it read very much like some of the many unfair swipes he has received. Sorry if I've seen something in your post that wasn't there.

I would never have a swipe at Murray, i've had the odd heated discussion with him when we've disagreed about things but he's up there with the best fans that we have and I respect him a lot. He was very instrumental in saving the club alongside other members of the Trust during the MH saga. Thanks for your apology.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust statement on 20:07 - Jul 20 with 3758 views_Windydale

I agree, it's a good statement clarifying the trusts views to quash rumours. Nothing more.
Trust statement on 20:20 - Jul 20 with 3693 viewsD_Alien

Trust statement on 18:48 - Jul 20 by dalemark

I'm fully expecting to get pelters for this, but sadly I wouldn't be surprised if the BoD decided to sell without consulting fans / the trust. I hadn't heard the rumour, and still don't know the detail of it, but people I trust are worried and that makes me worried. The level of disdain / ignorance / viewing fans as an inconvenience that has been apparent over the last few months makes me question a few things.

Taking away the money put in to see off Morton House (for me they are burning through that goodwill at a rate of knots, & they also weren't the only ones heavily involved in saving us, the Trust & others contributed in ways other than financial)...

- They are trustworthy / honest when it comes to being accountable to / working in tandem with fans or the trust?

- They are serious about improving the club. Apart from bars, what is ACTUALLY tangibly better than it was 2 years ago? Kit supplier at a stretch? How many NEW sponsors have we seen in the last 6 months, for example?

- That their priority is to safeguard the club and not solely to get their money back at any cost?

- That the rest of the BoD have any faith at all in SG, and it isn't a pure dictatorship resulting in partners / sponsors / staff being disillusioned and leaving?

Let me be clear - this isn't 'harking back to the old days' as the previous lot were awful too - but actions aren't matching words at the minute and, although its frowned upon to question those in the board room, I think we need to start having a grown up conversation about it.

You're fully entitled to put those points forward, and any "pelters" would only be received from anyone who doesn't like questions being asked, so can be ignored

I expect the BoD will consult with the Trust should they find an investor with (from their point of view) the right credentials. The only issue would then be whether they'd take any notice should the Trust (after consulting with the fanbase) decide they didn't like the look of the proposed investor(s), for whatever reason

The BoD would be under no obligation to turn down what they see as a reasonable offer - in other words, the Trust might have their say but they wouldn't necessarily have a veto

This would apply particularly if the offer included recouping some of their own financial outlay. Some directors may even need to do so, and no-one should judge them for that; but are they really going to say "oh, okay, we'll leave the offer if you don't like it" ?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust statement on 20:21 - Jul 20 with 3690 viewsblackdogblue

Hi All,

Ok the facts as I have said about me being hissed off about a multitude of thingsā€¦ one thing will never changeā€¦.

I (we as the BDB Fam as well) love my club and my heart & blood is šŸ’™ Daleā€¦

The Trust & all they represent and us have a duty to keep watch on what is going onā€¦.

They have my & hopefully ā€œourā€ support as a forumā€¦

As a forum we should be 110% behind them & not questioning them on what they can or cannot say publiclyā€¦

Things are seen / heard & as long as we are one TEAMā€¦ letā€™s protect what we areā€¦

We all need to be vigilant on things that may be going on & trust them to do what they do best & keep our club ours..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Trust statement on 20:26 - Jul 20 with 3667 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust statement on 20:21 - Jul 20 by blackdogblue

Hi All,

Ok the facts as I have said about me being hissed off about a multitude of thingsā€¦ one thing will never changeā€¦.

I (we as the BDB Fam as well) love my club and my heart & blood is šŸ’™ Daleā€¦

The Trust & all they represent and us have a duty to keep watch on what is going onā€¦.

They have my & hopefully ā€œourā€ support as a forumā€¦

As a forum we should be 110% behind them & not questioning them on what they can or cannot say publiclyā€¦

Things are seen / heard & as long as we are one TEAMā€¦ letā€™s protect what we areā€¦

We all need to be vigilant on things that may be going on & trust them to do what they do best & keep our club ours..

