Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier 17:30 - Nov 16 with 1637 viewswestisbest

Team news

Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 18:09 - Nov 16 with 1601 viewsdantheswansman

Couldnt find this on S4C online but it is playing on Youtube for anyone interested

Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 19:06 - Nov 16 with 1566 viewsReslovenSwan1

Sgorio in English. Iceland look much slicker than Wales but Wales 1-0 up. Josh misses a good chance. Needs to improve composure.

Luke Harris has a big reputation and a regular in the Fulham first team at 18. I have seen nothing to justify it to date. Miscontrolled an excellent through ball by Stevens who has been Wales best played so far along with Hammond. Shame Pat Jones is injured. He is lightening quick and an outlet for Colwill.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 19:13 - Nov 16 with 1554 viewsKeithHaynes

LIVE here

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 19:24 - Nov 16 with 1532 viewsKeithHaynes

Josh Thomas 🟥

Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 19:28 - Nov 16 with 1519 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 19:24 - Nov 16 by KeithHaynes

Josh Thomas 🟥

The guy is a trier but lacks composure and class sadly.

Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 20:09 - Nov 16 with 1454 viewsjasper_T

Great win considering we were second best even before we went down to 10. Some of them didn't wake up until then (Harris, Savage, Bevan). A group of mostly lower league scrappers happier grinding out results than playing football, unfortunately.

Shame for Josh. Was having a decent game. He just doesn't have on off switch and ends up crossing the line too often. There were two fouls right before the collision with the keeper that probably made the ref's mind up if he'd had any doubts.
Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 20:40 - Nov 16 with 1416 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 20:09 - Nov 16 by jasper_T

Great win considering we were second best even before we went down to 10. Some of them didn't wake up until then (Harris, Savage, Bevan). A group of mostly lower league scrappers happier grinding out results than playing football, unfortunately.

Shame for Josh. Was having a decent game. He just doesn't have on off switch and ends up crossing the line too often. There were two fouls right before the collision with the keeper that probably made the ref's mind up if he'd had any doubts.

I think it was more about the after effect of his slide in on the keeper than the tackle itself.
He really did hammer his head following through.
Sending off for me.

Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 20:43 - Nov 16 with 1404 viewsKeithHaynes

Cymru are undefeated in their quest to qualify for the 2025 UEFA U21 European Championships in Georgia and Romania after a fine 1-0 win over Iceland.

The opening exchanges were uneventful but the game burst into life when Joe Low found the back of the net with a header from a cross into the box from Tom Davies. It was a lovely cross and a wonderful goal.

Low’s goal proved to be the winner but Cymru were made to work hard for the three points in the second half when Josh Thomas was sent off for serious foul play following a late challenge on Adam Benediktsson.

Iceland did their best to find an equaliser and used the extra player to stretch Cymru but they dug deep and defended resolutely to secure the points.

Cymru’s next match is against Denmark at Rodney Parade on Monday,

This post has been edited by an administrator

Login to get fewer ads

Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 22:55 - Nov 16 with 1308 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mooney should get off his backside and go to Reykjavik try to work out why Iceland with a tiny population play a far more modern game than Wales. Iceland after 2016 put a lot of money into coaching. Welsh underage teams play football from the 1970's depending on muscle and individual talent.

Congratulations to the team nevertheless based on grit and determination. I think Cotterill and Congreve would have added something. I have watched Wales u17 and the Victory shield and barely seen any good football with players running down blind alleys forcing things and misplacing passes all over the place. Plenty of individual talent not properly harnessed.

Jayden Leinou scored a Bale type goal for the u16s v Scotland. A t hing of beauty it was. A right back from Everton.

Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 11:28 - Nov 17 with 1196 viewsblackpooljack

If i remember rightly James Thomas held the u21's appearance record at one time (25) but never appeared on the winning side.
Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 16:24 - Nov 17 with 1131 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales u21 v Iceland u21 on s4c click 6pm thurs euro qualifier on 11:28 - Nov 17 by blackpooljack

If i remember rightly James Thomas held the u21's appearance record at one time (25) but never appeared on the winning side.

One goal in all those games and top scorer. Those were dark days. ut of the 2000-2002 team only James Collins and later Gabbidon came out of that squad.

I watched some truly lower league battlers David Pipe, Rhys Day, Kevin Gall, Ryan Valentine Leyton Maxwell. They battled hard for the badge which is all you can ask I suppose losing narrowly to vastly superior teams.

Wales play a low quality brand of football but have talent much more talent these days. In the last two game Matty Jones has parked the bus and gone direct i believe due to a lack of good coaching. From what I can see the players improve in the English academies as they play senior football. The truth is the "Welsh way" is a myth after the passing of Gary Speed. it is up to Mooney to refind it.

Wales team are strong runners which was seen v Croatia. James, Brooks, Wilson, Neco, Broadhead Roberts are all powerful energetic runners. Wales u21 are trying to pass and falling short. Wales u21 were most dangerous with uber fast Pat Jones running onto Colwill thorough balls. They had Denmark on toast. Colwill could not link so well with Josh Thomas who is nowhere near as fast or tricky as Pat Jones.

Josh failed to get a shot away in time in the first half and perhap should have done a pull back when the defended did a last ditch sliding tackle. Stevens did a peach of a cross for him but the defender got in front of him and he gave away a soft foul. Fine margins which Josh needs to find as he develops. Time with Trundle might help. He had no pace but knew what to do.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 17:36]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024