'The Trust are the only thing that we can really Trust'

Would that be too big to print on a T shirt?
Trust statement on 21:41 - Jul 20 with 3460 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Trust statement on 18:28 - Jul 20 by ThreeLions

Bloody nit picking!!! Perhaps the membership officer has been busy with his full time commitments plus taken time off for family holidays etc. The trust is made up of volunteers so maybe cut them some slack FFS

Wow, sorry for the cage rattling! .....merely a passing observation rather than a gripe at anyone.

My post was mainly pertinant to my second comment regarding renewal of membership and boosting numbers.....

Oh and FFS
Trust statement on 04:35 - Jul 21 with 3102 viewsThreeLions

Trust statement on 21:41 - Jul 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Wow, sorry for the cage rattling! .....merely a passing observation rather than a gripe at anyone.

My post was mainly pertinant to my second comment regarding renewal of membership and boosting numbers.....

Oh and FFS

There's now a culture amongst the dale fan base to absolutely rip to pieces anything that is associated with the club without a thought. I apologise if that wasn't your aim but it's bloody annoying all this ultra negativity that's circling the club at the moment.
Trust statement on 06:45 - Jul 21 with 3052 viewskel

Trust statement on 04:35 - Jul 21 by ThreeLions

There's now a culture amongst the dale fan base to absolutely rip to pieces anything that is associated with the club without a thought. I apologise if that wasn't your aim but it's bloody annoying all this ultra negativity that's circling the club at the moment.

Indeed. Iā€™ve criticised the club lately for a multitude of things but some people are just hell bent on selective criticism for the sake of it and itā€™s often dependent on who they are mates with. The trust never being mentioned in their complaints is so obvious to me.

It would help massively if they could stick to the same username when doing it too so as to avoid confusion.
Trust statement on 09:55 - Jul 21 with 2769 viewsDaleiLama

Trust statement on 18:48 - Jul 20 by dalemark

"How many NEW sponsors have we seen in the last 6 months, for example?"

No pelters from me, and nor am I either an expert on the commercial activities @ Dale or a club apologist, but here's the Dale Business Directory page.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/commercial/business-directory/

Assuming it isn't out of date and we are paid for all the listings, there are 30 companies in this Directory. At the foot of the same page, there are also a list of sponsors logos, so guessing they may be paying a higher level of sponsorship.

I was also curious about this topic myself, so did a little research.

Rotonair (current) extended partnership on 17/7.
Smith metals (current) extended partnership on 21/6.
Energy funding service (new) sleeve and ground sponsorship on 15/6.
Partnership With Footasylum (new) 6/6

I went back as far as the end of last season but stopped there, mainly because you only get 12 news stories per refresh and I was getting bored/RSI.

I have no idea of attrition, rate of new sponsors above attrition, or how this compares with other clubs, but at least these seem to be facts rather than "impressions" and partly answers your question DM. I'm also guessing sponsors wouldn't necessarily renew until our fate was sealed so this may also be the last 6 month picture too?

Rochdale AFCā€™s Commercial Executive, is Matt Davies. Not sure if he is given license to discuss sponsorship with fans, but we have a Fans Forum coming up and a Trust which represents members interests, through which this could be pursued further if you are a member.

I think there is a prevailing feeling among the fanbase that we are not maximising commercial opportunities. Bottom line is it probably isn't an easy question to answer and probably won't be answered properly if asked either.

I do have some sympathy with 3 Lions views though, that there does seem to currently be something of a "pile on" collective mentality regarding everything to do with RAFC. As SL mentioned, a vacuum will always be filled, and as we are all still hurting from dropping out of the EFL, that silence is now largely being filled with negativity. There is an element of chicken and egg to this too - what started all this, the jaded fans who have suffered some crap football and the stress of the MH attack, or the jaded Board and club which has suffered some crap football and the stress of the MH attack but paid a lot more (from deeper pockets) for the privilege? We find ourselves in a Catch 22 at present. The only thing I've got to offer to try to improve this mess is positivity is more likely to get us "back where we belong" than negativity. Of course, this does not and will never preclude valid criticism. Just one fan and shareholder's opinion.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Trust statement on 10:33 - Jul 21 with 2675 viewsDalenet

Trust statement on 09:55 - Jul 21 by DaleiLama

"How many NEW sponsors have we seen in the last 6 months, for example?"

No pelters from me, and nor am I either an expert on the commercial activities @ Dale or a club apologist, but here's the Dale Business Directory page.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/commercial/business-directory/

Assuming it isn't out of date and we are paid for all the listings, there are 30 companies in this Directory. At the foot of the same page, there are also a list of sponsors logos, so guessing they may be paying a higher level of sponsorship.

I was also curious about this topic myself, so did a little research.

Rotonair (current) extended partnership on 17/7.
Smith metals (current) extended partnership on 21/6.
Energy funding service (new) sleeve and ground sponsorship on 15/6.
Partnership With Footasylum (new) 6/6

I went back as far as the end of last season but stopped there, mainly because you only get 12 news stories per refresh and I was getting bored/RSI.

I have no idea of attrition, rate of new sponsors above attrition, or how this compares with other clubs, but at least these seem to be facts rather than "impressions" and partly answers your question DM. I'm also guessing sponsors wouldn't necessarily renew until our fate was sealed so this may also be the last 6 month picture too?

Rochdale AFCā€™s Commercial Executive, is Matt Davies. Not sure if he is given license to discuss sponsorship with fans, but we have a Fans Forum coming up and a Trust which represents members interests, through which this could be pursued further if you are a member.

I think there is a prevailing feeling among the fanbase that we are not maximising commercial opportunities. Bottom line is it probably isn't an easy question to answer and probably won't be answered properly if asked either.

I do have some sympathy with 3 Lions views though, that there does seem to currently be something of a "pile on" collective mentality regarding everything to do with RAFC. As SL mentioned, a vacuum will always be filled, and as we are all still hurting from dropping out of the EFL, that silence is now largely being filled with negativity. There is an element of chicken and egg to this too - what started all this, the jaded fans who have suffered some crap football and the stress of the MH attack, or the jaded Board and club which has suffered some crap football and the stress of the MH attack but paid a lot more (from deeper pockets) for the privilege? We find ourselves in a Catch 22 at present. The only thing I've got to offer to try to improve this mess is positivity is more likely to get us "back where we belong" than negativity. Of course, this does not and will never preclude valid criticism. Just one fan and shareholder's opinion.

Your last paragraph sums things up nicely. Its hard to be enthusiastic when we have seen such a steep decline in the club in recent seasons. I am just not looking forward to the new season at all, but hopefully that will change come August.

We have to remember that very few of our larger fan base post on here - certainly less than 2%. Everyone is entitled to a point of view of course, but there is such negativity it is hard to judge whether the other 98% feel the same. Lets hope we can get a more balanced view of the world when the football starts and we can see whether there is something to shout about. The Trust has agreed to take on many of the observations and suggestions and challenge the Board. We'll see whether that comes to anything over time. The fans that are local have a chance to get involved tomorrow - I am sure a few of the BoD will be on hand to thank them and could answer a few questions.
Trust statement on 13:38 - Jul 21 with 2364 viewsdalemark

All fair points DL, and on reflection I can see that I probably come across as moaning for the sake of it and probably hypercritical too - I will say, though, its from a real desire for us to be better and frustration that we constantly miss opportunities TO be better. We are talking a lot about how we are struggling financially, and I struggle to reconcile that with the poor off field behaviours and performance.

I'm not sure if my criticism is often pointed at the wrong place - should it be pointed at the people responsible for hiring staff members who maybe aren't right for the role? Should it be pointed at staff members who are capable but choose not to go all in to maximise opportunities? Should it be at the COO for allowing departments not to be running full tilt? Or should it be at the BoD for not holding the COO / department heads to account? The answer is probably a mixture of all four, and the things I often point out probably get lost because there are so many and it feels a bit targeted as they're generally about the same departments.

Just to answer your point on the sponsorships, the EFS is the only NEW sponsor I can see since the commercial team changed. Adrian (previous head of commercial) secured FootAsylum as far back as February. My frustration is that we haven't seen more brought in, we haven't bothered with a commercial brochure, and we haven't proactively contacted current / lapsed sponsors for players... I'm genuinely pleased to see us offering sponsors on new signing announcements (as was suggested on here), but that shouldn't be at the expense of 'smiling and dialling' too. There are so many things that should be being done (even with our limited headcount) and so many offers of support that aren't being taken on, its easy to start asking questions such as 'do they even care?'

Maybe this messageboard isn't the right place to share criticism of commercial / retail / communications operations, but having tried at forums, emails to the club, emails to (& meetings with) directors, feedback at the trust events and no notable improvements, I'm struggling to see how else we can get things improved.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 13:40]
Trust statement on 14:03 - Jul 21 with 2282 viewsjudd

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/06/fan-engagement-programme-for-23-24/

Out of the Trust meetings with fans came the Fan Engagement programme as detailed at the link.

The amount of issues and ideas covered at the Trust events is huge and has had to be collated into sensible presentations that can be managed by the small number of people available to deliver.

The club has been proactive in this programme.

Although some dates may irk some fans because they think they are too far into the future, simple logistics dictate what can be managed and when. Personally I would have liked to have seen the Volunteer Army meeting to have happened by now, but in the interim we have volunteers at the ground tomorrow getting things done.

Rome wasn't built in a day and a reasonable amount of patience is required if fans ideas and wishes are to be implemented over the coming season.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust statement on 15:04 - Jul 21 with 2178 viewsThreeLions

Trust statement on 13:38 - Jul 21 by dalemark

All fair points DL, and on reflection I can see that I probably come across as moaning for the sake of it and probably hypercritical too - I will say, though, its from a real desire for us to be better and frustration that we constantly miss opportunities TO be better. We are talking a lot about how we are struggling financially, and I struggle to reconcile that with the poor off field behaviours and performance.

I'm not sure if my criticism is often pointed at the wrong place - should it be pointed at the people responsible for hiring staff members who maybe aren't right for the role? Should it be pointed at staff members who are capable but choose not to go all in to maximise opportunities? Should it be at the COO for allowing departments not to be running full tilt? Or should it be at the BoD for not holding the COO / department heads to account? The answer is probably a mixture of all four, and the things I often point out probably get lost because there are so many and it feels a bit targeted as they're generally about the same departments.

Just to answer your point on the sponsorships, the EFS is the only NEW sponsor I can see since the commercial team changed. Adrian (previous head of commercial) secured FootAsylum as far back as February. My frustration is that we haven't seen more brought in, we haven't bothered with a commercial brochure, and we haven't proactively contacted current / lapsed sponsors for players... I'm genuinely pleased to see us offering sponsors on new signing announcements (as was suggested on here), but that shouldn't be at the expense of 'smiling and dialling' too. There are so many things that should be being done (even with our limited headcount) and so many offers of support that aren't being taken on, its easy to start asking questions such as 'do they even care?'

Maybe this messageboard isn't the right place to share criticism of commercial / retail / communications operations, but having tried at forums, emails to the club, emails to (& meetings with) directors, feedback at the trust events and no notable improvements, I'm struggling to see how else we can get things improved.

Maybe the relevant people have been ringing around trying to gain sponsorship but hitting a brick wall we have to remember the economy at the moment is at a very low ebb. Companies just don't have spare cash around for using on sponsorship even though you can get a tax break on it.

The same goes for the match going supporter who will have seen any money available for leisure activities dwindle to almost nothing due to high cost of living costs. I know I'm struggling at the moment and things like attending sporting events will have to take a back step unfortunately. I suppose I'm just saying let's stay positive as some things are just out of the control of the club at the moment and we as a fanbase need to reflect on this.

I do have concerns around the current situation the club has found itself in but I feel we really need to get behind the team and club this pre season and start of the season as all that has predicted by the doom and gloom merchants will sadly become true. Another relegation straight away would certainly kill the club off in my eyes.
Trust statement on 15:15 - Jul 21 with 2147 viewsDaleiLama

Trust statement on 13:38 - Jul 21 by dalemark

Your reply was equally fair and balanced DM. We all get frustrated. The problem with fans is we are fanatical and when you care to such an extent, it's not easy to rein that in sometimes.

I too think the club could and should be doing more, and you raise lots of areas for improvement which, hopefully, will be part of the regeneration in step with the Trust and the volunteer army (as Judd points out in his post).

Ta for the FootAsylum update ... not new then, but does meet your criteria of last 6 months!

Ultimately, if there are a lot of good people all trying to pull in the same direction, surely we must make progress and things must improve. It worked against MH and we have to hope that it will lead to better times in the future. Cheers and up the Dale

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024